Start by marking “From Sky to Sky (No Less Days, #2)” as Want to Read:
From Sky to Sky (No Less Days, #2)

From Sky to Sky

(No Less Days #2)

Zac Wilson can’t die.

Daredevil Zac Wilson isn’t the first celebrity to keep a secret from the world, but his might be the most marvelous in history: Zac doesn’t age and injuries can’t kill him. What’s more, he’s part of a close-knit group of others just like him.

Holed up in Harbor Vale, Michigan, Zac meets two more of his kind who claim others in their circle have died.
Published February 1st 2020 by Barbour Publishing

To ask other readers questions about From Sky to Sky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about From Sky to Sky

Start your review of From Sky to Sky (No Less Days, #2)
Rachel McMillan
For endorsement:

From Sky to Sky proves yet again that Stevens does not merely write books rather experiences that engage the heart and mind. Visionary and compelling, yet always extremely readable, Stevens continues her tradition of thought provoking speculative fiction. With a philosopher's eye, she weaves deft characterization, unparalleled atmosphere and characters whose journeys I would follow to the ends of the earth in a challenging, beautifully rendered way.
Tonya
From Sky to Sky is book Two in a series written by Amanda G. Stevens. I did not realize it was a part of a series at first and there were a few times where I felt like I was a few steps behind in the beginning. But a third of the way into the book, the plot takes off and it doesn't seem like I missed too much by not reading the first book.

Christian Sci-Fi is a new genre for me, and I am very surprised at how much I liked this book. One of the main characters, Zac Wilson is a well known
Sarah Monzon
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a series where you definitely want to read book 1 first. Bonus:Book 1 is amazing so why wouldn’t you want to read it? First off, this series will get you to think. The mystery will keep you turning the pages and the characters will make you invested. Unlike any series I’ve read before.
Bonnie DeMoss
Feb 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
From Sky to Sky is the second in the No Less Days series by Amanda G. Stevens. It is about a group of people who seem young, but are over 100 years old. All of them were given a serum in the early 1900s that froze them at their current age. Having not read the first book, I was a little lost in the beginning. The reader will definitely benefit from reading the first book (No Less Days).

Zach is struggling to deal with the loss of a friend who completely betrayed him and seems to be in danger of
Lucinda
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
I happened upon this book on NG, requested it, got approved, started reading it and realized I had to read the first one in order to understand this one (the publisher should have noted that).

I'd call this genre contemporary speculative Christian. It's a very interesting premise, a group of people who were treated in the late 1860s /70s with a special serum that cures fatal injuries and keeps them young. They can't die a normal death.

The first book is about David and his discovery of Zac and
Terry Conrad
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first thing I would say is I feel it's a must to read book 1 in this series before this book. I preordered book 1 as soon as I saw the synopsis and who wrote it. A story about a small group of people who can't die or age. Well, there's one way they can die, but I won't say anything else about that. As in No Less Days, this author's writing is outstanding. She gives the characters such depth. I felt I was along side them during the story. This book is mostly Zac's story and told from his ...more
Lisa Johnson
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Title: From Sky to Sky (No Less Days Series #2)
Author: Amanda G. Stevens
Pages: 320
Year: 2020
Publisher: Shiloh Run Press
My rating: 4 out of 5 stars.
Amanda G. Stevens provides yet again a tale that weaves themes of faith into a story with suspense. I really was hooked with the first book, No Less Days. The main lead in that book was named David. While it isn’t necessary to read No Less Days before this book, I found it helpful to know what happened before this story started. When I opened the
Kailey
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book! I picks up right where No Less Days left off. I love how Amanda G. Stevens wasn’t afraid to write about such a broken character. She had a great message about not hiding your brokenness. I really enjoyed seeing more of these characters. It seems like this one ended with the possibility of another book. I sure hope there is more!

I received a complimentary copy from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.
Tiffany
Jan 17, 2020 rated it liked it
Turns out this is a hard one for me to rate and review.

There is a small handful of people that are longevites- they are immortal. Because of a special serum given them when younger (in the 1800's) they have the opportunity to live forever. Not all of them are happy about this. When some of these individuals start to die, the rest take it upon themselves to find out what happened. This is a story of loss, love, and finding the way back to faith.

I felt like I was slogging through the first half
Jaycee Weaver
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In this stunning follow on to No Less Days, the story continues through Zac’s point of view. The complex plot unfolds piece by piece, revealing new characters and adding to the longevite family in unexpected ways. I am absolutely enthralled by this concept.

Ms. Steven’s masterful use of language, intricate weaving of faith elements, and vivid exploration of the impossible make this an exquisite work of speculative fiction art. Truly brilliant.

I did receive a complimentary copy via NetGalley,
Karis
It’s rare I finish a book thinking wow, can I re-read that right now, but twice now Amanda G. Stevens has produced that effect for me with her No Less Days series. This series is such a unique blend of speculative fiction and suspense saturated by God’s love story toward mankind throughout time set against a beautiful backdrop of Michigan beauty all woven together to create an irresistible story.

I can’t recommend highly enough; this series truly is special and not typical of any other in its
Fiction Aficionado
I feel as though I can’t even begin to tell you how much I love this series, because as soon as I try to put voice to my thoughts, they all gush up at once and get jammed in my throat. Or fingers, as the case may be! My number one tip is to read NO LESS DAYS before this one. This is a series that is essential to read in order for maximum impact. Other than that, it’s perhaps best if I try to separate my thoughts into distinct categories.

Firstly, the premise—a group of previously unconnected
Lee
Dec 06, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Having not read the first book in this serious, I felt like I came in the middle of the story. It felt like something was missing for me, but I kept reading and it turned out to be a good read. There were a few twists and turns that kept the story lively and interesting. I think I would have enjoyed it more had I read the others book first. My thanks to Netgalley, the publisher and the author for an advance copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review.
#FromSkytoSky #NetGalley
Ian
No Less Days, the first book in the series, was one of my favourite reads of 2019. I loved how Stevens grappled with the notion of immortality and how faith in God 'works' when one is a longevite. I would suggest reading No Less Days before venturing into this one.

From Sky to Sky is Zac Wilson's story. We knew it would be because Stevens tells us at the end of No Less Days. We had met Zac in that story. He was a little crazy being a daredevil, impetuous but at the same time extraordinarily
MJSH
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-tours, read-2020
"Silence in company didn't hold the weight and mass of silence alone."

I highly recommend that you read No Less Days first before reading From Sky to Sky. The first book sets the premise and some of the characters in place so that you're not confused by how things pick up at the beginning of this story. The journey of the "elderfolk" or "longevites" continues through third person limited perspective of Zac Wilson who was introduced during the first book. David Galloway who indoctrinated the
Barry
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The protagonist of this story is introduced as Zac Wilson. The story is told in the third person, and told in the modern day so the characters make frequent use of smartphones, text messaging and social media. Zac is a “people person” and a “YouTube” celebrity. He has a secret shared by a close knit group of friends with the same secret.

The main characters in the book are “longevites” or “Elder folk” who have a seemingly immortal existence and who heal quickly from any fatal wound but otherwise
Tonya
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Joan
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was ok
This is the second book in a speculative fiction series. You will have had to read the first one to make any sense of this one. There was not enough back story to make this novel very readable without having read No Less Days. (I have read and reviewed that book as well.) I had read the first book but it was so long ago I was a bit lost at the beginning.

The framework of the series is that a doctor developed a serum in the mid-nineteenth century that, when administered to someone, allowed them to
Bonnie DeMoss
Feb 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Kelly Bridgewater
There is something about Amanda G. Stevens ability to capture my attention. Her stories don't usually have a lot of high octane suspense that I graviate toward, but she has the ability to capture my attention and beg me to keep flipping pages. Her stories have deep theological questions that majority of humanity wrestle with and allows the characters to deal with them in a realistic way. I really enjoyed the plot in From Sky to Sky. I couldn't wait to keep reading, so I finished the story in one ...more
Andrea
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I say this every time, but every new book Amanda Stevens writes is better than the last. Her characterizations get deeper with ever book, and Zac is quite a character—demanding attention in the most loving of ways. All his strengths and weaknesses are complex and vivid. As much as I love David, I’m never disappointed that Zac has stolen the story. David is still very present and important, though. I appreciate that Stevens digs more out of the characters we already know as she brings brand new ...more
Maureen Timerman
Jan 21, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020
I had a hard time really getting into this read, at times I felt a bit lost, but what a concept living forever, longevities. Maybe starting with the second book in this case is not a good idea.
I did like the concept of trying to help a child, but could not imagine outliving all of my children.
What a plot, you can survive a fall that would kill anyone else, you feel pain, but in a couple of days you are your old self, tongue in cheek on the “old”.
This book is a Christian Sci-Fi and we have
Jo
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series.
I love the beauty of the language.
I love the concepts expressed in that language.
I love the depth of reality in the characters, in how they face their struggles.
I love how (most) of the characters help each other in their struggles. (I'm looking at you, Moira.)
I. Just. Love. This. Series. . .

. . .And I. Want. MORE!!!!!!!!
Garland Public Library
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: stephanie
Really good book! The character's were well done and the fact that some of the characters were basically immortal made it interesting and a unique plot.
Ann
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was so good! It hooks you on the first page and keeps you reading to see what happens next. To really get the most out of this book I recommend you read No Less Days first. It has twist and turns and makes you stop and think. If you like Christian sci-fi, you don't want to miss this book! I enjoyed every minute spent reading this book. Thank you Barbour Publishing, Inc Shiloh Run Press via NetGalley for the ARC copy of this book. All opinions expressed are my own.
Carrie Tripp
Feb 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Thoughts
Suggested Beverage Pairing: Milky Way Latte
Characterization
The main character in this book is Zac. The story is told from Zac’s point of view. As an empath, Zac takes on the feelings of everyone around him. He forms bonds to others much more quickly than the average person. At the beginning of the book, Zac doesn’t even discuss the idea of God. Not even when his family, really just friends, try to talk to him about his relationship with God.

There are several other characters in this
Characterization

There are several other characters in this
Deana Dick
Feb 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I did have a very hard time getting into this book. I was not really sure what was going on and wished I had read the first book in the series. With that being said I wanted to give this book a fair chance. After all it is not the fault of the author that I didn’t read the first book. The story is set in a fantasy type setting which opens the door for imagination to soar with expectations. Over the last year I have come to embrace this genre with guarded anticipation. Some are over the top and ...more
Sara James
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given an ARC copy by NetGalley to read and review. My review is my honest opinion.

From Sky to Sky is the second book in a series by Amanda G. Stevens. I didn't realize this when I requested the ARC, but then remembered that I had the first book, No Less Days, on my list to read. I read From Sky to Sky even though I hadn't yet read the other. I didn't find this gave me any trouble warming to the characters or story, although I'm pretty sure I learned a few things that would have been
Kim
From Sky to Sky
by Amanda G. Stevens
Book 2 in No Less Days series
Rating: 3/5

Now I'm usually very generous with my book ratings. I am usually spot on when I choose a book to read that I will enjoy it. Unfortunately, after reading 100 pages, I was still not hooked. I went on Goodreads to see what others were saying and found one review that said it got better after the first half so I kept reading to the end. The story does get better during the second half but I dragged my feet reading through the
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: adding book to my author profile 8 18 Jun 23, 2019 12:51PM

• The Gray Chamber
  • The Fifth Avenue Story Society
  • The Blue Cloak (True Colors)
  • The Blizzard Bride (Daughters of the Mayflower, #11)
  • The Rebel Bride (Daughter of the Mayflower, #10)
  • Collision of Lies
  • End Game (Capital Intrigue, #1)
  • Veiled in Smoke (The Windy City Saga, #1)
  • Collateral Damage (Danger Never Sleeps, #1)
  • The Land Beneath Us (Sunrise at Normandy, #3)
  • The Dating Charade
  • On Wings of Devotion (The Codebreakers, #2)
  • Isaiah's Legacy (Prophets and Kings #3)
  • The Night Swim
  • The Brightest of Dreams (Canadian Crossings, #3)
  • One Little Lie (The Pelican Harbor #1)
  • Waltz in the Wilderness (Chaparral Hearts Book 1)
  • The New Husband
As a child Amanda G. Stevens disparaged Mary Poppins and Stuart Little because they could never happen. Now she writes speculative fiction. She is the author of the No Less Days series and the Haven Seekers series, and her debut Seek and Hide was a 2015 INSPY Award finalist. She lives in Michigan and loves trade paperbacks, folk music, the Golden Era of Hollywood, and white cheddar popcorn.

No Less Days (2 books)
  • No Less Days (No Less Days, #1)