Start by marking “The Moscow Whisper (Sean Richardson, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Moscow Whisper (Sean Richardson, #3)

The Moscow Whisper (Sean Richardson, #3)

‘Sometimes you have to enter the death zone to save the innocent ’

Kindle Edition, 1, 320 pages
Published June 12th 2020 by The Failsafe Thrillers

To ask other readers questions about The Moscow Whisper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Moscow Whisper

Start your review of The Moscow Whisper (Sean Richardson, #3)
Yvonne
Jul 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in the Sean Richardson and, boy oh boy was it a cracking read. While the title gives the impression of it being set in Moscow, it is the Russian mercenaries and arms dealers who provide the Moscow link.

This is an absolute cracker of a read and I have to say I feel for Sean as the author really does put him through his paces. Sean is an off the books operative for an exclusive group. Plausible deniability being something that is essential, but it doesn’t mean that Sean is w
Amina Kara
Jun 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was an excellent read. Full of fast-paced action and twists and turns that you don't see coming! I love a good spy book and this was definitely one of them.

I loved Sean, Jack and Laura! The latter was particularly funny, making me laugh out loud a few times. She wasn't the only one though, as there were humourous moments involving Jack and Sean too.

I haven't read the first two books in this series and will definitely read those whilst I wait impatiently to meet Sean and Co in the 4th book
Drew Johnson
May 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the third (and hopefully not the last!) instalment of the Failsafe Thrillers series, with our man Sean Richardson, a disgraced former spook for the UK Government, recruited once again by Jack H from The Court - a secretive British Intelligence department - and asked to put his life on the line in another deniable operation.

This time it's to take down an international arms network with Russian connections and, as if that weren't enough for Sean to deal with, unbeknownst to him, he is also
Katrina
Jun 02, 2020 rated it liked it
A fast paced espionage tale. Lots of complications and characters with many twists and turns. Enjoyed the read thanks to the author and pigeonhole and will go back to read the first 2 books to get a better insight into the characters. Enjoyed the scenes set in the Sahara and would have liked more focus on those events. It can be read as a stand-alone thriller.
Shelagh Wadman
Jun 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed catching up once again with disgraced undercover agent Sean Richardson and his covert team. They are not only great characters individually but their loyalty, trust of each other and their bravery leaves you at times breathless, at other times incredulous, that they actually survive. Although not all of them do in the Double Agent. The detailed plans made in high powered meetings, the amazing technology used, and the fast pace of the operations keeps you on the edge of your seat the wh ...more
Alison
Jun 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Arms dealers are an indispensable, if unsavoury, instrument of geopolitics.’ A character states in the first chapter, which sets the stage of this exciting book, crisscrossing countries borders in search of hostiles. Such is ‘The Moscow Whisperer’ by Michael Jenkins, a stunning book that I read on The Pigeonhole app with other readers. It is a riveting storyline, fast paced, breathtaking daring with edge of your seat actions, such believable and lovable characters. The love not knowing and knowi ...more
Meredith Rankin
This is number 3 in the Sean Richardson series, but it works as a standalone. However, there are certain details from the previous novel included, so it might be best to start at the series beginning.

Relationships and various other things have changed between The Kompromat Kill and The Moscow Whisper. Sean’s been on a downward spiral with his alcoholism–again–and his boss, Jack H, has forced him to see a therapist. But Jenkins does a good job of bringing us up to date on any changes whenever the
Mark Kane
Jun 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a way to end a trilogy, I thought that the first 2 books in the Series, The Failsafe Query & Kompromat Kill where absolutely brilliant however The Moscow Whisper has you on the edge constantly. The trilogy is the most realistic series of books I have ever read, tackling many issues facing the world right now.

The Moscow Whisper picks up where the previous book Kompromat Kill left off, before you finish the first few pages you feel as though you have just finished the previous book. This is a
Karen Cole
Jul 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Moscow Whisper is the third outing for Michael Jenkins’ dogged protagonist, Sean Richardson but it can be read as a standalone (although I'd recommend reading both previous books which are excellent thrillers). It's not unusual to see novels described as twisty but The Moscow Whisper takes that to a whole new level and by the end of the story I wasn't even sure if my head was still facing the same way!
There are so many layers to this book that it's hard to know where to begin. For Sean, it's
Surjit Parekh
Jun 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
‘Sometimes you have to enter the death zone to save the innocent.’
A top-secret clique of former spies meet for dinner to hatch a plan to murder a competitor, not knowing that they are under surveillance from a covert arm of British Intelligence. Hours later, with bodies strewn across a terrace, a piece of secret intelligence reveals an international plot of colossal magnitude.
For disgraced agent Sean Richardson, this is the beginning of a deniable mission to infiltrate and disrupt a group of Rus
Tony Hodson
Jun 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the third 'outing' for the main character Sean Richardson; having read and enjoyed the previous two books - The Failsafe Query and The Kompromat Kill- in my opinion, this is the best one yet!

The plot is very much of the 'now', topical and plausible with some great twists and turns in the plotline. The development of some of the characters featured in the previous books is a good addition, adding depth and breadth to the main characters and their 'backstories'.

The movement between the nu
Bryan Miller
Jun 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the third in the trilogy about disgraced and disenfranchised British Agent Sean Richardson and it doesn't disappoint. He is joined by some of the characters from the previous two books and embarks on another dangerous (deniable) mission on behalf of the British Government.

The author, Michael Jenkins is obviously honing his skills as each book seems to be an improvement on the last. If you haven't read the previous books, (The Failsafe Query and The Kompromat Kill) then you should do you
Laura Hamilton
Shelves: the-pigeonhole
Enjoyed this via The Pigeonhole. Not my usual genre but I was hooked from the beginning. Very fast paced, lots of intrigue. This is the third in the Sean Richardson series but it can be read as a standalone. I have yet to read the first two.
"The court" is a secret group within British intelligence, used for the most secret/dangerous of operations. Sean is one of their operatives, a veteran re-hired by the court's leader Jack. In this book they are investigating secret arms dealing cabal's and Ru
Lel Budge
Jul 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Moscow Whisper is #3 in the series featuring Sean Richardson, it can be read as a stand-alone (I have read the previous two books).

Sean is a former undercover agent for British intelligence when he is recruited again, by Jack, to work for a very secretive department, putting his life in danger….once again.

Sean travels the world to uncover plots within plot, within plots…..to stop a potential terrorist take over that would have global repercussions. With double agents and so much treachery, i
Sharon Rimmelzwaan
Jul 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Moscow Whisper by Micheal Jenkins is an absolute blistering rollercoaster of a story!An action packed book. The third book in the Failsafe Thriller Series,of which I have only read this particular book, but it works well as a standalone.
Sean Richardson is again recruited by the boss of The Court, a secretive british intelligence department. Sean is a disgraced former spook and has been used by them previously to take part in deniable missions in which he has put his life on the line.
The Mosc
Angi Plant
Jul 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Firstly, if you haven’t read the other books in the series, you can read it as a standalone. But why deny yourself the reading pleasure that comes with our heroes Sean, Jack and Laura.
These are not just shoot ’em up books and you can see they are written with background knowledge. This makes them tense, flowing, readable drama. They don’t even hook you slowly, it’s a sucker punch you don’t see coming and you need to know.
Sean Richardson makes you care about him. He’s the hero that resembles the
Jessica Belmont
Jul 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Moscow Whisper is the third in the series and I have now read all three. I am a big fan of Michael Jenkins. His writing is always fast-paced and compelling. The Moscow Whisper is no different. The details, the tension, it kept me glued to the book from beginning to end.

I love that I know the characters well, now. Sean has developed well over these books. I am glad I read them in order. It made the characters feel even more real.

The Moscow Whisper contains many twists and turns. It kept me on
Di Paterson
Jun 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the third in the Sean Richardson series by Michael Jenkins, and, I think, the best. Maybe because the characters are now like old friends, but more I think because they have developed into solid people that I can empathise with. With multiple twists and turns, Sean fights against arms dealers and helps in the search to find a mole in the ultra-secret organisation he works for. Everybody is a suspect, everybody has ulterior motives, and nothing is what it seems to be. Exciting and unpredi ...more
D Campey
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Moscow Whisper

From mini-massacres in Montepulciano, mercenaries in Mali and manhandlings in Marlow, this story has it all!!

The author progressively blitzes you along a hopscotch of a journey that is full of intrigue, suspense, drama, twists and turns. He intertwines with an uncanny knack of cleverly slowing to describe the locations in such effervescent clarity that you actually believe you are there and in on the plot.

The tempo is maintained throughout, pulling you relentlessly towards th
Clare
Jun 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is another non-stop action spy thriller from Michael Jenkins, and this time his hero, Sean Richardson, is on a mission to infiltrate a group of Russian mercenaries who are trying to take over a nation state in Africa.

What surprises me more than anything, is how much I enjoy these books. I don’t like spy books. I failed miserably to read and enjoy the only James Bond book I picked up. But when I saw this pop up on the options of books to read on The Pigeonhole app, I jumped at the opportuni
Star
Jun 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fast-paced, action-packed espionage thriller, this book - with its intricate web of network and connections involving covert arm of the British Intelligence, the CIA as well as the KGB - will require the reader's full attention.
This is the third instalment of the Failsafe Thrillers series and involves covert operatives of 'The Court' - secret group of deniable assets within the British Intelligence much like Mission Impossible (IMF) team.
The plot, involving secret arms dealing cabal and top Russ
Grace
Helen
Jun 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Well, this was definitely an action-packed thriller! With twists and turns across the globe, it reminded me of the Strikeback TV series on Sky and would certainly make the basis of a great screenplay for a similar series! While it was a good read, I never felt truly invested in the characters - they seemed a little one-dimensional to me. I enjoyed the story, but not enough to go back and read the first two books in the series or to keep a keen eye out for the next, hence 3 stars. Thanks to Pigeo ...more
Amelia
Jun 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Explosive Thriller!

Another excellent ‘edge of your seat book’ featuring the irrepressible Sean Richardson. A thrilling plot set in the murky world of the Secret Services, black ops, terrorism, covert societies, the weapons trade. Secrets, passion, intrigue, suspense, shocks and twists all expertly weaved together by Michael’s knowledgable and excellent writing. I pre ordered this book from Amazon and I was also lucky enough to be able to read it via the Pigeonhole App and I couldn’t wait for ea
Claire Sheldon
Jun 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sean is back, he still drinks lots but his girlfriend has left him, cue Jack wanting to send him on a joint mission with the USA and their agent Laura, who I must say does bring some light relief to the story.

As seen by the titles this book is very Russia centred and there is a mole in the court and quite possibly everyone is a suspect. But Sean throws himself into it, and when one of his team is brutally murder he is even more intent on finding the killer.

Sean also manages to fall in love aga
Roslyn Lindsay
Jun 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An exciting, fast paced thriller featuring the maverick Sean Richardson and his motley crew of ex-army buddies. Recruited again by Jack from an government organisation called "The Court", Sean is tasked with taking down a group of arms suppliers with links to Russia.
Following the death of his best friend at the hands of an unknown assassin linked to the group, Sean will stop at nothing to find out who killed his mate.
Going back now to read books 1 and 2 of the series.
Mark Vent
Jun 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thank you Michael & PigeonHoleHQ for the advanced read of this novel.

This is the 3rd book in the Sean Richardson canon, and it delivers action, tension, drama, spycraft, double crossings, and double double crossings.

Sean is a character much in the Bond & Bourne roles, but Sean doesnt work alone, he is backed by Phil, Billy Phish, Jugsy, Swartz, Sam and One-Eyed Damon - they are all part of The Court, the governments blunt instruments.

The Moscow Whisper is a hunt for a mole whilst trying to take
Barbara
Jun 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An excellent spy story with plenty of twists and turns and very humorous too. I haven't read the first two books in the series but I think it worked well as a stand alone. I believe there's a fourth book in the series so I look forward to meeting Sean and friends again. Thanks to the Pigeonhole and the author for the opportunity of reading this book. ...more
Christina Mama-Kyriacou
Jun 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I've just finished reading this and I'm still trying to control my breathing! What an exciting book, full of twists and turns and heart-in-your-mouth moments. Spy books are not usually my thing but I got a chance to read it through the Pigeonhole and I'm very glad I did. Thoroughly enjoyed it. ...more
Charlotte Pattison-Rideout
Jun 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Simple: loved it! Complicated, engaging and a cast of fantastic characters. My first book by MJ but won’t be my last - I’m going back to read the others and looking forward to The Third Avenue already!

• Purple People
  • The Englishman
  • Double Agent (Kate Henderson #2)
  • Found Her
  • Execution (Giordano Bruno, #6)
  • Lightseekers
  • Keep Her Quiet
  • The Resident
  • Shh
  • The City of Tears (Burning Chambers #2)
  • Daughters of Cornwall
  • Haverscroft
  • Knife Edge
  • Precious You
  • Going Dark
  • Draca
  • Ring of Spies (The Richard Prince Thrillers Book 3)
  • Kill A Stranger
I started climbing at 13, survived being lost in Snowdonia at 14, nearly drowned at 15, and then joined the Army at 16. Risk and adventure was built into my DNA and I feel very fortunate to have served the majority of my working career as an intelligence officer within Defence Intelligence, and as an explosive ordnance disposal officer and military surveyor within the Corps of Royal Engineers.

I w