Start by marking “Vampire Heart (Blade & Dust #3)” as Want to Read:
Vampire Heart (Blade & Dust #3)

Vampire Heart

(Blade & Dust #3)

A Breathtaking MM Urban Fantasy

A war is brewing. Can they stop it? Or will they die trying?

Wade is finally aware of who he is.
Even if that comes with its own set of problems. And after a deadly attack, the secrets of the past are threatening to disrupt everything.

Caleb feels powerless.
After the events at the Tower Bridge his whole world is shaken up to its core. And h

Published January 31st 2020 by Rhys Writes Romance

To ask other readers questions about Vampire Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vampire Heart

Start your review of Vampire Heart (Blade & Dust #3)
Claudia
Apr 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
really enjoyable third book in this series ... and I want more
Ivy
A new threat is in town, one who murder witches. The nightcrawlers decide to stop working with the witches leaving them alone and vulnerable.
After the revelation of Wade true natures, meaning a witch, Caleb tries to help him with his powers, but things are more difficult that what they thought, and with danger and death all around them, they need to find a way to stay alive at the end.
That’s it, the last adventure of Caleb and Wade is here.
After everything they’ve been through, they must fight a
Amanda
I’m still thoroughly enjoying this series. This book picks up where the last left off, with Wade struggling with his new powers, and Caleb trying to deal with the new counsel in the face of everything the old counsel did in the previous books. There’s action from almost the very first page, and Caleb and Wade are, of course, right in the center of it. With new enemies and old, they’re constantly fighting for not only their lives, but the lives of all supernatural beings. Through it all, you can ...more
Karolina Cebula
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"Vampire Heart" is the third installment of the series, with which I'm more and more crazy in love with each volume, that is "Blade & Dust" by Rhys Lawless. I admit that reading this series, I'm constantly delighted with the story presented by the author, but this time we get something even better than before. No wonder that reading this part we are completely engrossed in it and we follow the events presented here with bated breath. Believe me, it's impossible to put this book down, because it ...more
Jeydon Marshall
description

Vampire Heart takes off after the dreadful events at Tower Bridge in Demon Heart. The witches enlisted the help of the shifters to take down the dark council members and the demons they raised, leaving the shifters angry at the witch community for the losses they suffered on their end and the severe lack of compensation from the witches for their assistance. This leaves the supernatural community unbalanced and the witches unprotected when the vampires decide to go on a murder spree with witches
Anabela.M.
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is not a standalone, best if read after the previous two books of the Blade & Dust series.

One thing I've got to say, Rhys Lawless has been particularly mean to his protagonists, Wade and Caleb. Between the events of Demon Heart and Vampire Heart, the poor guys weren't offered that many opportunities to "release some tension" (if you get what I mean,lol). Scarcely some one on one time, because they're always in the middle of some kind of end of the world situation they have to take care of.
Devoted❤️Reader
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Unity

Well, well, well, what a surprising beginning Rhys Lawless gives us. Evil threatens the fragile peace and the more we learn, the less we know. Everything is in flux and I wonder what the future holds, but we can always count on Caleb and Wade. I am floored how they will do anything, and I mean anything for each other. The bond they have is flat-out amazing. “He was my everything, and I was the luckiest man alive to have him.” They make me so happy and I’ve loved seeing their relationship de
Catherine
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-s
This is the third book in the Blade and Dust series and the books should be read in order b/c the characters and action are best understood as a continuing saga. All I have to say about this latest installment is Wow, the author really brought the suspense and action up a notch this time. Wade and Caleb are still together, but unfortunately never really have time to enjoy the whole “mated” thing, although they do manage to squeeze in a few sexy times 🔥🥰, b/c the big evil villain has found a new ...more
Pontiki
May 05, 2020 rated it liked it
Wade and Caleb have to save the witches and kill Christian. Again. The new twist is that the vampires and the Nightcrawlers are no longer on their side. They’re kind of on strike, so they’re killing witches instead of defending them.

Politically, Caleb is being asked to be part of the new high council, but he’s not sure. Wade’s hands are full with trying to learn magic, but he can’t cast a spell to save his life, literally.

They split up to find Christian and try to talk with the vampires. Both
Amanda
Feb 10, 2020 rated it liked it
This was a series I really enjoyed. The first book was my favorite and the second one was really good too. But this third book felt unfinished to me. I also wasn't sure how I felt about the development of Wade and Caleb. I loved their relationship, and I like that both MCs were strong and dominant. I'm not so sure about the pet names though. The sex scenes were meh. I skipped over those. I'm not really into calling someone "master" and spitting doesn't do anything for me. I don't mind kink, but ...more
R
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Once again witches are being murdered. Caleb and Wade are doing whatever they can to discover what is happening but their not getting anywhere. Wade can’t make his magic work and Caleb is doing his best to protect the witches while worrying that Christian is on the loose again.

More action, more bad guys, more magic, more vampires, and quite a few surprises made this book the best of the series I thought. Well written with a lot of great characters and world building. Very happy with the conclusi
Celine
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great story

This third installment of the series was really really good.

It started slowly (ish) and very quickly took off at a fast pace that won't let you put the book down.

The story itself was very interesting and captivating, and, as it follows the events of the previous books, it closes a few open threads.

The love and relationship between Caleb and Wade deepened despite everything going on around them. I loved all the new characters coming to the front in this book.

It was a great book and the
Lexi
May 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wade and Caleb just can't catch a break. There is more stuff for them to deal with. The witches are left vulnerable and of course now someone or something is preying on them. Caleb is trying to help Wade with what they have learned about Wade and help him deal with it. Wade and Caleb are going to have to face their worst fears if they want to survive and possibly have their happy ending. This book picks up right where the previous one left off and has action from the beginning. I love these char ...more
Xochitl
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This interesting series is becoming better as the story and Caleb and Wade’s relationship evolved. Action-packed, and intensely emotional, this book got me pretty frustrated and at edge throughout all the pages until the very end with all the bad and unilateral decisions and the danger our MCs suffered on it. I am happy that all finished well but this was the most difficult read in the series. Totally loved it!! I recommend to read it as part of the series for fully enjoyment.
I received the book
Jennifer Pray-Smith
May 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wade and Caleb Sizzle

Read the whole series and highly recommend. The world and characters created are really exceptional. Love the relationship of the main characters and their romance is hot. Only reason not 5 stars is due to couple of the plot lines I felt were lacking like the same bad guy(bodywise) for all there books was too much. Caleb past just had too many major experiences that kept being referred to and if you can choose to get rid of an addiction then choose to get back just the memor
Belinda Zamora
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ahh, poor Wade and Caleb, they just can't seem to ever catch a break.
Their hard won peace and respite is annoyingly disturbed.
New threats abound along with the same ones they've been battling all along.
Action packed mystery and suspense that kept me on the edge of my seat and yearning for more because while this ends in a satisfactory HFN, I'm looking forward to them getting their very richly deserved HEA.
Sabella
Apr 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wade and Caleb have a bond that shouldn't be between two witches but it works for them. Though there are more questions than answers on how the bond works between them. As vampires are attacking witches, Wade and Caleb gather their friends, old and new, to fight against a familiar enemy.

As this world continues to expand, the stories are so incredible and full of life. I enjoy each facet of this world that is exposed in each book. I can't wait to see more.
Levi
May 20, 2020 rated it it was ok
DNF at 25% ... oh man i'm so so disappointed !

The first 2 book of the series was awesome! But this ...?! All the MC's turned to insecure little b@tch@s. To much ... the whining, the "i knew in the last book but now i have no idea about what's going on" etc.
Extremely repetitive, to much and long explications of the obvious, it's clear that this book was written for money making only ... unfortunately i can't recommend this one ... damn i'm disappointed!
PortlandAvidReader
Jun 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Bringing Caleb's and Wade's crisis to resolution

Christian is the evil gift that just keeps on giving. He is again creating hate and turmoil in Wade's and Caleb's world. They and the other Nightcrawlers have to fight for their common survival. This book is the Blade & Dust trilogy's climax, but not the end of Caleb's and Wade's Story. There is still a lot of the plot line for Rhys to develop.
Kathryn Manzella
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Vampire Heart by  Rhys Lawless is the third book in the fascinating Blade & Dust series. It's an action filled, angsty and suspenseful Urban Fantasy m/m romance filled with witches, vampires and magic. We continue the story of Wade and Caleb and learn secrets, fear for the future and steam up the pages with they connection. I love every moment. ...more
Angie Juarez
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the 3rd book of this series and it's another great addition. Caleb and Wade continue to fight for their future and steam up my Kindle. The action, suspense and the twists do not stop, keeping you captivated from beginning to end. I am loving every moment of the magical world created by Rhys.
Stephanie
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This series gets better and better. I am loving this continuation of Wade and Caleb's story. I am on the edge of my seat with this action packed suspenseful story. From the first page to the last I just couldn't stop reading this absolutely amazing story. I can't wait to see more of their adventures.
Daniel
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Swoon

More please Mr Lawless. Another excellent addition to the series and a great sort of ending for the time being I hope. Fab new characters , some lovely scenes with some old ones and a new and exciting adventure set in a realistic, contemporary London.(even down to the overcharging cabs) . Excellent work 5 *
Patricia Nelson
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was one wild, incredible, grab-you-by-the-feels, amazing, fantastic, intense, exciting, fast paced, action packed, powerful, poignant, gritty, suspenseful, smoking hot, and totally awesome tale. Filled with mystery, magic, mayhem, danger, and more twists and turns than a roller coaster, it had me hooked from the very first page. I can't wait to see what happens next.
Lyndsay TC
Mar 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another Adventure!

This third installment of the adventures of Caleb and Wade brought them back to the enemy from the beginning. Only this time, they had even more obstacles to go through in order to come out with another happily for now. I'm super excited to see what other stories and adventures come out of this world!
Arthur  C
Jun 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great Series

This was wa fun series and brought the three book story arc to a satisfying conclusion. Better yet, there is plenty of room for further stories set in this universe created by the author. The series is full of rich characters and there are numerous possibities. Definitely worth reading.
Natasha Lynn Harris
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Poor Guy's Need a Vacation

Wade and Caleb can't seem to catch a break, the author packs in suspense and thrills that keeps you on the edge. But we also get the steamy heat as these guys burn up the pages.
megan
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Rhys did it again

Each book just keeps getting better. The detail and storytelling is off the charts good. Can't wait for more of the books about the vampire and nightcrawler and Angel guard worlds.

Denise GremoryKohta
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!!

This was the perfect way to close the conflict. We still have some that need their mate. And I want Selim (sp) happy. Please keep this world going. There are so many exciting things that can happen. I want to know more about the Order too.
Jacquie Stewart
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Excellent end to the series however I would have liked more about Wade's powers and how they work as they seem so different to those of anyone else around him. The epilogue could have been longer to explain what happened with the nightcrawlers

• A Vigil in the Mourning (Soulbound, #4)
  • The Sea (The Knight and the Necromancer #3)
  • The Capital (The Knight and the Necromancer #1)
  • The Border (The Knight and the Necromancer #2)
  • Familiar Beginnings (Demon Magic, #2)
  • How to Vex a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #1)
  • How to Elude a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #2)
  • Broken Warrior (The Weavers Circle, #1)
  • Happy Endings (Demon Magic #1)
  • Principles of Spookology (The Spectral Files, #2)
  • First Moon (Four Moons #1)
  • His Fairy Share (Starfig Investigations, #3)
  • The Dragon Hunter's Son
  • Just My Luck
  • The Alpha's Warlock (Mismatched Mates #1)
  • By Fairy Means or Foul (Starfig Investigations, #1)
  • Forbidden Magic (Magic and Claws, #1)
  • Revelations (Fire & Brimstone Scroll #1)
Rhys writes gay romance. He has been writing since the tender age of 11 and hasn't really stopped since.

He publishes urban fantasy and paranormal romance under the pen name Rhys Lawless and contemporary sweet and steamy romances under Rhys Everly.

Rhys currently lives in London, UK with his husband and their 12-year-old puppy.

You can find out more about him and his works-in-progress by joining his

Blade & Dust (4 books)
  • Killer Heart (Blade & Dust, #1)
  • Demon Heart (Blade & Dust #2)
  • Daddy Heart (Blade & Dust, #3.5)

News & Interviews