Start by marking “Our Sexuality” as Want to Read:
Our Sexuality

Our Sexuality

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  254 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
This is the most respected and authoritative college textbook available on human sexuality! Cutting edge and written in a direct, non-judgmental manner, this new edition of Crooks and Baur's OUR SEXUALITY has been thoroughly and carefully updated to reflect the most current research findings. This new edition is the first college text to bring cutting-edge and in-depth emp ...more
Published March 26th 2007 by Wadsworth Publishing Company (first published January 1st 1980)

Tyler
Jul 20, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
11th ed:
- frotteurism is described as a safe and nonthreatening coercive paraphilia for some reason
- foreskin is completely ignored
- inaccurate and outdated information on STI and HIV risks for men with intact penises
- many of the social stances conform to amerocentric ideologies or are apparently unwittingly heterosexist

im sure theres loads more things i missed with this but if you remember that it's got some problems with data presentation it's fine
Mandy
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a textbook for my Human Sexuality course and found it extremely informative. I was surprised at how much I learned as a 40 year old woman. It also came in handy when having discussions with my adolescents.
Jon Williamson
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read for a class at OSU. Learning at it's best....
Eugeniu Kanskii
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
An interesting integration of psychological, social, and biological components of human sexuality, definitely worth reading.
Inés
Aug 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
El libro comienza con una buena reflexión sobre las diferencias entre los conceptos, percepciones y costumbres de la sexualidad en diversos contextos culturales, más adelante hace una excelente explicación desde el aspecto biológico de la sexualidad.
Sin embargo, aunque intenta dar explicaciones desde el campo sociológico y psicológico, no fundamenta bien estos dos ejes que estructuran la dimensión "sexualidad".
Es un libro muy bueno para orientar la clase pero requiere de apoyo de otros textos.
Althea May
Jul 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Amazing textbook for the undergraduate psychology or sociology student interested in sexuality. Has a strong balance between the biological aspects and psychosocial aspects of sex. I have used this textbook in two courses so far and I love it.
Yuu Sasih
Jul 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
The best textbook I've ever read so far. LOL. I said that with much of biases since I always love every books that have gay in it. LOL.

I really want to take the class but sadly I can't before I reach 3rd year of college. Guess I would just satisfied with rereading this though.
Kymberly
Though I didn't feel that I learned too much more than I already knew, it was very informative on anatomy. I would like to see a different text and see how they presented human sexuality. I don't really have any other text to judge it by.
Melissa
Sep 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dance, textbooks
Quite informative.
I read this for my Human Sexualities class. If your school offers it, I recommend taking it.
Amy
Sep 02, 2013 rated it liked it
Required reading for school. Again, very interesting stares from strangers whilst reading this.
Teddy
May 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Every college student should be required to take a course using this book. 100% recommendation
J.T.
Jun 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As far as textbooks go, this one is pretty good. Interesting and not overly dry.
Cecily Erker
This is the main textbook for my Psych course this semester.
Brittany
Apr 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this for a human sexuality class I took online through SLCC. Awesome book, I learned a lot. Combined with the amazing professor Cathey Carey, you can never go wrong!
Melissa
Required for school
Chris
Feb 24, 2011 rated it liked it
An interesting read. It is a textbook and a three star rating is about the best I can do for a book like this. It does have some great information and was one the easiest to read that I have had.
Andy
Nov 06, 2010 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
This is my Human Sexuality class textbook. By far one of the most interesting textbooks I've ever come across. ;)
Matt Rank
Sep 23, 2012
Alexandra
Feb 25, 2017
  • Selected Writings
  • Skull Wars: Kennewick Man, Archaeology, and the Battle for Native American Identity
  • The Great Human Diasporas: The History Of Diversity And Evolution
  • Bisexuality and the Eroticism of Everyday Life
  • Ishi's Brain: In Search of the Last "Wild" Indian
  • Family Wicca: Pratical Paganism for Parents and Children
  • Bonobo: The Forgotten Ape
  • Twice Dead: Organ Transplants and the Reinvention of Death
  • Korolev: How One Man Masterminded the Soviet Drive to Beat America to the Moon
  • Introduction to Forensic Anthropology
  • Genes, Girls, and Gamow: After the Double Helix
  • Anthropological Theory: An Introductory History
  • Genetics: From Genes to Genomes
  • Between XX and XY: Intersexuality and the Myth of Two Sexes
  • Human Osteology
  • Art History, Volume I (w/CD-ROM)
  • Sexy Origins and Intimate Things: The Rites and Rituals of Straights, Gays, Bis, Drags, Trans, Virgins, and Others
  • Sex and Temperament in Three Primitive Societies

• Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Fall Down 7 Times Get Up 8: A Young Man's Voice from the Silence of Autism
    $13.99 $1.99
  • I Am Not Myself These Days (P.S.)
    $13.24 $1.99
  • Seabiscuit: An American Legend
  • Creating Magic: 10 Common Sense Leadership Strategies from a Life at Disney
  • The Power Of Habit: Why We Do What We Do In Life And Business
    $12.99 $2.99
  • The Loudest Voice in the Room: How Roger Ailes and Fox News Remade American Politics
  • The Storm of War: A New History of the Second World War
  • The Art of Power
  • Through My Eyes
  • A Brief History of Everything
    $14.99 $2.99
  • The World's Religions, Revised and Updated (Plus)
  • Leonardo's Notebooks