Jump to ratings and reviews

Cogs, Crowns, and Carriages: A Steampunk Anthology

Twelve international authors have come together to bring you a fresh collection of Steampunk and Gaslamp Fantasy inspired tales. Our stories range from light and comedic to dark and full of drama, so fans of the genre both old and new are bound to find something they love within these pages.

225 pages, Paperback

20 books34 followers

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
0 (0%)
1 star
0 (0%)
Displaying 1 - 5 of 5 reviews
Profile Image for Jacy Sellers.
Author 4 books23 followers
January 15, 2020
If you're looking for a collection of steampunk stories, look no further! If you have no idea what steampunk is, look no further! :) Of course, since I've been a part of this journey, I'm rating this high! You will love these stories!
Profile Image for Lynn Cecil.
Author 13 books2 followers
May 5, 2020
Immerse yourself in the wonderfully imaginative stories collected from around the world in Cogs, Crowns, and Carriages: A Steampunk Anthology, edited by Phoebe Darqueling and Crysta K. Coburn. Stylistically established as Steampunk with the inclusion of such items as unusual gadgets and machines, mechanical body parts, and fabulous steam-powered vehicles, these twelve stories are also grounded in a variety of genres, making the collection both diverse and enjoyable to read.

Here are stories that not only delve into such realms as science fiction, fantasy, mystery and murder, psychological suspense, and adventure, but often do so while questioning what it means to be human and how ethics and morality can be challenged to suit a person’s needs. Offering alternative histories, and sometimes cheekily subtle references to pop culture, these stories are not only entertaining, but often defy stereotypes with characters that challenge attitudes towards marginalized groups.

For readers who are already familiar with the world of Steampunk and for those who are just starting to explore it, these stories are highly recommended. Also recommended is a separate collection compiled by the same editors: Gears, Ghouls, and Gauges: A Steampunk Anthology.
Profile Image for M.A. Monnin.
Author 1 book4 followers
April 6, 2020
This is the first Steampunk book I've read. I've really enjoyed the short stories in it, particularly Michael Chandos's Gho-Power.
Profile Image for Toi Thomas.
Author 16 books70 followers
April 11, 2020
A companion series to Gears, Ghouls, and Gauges, this was an entertaining read. Oddly, this collection didn't catch my fancy the way the first one did but I did enjoy every story I read. I do feel that many of the stories in this collection had a sadder tone than the first, but it was a good sadness... if that makes any sense.

I can totally seem myself rereading this collection when I need a steampunk fix.

Disclaimer: I received a digital ARC with no expectation to review.

Highly recommended to fans of steampunk and anthologies.
Displaying 1 - 5 of 5 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.