Start by marking “Sunsets, Sabbatical and Scandal (A Camper & Criminals Cozy #10)” as Want to Read:
Sunsets, Sabbatical and Scandal (A Camper & Criminals Cozy #10)

Sunsets, Sabbatical and Scandal

(A Camper & Criminals Cozy #10)

Welcome to Normal, Kentucky~ where nothing is normal.

Who served up the murder at Normal Diner?

A beloved resident of Normal, Kentucky is found dead on the floor of the Normal Diner, leaving the entire town on high alert. Faster than the short order cook can say order up... the laundry ladies are in the scene.

News spreads fast about the murder and Detective Hank Sharp is
300 pages
Published March 24th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Sunsets, Sabbatical and Scandal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sunsets, Sabbatical and Scandal

Start your review of Sunsets, Sabbatical and Scandal (A Camper & Criminals Cozy #10)
Rachel
Mar 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
This was my first introduction to the Camperand Criminals cozies. I was happy to not be lost or left wondering. It completely stood alone. I quickly fell in love with the characters. The storyline was engaging and had a wonderful flow to it. I figured out the who-dun-it before the end, but that didnt detract from how much I enjoyed the book.
Kristina
Mar 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sunsets, Sabbatical and Scandal by Tonya Kappes is the tenth novel in A Campers & Criminals Cozy Mystery series. Each book in the series can be read on its own. It is always fun to visit Normal, Kentucky with its quirky residents. Mae West has just arrived for book club with the Laundry Club gals when she hear a woman screaming. They find Abby Fawn pointing at the Normal Diner where Trudy Bull, a beloved waitress, is dead. The motive was not robbery since her purse still has money inside, ...more
Mary Brown
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sunsets, Sabbaticals and Scandal
A Camper & Criminal Cozy, Book # 10
Tonya Kappes
5 Stars

Synopsis:

Welcome to Normal, Kentucky~ where nothing is normal.

Who served up the murder at Normal Diner?

News spreads fast about the murder and Detective Hank Sharp is hungry for answers.

Mae West
Karen Hollins-Stallman
Mar 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: southern-mystery
Camper & Criminals mysteries by Tonya Kappes is one of my favorite cozy mystery series.
Sunsets, Sabbatical and Scandal is the 10th installment in the Camper & Criminals mystery series . I LOVE visiting Normal, Kentucky and Happy Trails campground.

The story was intriguing and I liked how we learnt more about Maes past as she visits her hometown of Perrysburg, Kentucky. It brought to life why she is the way she is and why she left at 18.

I did figure out who the hacker and killer was
Kim
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
While several members of the community are attending a wedding taking place just outside of the town of Normal, KY, Mae West and the Laundry Club Girls are preparing for their book club meeting. When Mae arrives outside the Laundry Club she sees the lights still on at the diner but doesnt really think much about it. Just minutes later a scream breaks the night's silence. The ladies rush out to see what has happened only to find out that one of the towns beloved residents is dead inside the ...more
Meryl Markowitz
Mar 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
I read an advanced copy for an honest review.
Welcome back to Normal Kentucky, where things are not.
Mae West's phone keeps dying, her bank account has been hacked and her good friend, at the diner has been murdered!

The clues cause Mae to head back to the hometown where she originally came from. It was very interesting and sad to learn more about her childhood and how things were for her growing up. There is a lot more understanding to why she left as soon as she turned 18.

The Laundry club gets
Norma
Mar 09, 2020 rated it liked it
I'm not sure exactly how I feel about this book. I liked it but something didn't make me love it. I can't put my finger on what it is.
Jeanie
Wow, what fabulous new offering in this series! I enjoy the fast pace set by Mae, her friends, and adoptive mother Mary Elizabeth! Each is defined well according to their role, especially through their actions and snappy, even snarky, Southern speak. While it is the most fun to read these in order, one can easily pick up at any point in the series as the author seamlessly weaves in just enough background so every reader can enjoy this Southern cozy mystery.

Springtime in Normal is as charming as
Sandy Bartles
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a very interesting story where the town lost a close friend. Mae West decides she needs to help the police find the killer. When clues lead Mae West to her hometown, it also leads to something that will lead her and Hank to investigating another crime in hopefully the near future. The ending was exciting, but I had already guessed who the killer was. I highly recommend this book.

I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book,
Brian Frauenknecht
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is another great adventure in Normal, Kentucky with Mae West. I absolutely loved this book and I was so happy to come back to Normal again. I love spending time with Mae, Hank and the rest. This was the 10th entry in the series and I look forward to reading the next in the series. I am always so excited to be able to continue my journey with Mae and the Laundry Club.

I received an ARC prior to publication, I have read and voluntarily reviewed.
Allyson Abu-hajar
Mar 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: southern-mystery
When Mae heads over to see the gals at the laundry club, Abby Fawn's screams have everyone running to find one of their own dead in the diner. Everyone is puzzled, why their friend was at the diner, when she was supposed to be someone's plus one for a wedding. When Ty shows up thinking his diner was robbed, he tells Hank about an argument between Trudy and a man from a dating app.

Of course, Mae and The Laundry Club Ladies are going to get involved and snoop around to help solve who killed their
Susan
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-review
Sunsets, Sabbatical, and Scandal is another exciting installment in Kappes' Camper and Criminals cozy mystery series. Mae West ends up with her hands full when she finds herself a victim of a cyber hack and then a friend of hers is found dead in the local diner. Determined to find out who murdered her friend, Mae starts her own investigation when Hank seems to be getting nowhere. This investigation really hits close to home when one of her suspects ends up being from her hometown meaning that ...more
Wordspinner
Mar 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Book club meetings, new Jazzercise moves, hacked bank accounts, and a dead body in the diner just another normal day in Normal, Kentucky.

Tonya Kappes delivers another enchanting and fun read with her newest book in the Campers & Criminal series. Sunsets, Sabattical, and Scandal takes us back to the Happy Trails Campground and Normal, Kentucky, where we meetup with old friends Mae West, the Laundry Club Ladies, and Detective Hank.

When Trudy Bull is found murdered in the Normal Diner, Mae
Michelle
Mar 11, 2020 rated it liked it
Murder and hacks, just another normal day in Normal. Mae finds herself in the middle of another mystery when her friend Trudy has been found murdered at the diner. But what was Trudy doing there? She was supposed to be at a wedding. On top of it, Mae finds that her banking account has been hacked and all of her money has been taken.

I found this story intriguing as Mae finds herself back into her hometown in search of answers to Trudy's death - she was the Mayor of Perrysburg's plus one to the
Linda
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
While I am new to this series, in the course of the story, the author included brief summations on the main characters and their interpersonal connections. This allowed me to feel comfortable starting this series at #10. Mae and her Laundry Club gals find themselves in the unthinkable position of investigating the murder of one of their own friends, much to the consternation of Maes boyfriend and homicide detective, Hank. Mae soon finds herself juggling running her trailer park, along with ...more
Miki
This was first published on my blog "Lecture toute une Aventure"
My opinion:
While the culprit was evident for me since the beginning is till got immersed into the story and i was definitively more interested by Mae's past. We learned a bit about her past in precedent book but this time we get a real sight of part of it and it only brings more question which mean i can't wait to read next book..

This is really a great cozy mystery with a good read to keep you entertained until the last page and
Kara Marks
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I cant believe this is the 10th book in this serieslike the other books, this stands on its own just fine. This is one of my favorite series; I love the camper/campground aspect of the series and also the southern setting and language. This cozy mystery has both a murder and a hacking/theft to solve. I just love Mae, the main character, and her cheerful approach to life; she loves to figure things out, as much as her law enforcement boyfriend wishes she would stay out of investigations and stay ...more
Thomas
Mar 11, 2020 added it
Mae West is having one heck of a day.
Her phone is dying (not holding a charge), her bank account gets hacked, and to top it off? One of her close friends is murdered.
There's a murderer in Normal Kentucky, and they made the mistake of picking one of the Laundry Club Ladies friends as a victim.
One of the suspects is from Mae's hometown. So now she gets to go back and face some of the horrors that have plagued since she was a young girl.

This is another fun story in the Camper and Criminals
Jennifer Gray
Mar 10, 2020 rated it liked it
Mae gets herself caught up in another murder...and finds herself uncomfortably close to the past. I really liked hearing more about what happened to her family, I hope to see that little thread continue. I found myself getting a little tired of Hank and his overprotective attitude. Mae seems to find it endearing, while I find it annoying. I also loved seeing some more of the dynamic between Mae and Mary Elizabeth. She seemed so much more real in this story. Overall, not my favorite - I found it ...more
Jean Marcotte
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
Normal, Kentucky Where nothing is Normal.

In this book, we get a glimpse into Maes hometown and learn more about her childhood and why she has a hard time re-living the past. There could be a book in the future dedicated to solving a cold case from her childhood hometown.
I love this series and each new book gets better than the last one. The author wrote the book in an easy to follow flow with unique characters. They come to life and are like family when Im reading this book. This one kept me
Debi Paglia
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Such a great series! I love everything that I read that is written by Tonya Kappes! She writes just like she talks & her books are always an easy read. She describes scenes so well that you automatically can visualize them. Her characters are just regular people, but have just enough different in them to make them interesting. If you like books about small towns, family and friends and clean mysteries, then this series (and everything Ms. Kappes writes) is for you! ...more
Monica
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't put this book down. Another fun adventure in Normal, KY with Mae and the Laundry Club ladies. This time Hank sticks to Mae while she says she's not sleuthing. He is hilarious in this one. Great sense of humor by Tonya Kappes throughout the story. We get to find out about Mae's childhood and the hometown she came from and hopefully there will be more in the next story. Good mysteries involving the murder of Trudy the diner waitress and also who is hacking and stealing money from many ...more
Tammy Hudson
Mar 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
We get to go back to Normal KY where nothing is ever normal. In this installment one of their own is murdered and Mae has to go back to her hometown to find out who the killer is. I really loved this one and getting to spend time with the Laundry Club ladies who are my personality favorite secondary characters. I highly recommend this.

ARC review
Marissa
Mar 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ARC Kindle Copy for Review

Murder is on the normal in Normal, Kentucky. When a local resident ends up on the floor at the diner, it calls for Mae and the Laundry gang to step in and solve the case once again.

Was it just a robbery gone wrong or is there more than what meets the eye? Will the women find the killer before the local enforcements before another body is found?

Once again you will be charmed by these southern ladies of the Happy Trails Campground.
Carol Lee
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book and how the ladies go about getting into things to figure out what happened.
☆☆Hannah☆☆
This was another enjoyable mystery in the series. In this one a woman is found dead in the local diner. Mae and her friends spend the book trying to figure out who is behind it. She even ends up back in her hometown to question a suspect. Things thankfully in end work out and I look forward to reading the next book.
Ross Ramey
Mar 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another delightful cozy mystery by Tonya Kappes. Mae West ( short for Maybelline) and the other characters from Normal, KY have another mystery to solve, or maybe several!

Mae is trying her best to recover from the fallout of her late husband's Ponzi scheme. She also is in a serious relationship with a detective who's trying to minimize her snooping in cases where she is at risk for injury. But it is hard to change a leopard's spots!

A body is found murdered, multiple tie-ins to the victim and
Michelle Webb
Mar 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Well I have to say Im new to this series and this was my first book but WOW!!! Love it!!! The characters are great and what a great mystery. The laundry club ladies crack me up!!! Normal, Kentuckys anything but normal but when murder strikes then that really kicks things into gear for May-bell-Ine to solve it much to the annoyance of Hank!!! Its a definite must read and now Im going back to catch up on all the previous books. I received this book as an ARC but the review opinions are mine. ...more
Cinda Inman
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In book #10 of the Camper & Criminals Cozy Mystery Series, Sunsets, Sabbatical & Scandal, Trudy Bell, one of the loved characters is found shot execution style in the Normal Diner. You will need to take a trip to Normal, Kentucky, to the Happy Trails Campground that Mae West owns to follow this story. As usual Mae and the Laundry Club Ladies (Dottie Swaggert, Betts Hager, Queenie French, Abby Fawn and the honorary members - Mary Elizabeth Moberly and Dawn Gentry) feel the need to assist ...more
Deb
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Tonya Kappes books always make you feel like you have escaped into a fun place where there are friendly unique characters, small southern town charm and interesting mysteries to solve. Sunsets, Sabbatical and Scandal is no exception.

As always Mae West finds herself right in the middle of trouble. When the Bookclub ladies and Mae find their friend Trudy murdered they waste no time calling together the Laundry Ladies to start snooping and brainstorming to solve her murder. I like how there is
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Trouble on Main Street (Sugar Mountain #1)
  • Drugged on Deck (Caribbean Cruise Cozy Mystery Book 1)
  • The Puppy Project (A Tess and Tilly Cozy Mystery #9)
  • Coconut Layer Cake Murder (Hannah Swensen #25)
  • A Bittersweet Surprise (Starlight Cove #3)
  • Death Beside the Seaside (Lady Hardcastle Mysteries, #6)
  • The Winemaker's Secret (Starlight Cove, #2)
  • The Honey-Don't List
  • The Empty Nesters
  • The Lighthouse Keeper (Starlight Cove, #1)
  • The Perfect Dress
  • The Faerie Wand (Dark World: The Faerie Games Book 4)
  • Fluffy (Do-Over, #1)
  • Lift and Separate
  • Lavender, Loss & Love at the Villa des Violettes (Villa des Violettes #3)
  • A Season of Surprises at the Villa des Violettes (Villa des Violettes #2)
  • Halflings (Halflings, #1)
  • The Key Lime Crime: A Key West Food Critic Mystery
Click the FOLLOW button to be notified of Tonya Kappes's new and upcoming book releases. Her A Camper & Criminals Cozy Mystery has been optioned for film.

Tonya Kappes has written more than fifty southern cozy mysteries, all of which have graced numerous bestseller lists, including USA Today . Best known for stories charged with southern charm, emotion and humor and filled with flawed

A Camper & Criminals Cozy (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Beaches, Bungalows, and Burglaries (A Camper & Criminals Cozy #1)
  • Deserts, Driving, & Derelicts (A Camper & Criminals Cozy #2)
  • Forests, Fishing, & Forgery (A Camper & Criminals Cozy Mystery #3)
  • Christmas, Criminals, and Campers (A Camper & Criminals Cozy #4)
  • Motorhomes, Maps, & Murder (A Camper & Criminals Cozy #5)
  • Canyons, Caravans, & Cadavers (A Camper & Criminals Cozy #6)
  • Hitches, Hideouts, & Homicides (A Camper & Criminals Cozy #7)
  • Assailants, Asphalt & Alibis (A Camper & Criminals Cozy #8)
  • Valleys, Vehicles & Victims (A Camper & Criminals Cozy #9)
  • Tents, Trails and Turmoil (A Camper & Criminals Cozy #11)

News & Interviews