Start by marking “The Only Exception (A Road to Wonderland Story, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Only Exception (A Road to Wonderland Story, #5)

The Only Exception (A Road to Wonderland Story, #5)

Our first date was a disaster, but I couldnt let him go.
I'd been pining for her for more than a decade, and thought Id messed it up.

One phone call was all it took for me to tempt him to my doorstep.
I went to her, faster than lightning, desperate to taste her kiss.

I wanted him to be my only exception, despite all the fear I felt inside.
She offered me her trust, and I took
Kindle Edition, 1
Published January 31st 2020 by Victoria L. James & L.J. Stock

To ask other readers questions about The Only Exception, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Only Exception

Start your review of The Only Exception (A Road to Wonderland Story, #5)
Victoria L. James
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
RELEASING 31st JANUARY, 2020.

☆ EXCERPT BELOW ☆

I eyed him all the way, my heart screaming one thing while my head growled another.

I hadnt planned on giving in. Id wanted to stay away, even just for a night, but damn him and the things hed said on his messages. Damn him for having wormed his way into my heart enough for me to give a shit.

Damn me for being so weak.

Charlie M.
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Couldnt wait to get my hands on this beauty. Izzy and Ethan are just a dream and The Only Except was simply perfect.

Full review to follow
Ann (Literary Lust)
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Only Exception continues Izzy and Ethans story from where The Trouble With Izzy and A Fight For Ethan both ended. I recently read both of these exceptional stories so I knew the backgrounds of both characters and just how incredible they both are. I had certain expectations going into this story and I was not left disappointed.

The authors wrote this book seamlessly. The dual POVs of the characters were perfect and I loved getting an insight into the thoughts and feelings of both characters
Lita Thomas
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Only Exception by L.J. Stock & Victoria L. James is a voyage back to Wonderland. My first trip was over 5 years ago. Izzy was much younger than. Now in her 30's she and her bestfriend/ sister from another mother Paris have gone through a lot. Now they are on the other side. Ethan a blast from her past has come back into her life. He has wanted Izzy for years but because of his own demons he never acted on his desires. The time seems to be right for them to shoot his shot. Reading the ...more
Amanda McCalip
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Only Exception continues Izzy and Ethans story from previous books called, The Trouble With Izzy and A Fight For Ethan. Before I dove into this one I went back and read those two since I hadn't previously and I really enjoyed getting the back story of these characters. They truly are breathtaking characters. Victoria L. James and L.J. Stock have never disappointed me and this book was no different.

I love books with dual point of views so that was fun in this book. I always love when I get
Jennifer Pierson
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Izzy & Ethan's story is amazing, and I couldn't get enough. The dynamic duo who wrote this story, meshed perfectly, as it's told in dual POV, but the flow was absolutely perfect. I don't really want to go into details as I'm a firm believer in going into stories blindly is a lot of times the best way to go, and The Only Exception will hit you right in the feels like it did me. Plus, there's tons of heat, which tried to set my kindle on fire, so it will keep you warm on a cold winter's night. ...more
Sue
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
YES back to wonderful wonderland

In complete awe of this book and story of Izzy and Ethan. These two are my top favourite book couple, ever. I can never put into words how phenomenal their story is. The authors have captured the pure essence of a true love story. Pure magical words. They completely pull you into their world. At times its heartbreaking, have your heartstrings pulled in many ways, you will laugh out loud and really believe that true love is real. And omg its also a very very hot
Kat Mary
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
THE ONLY EXCEPTION by L.J. Stock and Victoria L. James is worth the 5 year wait! I was thrilled when they said they were writing more Izzy and Ethan. I got a little emotional about it as I always wanted more time with them! This book gave me all the feels and it felt like hanging out with old friends. These are 2 of my very favorite authors! They consistently write thoughtful, swoony, at times edgy and always amazing stories. Highly recommend!
Stacey Kelly (When Words Collide Blog)
Absolutely worth the wait!!!

Ive been a fan {stalker} of the Wonderland series since way back, and seeing them come to life and reimagined is everything!!

You really need to read The Trouble with Izzy and A Fight for Ethan to truly understand the background to their relationship. Its hard not to have pre conceived ideas and expectations when you are so invested in a series but L.J Stock and Victoria L. James absolutely smashed all of my expectations!

Despite Izzys past she a beautiful soul with
Kari Hansen
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Izzy has endured so much and the strength and resilience she has shown is remarkable. Rather than her struggles and challenges making her bitter and closed off she has remained the sweet and caring person she has always been and her relationship with Paris shows how deep and enduring friendship can be.

Ethan has his own painful past and has made mistakes, but he is determined that his future will be different. Now that Izzy and Ethan are back in each others lives there is no doubting that they
Karyn
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
I am so happy this book was written! The Wonderland series is amazing. A group of extremely talented authors came together to write stories from the same time frame but from different characters perspectives. The Only Exception is about two of these characters and pics up at the perfect spot - just after a very bad first date.

This book had a little of everything - Mystery, suspense, laughter, angst, joy, sadness - everthing!

The authors kept me guessing as to who was causing all the trouble.

Izzy
Emma bramley
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
This story follows the characters Izzy and Ethan, this book carries on there story from the two previous books. This book will have you laughing, crying and most definitely swooning. This story includes some twists and turns.This book is wrote in dual POV of Izzy and Ethan. The characters are perfect togther, there personalities fit together and there chemistry is extremely hot. This book just does not disappoint one bit.

I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book
Kristina
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This story was PERFECTION!!!
I loved it so much!! Izzy and Ethan are just perfect for each other <3 I was laughing, crying and swooning throughout the whole story! Prepare yourself for some twists and turns, and both of them fighting for what they want! On their own they are strong and amazing....together they are on another level!! I cant recommend it enough (the whole series is amazing!!) The other characters are just as amazing and youre gonna love them.

The whole Wonderland Series holds a
Breen
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Victoria and L.J. blew my mind away with The Only Exception. Finally we have the continuation of Izzy and Ethans story, The Trouble With Izzy and A Fight For Ethan. I loved the dual point of view! They are an incredible couple so perfect for each other. Destiny wanted them together and their journey was so delightful to read. A story with so much emotions. ...more
Tara Bryant
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Only Exception
By Victoria L. James and L. J. Stock

She wanted this. She wanted it as much as I did. How was this my new reality?

Some people experience love at first sight, but what happens when that love is many years in the making?

Weak or not, I was going to play at being strong even if it killed me. Id spent too long being the girl who ran away. Now I was the woman who stood firm, faced her problems, and dealt with the consequences.

When Ethan suffers a tragic loss, he sinks so far down, he
Nikki
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm so so glad that I've only recently discovered the Wondeland series so I've not had long to wait for this book for long at all... if I'd read them all beforehand I'd have been begging these authors to write this book every single day Haha
I not only wanted to know what came next for Ethan and Izzy I NEEDED to know.. their story was such a long journey just to get them to that first date i couldnt accept that that's where we would be left with their stories.
The Only Exception did not
Lynn Newman
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fabulous return

I guess Im luckier than some, in that Ive only just recently discovered the fab Wonderland books. So the wait to see exactly what is in store for Izzy and Ethan.
The Only Exception picks up where The Trouble with Izzy & A Fight for Ethan ends, and within pages you find yourself swept along with the bumpy rollercoaster that is their relationship and its a ride that you really dont want to end.
Victoria L James and LJ Stock write in a seamless style that flows. They both know how
Within The Pages Book Blog
Let me start out by saying that even though the author says this can be read as a stand-alone, it is best to read the other books in the series. I was so lost throughout most of this book. I felt like I had no idea who these characters were and that I was just completely missing out on something major. Although I did end up liking Izzy and Ethan as a couple, they kind of annoyed me as single characters. I didnt feel any depth to them and it really bothered me that they fell in love after a week. ...more
Lisa
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
👌

The only way to describe this book is.......utter brilliance, from reading the trouble with Izzy (book 1) to then read book 2 Ethan and then this book to tie it all in was just brilliant!!! I wished it would never end
Helen Farnborough
Izzy and Ethan are amazing!

I loved this continuation of Izzy and Ethan's Wonderland stories. So well written, as always with these two authors, and the plot goes down roads you don't expect at all. Lots of hotness too! A great read.
tania
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
great book

fantastic read i loved Lilly book and also loved ethan book adding them to there own book together was amzing i loved every min of it
ddrovernewfoundlandpower.com
Sarah Armstrong
Jan 30, 2020
Kimberley Newman
Feb 17, 2020

• A Fight For Ethan (A Road To Wonderland Story #3)
  • Dare Me: Dare Duet, Part Two: Billie and Sawyer (Unchained Attraction, #2)
  • You, Me, and the Crazy Ex (Club Stigmata #2)
  • Dare You: Dare Duet, Part One: Billie and Sawyer (Unchained Attraction, #1)
  • Scott Jenkins' Road to Wonderland
  • A Thrill for Paris (A Road to Wonderland Story, #2)
  • Man Crush Monday
  • Cherry Beats
  • Liar (Voyeur, #5)
  • Rebel Soul
  • Whatever It Takes
  • Hate Struck
  • Misadventures in the Cage (Misadventures, #27)
  • Hatemates
  • The Harder You Fall (Rixon Raiders, #3)
  • Just One Year
  • Mine (Ties that Bind, #1)
  • If We Were Young
Victoria's reader group ➤ https://goo.gl/cRh7VM
Facebook ➤ https://goo.gl/38RTYH
Instagram ➤ https://www.instagram.com/victoria_lj...
Website ➤ www.victorialjames.com

WITHOUT FOREVER... Releasing June 18th. Are you ready to say goodbye to Drew and Ayda?

Victoria L. James is a teenage girl stuck inside a thirty-something-year-olds body. A Corona and nacho appreciator with a ridiculous obsession for all

News & Interviews