Start by marking “Pretty Perfect (Boys in Makeup, #1)” as Want to Read:
Pretty Perfect (Boys in Makeup, #1)

Pretty Perfect

(Boys in Makeup #1)

Jesse
After spending the first part of my life trapped in a small town where it wasnt okay to be a makeup-wearing boy who liked boys, I swore Id leave and never be anything but loud, proud, and unapologetically me. Ive kept that promise. Im following my dreams, have an apartment with my bestie, and get to dance my nights away at one of the hottest gay bars in Portland.

The
Published January 16th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Pretty Perfect, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pretty Perfect

Start your review of Pretty Perfect (Boys in Makeup, #1)
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~4.5~

I love femme boys, particularly when juxtaposed with the rough, masculine, and unattainable, which is how Jesse feels about Dane. The two are opposites in just about every way, but their chemistry is off the charts. Is it a classic case of opposites attract or something more?

This books is not a dramafest. It's a fairly low-key, relationship-focused story with some scorching sexy action (public and private!) and a mild enemies-to-lovers trope.

I loved the MCs and their banter. Dane assumes
Shile
Audiobook 4 stars

Story 3.25 stars

I liked this one.

When i saw the cover and the title, i thought this was going to be about makeup artists, the likes of Jeffree Star, Bretman, etc, i am a bit disappointed that was not the case here. Our MC Jesse likes to wear makeup but that's it. I felt a bit letdown. Anyhoo, that's just me.

The kid got on my nerves, you are writing about a 4 year old kid, please make her at least realistic.

It was a good mm romance story, nothing special, it started with a
Snjez
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it

I really enjoyed this story, more than I expected. For the most part, I didn't want to put it down. And that's always a good sign.

Dane and Jesse are very different characters, but I loved them both equally. Dane is the quiet and grumpy one, and Jesse is such a ray of sunshine. He is confident, outgoing, flirty and amazingly lovable. What they do have in common is how sweet and caring they are.

The story mostly focuses on their relationship, which I really enjoyed. Dane and Jesse had
Lyn❤Loves❤Listening #AUDIOBOOKADDICT
Audio...4 Stars
Story.....4.5 stars

Loved it! These guys were so cute together. The banter had me cracking up. 😂😂😂 Of course, Jessie was beyond fabulous. I loved his confidence. It was also refreshing reading about working class people trying to make ends meet.

Can't wait for book 2!
Lorraine Lesar
Mar 01, 2020 rated it liked it
3.75*
This is one of those books that is going to leave you feeling....
1. Fantastic value, lots of pages for your money and a great, sexy enemies(ish) to lovers storyline, bedazzled with a certain flamboyance that Fab.u.lous Jesse could only pull off.
OR......
2. If we had shaved off 100 pages, would we have also lost Jesses shine and Dangerous Dane aka Captain Cranky Pants, crankiness?
Ill leave you to make up your own minds........
.Lili.
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Pretty Perfect by Riley Hart and Christina Lee was well- pretty perfect. It's the story of two co-workers whose characteristics mix as well as oil and water. Dane is grumpy and standoffish, while Jesse is lively and social. Both men have had their share of heartbreak and hardships but have dealt with them differently- and both men were more than met the eye.

It turns out that a chance meeting at a playground and a special little girl was all the buffer they needed to begin to soften their views
Denise H.
***** Fantastic story ! *****
Intriguing journey of beautiful, Jesse, 23, all sass and flash, melding his happiness with staunch Dane, serious and scalded by life, and their path is fabulous.
It's a "s l o w b u r n" of mayhem, arguments, misunderstandings and misconceptions, but we are lead to clarity. It's fun to picture their club performances and the Halloween costumes naughty dancing. * Hottie Dane...

Misunderstandings marred their initial impressions of each other, when in reality, they
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Cute 😊

I didn't fall in love like so many of my friends did (sorry Val!) but it was cute.

I'll leave it at that.

I am very interested in Seth's story though.
Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈
First, I need to mention the beautiful man on the cover. The cover is what initially caught my eye.

This really worked for me today. Considering how many books Ive enjoyed that were written by Riley Hart, youd think Id stop being surprised when I really enjoy their books. This just hit all of my happy buttons.

I cant write a decent review on a good day, so it goes without saying this review sucks🤷♀
haletostilinski
This was a pretty awesome book, I absolutely loved and could NOT put it down.

Jesse is a 23 year old student from a small farming town with conservative, super religious parents, and of course they have no been able to accept who Jesse is. A queer kid who loves to put on make-up. He's been on his own since he was 18, moving to the city to get away from that life where he couldn't be who he is.

Dane has been burned in love before. He fell for his old boyfriend fast and easy and fell for his lies
Tess
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Unexpectedly good. I don't know if I was just in an emotional mood, but I found myself tearing up a few times throughout this!
Tammy
Feb 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: amazing-books
I loved this book, Jesse was so sassy and hilarious and Dane turned out to be a big softy!!
Santy
Okay Im gonna DNF this one real quick @62% because really, nothing is happening aside both MCs denying anything is going on between them emotionally when they BOTH know it.

And the denial is not in the cute way that make you go awww you silly people or in the intense UST way that makes you go Ughhhhh. UST! Give me more .
Danes back & forth is just annoying to me right now. I dont know if its my mood or whatever, but this isnt doing it for me.

Right now Im loving Jesse. Dane needs to get over
Leslie
This was cute and had some sexy moments. I liked it but didnt love it. Something was missing for me that would have pushed it from good to great. Also, I really didnt like the kid. Taking two stars off for her alone. Not really but she was pretty terrible. ...more
Sanaa
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 stars.

I feel like this is the first time in over a year I've read a book in a day. It was such a cute read too.

Full review soon.
Rachel Emily
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a cute, sassy, sexy story between two very different me. Opposites attract and kinda-enemies to lovers trope fans will enjoy this one! I loved how out and proud Jesse was. He and Dane has excellent chemistry together.

Very solid HFN ending and omg I cant wait for Seths story!!
Joelle
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am so excited about this series. I'm a total sucker for twinky guys who love to wear makeup. I mean...can I just say how stunningly gorgeous this cover is? OMG! It's PERFECT. I know you're not supposed to judge a book by its cover but this book is just as fantastic on the inside as it is on the outside.

I loved the sexual tension between Jesse and Dane. The flirting, the teasing and their sexy dance moves combined to make these boys sizzle right off the page. But even better than that, they had
FromTheLab
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was ok
I dont know why but I found this book kind of boring and a little bit MM-by-numbers.

I usually love Riley Harts work but this one underwhelmed me and I found myself wanting the story to hurry up and get to the end.

Not much depth or interesting characters Im afraid!

Also dont get me started on the awful child speak from a 4 year old in this one! Uncle Dane turning into Unca Dame, and Jesse turning into Desse, made me shudder/eye roll every time! This does not make the kid sound cute it just
Amy B.
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars rounding up

This is a tough one to rate, because it perfectly encapsulates giving you what you want, not what you need. I dont really like instalove- when the characters are calling each other baby within 24 hours and pledging undying love within a week, I roll my eyes (even as I enjoy many of those books). I vastly prefer a slowburn, with lots of unresolved sexual tension and yearning and falling for one another BEFORE making a move.

This isnt instalove, but it isnt really a slowburn
Sylvia
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.75 ☆

I just loved reading this story ♡

I can't wait for Seth's story
UltraMeital
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult, m-m, arc
I gotta say, Christina and Riley are pretty perfect together ;) LOVED this book. I could not and would not put this book down. Jesse and Dane were FIRE together or even when they were just looking at each other across the room. It's not that they "didn't mix like oil and water" they were simply explosive!

Jesse and Dane work together at a bar-club. Jesse being a dancer and Dane a bartender. They don't always work in the same part of the club but one disagreement made the owner realize there is
Bibliophile
Feb 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great new series by Riley Hart!
Wanderlust_Wanz
Rachel
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Such a lovely book and great start to a new series. Can't wait for book 2.
Harry
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Pretty
Adorable
Escapes & Escapades

3.5 Stars. Postponed. 57% read.

I think I can summarize the premise down to this: Dane was burned by an ex pretty badly, and Jesse is a charming pretty face who reminds Dane of said ex. Jesse and Dane work together, and there's always sexual tension between them. They like each other and want to fuck each other. The only thing stopping them from doing so are Dane's resevations.

That's it. No spoiler. It's all in the blurb.

So what happens when, halfway through the book, Dane finally gets over his
JD Crittendon
Feb 05, 2020 rated it liked it
I maybe more than like you.❣

Oil and water, salt and pepper, the old opposite attract thingy sums up the sweet romance between Makeup Boy Jesse & Grumpy Pants Dane. This tale has likable MCs, likable family members and even evolving likable parents. There is no surprise, it has a few well-known tropes and light angst. Overall, an average, sweet read.
Please note I received an advance copy, though this review is my honest opinion.
Fabian
Mar 19, 2020 added it
Okay okay okay.... this cover looks A~MA~ZING!
Cover boy gives me some serious Manny MUA vibes!
But damn gurl... straight women really don't know any shame, when it comes to appropriating queer mens stories huh?

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Caulky (Four Bears Construction, #1)
  • Virgin Flyer
  • Daddy (Kinky Boys #1)
  • Above and Beyond (Twist of Fate #4)
  • Unexpected (Inked, #3)
  • Make Snow Mistake (Snowed In - Valentine's Inc. #1)
  • Fake It 'til You Make Out (Love & Luck #1)
  • Renegades (Breaking the Rules #1)
  • Troublemaker (Goode Boys #1)
  • Snow Way Out (Snowed In - Valentine's Inc. #7)
  • Danger Zone (The Elite, #1)
  • I'm Straight, Right?
  • Temptation (Breaking the Rules #2)
  • To Have It All
  • The Secret Thing (Blackburn Brothers Duet #2)
  • How to Vex a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes #1)
  • Snow Regrets (Snowed In - Valentine's Inc. #3)
  • Snowflake Kisses (Snowed In - Valentine’s Inc. #6)
Riley Hart is the girl who wears her heart on her sleeve. She's a hopeless romantic. A lover of sexy stories, passionate men, and writing about all the trouble they can get into together. If she's not writing, you'll probably find her reading.

Riley lives in California with her awesome family, who she is thankful for everyday.