Start by marking “The Missing Mortals” as Want to Read:
The Missing Mortals

The Missing Mortals

It seemed like an impossible task but the instructions left no doubt—find the Missing Mortals or someone will die.

Emma and the gang are back in their next adventure at Dinswood Academy and must search for a group of missing statues to solve an age-old legend.

While digging the foundation for Dinswood Academy’s new gymnasium, a missing sculpture is discovered. Convinced the
Published February 6th 2020 by BHC Press

To ask other readers questions about The Missing Mortals, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Missing Mortals

Start your review of The Missing Mortals
Amber
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary copy of this Ebook ARC from the author, publisher, and netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Doug, Sebastien and friends are back in a brand new adventure. When they return to Dinnswood academy early, Lord Dinnswood asks for their help in retrieving clay statuettes of biblical women from the bible that belongs to his family called "The Missing Mortals". Can the children find the statues and stay out of danger by doing so? Read on and find out for yourself.

This was
Ilona
Feb 16, 2020 rated it liked it
Thank you to NetGalley for providing me with an ARC of The Missing Mortals by Ellen Alexander. I’ve voluntarily read and reviewed this copy. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

The Missing Mortals is the second book in the Dinswood Chronicles. When Emma and her friends return to Dinswood Academy for their second year, they once again find themselves in the middle of a quest to find The Missing Mortals at the request of Lord Dinswood. But it seems that Lord Dinswood is not the only one looking
Leigh Ann
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Missing Mortals is the second novel in Ellen Alexander's series. I did not read the first novel and she refers enough to previous events that it is not necessary.

Four friends at the mysterious Dinswood Academy are tasked with finding seven missing statues of powerful biblical women. The four young kids are then dragged into a world of conspiracy and mystery as they navigate the social pressures of middle school, secret missions, and mysterious demands from an unknown figure.

The book was
Millie
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.
I did not read the first book in this series but I didn't need to as the author explained what happened in the first book, which is one of many things I loved about this book. The setting, plot and characters are all very well written. I found this book funny and extremely interesting. I really did feel like I was there with the characters going through everything they did. I can't wait to see if the gang are going to have
Millie
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received this book from Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.
Amanda Arkans -
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
I really wanted to like this book but I just couldn't connect with it. I couldn't lose myself in the pages and so it just felt long. I didn't read the first book in the series, so maybe that had something to do with it.

Thank you to NetGalley and LibraryThing for my copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.
Annarella
Jan 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
A fun read, witty and entertaining.
I didn't read the first book in this series but I had no issues with the plot or the characters.
It's well written and the fleshed out cast of characters is interesting.
Can't wait to read another story by this author.
Recommended.
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine.
CR
Feb 02, 2020 rated it did not like it
This one just didn't work for me. I wanted to love it but it was kind of in the middle ground for me. The story was ok and the characters were there but for the most part I just didn't connect with the story at all.
Millie Scott Allen
is currently reading it
Jan 31, 2020
Sinead R
Feb 05, 2020

• Nutmeg Street: Egyptian Secrets (A Botanic Hill Detectives Mystery, #1)
  • The Girl Who Stole an Elephant
  • On Midnight Beach
  • Gangsta Granny
  • Things in Jars
  • The Immortal Prudence Blackwood
  • The Mark of Noba (The Sterling Wayfairer, #1)
  • Pretty Little Girls (An Agent Victoria Heslin Thriller, #2)
  • The Immortal City (The Magicians of Venice, #1)
  • What Heals the Heart (Cowbird Creek, #1)
  • Young Divas That Care
  • The Lover's Portrait (Adventures of Zelda Richardson #2)
  • Love Lettering
  • Camp Spirit
  • Shielded (Shielded, #1)
  • The Queen's Assassin (Queen's Secret, #1)
  • Flight of the Raven (The Novels of Ravenwood, #1)
  • Burned to a Crisp (Gingerbread Hag Mystery #1)