Start by marking “The Sword of Truth, Boxed Set III: The Pillars of Creation, Naked Empire, Chainfire (Sword Of Truth, #7-9)” as Want to Read:

(Sword of Truth #7-9)

This Mass Market Boxed Set, is the Third Boxed Set of The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind:

The Box Set includes:
Pillars of Creation, 0-765-34074-7
Naked Empire, 0-765-34430-7
Chainfire, 0-765-34431-9

Book 7: Pillars of Creation

Sequel to the New York Times bestselling Faith of the Fallen

New York Times bestselling author Terry Goodkind has created his most lavish adventu
Published October 3rd 2006 by Tor Fantasy

To ask other readers questions about The Sword of Truth, Boxed Set III, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sword of Truth, Boxed Set III

Patti
Jan 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I have read all 13 of Terry Goodkind's books. They are fantastic and so apropo to todays society in an old time way. These are a must read!!
Darryl
Jan 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Since this is the 3rd boxed set, it's a shame that it could have been partitioned as a 2 book set, and then have the Chainfire trilogy as it's own box set.

Of the 3 books, Pillars of Creation is a somewhat frustrating departure because it is essentially set in the same world, but from a different perspective. I found myself wondering throughout the novel when all of our favorite characters would become prominent.

Book 8: Naked Empire brings the reader back to the primary characters and adds depth
Darcy Stewart
Sep 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Pillars of Creation
This one is not quite as good as the rest. I really think the author should have stayed with Richard. Nice to know what other people think of Richard. You can see how blind Jennsen really is.

Jennsen is a nice girl. The journey she goes through is very intense. She suffers a lot. Her mother dies. Sebastian befriends her who really isn't her friend. He tells her half-truths.

Obo is very frightening. He kills everybody he runs into. He is one of the crazy sons of Darken Rahl. He
D.E. Wyatt
Oct 21, 2013 rated it it was ok
Is it over yet? I don't think I can sit through yet ANOTHER 900-page lecture on the evils of socialism.

The author filibuster continues with books 7 and 8. And Book 7 proves you don't even need Emperor Sue Richard Rahl to do it, as half-sister Jensen Rahl takes over the philosophical ranting, with Richard and Kahlan not even appearing until pretty much the last chapter.

The saving grace of these three was Chainfire, which FINALLY sees the books moving back into a fantasy focus by revisiting a few
Joh05043
May 25, 2014 rated it it was ok
The story line was amazing. I could never tell what was going to happen next. I loved the insights and psychology behind the characters actions/ reactions. However, this book was way to graphic. It is about battle between good and evil, but the evil portrayed in this book was way to dark, graphic, and explicit for me. I read the whole series to get closure and see how it ends, but I will never be able to make myself go through the trauma of reading them again. As soon as I finished the series, I ...more
Chelsea Ward
May 12, 2008 rated it really liked it
Out of all of his books the only one I did not like was Pillars of Creation. And while I still really liked all of his books this is where they seem to start to get really redundant from here on out. Still good, but not great like the first books.
Malena
Dec 31, 2009 rated it liked it
I just couldn't seem to stop myself from finishing the series and wasted several more months reading The Pillars of Creation, Naked Empire and Chainfire. Thank you Terry Goodkind for ruining a perfectly cool story line and giving me the most disappointing ending ever.
English
Jul 16, 2008 rated it liked it
This series started out so well. However, Goodkind's philosophy became too heavy-handed towards the end. Plus, it became like a pulp romance novel with all the bodice ripping and menacing sexual predation. I missed the good story-telling romps and magical imagination of the earlier novels.
Julie Celeste Smith
Aug 26, 2012 rated it it was ok
Loved the first books. Pillars just seemed to drag on and I haven't finished the series. Maybe some cold winter day when I have absolutely nothing else to read I will finish it and move on in the series.
Stacey Pace
Jan 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
i love terry goodkind.
Kara
Aug 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
I love this series. Deep, read between the lines but attention gripping as well.
Melissa
Jun 04, 2007 rated it really liked it
I tried to name my cat Jensen after hearing it in The Pillars of Creation and no one would let me.
Erin
Sep 29, 2008 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic ending! I hope we see Richard and Kahlan again soon :(
Valorie
Jul 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this series so much. Terry Goodkind makes you fall in love with the characters and then much like Stephen Moffat, rips your heart out. Please write more with these characters.
Maggie
Jul 18, 2014 rated it it was ok
Stopped reading Goodkind as he was into more torture than I have a stomach for.
Dennis
Jul 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!
Desiree Nash
Jul 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Jamie Rhodes
Jun 04, 2013 rated it it was ok
I think is about the time that I got fed up with the series and stopped reading it.
Shane
Karl Davis
Dec 17, 2012
Bond Doucette
Jan 02, 2015

• The Malloreon Boxed Set: Guardians of the West / King of the Murgos / Demon Lord of Karanda / Sorceress of Darshiva / The Seeress of Kell (The Malloreon, #1-5)
  • The Wheel of Time: Boxed Set #2 (Wheel of Time, #4-6)
  • Magician: Apprentice, Volume 2
  • Legends 2 (Legends 1, Volume 2of3)
  • The Wizardry Cursed (Wiz, #3)
  • Year's Best Fantasy
  • Bio of a Space Tyrant (Bio of a Space Tyrant, #1-5)
  • The Fifth Book of Lost Swords: Coinspinner's Story (Lost Swords, #5)
  • M.Y.T.H. Inc. in Action / Sweet Myth-tery of Life (Myth Adventures, #9-10)
  • The Hunter's Blades Collector's Edition (Forgotten Realms: Hunter's Blades, #1-3; Legend of Drizzt, #14-16)
  • Guardians Of The Flame: The Heroes (Guardians of the Flame, #4-5)
Terry Goodkind is a contemporary American writer and author of the best-selling epic fantasy series, The Sword of Truth, creator of the television show The Legend of the Seeker, and writer of the self-published epic, The First Confessor: The Legend of Magda Searus (a prequel and origin story of the first Mother Confessor). He has over 20 million copies in print and has been translated into more th ...more

Sword of Truth (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1)
  • Stone of Tears (Sword of Truth, #2)
  • Blood of the Fold (Sword of Truth, #3)
  • Temple of the Winds (Sword of Truth, #4)
  • Soul of the Fire (Sword of Truth, #5)
  • Faith of the Fallen (Sword of Truth, #6)
  • The Pillars of Creation (Sword of Truth, #7)
  • Naked Empire (Sword of Truth, #8)
  • Chainfire (Sword of Truth, #9)
  • Phantom (Sword of Truth, #10)