Start by marking “Southern Comfort (Southern, #2)” as Want to Read:
Southern Comfort (Southern, #2)

Southern Comfort

(Southern #2)

Buried secrets never stay hidden in the South.

Olivia
When you find out that your fiancé is arrested for swindling over ten million dollars from his clients, you do what any sane woman would do. You escape reality and go undercover, trading in your city-girl Louboutins for country-pumpkin cowboy boots.

It wasn’t a forever change—it was temporary. I only had to stay here
Published April 14th 2020 (first published April 11th 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Southern Comfort, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Southern Comfort

Start your review of Southern Comfort (Southern, #2)
Christy
722C6413_AE8E_4FCF_9EE2_FC5D8B089BEB_IMG_7683

Southern Comfort is the second book in Natasha Madison’s Southern Series and after reading the first, I was looking forward to Casey and Olivia’s story.

Olivia is the best friend of Casey’s sister, Kallie. After her ex-fiancé did some really bad things and put her on some bad people’s radar, Olivia temporarily relocated to the small town Kallie is from. Olivia and Casey have chemistry from the moment they first meet, but there is a lot going on in Olivia’s life.

I feel like this book centere
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and Spoilers)
description

I got to handed to the author. She did not only wrote one but two books with stupid shallow characters in this one series.
In this book everyone and their mama cried even the damn fly.. 😂😂

The heroine cried 4 times in just one page, lost count how many times she and everyone were leaking from their eyes. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Not to mention how both were acting like teenagers. Sit the fuck down and talk about your damn fucking feelings. They were assuming shit about each other and it drove me to the damn wall!
Nadene  (Totally Addicted to Reading)
Natasha Madison has done it again. I enjoyed Southern Chance, the first book in the series and was looking forward to Southern Comfort. I didn’t think she would have been able to top book one, but she surprised me by delivering a tale filled with raw passion, romance and suspense. Although this installment features a different couple, its best that the books be read in order as the story lines and the characters are interconnected.

The focus of this installment is on Olivia and Casey, whom reade
The Book Bee
Apr 15, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: annoying-heroine
REVIEW: 2.5 STARS
"You look perfect," I say, and when she looks over at me her whole face lights up. "You know, in all this time, no one has ever said that to me," she says, looking back in the mirror. "I was told I'm beautiful, and outstanding, exquisite, but I was never perfect."

I am going to make this short and sweet - get to the point and walk away. I was hoping that Southern Chance was a one off problem, so I jumped into Southern Comfort hoping that the issues I had with the first book w
Carmen Rae
Well my idiocy is no secret. I picked up this book thinking it was Beau and Savannah's book and I was so excited for their story, I was actually a little disappointed to realise that this one was Olivia and Casey's. Not that I wasn't looking forward to this one, just that I had hyped myself up for the secrets, lies and betrayals I'm expecting from the next one.

Once I sucked it up and read a few pages of this one I was all good. Casey was a bit of a sweetheart with a surprise double life that I w
Sarah/DragonflyReads
Apr 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review
 photo FF1CABE1-C3E2-4EFC-AC53-872CC57075FD_3.jpg

3.5-4 stars

Natasha Madison threw me for a loop with Southern Comfort and I'm not mad about it. This is book two in her Southern Series and reads as a standalone. Casey is Kallie's brother from Southern Chance, and Olivia is her roommate! Best friends brother and all that. GIMME!

If you've read Souther Chance you know that Olivia and Casey had an instant connection. We didn't know quite how close they'd gotten in that story and wow was I ready for it!

"For the first time in my whole life, m
1-Click Addict Support Group
Apr 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Casey Barnes never thought he would find his other half but when Olivia, Kallies BF crashes his house and his heart he knows she belongs to him. But Casey decides to ignore it because he feels he has nothing to offer Olivia- the city girl. Olivia's past caught up with her and though bringing it to Casey's Homefront, she was never alone because her cowboy was there to take care of her.

Yes there was drama and mystery but the intense chemistry between Casey & Olivia was unbelievably HOT and it was
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: April 14, 2020
Actual Rating: 4 stars

Southern Romance | Romantic Suspense

Southern Comfort is the second interconnected standalone in the Southern series. If you’ve read the first book (Southern Chance) then you’ll remember the small cliffhanger that leads into Casey and Olivia’s story which is this one. The roller coaster of emotions I felt from that cliffhanger was NOTHING compared to the drama in this one and I ate it up. Natasha can write some funny books, but also has a kn
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
Olivia and Casey were first introduced in Southern Chance and it was obvious that they had a huge amount of attraction towards each other. Olivia was not used to the southern cowboy charm that Casey seemed to ooze and she was also a bit wary of it. I mean, do men like him really exist or is this just an act?

Olivia’s life has been upended by her cheating ex and his dodgy, illegal dealings. Her bestie Kallie has moved them both home to her family farm where she can lay low for a while until hopefu
Alecia (The Staircase Reader)
Apr 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
description
BLESS MY HEART! If Casey's swoony southern charm doesn't sweep you away, the suspense surrounding Olivia is sure to knock you off your feet. Either way, I was an instant goner for this story!

About Southern Comfort:

Southern Comfort is the second book in Natasha Madison's Southern Series. This novel is told in both Casey and Olivia's point of view.

Olivia is on the run from her past, but as we all know, eventually your past has a way of finding you and biting you in the ass. Now Olivia has some ser
Jessica Alcazar
Another story that pulled way more emotion out of me than I expected and I LOVE IT! I would say you can read this book as a standalone, but be warned, there is a lot of interconnection with the characters and the story-line so you might just want to start at the beginning. Do with that information as you will …

Even with all the dramatic angst built into the storyline, it was the chemistry between Casey and Olivia that really glued me to this story. I could not get enough of it! Their journey
Renita McKinney
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ok, again I am wondering what happened to my “sweet” Natasha. Because let me tell you . . .

Southern Comfort is the second book in the Southern Series by Natasha Madison and if you think Book 1, Southern Chance is AMAZING just wait until you get your hands on Book 2, Southern Comfort! My heart is still racing and still wanting more. There just never seems to be enough of her words.

There were so many questions left unresolved in Southern Chance. The who, what, where, why and when of all the drama
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Apr 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
-Jenna, 4 stars

I really enjoyed this second book in the series. There was so much mystery but hints about these two characters that I was so ready for. Casey, wow there was so much more to him than what we thought. He was dominant and sexy but caring and romantic. Olivia was a good mixture of vulnerability at times but strength when needed. She was quite the woman you could look up to.

This story was riveting with mystery but also steam and romance.
TheGuideToRomanceNovels
Apr 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
 photo 20191026_164529_zpsnyqvf1pl.jpg
This series only gets better and better, check out my FULL REVIEW & TEASERS on my BLOG -> CLICK HERE
 photo 20200111_114416_zpsamj4mlz9.png
Halle Reads
Apr 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs-2020
3.5/5 Stars 🌟

20200414-205458

Southern Comfort is book 2 in the Southern Series by Natasha Madison and follows Olivia & Casey who we met in book 1 Southern Chance. Even though this is a series of interconnected standalones I really think to get the full story behind each character and couple you should read these books in order.

At the end of book 1 we got a soft cliffhanger that leads us straight into book 2. I already knew I like Olivia & Casey together and was super excited for their book & I thoroughly en
Aimee Crant-oksa
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Southern Comfort is book 2 in the Southern Series. Although it can be read as a standalone, why would you want to. Natasha Madison's stories grab the reader, and makes you not want to stop until you're on the last page and then beg for more.
Southern Comfort tells the story of Casey, the cowboy, former horse rider turned techy. He is taken by Olivia from the start, but knows she is only here with his sister temporarily.
Olivia is hiding from her past, and smitten with Casey, who is the complete op
AJ
4.5 stars!

The second book in Madison’s Southern series, this is a surprisingly emotional, beautifully romantic love story with great chemistry and lots of swoon. I loved it!

Casey and Olivia’s story started in the first book of the series, Southern Chance. They met when Olivia found herself in trouble due to her shady ex-fiance, and her best friend, Kallie (heroine of the first book) brought her to her small home town to hide out. Casey is Kallie’s older brother, and from the moment he laid eyes
Books, Coffee & Passion
Apr 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was expecting a cowboy romance but I got so much more in Southern Comfort. Casey and Olivia's story is packed with mystery and I wasn't expecting it. That was definitely my favorite part of this book: the mysterious plot.
Olivia is in a lot of trouble and because of that she's temporarily living in Casey's house, her best friend's brother. Casey is trying to protect her from the drama her ex fiancé dragged her into, when suddenly there's not only drama... Olivia is in real danger.
I was
Evan
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Natasha knocked it out of the park with book #2 in her brand new Southern series.

As we know at the end of book #1 well....if you haven't read Kallie and Jacob's book I don't want to spoil it because this is definitely a series you're going to want to read in order.
Casey and Olivia's story starts right where the other ends. I was team Jacob, but after reading Southern comfort I'm totally team Casey.
I loved this book, it had a just the right amount of suspense, angst, and a helluva lot of heat.
Jenn Amy
4.5 stars!

Southern Comfort is everything I love about Natasha Madison’s writing. Sweet, suspenseful, wonderful characters with angst and a beautiful emotional connection. Olivia is running away from her previous life. She has come to town to escape the trouble her ex husband has gotten her into but unfortunately for her it follows her to her new life. Casey is the epitome of a southern charmer. He is fiercely protective over Olivia and will do anything to keep her from harms way. He is hiding s
Stephanie
Apr 27, 2020 rated it liked it
this was way too over the top. like beyond the top over the top. i’ll continue with the series cause the next book really has me intrigued but seriously I don’t get it.. what happened since the love series???

Erin Lewis
Apr 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 Star review of Southern Comfort (Southern Series #2) by Natasha Madison

The second book in this inter connected series and was just as enjoyable as the first book.
I love small town romance, it has become one of my favourite genres to read over the last couple of years. This is Olivia (Kallie’s best friend) and Kallie’s brother Casey’s love story and oh what a fabulous story Southern Comfort is.

Southern Chance ended will unanswered questions and I was anxious to see if these would be resolved
Big Joe  Rossi
Jun 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Olivia never had family sure she had a mom but she cared more about appearances then her daughter. So being on the ranch and seeing Kallie's family, her parents....her hot brother/cowboy Casey, has her thrown for loop.

While she nows when it is save she must leave and while Casey knows this too the two slowly go from friends to more to much much more and when her troubles find her it brings out the true Casey, the one he hides from most people. He will do anything and everything to keep her safe
Jackie  Kiwibooknerd
The only thing I kept thinking while reading this, is that the heroine should definitely see a doctor at some point as there might be something wrong with her tear ducts....she forever had her eyes brimming with tears, or was sobbing or my fave...the lone tear running down her cheek....girlfriend you need to get this checked out asap...😢😭🤷‍♀️ otherwise a ok read!!
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Amazon
Apple
Nook
Kobo

This time it's Kallie's best friend, Olivia, and her brother Casey's journey. Olivia came with Kallie back to Kallie's hometown to hide from the trouble her ex brought to her. That trouble continues into Southern Comfort and boy is it serious trouble. But she has Casey, hot cowboy turned uh let's say skilled with a computer guy, whose protective tendencies flare up when he meets his sister's gorgeous friend.

But he knows to keep his hands (and his he
* A review copy was provided by the author *

~ 5 Stars ~

Natasha Madison has done it again!!! She gave us an exciting and entertaining story!!

Southern Comfort starts right where the epilogue left us in Southern Chance. I LOVED the suspenseful storyline. It kept me wanting to turn the pages to see how Olivia and Casey’s story was going to turn out.

Southern Comfort is the second book in this series. It can be read as a standalone but I wouldn’t recommend it. We meet Olivia and Casey in book 1… South
All Booked Out
Apr 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Southern Comfort is the second book in the Southern series. It picks up where it left off in book one with Casey and Olivia’s story and boy is filled with action and drama.

Protective, alpha cowboy who is also wicked intelligent with computers, yes please. I loved Casey. I loved his determination to be more than just a ‘hick’ and control and own his future and life.

Poor, poor Olivia and what she has dealt with. After her controlled and affectionless upbringing with her horrible mother,
Ga Books LoverX
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Being from the south, of COURSE I wanted to read a series with the word "Southern" in it! I also have been a huge fan of Natasha Madison and the fact she was writing the series just made it even better. This is the second book in the series and I WILL be going back to read the first book, not because I was missing something from not reading it, but because the book was that good and I want MORE!

There was so much that I liked about this book. It took place in the South that is full of secrets and
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
Apr 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I DEVOURED this book in a matter of hours. Southern Comfort completely sucked me in and captured my attention from the very first page to the very last.

Olivia is hiding from her con of an ex fiancé. Casey is her best friends brother and her current roommate. Casey will do anything he can to keep Olivia safe and to keep her on the farm. If you read book one, Southern Chance, there were some unanswered questions such as who is after Olivia and why they are after her. Those questions will be answe
Apr 13, 2020 rated it liked it
***ARC Provided by the Author***

3.5 Stars

I enjoyed Olivia and Casey. You get a little glimpse into their story in the 1st of the Southern Series, so it was great to finally be able to see the details of what happened and why it was happening to Olivia.

I also enjoyed how slow Casey was to figure out what was right in front of him, and how he was falling in love with Olivia.

I think, at least for me, the strength of this book, and the one previous, was how much you find that you are starting to li
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Credence
  • Royal Bully (Mafia Royals, #0.5)
  • Dear Ava
  • Beloved Liar (The Reed Rivers Trilogy, #3)
  • Taming Hollywood's Baddest Boy (Hollywood, #1)
  • Beautiful Liar (The Reed Rivers Trilogy, #2)
  • Fallen Heir (The Royals, #4)
  • Great and Precious Things
  • My Bestie's Ex (The Rooftop Crew, #1)
  • Liar, Liar, Hearts on Fire (Bro Code #3)
  • Beautifully Broken Pieces (Sutter Lake, #1)
  • Bullseye (The Monsters Within Duet, #1)
  • Where the Truth Lives (Where, #2)
  • Bad Liar (The Reed Rivers Trilogy, #1)
  • Old Fashioned (Becker Brothers, #4)
  • Just Friends (Blue Beech, #6)
  • Beef Cake (Fighting for Love #2)
  • Rising West (The Save Me Series, #1)
When USA Today Best Selling Author's nose isn't buried in a book, or her fingers flying across a keyboard writing, she's in the kitchen creating gourmet meals. You can find her, in four inch heels no less, in the car chauffeuring kids, or possibly with her husband scheduling his business trips. It's a good thing her characters do what she says, because even her Labrador doesn't listen to her... ...more

Southern (8 books)
  • Southern Chance (Southern, #1)
  • Southern Storm (Southern, #3)
  • Southern Sunrise (Southern, #4)
  • Southern Heart (Southern, #5)
  • Southern Heat (Southern Series, #6)
  • Southern Secrets (Southern Series, #7)
  • Southern Sunshine (Southern Series, #8)

News & Interviews

“I don’t even know when it happened. I don’t even know how it happened, but just like that, I fell in love with her. Not just any love, the love that everyone tells you about. The all-consuming, you’re never going to love another one like this kind of love.” 0 likes