Start by marking “Once Upon Another World” as Want to Read:
Once Upon Another World

Once Upon Another World

Not all fairy tales are as they appear.

Was it actually Red who hunted the wolf? What if the prince was the one in distress? Did the straw really get spun into gold? How well did those glass slippers truly fit?

Where princesses do their own rescuing, princes aren’t who they first appear to be, and beasts are friends, not foe—and maybe something more…

With stories spanning fro
Published October 6th 2020 by Celtic Hearts Press

To ask other readers questions about Once Upon Another World, please sign up.
Jaclyn Roche Thanks for asking! This book is for adults; so I would lean toward NA and older. =)

Start your review of Once Upon Another World
Bonnye Reed
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was an excellent collection of short tales that took the family and me up to Halloween this year with all-new stories. they were each enjoyed by all of us - we thank you, you authors with scary mind-sets, for sharing your ghost story concepts with us. We have added you all to our list of authors to follow.

99 pre-order
pub date October 6, 2020
SR Mallory News-Celtic Hearts Press
Reviewed on November 7 at Goodreads, AmazonSmile, BookBub, and Kobo. Not available for review at Barnes&Noble or Go
Adena Lee
Aug 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
In the story of "Charming Elle", Jaclyn Roché has done a lovely job of stirring together numerous fairy tales in this story. While she calls this a retelling of Cinderella, I see strong indications of the stories of Deerskin, Beauty and the Beast, In the Halls of the Mountain King, the Goblin Market, the Wild Hunt, Peter and the Wolf, and Little Red Riding Hood throughout. In addition, there is a strong hint that Raynard is to be Prince Charming at a ball where Ella is not to be the lady who is ...more
Brenda Moser
Sep 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
This review is for Someone Else's Shoes by Aldrea Alien

This is an entertaining Cinderella type story with a few twists. The author brings strong characters and weaves an interesting story. She adds in the paranormal along with drama and a surprise along the way. The story has a realistic feel,moves fluidly and is an enjoyable read.

Suzie
Aug 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful story!!
I really enjoyed this tale of a wicked witch, a handsome prince, a huntsman, and a beautiful innocent young woman. I have enjoyed K.L. Bone's stories for years now and this one does not disappoint. She coauthored with Erin McFadden and they did a great job of world building and bringing the characters to life. Definitely a 5 star read in my opinion!!
Jade
Oct 05, 2020 added it
My review only covers Shattered Moonlight at this stage, I will update it as I read the other stories within this collection.

This collaboration by K.L. Bone and Erin McFadden was downright brilliant! I loved their twist on the fairytale. The setting, the characters and all the words. The book hooked my attention and didn't let me go until the end. I absolutely loved it.
Bo0kSLoth
Sep 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
This review is for "Bleeding Red" by DE Chalan, one of the books in the collection:

After reading "Wolf", I was excited to see where DEC was going to take the already twisted children's story. There are a lot of twisted fairytale out right now. I've read quite a few of them. Some I've really liked, others . . . 😫Well not so much. This one was entertaining with how dark it got. The characters not only enbraced their darkness, but reveled in it. Mayhem and murder, s3x and blood, assassins and vigil
Beatriz Patricio
Oct 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Bleeding Red--D.E. Chapman ❤️
I loved the little red riding hood concept, and that it was a dark remaking of the story. Red's transformation was exhilarating. She went from the meek, innocent, submissive girl, to a strong, badass witch with three hot as hell mates.
She's finally free of the pain she carried for so long and can finally be herself, live for herself. I loved that her mates don't treat her likes a fragile little flower, because she's dangerous, powerful and so fucking strong. I reall
Patricia H. Moore
Nov 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good value

On the whole I enjoyed this book.You certainly get a lot of stories for your money and my favourite was K. L. Bone's contribution. A perfect read for anyone who loves paranormal stories, fairy tales and the updated retelling of them.
Leanne Bryson
Oct 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love a boxed set or an anthology. You get a collection of stories of similar theme from authors you love or have never read before. In this set one on particular is from one of my favorites DE Chapman. Bleeding Red is a twisted tale ad one everyone is familiar with, but not quite this twisted version. Blanchette Red is the daughter and granddaughter of two very powerful, manipulative witches. This is her tale and how she meets her wolf, her imp, and her hunter. I loved the surprising, action p ...more
Scarolet Ellis
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Bleeding Red by D.E. Chapman is an amazing story that I have read. This is a story in Once Upon Another World: A Twisted Fairy Tale Box Set that I have loved reading and I am so hooked on it. I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading about reverse harem, fantasy and paranormal romance.

Mom2three
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I need more! Each installment in this twisty tale just sucks me deeper and deeper. As was the case with Wolf, this one is short. It's also hot and dirty and amazing. I need more! ...more
Esmeralda Vara
Sep 29, 2020 rated it liked it
Review is for Trails of Trickery by Amari Ama Dreamer in this book set.

At first this read was a bit hard to follow, but as you advance through the chapter the details help paint the full picture. In this book you have Adrien who was the prince of Althaus. He begins in this book as a cat. He had a spell placed on him by his stepmother and only if he gets a true loves kiss will he be able to return to his human body. This story follows him with his master Byron, a young human who's lacking in con
Michelle
Oct 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
This review is mainly for Bleeding Red by D.E. Chapman but I am working my way through the other stories and will come back to edit my review for all the others once I am done.

Remember Little Red Riding Hood? Well, she's all grown up now and her story was definitely not a happy one. And the big bad wolf? Well, he definitely is still bad, but he's a lot hotter and sexier! D.E. Chapman did a wonderful job with this retelling. I'd definitely loved the twists she weaved into it and damn, our Red is
Dorothy Kirby
Aug 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sherri Geisler Locke
Sep 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a fun take on the Cinderella story. Following Alla's journey was a delight. First your heart will break for her and at times rejoice. I am off to discover what else I can find from this author.

This review is only for the one story we were provided of the box set.
Someone Else's Shoes By: Aldrea Alien
I did preorder the box set as if the rest keep my attention as well as this one did it is worth purchasing!

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review
Victoria
Oct 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Huntress and the Thorn Court by D.C Gambel had me hooked and flipping through the pages to find out what happens next. The main characters are stern and strong and together they are force to reckoned with. Isabel is badass and spunky. I absolutely adore her personality. I love the author’s imagination and how descriptive she is in the story, makes you feel like you’re right there watching it all play out. Can’t wait for more!
Jackie Moore
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I've only gotten to read Bleeding Red by D.E.
Chapman so that is what I'm reviewing.

This is a twisted Omegaverse tale of red riding hood. I really liked this author's take on this fairytale. Omegaverse is one of my favorites to read right now and I also love fairytales so this was a great combination for me! And it is a reverse Harem as well. And I love who ends up being her Alpha's. One of my favorite things is how Red isn't at all what you'd expect from the fairytale! Over all a great read!
Tanisha Jones
Nov 07, 2020 rated it liked it
A great take on a classic fairy tale. I love reimagining's of fairy tales especially and this one does not disappoint. I have not had the opportunity to read all of the stories, but I love that each seems takes on classic stories we all know. I had the luck to review Charming Ella, a flip on the Cinderella story.
What threw me off was the fact that this story was presented as a stand alone book, but when I went to write my review I found it in a collection.

Also, it's listed as a box set but seems
Sunni
Oct 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
This review is for Bleeding Red by D.E. Chapman, and let me just say what a twisted tale that was. I love the author's take on red riding hood. My favorite would have to be the big bad wolf himself but really I love the world too in this story very descriptive and immersive. ...more
Mindy
Oct 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this story!!!! I really hope we get more!
Molly
Oct 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fairy tale retelling fans, dark romance and adventure fans
Recommended to Molly by: Booksprout
This fascinating collection features a variety of authors with intriguing styles.

Of note is Bleeding Red by DE Chapman

This reverse harem romance is also a fairytale retold and a battle ready group

If you enjoy tales that are a little different, this collection just might be your tantalizing next read!

Ken Thompson
Oct 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
D.E. Has created an awesome rendition of a classic that no one could see coming. Red is not the sweet little hooded lass trolloping through the woods With a sweet basket of goodies for her ailing granny. She’s a vindictive malicious little witch with an agenda to eliminate her enemies. Look out Big Bad here comes Red.
Debbie  Victorino
Jan 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
This has a lot of good stories. I enjoyed reading it.
Kathryn
Oct 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Bleeding Red by DE Chapman
This is a fantastic twisted fairytale. It is a shorter, dark retelling that is very entertaining. I love Red's development along with her mates' interactions with her.
Larry III
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lots of great stories

This book will keep you busy reading for hours. Lots of talented authors worked on this. A definite must have for anyone
Jessica
Sep 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Charming Elle is a well written halfling story. Princess Elle has been living in an iron encrusted tower for much of her life due to her being half fae and half human. Her human father is king and married a Fae in hopes to save his kingdom. He however doesn’t like the Fae and treats Elle badly. She has the chance to escape and find her freedom. Does she take it?

Heather Bane
Nov 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This review is for Charming Elle by Jaclyn Roche. I really enjoyed this story. I loved the characters and the storyline and found both well written. I received this story as an arc and leaving a voluntary honest review but I also purchased this anthology book as well and looking forward to the other stories.
Mindy Shelstead
Aug 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow an amazing riveting sport had me hooked from the very beginning
Jennifer Billings
Oct 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love fairytale retellings with a twist this set of stories has so may great ones. I bought specifically for KL Bone's Shattered Moonlight and was not disappointed. Fairies, wolves, witches, a Prince a Huntsman and a for the twist well you'll just have to read it! ...more
Ingrid Vermeulen-Quakernaat
Oct 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Charming Elle by Jaclyn Roche

I have enjoyed this book. A sinister story in which a father thinks he knows the solution to the curse on him; marry his daughter and drink her magic as he did with her mother. Her mother, a Fae, who married for love before the king was cursed. Elle tries to escape from her guarded part of the castle and is helped by her godmother, her late mother's sister. Only then does the adventure really begin for Elle. King Uther's 3rd son of the kingdom of Ilrad accompanied he
What story are you most excited for? 1 7 Aug 22, 2020 11:58AM
Charming Elle Teaser! 1 2 Aug 21, 2020 04:09PM

• Written in Blood: A New Adult Vampire Romance Novella, Part One. (The Unnatural Brethren Book 1)
  • King of Scars (King of Scars, #1)
  • The Bridge Kingdom (The Bridge Kingdom, #1)
  • The Cursed Key (The Cursed Key Trilogy, #1)
  • Gorgon's Price (Redemption of the Gorgons Book 1)
  • Dark Shores (Dark Shores, #1)
  • Ever After
  • Song in the Dark
  • Crystal Caged (Air Awakens: Vortex Chronicles, #5)
  • The Relic (Cradle of Darkness, #2)
  • That's (Not) Mine
  • You Are (Not) Small
  • Written In Blood (Book One Of The Unnatural Brethren)
  • The Beholder (The Beholder, #1)
  • Growling For My Mate (Ash Mountain Pack, #1)
  • Claiming My Mate (Ash Mountain Pack, #2)
  • Empire of Ash (God of Secrets #1)
  • #SilverBracelets: Silver Bracelets (#HermosafortheHolidays Book 2)
I'm a born and raised Floridian who loves to travel. I married my high school sweetheart, we have three awesome kids and one crazy dog. I love all things Ireland and visited twice! Reading is essential to life and writing is an extension of that. If my books can make you laugh or give you that tingly feeling in your belly I've done something right! ...more