Start by marking “Home for the Holidays” as Want to Read:
Home for the Holidays

Home for the Holidays

(Juniper Springs #1)

The Buchanan sisters all share special childhood memories of their Aunt Sassy’s beloved Juniper Inn. There, they frolicked in the snow, baked sugar cookies, and celebrated the town’s annual Christmas extravaganza. They haven’t been back to Colorado in nearly fifteen years, but when their aunt invites them for one last Christmas, they can’t say no . . .

With her ex-husband w
Published September 22nd 2020 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about Home for the Holidays, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Home for the Holidays

Start your review of Home for the Holidays
MarilynW
Oct 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Home for the Holidays, by Sara Richardson, gives us three sisters, unhappy with the way their lives are heading, who have been summoned by an aunt they haven't seen for eighteen years, to spend her "last" Christmas at her Colorado inn. For each woman, this is just the excuse they needed to get away and rethink the direction things are going in their lives. Be prepared to be drenched in the sugary sweetness of Christmas goodies but also the sugary sweetness of "meet cutes" and hunky eligible bach ...more
Susan - on semi hiatus
Sleigh Bells in Rustic Colorado

When three adult sisters receive invitations to visit their aunt Sassy through Christmas, it couldn’t have come at a better time. Maggs, Rose, and Delilah are privately grappling with personal dilemmas and are stuck in limbo.

Precluded by their busy lives, It’s been a while since they’ve seen each other and even longer since speaking to their aunt. Plus, the mystery of the lengthy estrangement between their mother and Aunt Sassy continues on. What happened back th
Carrie
Jun 06, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Home for the Holidays by Sara Richardson is the first book in the contemporary women’s fiction Juniper Springs series. The point of view in the book will change between three sisters who are all contemplating where they are in their lives. The series will also continue with the same main characters in the next book instead of switching leads like a lot of romantic titles.

Home for the Holidays introduces readers to the Buchanan sisters who have all been contacted by their Aunt Sassy with a plea t
ABookwormWithWine
4.5/5

I honestly think the best part of Home for the Holidays by Sara Richardson, besides the writing of course, is the characters. I loved almost all of them, and they were so lifelike and had a wonderful amount of depth. I am a sucker for a book that talks about bonds between family, especially sisters, and this book is stuffed full of that. I loved the Buchanan sisters and was rooting for each and every one of them while reading. There are lots of witty moments intertwined with serious topics,
Julie (JuJu)
Oct 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs-misc
If cozy romances, dripping with southern charm are your thing, you’ll want to grab this one! It’s one of those feel-good stories that can be enjoyed while snuggled up next to the fireplace.

After a very hot summer, I was ready for a book with a cooler setting and since Colorado is my home state, this one sounded perfect. It was also a brief break from my usual genre of thrillers.

After three sisters receive a letter from their estranged Aunt Sassy, they decide to reunite and spend one last Christm
Brooke — brooklynnnnereads
Dec 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was such a heartwarming story of three women (and sisters) going through different experiences in each of their lives but coming together and rediscovering themselves.

From the atmosphere of an Inn located in a small mountainside town to the mood and warmth of family, friendship, and love, everything combined to make this novel the perfect Christmas/holiday/winter read.

When I think of Christmas, this is just the kind of book that I want to read during the season. It's entertaining and enjo
Zoe
Aug 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Heartwarming, engaging, and positively beguiling!

Home for the Holidays is a beautifully written, absorbing story that sweeps you away to the beautiful mountains of Colorado in winter and immerses you into the lives of the Buchanan family as they confront the past, accept the things they cannot change, forgive, accept, repair fractured relationships, take chances, move on, and embrace the future.

The writing is effortless and polished. The characterization is spot on with a whole slew of character
Nursebookie
Sep 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Home for the Holidays by Sara Richardson was such a heartwarming and delightful read that put me in the right mood to look forward to the upcoming holiday season.

Three sisters Magnolia, Dahlia and Rose receives a letter from their aunt Sassy hinting at one final Christmas together at Juniper Inn. Thinking this would be her dying wish, they leave their lives behind to see their aunt. When they get there, Aunt Sassy is as sassy as ever and her plans all along were to leave the inn to the Buchanan
Christopher
Sep 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020, netgalley
Some stories feel effortless. There’s no doubt author Sara Richardson worked incredibly hard to craft every sentence, yet Home for the Holidays feels like sitting down with a group of friend with a mug of hot chocolate for a chat. Her joyful descriptions of the shenanigans at the Juniper Inn blend with her heartfelt modeling of sisters in need of their family and a reset, making it easy to get lost in these pages. It feels effortless.

A lot of this success stems from the sisters themselves, three
Susan
Dec 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS could easily be on the Hallmark Channel this holiday season. This is my first time reading Sara Richardson but it surely won’t be the last! HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS by Sara Richardson is a contemporary, romantic drama that will put you in the holiday spirit and shares with you, the value of family. Three sisters are going through some tough times as the Christmas holiday nears. They each receive a letter from their aunt that calls them to Colorado for one last Christmas. Is sh ...more
Amy
Sep 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
If you’re starting to plan your holiday TBR get ready with the first of many Christmas book recommendations from me because I’ve been reading holiday books for the last few weeks and I’ve found some super cute ones! This one is great for anyone looking for a story about family, sisters specifically, with some romance for several characters all set in the quaintest, most adorable place.

This follows three sisters as they head back to their aunts inn for Christmas and each is at a crossroads in the
Maggie
Aug 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
I am ready for all of the Christmas books, and this one was fab. This is a story of sisters and family, The sisters are back to help out their aunt with her inn. And to find out why they stopped visiting because of some family drama in the past. So there’s love, family, holiday cheer, and a great story. I was smiling the whole time I was reading this book, and I am going to be buying a copy for my grandma who loves these types of books. That is usually why I read these books, to see if she will ...more
Mary Jackson _TheMaryReader
Nov 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
I loved how everything in this book was about family. My whole life I have wanted a sister and to be be close to said sister. I ate this book up and I was so happy to see every thing turn out just like it was suppose to happy endings are the best. Grab this book and get away for a few hours.
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
A Hallmark Holiday movie in paper format. Exactly what I was looking for this month.
Bree Hill
Sep 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelleen Toland
The Buchanan sisters all share special childhood memories of their Aunt Sassy's beloved Juniper Inn. There, they frolicked in the snow, baked sugar cookies, and celebrated the town's annual Christmas extravaganza. They haven't been back to Colorado in nearly fifteen years, but when their aunt invites them for one last Christmas, they can't say no . . .
Each sister has a memory and they all have different lives.
Dahlia is divorced and her ex has the kids for the holidays and is taking them on vacat
Aug 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
I contributed this review to Really Into This

Check out all of our reviews at https://reallyintothis.com
Happy Reading, friends!

Special thanks to Read Forever for providing our copy in exchange for an honest & fair review.

Oh, I sure do love a heartwarming holiday story. Add in a storyline with sisters, returning home, family drama & some secrets & I am all in.

One of my favorite holiday books is The Christmas Sisters by Sarah Moraga It is very challenging for me to look at this cover & read the sy
Tanja ~ KT Book Reviews
Sep 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
FABULOUS READ!!
Review to come!!

*ARC Provided by publisher

InstagramTwitterFacebookPinterest
Barbara Powell
Nov 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cute but predictable story about 3 busy sisters who get an invite from their estranged aunt to spend one last Christmas at the place they spent most of their childhood. They go back and find love, happiness and end up staying. Easy breezy Christmas story :)
Briar's Reviews
Home for the Holidays by Sara Richardson is a sweet, contemporary, romantic drama that will bring you some holiday spirit and share the value of family.

I always love Sara Richardson's books: They feel realistic yet whisk you away. She brings romance, family, friendship and life into a book that makes you feel like you would know the characters. This book was no different! It wasn't purely a romance, but it did dip in that department. It also wasn't purely dramatic either, but it had some drama.
Shalini
Jan 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Having read many intense books, I was in mood for a lighter, cosier read, where the story would fold me into its loving bonds, giving me the vibes of Christmassy cheer along with loads of happiness. One such book was Home For Holidays where three sisters with their familial problems left everything to spend one ‘last’ Christmas with Aunt Sassy.

My first foray into author Sara Richardson, I loved all the women in the book. They had their troubles in life, but they were strong at the core, warm-hea
Kris - My Novelesque Life
RATING: 3.5 STARS
2020; Forever/Grand Central Publishing

Home for the Holidays is not just a Christmas romance, but about family, second chances and secrets. Three sisters are going through some tough times as the holiday looms near. They each receive a letter from their aunt calls them to Colorado for one last Christmas. They have not seen her in fifteen years, after a fallout with their mother. As the three meet in Colorado they realize how much they needed one another. It was a perfect story, b
Kim
Apr 11, 2022 rated it liked it
This has Hallmark movie written all over it. 😄
Judy
Sep 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this story. Three sisters, all different personalities, head back to Juniper Springs for Christmas with their Aunt Sassy. This is a place all the sisters feel that they are home. Being in back in Juniper Springs helps them to find the way their lives should be moving forward. This is a great Christmas story. The characters are awesome, you’ll love some of them and some you may not even like, but hey, you have to have good and bad, right? I received this book from NetGalley, but my opinion ...more
Nikki (Saturday Nite Reader)
Nov 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2020
This book was super cute, it left me with the biggest grin on my face! It’s chocolate chip cookie gooey goodness.

I whipped through it in 2 days. If you need a book to get you in the holiday spirit this is where to start.

I can totally see a Book 2 in the future, how about it Sara?!

thank you Forever Pub for gifting me a copy!
Melissa
Oct 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was the perfect Hallmark movie, warm mug of cocoa, feel-good book for right now. I loved this sweet story, the sisters all named after flowers, and how everything worked out in the end in this snowy wonderland.

I highly recommend this one when you’re looking for a quick read that will leave you happy. I received an advanced copy in exchange for my review.
Lisa Malmquist
Dec 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
A great feel good Christmas story. The Buchanan sisters are invited by their aunt to a small town in Colorado where they used to spend wonderful times with their aunt Sassy.
Each sister is at a turning point in their lives and need some time to see which way to go.
So the break and re-connect with each other and their aunt is a welcome chance to look at what they all want for their futures while having a wonderful Christmas.
A warm holiday book that gives a view of some real life challenges at the
Asheley T.
Dec 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Three adult sisters are invited back to spend Christmas with their Aunt Sassy after not seeing them (or one another) for a really long time. All three sisters are going thru some big life-altering things, and some time together is perfect for each of them. This story has several of the things that draw me to stories: sisters reconnecting, an Inn that needs repair or renovation, an old camper renovation, and women at a crossroads.

Each of the three sisters has her own POV chapters in the story, a
Kate Olson
Dec 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
A very sweet family-centered Christmas story with some romantic relationships on the side, but not a romance. Reminded me a lot of my fave Sarah Morgan.
Sweettea_and_a_Book
I’ve been looking forward to reading this book for months, with this being the perfect time during the holidays. Sad to say I was completely disappointed.

This one was like eating a piece of chicken sprinkled with a dash of salt. Absolutely no flavor, spice, seasonig at all.

Welcome to Juniper Inn, where as soon as you arrive, before you even reach your destination, you will meet the love of your life. 🙄

The It’s All About Me sisters (they get it from their mama) are spending the holidays with Aun
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Season of Joy (Sweetwater Springs, #6)
  • Forever with You (Sapphire Springs #1)
  • The Twelve Dogs of Christmas (Pine Hollow #1)
  • Christmas on Reindeer Road (Highland Falls #2)
  • A Very Merry Match (Sunshine Valley #2)
  • A Heartfelt Christmas Promise
  • The Christmas Village (Somerset Lake, #2)
  • Friends Like Us
  • Christmas at Holiday House
  • A Princess for Christmas
  • No Ordinary Christmas (Mistletoe, Maine, #1)
  • Second Chance on Cypress Lane (Holly Grove Island, #1)
  • The Summer Cottage (Somerset Lake #1; Sweetwater Spring #2.5)
  • Christmas Charms
  • Reunited on Dragonfly Lane (Sweetwater Springs, #7)
  • One Charmed Christmas
  • The Inn on Mirror Lake (Highland Falls #4)
  • Falling in Love on Willow Creek (Highland Falls #3)
See top shelves…
Contemporary romance author Sara Richardson has been a communications manager, copy writer, magazine editor, and whitewater rafting guide. The day after graduating with a master’s degree in journalism, Sara realized she was too empathetic to be a journalist and starting writing her first novel instead. A lifelong fascination with true love quickly led her to the romance genre.

Her Heart of the Roc

Juniper Springs (2 books)
  • The Summer Sisters (Juniper Springs, #2)

News & Interviews

The internet, on balance, has been something of a mixed-blessing for our species. But one thing everyone agrees on: It’s a great place to watch...