Jump to ratings and reviews

Juniper Springs #1

Home for the Holidays

The Buchanan sisters all share special childhood memories of their Aunt Sassy’s beloved Juniper Inn. There, they frolicked in the snow, baked sugar cookies, and celebrated the town’s annual Christmas extravaganza. They haven’t been back to Colorado in nearly fifteen years, but when their aunt invites them for one last Christmas, they can’t say no . . .

With her ex-husband whisking her children away for the holiday, Dahlia decides it’s time to do something for herself. Juniper Springs is just as beautiful as she remembers, but it’s also full of surprises — including the town’s handsome doctor, who makes her feel like herself again for the first time in years.

To the outside world, baker Magnolia has the ideal marriage. Only the pain and sorrow of infertility have strained her relationship with her husband, perhaps beyond repair. But a holiday miracle is about to change her life.

After a whirlwind romance, youngest sister Rose is about to be married, but as the wedding draws near, she’s unsettled by her fiancé’s expectations that she become a society wife. Spending Christmas with her family could be a necessary reality check — or the beginning of a brand-new happily ever after.

Thanks to the strength of their sisterhood, some mistletoe, and the love of their Aunt Sassy, the Buchanan sisters will discover what it is they truly want this Christmas.

320 pages, Paperback

First published September 22, 2020

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Sara Richardson

23 books396 followers
Contemporary romance author Sara Richardson has been a communications manager, copy writer, magazine editor, and whitewater rafting guide. The day after graduating with a master’s degree in journalism, Sara realized she was too empathetic to be a journalist and starting writing her first novel instead. A lifelong fascination with true love quickly led her to the romance genre.

Her Heart of the Rockies series was published by Grand Central Forever in 2015. In 2016, her debut novel, No Better Man, was nominated for a RITA in the best first book category. Sara is passionate about writing stories that inspire people to believe in love and always enjoys connecting with readers. Learn more at www.sararichardson.com.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
26 (2%)
1 star
7 (<1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 368 reviews
Profile Image for MarilynW.
1,031 reviews2,558 followers
December 23, 2020
Home for the Holidays, by Sara Richardson, gives us three sisters, unhappy with the way their lives are heading, who have been summoned by an aunt they haven't seen for eighteen years, to spend her "last" Christmas at her Colorado inn. For each woman, this is just the excuse they needed to get away and rethink the direction things are going in their lives. Be prepared to be drenched in the sugary sweetness of Christmas goodies but also the sugary sweetness of "meet cutes" and hunky eligible bachelors (the grumpy hunky one and the flirty-eyed hunky one), loads of memories of good times from long ago, lots of snow, hot chocolate, and Christmas decorations and decorating.

Published September 22, 2020

Thank you to Forever (Grand Central Publishing) and NetGalley for this ARC.
Profile Image for Susan - on semi hiatus.
410 reviews109 followers
February 24, 2021
Sleigh Bells in Rustic Colorado

When three adult sisters receive invitations to visit their aunt Sassy through Christmas, it couldn’t have come at a better time. Maggs, Rose, and Delilah are privately grappling with personal dilemmas and are stuck in limbo.

Precluded by their busy lives, It’s been a while since they’ve seen each other and even longer since speaking to their aunt. Plus, the mystery of the lengthy estrangement between their mother and Aunt Sassy continues on. What happened back then?

I would describe this as a domestic story topped with romance and smoother edges - the cousin of a Cozy Mystery. Despite the character’s problems, I felt that everything would untangle and be righted in the end.

This was a lovely Christmas read about family and rediscovering your inner spark.

Thank you to Judy from Galley Match, the editor, and the author for my gifted copy!
Profile Image for Carrie.
3,035 reviews1,497 followers
July 2, 2021
Home for the Holidays by Sara Richardson is the first book in the contemporary women’s fiction Juniper Springs series. The point of view in the book will change between three sisters who are all contemplating where they are in their lives. The series will also continue with the same main characters in the next book instead of switching leads like a lot of romantic titles.

Home for the Holidays introduces readers to the Buchanan sisters who have all been contacted by their Aunt Sassy with a plea to visit for the holidays. The sisters have fond memories of spending time in Colorado with their aunt at the Juniper Inn she owns. Those times were cut short for them though when their aunt and mother had a falling out years before so their aunt requesting a visit has them all worried something is wrong.

After arriving at the Juniper Inn Dahlia, Magnolia and Rose find that their Aunt is fine healthwise but considering leaving the Inn with things falling into disrepair and more work than she can handle these days. Aunt Sassy proposes the girls taking over and with all of them at different places in their lives they take the holiday season to reflect on just what would be the best answer for them all.

Home for the Holidays was a great beginning to the Juniper Springs series. I loved getting to know all three of the sisters along with their aunt. The setting was also wonderful with the small town and being Christmas time which also made a great time for family coming together and figuring out their lives. I’m looking forward to seeing what happens with the ladies in the next book of the series and returning to the Inn again.

I received an advance copy from the publisher via NetGalley.

For more reviews please visit https://carriesbookreviews.com/
Profile Image for ABookwormWithWine.
1,347 reviews484 followers
January 20, 2021
4.5/5

I honestly think the best part of Home for the Holidays by Sara Richardson, besides the writing of course, is the characters. I loved almost all of them, and they were so lifelike and had a wonderful amount of depth. I am a sucker for a book that talks about bonds between family, especially sisters, and this book is stuffed full of that. I loved the Buchanan sisters and was rooting for each and every one of them while reading. There are lots of witty moments intertwined with serious topics, and this was the perfect blend of wit, romance, holiday cheer, and seriousness.

The audio of Home for the Holidays is also to die for and has a full cast narrating which is always a plus! Devon Sorvari, Christina Traister, Erin Bennett, and Christine Kiphart all did an amazing job of bringing the book and characters to life, and it was such a treat to listen to them all narrate. While romance isn't the main focus in the book, I loved what was there of it and I would call this a cozy read. I also loved the setting of Colorado and Juniper Inn. I'm actually living in Colorado and originally from Minnesota where Dahlia lives and seeing both states I am familiar with endeared me even more to this book. Home for the Holidays is so special, and I hope you will check it out if you are in the mood for a holiday read that touches on heavier themes!
Profile Image for Julie (JuJu).
554 reviews185 followers
October 27, 2020
If cozy romances, dripping with southern charm are your thing, you’ll want to grab this one! It’s one of those feel-good stories that can be enjoyed while snuggled up next to the fireplace.

After a very hot summer, I was ready for a book with a cooler setting and since Colorado is my home state, this one sounded perfect. It was also a brief break from my usual genre of thrillers.

After three sisters receive a letter from their estranged Aunt Sassy, they decide to reunite and spend one last Christmas together at the Juniper Inn. It was their favorite place to spend the holidays as children.

We have the uber-organized, perfectionist Dahlia. She’s newly divorced, with two kids. But the choice to head to Colorado is easy because this will be her first holiday without her kids.

Rose is a little more hesitant. She’s living in Savannah and engaged to a wonderful man...with a not-so-wonderful mother. She has her own design business, but no time to dedicate to it since her MIL has her and Gregory constantly booked with events.

And the last sister is Magnolia, or Mags as everyone calls her. She lives in Florida, with her wonderful husband and runs her own mobile bakery. Her life is perfect except for one issue. They haven’t been able to get pregnant, even after spending their savings on IVF. After their last failure, she and Eric have been fighting constantly. She’s more than ready to getaway.

And of course, we need a few handsome men in the picture. Ike is a very hot and very single town doctor. And Colt is the good-looking and rugged owner of the local hardware store.

I’m used to suspense and murder, so this was too sappy for my taste. I wasn’t sure this was my type of book when I agreed to read it, so I considered that when rating it. It was well written and I think the author did a great job of accomplishing what she intended.

Thank you to GalleyMatch, Sara Richardson, and St. Martin's Press, for this free digital ARC in exchange for my honest opinion!

My Rating: 4 ⭐️’s
Published: September 22nd 2020 by Forever
Pages: 320
Recommend: Yes, for romance lovers.

@sarar_books @readforeverpub @#NoRulesJustThrills #InExchangeForReview #HomeForTheHolidays
#GalleyMatch #BookReview #ReadForever

After publication, my reviews can be found:
Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/profile/amz...
Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/takemeaway21
BN.com, BookBub

More on the author: https://www.read-forever.com/contribu...
Profile Image for Brooke — brooklynnnnereads.
978 reviews239 followers
December 31, 2020
This was such a heartwarming story of three women (and sisters) going through different experiences in each of their lives but coming together and rediscovering themselves.

From the atmosphere of an Inn located in a small mountainside town to the mood and warmth of family, friendship, and love, everything combined to make this novel the perfect Christmas/holiday/winter read.

When I think of Christmas, this is just the kind of book that I want to read during the season. It's entertaining and enjoyable but also has me reevaluating my own life and getting back on track with the true priorities of life (friends and family).

For those that like a warm-hearted and cute read for winter, look no further and pick this one up.

***Thank you to Forever Publishing for sending me a copy of this novel in exchange for an honest review***
Profile Image for Zoe.
1,747 reviews156 followers
August 13, 2020
Heartwarming, engaging, and positively beguiling!

Home for the Holidays is a beautifully written, absorbing story that sweeps you away to the beautiful mountains of Colorado in winter and immerses you into the lives of the Buchanan family as they confront the past, accept the things they cannot change, forgive, accept, repair fractured relationships, take chances, move on, and embrace the future.

The writing is effortless and polished. The characterization is spot on with a whole slew of characters that are multi-layered, genuine, compassionate, and endearing. And the plot, including all the subplots, skillfully intertwines and unravels into a delightfully touching tale about life, love, loss, marriage, parenthood, family, secrets, friendship, happiness, self-discovery, romance, and the special bonds between sisters.

Home for the Holidays is without a doubt the perfect festive read that not only highlights the magic of the holidays but reminds us to always live life to the fullest and surround ourselves with those we love.

Thank you to Forever & Grand Central Publishing for providing me with a copy in exchange for an honest review.
Profile Image for Nursebookie.
1,945 reviews299 followers
October 2, 2020
Home for the Holidays by Sara Richardson was such a heartwarming and delightful read that put me in the right mood to look forward to the upcoming holiday season.

Three sisters Magnolia, Dahlia and Rose receives a letter from their aunt Sassy hinting at one final Christmas together at Juniper Inn. Thinking this would be her dying wish, they leave their lives behind to see their aunt. When they get there, Aunt Sassy is as sassy as ever and her plans all along were to leave the inn to the Buchanan sisters.

I read this in one sitting as this is the perfect book to cozy up and get lost in, in an afternoon. I found myself relating to the sisters and their lives which made this such a fun read for me. This was an uplifting read as sisterhood and family bonds are strengthened.

The writing was completely engaging and easy to read - simply unputdownable. This Christmas family story with a touch of romance is all I needed to start this wonderful holiday reading.

This was a fantastic read, and I loved it!
Profile Image for Christopher.
215 reviews164 followers
September 21, 2020
Some stories feel effortless. There’s no doubt author Sara Richardson worked incredibly hard to craft every sentence, yet Home for the Holidays feels like sitting down with a group of friend with a mug of hot chocolate for a chat. Her joyful descriptions of the shenanigans at the Juniper Inn blend with her heartfelt modeling of sisters in need of their family and a reset, making it easy to get lost in these pages. It feels effortless.

A lot of this success stems from the sisters themselves, three strong and unique characters who spearhead the action. Richardson has chosen to tell the story from each of their perspectives in alternating chapters, and it’s so much richer for it. Always organized and focused Dahlia, whose ex-husband has taken their children to Paris for the holidays, finds herself at a crossroads in life with no clear direction. Magnolia, who’s always been the most independent of the bunch, is struggling with her marriage after failed IVF treatments. And Rose, while usually ready with a creative solution, feels trapped in an engagement to a man with unreasonable expectations. Each is running through a low point in their life, and these early sections are especially heartbreaking because they’re such likable individuals.

Fortunately, the Juniper Inn serves as the perfect escape for each of them. Usually bustling with a hint of festive wonder in the air, it’s a little more rundown than the sisters remember. And yet, there’s a warmth that’s almost palpable on the page. Some of this stems from Aunt Sassy, a hilarious woman with a penchant for knowing just how to handle her girls. But Richardson really deserves the credit—she’s created a breathtaking backdrop that, as the books reaches its close, becomes hard to want to leave.

While not a heavy focus, there’s some romance in the air. Richardson carefully balances the broader family story with a couple of romantic suitors, one seemingly grumpy and the other seemingly perfect. Richardson has such a light touch with these scenes, and the feelings that blossom across the course of the book feel entirely natural while being a total joy to read. And really, how could anyone not want to fall in love in an enchantingly snowy Colorado setting?

Richardson has written a charming story that feels like a gift to read. Home for the Holidays is so perfectly packaged it should come with a bow on it.

Note: I received a free ARC of this book from the publisher through NetGalley.

Review also published at https://pluckedfromthestacks.wordpres...
Profile Image for Susan.
1,109 reviews183 followers
December 23, 2021
HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS could easily be on the Hallmark Channel this holiday season. This is my first time reading Sara Richardson but it surely won’t be the last! HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS by Sara Richardson is a contemporary, romantic drama that will put you in the holiday spirit and shares with you, the value of family. Three sisters are going through some tough times as the Christmas holiday nears. They each receive a letter from their aunt that calls them to Colorado for one last Christmas. Is she dying? They have not seen their aunt in more than a decade, after a fallout with their mother, but they really don’t know what happened all those years ago. As the three meet in Colorado, they realize how much they need one another and they try to reconnect.

Dahlia is divorced with two kids, but her ex-husband relies on her a lot and expects her to pull up the slack from his own short comings. Magnolia owns a bakery and has a loving husband, but they have been experiencing infertility and it is putting a strain on their marriage. Rose, a designer is engaged to a man named Gregory who comes from a prominent and snobby family in Savannah. If she marries into this family it will surely bring her a lifetime of misery. Sara Richardson really knows how to write about family drama, heartbreak, and forgiveness. I can not wait to read more by this wonderful and heart tugging author after reading HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS. Well done Ms. Richardson, you have a new fan.

HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS is all about family and the past and the secrets that come out are heart tugging. It had me flipping through the pages like a woman on a mission. I had to know what was going to happen to these three sisters and all the secondary characters. HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS is a heart tugging story that will hold you hostage until the very last page. Once you start reading, it will be very hard to put down! I finished reading it with tears in my eyes, a huge lump in my throat, and a big stupid smile on my face. My emotions were all over the place.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from Forever Books . All opinions expressed are my own and were voluntarily given
Profile Image for Amy.
1,794 reviews1,851 followers
September 22, 2020
If you’re starting to plan your holiday TBR get ready with the first of many Christmas book recommendations from me because I’ve been reading holiday books for the last few weeks and I’ve found some super cute ones! This one is great for anyone looking for a story about family, sisters specifically, with some romance for several characters all set in the quaintest, most adorable place.

This follows three sisters as they head back to their aunts inn for Christmas and each is at a crossroads in their life. Dahlia is newly divorced and her kids are spending the holidays with her ex, Magnolia and her husband have been struggling with infertility and Rose is supposed to be planning her wedding but she’s not sure she can fit in with her fiancé’s high society family. So a lot going on for this family and you hear from each one in alternating chapters. I love this tactic because you really get to know each woman individually and you also get to see how their family dynamics work as well. Besides some awesome, engaging and relatable characters you have this adorable little town full of quirky residents and idyllic Christmas decor and festivities. This one is heartwarming, cozy, warm and uplifting, a really wonderful Christmas story AND it’s the beginning of a new series as well!
Profile Image for Mary Jackson _TheMaryReader.
1,036 reviews120 followers
November 5, 2020
I loved how everything in this book was about family. My whole life I have wanted a sister and to be be close to said sister. I ate this book up and I was so happy to see every thing turn out just like it was suppose to happy endings are the best. Grab this book and get away for a few hours.
Profile Image for Bree Hill.
758 reviews574 followers
September 4, 2020
In, Home For the Holidays we follow three sisters; Rose who is engaged to this guy Gregory in Savannah who comes from a very prominent, snooty (sorry, not sorry!) family-whom honestly if she marries into, she'll be miserable; Magnolia who has a loving husband but the couple has been experiencing infertility issues and it's causing a strain on their relationship and Dahlia who is divorced with two kids but her ex still relies on her A LOT.

The sisters are all spread out across the country, and each receive a message from their Aunt Sassy in Colorado to come visit her during Christmas. This message reaches all of them during moments where they realize they could really use a break from it all and time with one another. So they all go, and the story goes from there.

**READER EXPECTATIONS** I went into Home For The Holidays expecting a women's fiction novel and while in the beginning the journeys of each woman felt very prevalent, had you rooting for each of them and had me thinking this was going to be a very strong women's fiction novel, it did wind up being more of a romance. As a romance reader, I'm cool with that though the path we were on in the beginning was so strong, I would have been fine had the romance aspect been nixed. Sounds crazy coming from a romance reader, right? I guess what I'm saying is that in the beginning I felt we were in a certain lane and I was like HELL YEAH, DOWN FOR THE RIDE, then we switched lanes and that was cool but I kept eye'ing the other lane..like..it wasn't so bad over there. (it makes sense in my head, okay?)

Once the girls are in Colorado with Aunt Sassy they try to piece together why their Mother and Aunt Sassy's relationship as sisters came to an end amidst both Dahlia and Rose having romances. I really liked Dahlia's romance with Ike; she was the very typical woman/mom who made her family her priority for so long that she never stopped to realize that she has to have a life too so it was cute to see things between her and Ike bloom. I liked Ike. He's the towns doctor and just a really good guy. With Rose's situation with Colt-it doesn't register at first why he is so standoffish to her in the beginning but despite whatever feelings may be growing, she is still engaged to Gregory, who does show up in Colorado with the intentions of packing her up and bringing her back to Savannah. I have some thoughts about the sister Magnolia which will be in the spoiler section so I'll leave you with this for now-This should definitely be on your 2020 Christmas reading list if you're a lover of Christmas romances. It was Nice to see a romance author dipping her toe a tad into women's fiction. I loved the descriptions of the Colorado snow and I will never tire of our main character (s) inheriting something. I love that trope/story line in stories.

***SPOILERS***
The reason this book isn't a five star read for me: The sister Magnolia and her husband Eric have been having infertility issues and brace yourself.....she finds out she's pregnant in the book. I know christmas time is the time for happiness, and joy and miracles and I want every woman in the world who wants to experience Motherhood to have that experience BUT I think the plot twist of "oh the one time we "made love" rather than "having sex because the doctor gave us this window" is the time we actually got pregnant" can be really hurtful to women who that doesn't happen to. Eric expresses to Mags in the beginning that he doesn't want to keep trying anymore-not because he's an asshole but because he's tired of seeing his wife hurting. He's tired of seeing what the constant failure is doing to his wife. She goes to Colorado and finds out that she's pregnant. I think this book had the opportunity to really bring hope and shed light on the fact that there are other options to becoming parents OR coming to the understanding that for now let's take a break or let's be happy ever after as just us. I think it could have done so many other things, but to give us the OH, I'M PREGNANT, while hopeful, is also just now how it goes for a lot of women who experience this kind of difficulty.
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
Profile Image for Shelleen Toland.
1,275 reviews65 followers
September 28, 2020
The Buchanan sisters all share special childhood memories of their Aunt Sassy's beloved Juniper Inn. There, they frolicked in the snow, baked sugar cookies, and celebrated the town's annual Christmas extravaganza. They haven't been back to Colorado in nearly fifteen years, but when their aunt invites them for one last Christmas, they can't say no . . .
Each sister has a memory and they all have different lives.
Dahlia is divorced and her ex has the kids for the holidays and is taking them on vacation so she decides to go see her aunt.
Magnolia is a baker and seems to have the perfect marriage except she can't get pregnant and fertility treatments are putting a strain on her marriage so she decides they need a break.
Rose is about to be married to a wealthy and prominant family. But the pressure of being the perfect bride, perfect wife to be and what is expected of her starts to take a toll and she needs to get away.
So all 3 sisters go to their Aunt.
Thank you to NetGalley and Forever for the book to review.
Profile Image for Sarah.
702 reviews38 followers
August 20, 2020
I contributed this review to Really Into This

Check out all of our reviews at https://reallyintothis.com
Happy Reading, friends!

Special thanks to Read Forever for providing our copy in exchange for an honest & fair review.

Oh, I sure do love a heartwarming holiday story. Add in a storyline with sisters, returning home, family drama & some secrets & I am all in.

One of my favorite holiday books is The Christmas Sisters by Sarah Moraga It is very challenging for me to look at this cover & read the synopsis & not try to compare Home for the Holidays with my believed Christmas Sisters. I will do my best!

The bottom line is I did enjoy this book. Its quick, heartwarming, centers around family & the struggles each sister is facing. I will say the storylines are mostly predictable. While reading it, I did get cozy holiday vibes & I could easily picture the inn, the town & each character.

Read this if you're a fan of Hallmark Movies, want to get into the holiday spirit &/or need to escape for a bit.
Profile Image for Barbara Powell.
666 reviews48 followers
November 10, 2020
Cute but predictable story about 3 busy sisters who get an invite from their estranged aunt to spend one last Christmas at the place they spent most of their childhood. They go back and find love, happiness and end up staying. Easy breezy Christmas story :)
Profile Image for Briar's Reviews.
1,761 reviews496 followers
January 11, 2021
Home for the Holidays by Sara Richardson is a sweet, contemporary, romantic drama that will bring you some holiday spirit and share the value of family.

I always love Sara Richardson's books: They feel realistic yet whisk you away. She brings romance, family, friendship and life into a book that makes you feel like you would know the characters. This book was no different! It wasn't purely a romance, but it did dip in that department. It also wasn't purely dramatic either, but it had some drama. The whole focus on this book is three sisters learning to adapt to their changing environments: love, loss, family and friendship. It's one great book and I kind of hope it turns into a series so I can see more of these lovely characters.

Dahlia, Magnolia and Rose are relatable and lovable characters in not so amazing situations. They are all unhappy in some way or another. But, don't worry, they'll end up happy by the end of the book - maybe just not in the way you expected. Troubled relationships, difficulty getting pregnant and family secrets will flutter across the page, and by the end you'll feel warm and fuzzy about it all. Who doesn't love an uplifting holiday book?

I may have read it after the holidays, but honestly I needed it now. I needed the happy, go lucky, holiday spirit kind of book that this book provided. With all the insanity of the world going on and on, a book like this makes you feel that maybe there is a hope out there for a happily ever after.

This book is cozy and I highly recommend you pick it up if you love a good, sweet read.

Four out of five stars.

Thank you to NetGalley and Forever, Grand Central Publishing for providing me a free copy of this book in exchange of an honest review.
Profile Image for Shalini.
2,476 reviews199 followers
January 26, 2021
Having read many intense books, I was in mood for a lighter, cosier read, where the story would fold me into its loving bonds, giving me the vibes of Christmassy cheer along with loads of happiness. One such book was Home For Holidays where three sisters with their familial problems left everything to spend one ‘last’ Christmas with Aunt Sassy.

My first foray into author Sara Richardson, I loved all the women in the book. They had their troubles in life, but they were strong at the core, warm-hearted too. The writing was just perfect to uplift me from the stresses of life. I was quickly pulled into their time at the Juniper Inn. The cover too gave me a warm fluttery feeling of being enveloped in the same blanket of love as the sisters. Of course, the story had its share of hunky males which added to the spice. But fear not, it was not a romantic book, per se.

The loving sisterly bonds were a joy to read, and I cheered for each of them. The book had its moments of seriousness along with humor and good fun. I found it to be a perfect blend of happiness and love that I could keep reading all through the day, though I finished it pretty quickly.

Absolutely UNPUTDOWNABLE was how I would describe it. I loved the book, and the book loved me back
Profile Image for Kris - My Novelesque Life.
4,621 reviews189 followers
January 20, 2021
RATING: 3.5 STARS
2020; Forever/Grand Central Publishing

Home for the Holidays is not just a Christmas romance, but about family, second chances and secrets. Three sisters are going through some tough times as the holiday looms near. They each receive a letter from their aunt calls them to Colorado for one last Christmas. They have not seen her in fifteen years, after a fallout with their mother. As the three meet in Colorado they realize how much they needed one another. It was a perfect story, but I found that there was so much to cram into one book. I feel like this book was three separate books abridged to be one. I read that there is another novel in the series, but I am not sure what it will be about. I will be reading it, and hope it expands on the characters in this book. I feel like I didn't connect to the characters as much as I would have if it would have been one sister's story. I would love to hear your thoughts.

***I received a complimentary copy of this trade paperback and ebook from the publisher through NetGalley. Opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own.***
Profile Image for Kim.
679 reviews
April 12, 2022
This has Hallmark movie written all over it. 😄
Profile Image for Sweettea_and_a_Book.
558 reviews86 followers
November 13, 2020
I’ve been looking forward to reading this book for months, with this being the perfect time during the holidays. Sad to say I was completely disappointed.

This one was like eating a piece of chicken sprinkled with a dash of salt. Absolutely no flavor, spice, seasonig at all.

Welcome to Juniper Inn, where as soon as you arrive, before you even reach your destination, you will meet the love of your life. 🙄

The It’s All About Me sisters (they get it from their mama) are spending the holidays with Aunt Sassy, an aunt they haven’t seen in 2 decades.

These were some of the most annoying characters I’ve ever read about in my life. Rose “my fiancé won’t skip his meeting to play hookie with me”. Maggs “I want a divorce because my loving husband no longer wants to spend all our money on infertility treatments “ and Dally “I help plan my ex-hubby’s vacation with our kids and his new girlfriend”.

I got mad deja vu, because it reminded me so much of another book I read a few months ago, The Moonglow Sisters. There was nothing special that set this book apart from the average coming home for the holidays book. It was extremely predictable and just didn’t keep my interest so I basically skipped through.
696 reviews23 followers
September 22, 2020
Loved this story. Three sisters, all different personalities, head back to Juniper Springs for Christmas with their Aunt Sassy. This is a place all the sisters feel that they are home. Being in back in Juniper Springs helps them to find the way their lives should be moving forward. This is a great Christmas story. The characters are awesome, you’ll love some of them and some you may not even like, but hey, you have to have good and bad, right? I received this book from NetGalley, but my opinion is my own.
Profile Image for Nikki (Saturday Nite Reader).
380 reviews101 followers
December 12, 2020
This book was super cute, it left me with the biggest grin on my face! It’s chocolate chip cookie gooey goodness.

I whipped through it in 2 days. If you need a book to get you in the holiday spirit this is where to start.

I can totally see a Book 2 in the future, how about it Sara?!

thank you Forever Pub for gifting me a copy!
Profile Image for Melissa.
492 reviews57 followers
October 7, 2020
This was the perfect Hallmark movie, warm mug of cocoa, feel-good book for right now. I loved this sweet story, the sisters all named after flowers, and how everything worked out in the end in this snowy wonderland.

I highly recommend this one when you’re looking for a quick read that will leave you happy. I received an advanced copy in exchange for my review.
Profile Image for Lisa Malmquist.
575 reviews17 followers
December 7, 2020
A great feel good Christmas story. The Buchanan sisters are invited by their aunt to a small town in Colorado where they used to spend wonderful times with their aunt Sassy.
Each sister is at a turning point in their lives and need some time to see which way to go.
So the break and re-connect with each other and their aunt is a welcome chance to look at what they all want for their futures while having a wonderful Christmas.
A warm holiday book that gives a view of some real life challenges at the same time.
Profile Image for Asheley T..
1,273 reviews119 followers
December 22, 2020
Three adult sisters are invited back to spend Christmas with their Aunt Sassy after not seeing them (or one another) for a really long time. All three sisters are going thru some big life-altering things, and some time together is perfect for each of them. This story has several of the things that draw me to stories: sisters reconnecting, an Inn that needs repair or renovation, an old camper renovation, and women at a crossroads.

Each of the three sisters has her own POV chapters in the story, and it took me several chapters to distinguish between their voices. But I genuinely enjoyed getting to know them, and by the time I got to around halfway or maybe a little after that, I was super invested in how things would turn out for each of the women. And I do love the way everything ends up for all of them at the end, so much. The sisters have such a great relationship and their Aunt Sassy made me wish she was my own family.

I can see that there will be another book in this series and it seems to also be set in Juniper Springs. I wish I knew more about the book though. The title is The Summer Sisters, but I can't tell if it will continue the story of the three sisters in this book or if it features three more sisters in the same small town. I would love it if the characters from this book carry their story into the next book by being main characters again or by featuring heavily as secondary characters.
Profile Image for Jodie (That Happy Reader).
436 reviews30 followers
September 22, 2020
I am a big fan of Christmas/holiday reads. Even in the heat of summer, I enjoy the temporary escape to one of the happiest times of the year. Home for the Holidays is my first Christmas read for 2020. With all the craziness of this year so far, I cannot think of any year I’ve needed my Holiday fix more.

This beautiful story is about the love of three Buchanan sisters. The sisters have been apart for many years, living in different states, and reunite at the request of their Aunt for one more special Christmas at her Colorado Inn. Each of the sisters is experiencing change and challenge in their lives. Dahlia is recently divorced, and her ex-husband has taken their children to Paris for the holidays along with his new, much younger girlfriend. Magnolia has experienced many miscarriages over the recent years and desperately wants a child. Her husband has said that the expense, both monetarily and psychologically, is too great to try again. Rose is the youngest sister and is engaged to marry into one of the most well to do families in her state. She’s unsure if she is making a mistake marrying into this family given that her fiancé’s mother is overbearing and demanding. Will fond memories of childhood Christmases at the Inn, and the joy of reuniting, be just what the sisters need to provide them with clarity about their futures?

I really enjoyed this holiday read. The book flowed effortlessly and the characters were all relatable and well-developed. I could feel the love between the sisters as well as their appreciation of the memories that they had created with one another in their earlier years. I also recognized the level of self-reflection each of the women experienced during their stay. While I enjoyed the moments of romance, I appreciated that this was not the focus of the book. It is my hope that Home for the Holidays will become the first in a series, as I finished the book wanting more.

Thanks to Netgalley and Forever/Grand Central Publishing for the ARC of this book in exchange for the honest review provided here.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 368 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.