Start by marking “The Lost Love Song” as Want to Read:

The Lost Love Song

This is the story of a love song . . . And like any good love song, it has two parts.

In Australia, Arie Johnson waits impatiently for classical pianist Diana Clare to return from a world tour, hopeful that after seven years together she'll finally agree to marry him.

On her travels, Diana composes a song for Arie. It's the perfect way to express her love, knowing they'll
Expected publication: March 3rd 2020 by Penguin Random House

To ask other readers questions about The Lost Love Song, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lost Love Song

Start your review of The Lost Love Song
Marianne
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“For Diana, Arie had learned, music was an all-purpose medication. She used rousing music to stir herself to action, maudlin music to soothe herself in distress, violent music if she needed to vent, and bittersweet music if she felt like crying.”

The Lost Love Song is the second novel by Australian author, Minnie Darke (aka Danielle Wood). Celebrated pianist Diana Clare had composed the song for her lover, Arie Johnson. They had been together for seven amazing years, and it was going to be her
Gloria Arthur
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

The Lost Love Song is a beautifully well written story. The cover is a delightful fire engine red and eye-catching.

This is the enchanting journey of a love song that changes people’s lives and the bittersweet story of love and loss. I personally wish I could hear the sound of the intriguing 'love song’ in the story. Seriously it would make a great movie, then we could all hear it!

Arie Johnson is unaware that when Diana Clare returns home from a world tour she is going to finally
Vivi Widodo
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Indeed another beautiful story from Minnie Darke. I love how she always presents multiple characters in different places and making me hooked to the book. I certainly wants to know where and how the love song will end up, but part of me doesn't want the story to end.

THANKS to Better Reading Preview for an advance copy of this book.
Kirstie (A Novel Escape)
Feb 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Better Reading,Penguin Random House Australia and Minnie Darke for the opportunity to read 'The Lost Love Song' before release, in exchange for an honest review.

My first novel by Minnie Darke was not what I had expected it to be. 'The Lost Love Song' was very different for me because, up until a certain point, I hated it. I was bored with it from the very first page. Everything that happened evoked nothing but a yawn and my internal voice was asking me why I was torturing myself
Maria
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
You gotta love Better Reading giving me a chance to read a book out of my comfort zone and definitely on I would never take off a bookself. I really enjoyed it and would recommend to my book club. I’m not a love story kinda reader but ‘The Lost Love Song’ kept my interest and I needed to finish till the end to find out what happens. I need to Minnie Darke’s read ‘Star-Crossed’ now.
‘The Lost Love Song’ is a well written story that took me on a journey of a love song composed by Diana Clare a
Karyn
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Lost Love Song

A heartbreaking, hauntingly beautiful story about love.
Arie and Diana have been together 7 years and it is, as Arie pleas, time to get married. Diana, a famous classical pianist, is happy as things are. The night before she is about to embark on a world tour Arie again asks for them to set a date and marry.
Diana composes a love song to express her feelings for Arie.
The exquisite love song travels on a journey of its own to unite and heal broken hearts, lost love and new
Karen
Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a lovely book. It covered many of the ups and downs of love, seen through a number of different characters whose lives are subtly linked via a love song.
The book tells the story mainly of Arie, and his love for Diane, a talented pianist. We also meet Evie, who is a little lost in the world, and searching for direction. Their interactions made me want to read more, to see how their stories would resolve.
My only minor criticism of this book is that the ends all tied up just a little too
Amy
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A beautifully written, charming and uplifting book, that really captures the human emotions and romantic nature.
A delightful book that follows a lost song on its journey around the world, to its rightful home. The song enforces love, romance and togetherness in all that hear it and it helps to fulfil its destiny and purpose. Arie the main character has faced a lot in his life, the loss of the love of his life a musician Diana. Her song travels around the word into the different lives of people
Belle
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Lost Love Song is a story I can imagine being made into a movie. It so effortlessly merges from scene to scene, weaving the narration together to make the whole picture. My first reaction to this book was to be quite miffed with the author for making me feel so deeply. But simultaneously impressed for actually being able to make me feel so deeply. After reading this I want to get my hands on Minnie Darke's first novel! Her writing is clever, easy to read and entertaining. This book just ...more
Dominique Wilson
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a beautifully written, utterly charming novel! There's an unusual combination of gentleness and sophistication to Darke's prose that encourages one to curl up comfortably, confident that one is in the hands of an excellent storyteller.

The plot is imaginative, the characters believable, and I particularly liked the way the song journeys in and out of people's lives, changing as it is 'caught' each time to mirror the characters' lives. There’s a lot to like about The Lost Love Song – enough
Angelynn Gill
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An impeccable, beautiful and well-written story.
I love every bit of it and I wanted to listen to the love song too!
I can just imagine it in the big screen, it would be amazing.

Thank you Better Reading & PRH for the advance copy.
Belinda
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It had me hooked from the very beginning and after reading less than 50 pages, I was already crying….

This is a bittersweet love story about two people who are trying to find their way in the world. It was beautifully written and I enjoyed following the relationship of Arie and Evie through its ups and downs.

The main story is broken up by smaller side stories which carry the love song across the world. I found it a little hard to engage with some of the side stories but loved
Brielle Popple

• The Daughter of Victory Lights
  • The Girl in the Painting
  • Maggie's Going Nowhere
  • The Lost Summers of Driftwood
Minnie Darke is the author of the bestselling novel Star-crossed, winner of the Margaret Scott People's Choice Award, and which has now been published in over 30 countries. Her new novel, The Lost Love Song, is out very soon! She lives in Tasmania with her family.

Photo Credit: Karen Brown