Start by marking “Above and Beyond (Twist of Fate #4)” as Want to Read:
Above and Beyond (Twist of Fate #4)

Above and Beyond

(Twist of Fate #4)

Lucky

Two years ago I humiliated myself by declaring my love to an older man who clearly didn’t share my feelings. And that’s fine. One day Zach will come around. Meanwhile, I’ve built a life for myself in northern Montana, pursuing my college degree while working hard toward certification in high-risk alpine search and rescue on the side. And perhaps I’ve kept the dan

Published January 20th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Above and Beyond, please sign up.
Bimge I'd like to know that too. Lucky is like my most fave character ever since book 1. Can't wait for his book. …moreI'd like to know that too. Lucky is like my most fave character ever since book 1. Can't wait for his book. (less)

Start your review of Above and Beyond (Twist of Fate #4)
Wendy

It has been some time, but I finally got my Sloane Kennedy/Lucy Lennox fix. This is the fourth book in the Twist of Fate series and this time we get "Lucky's story. And those of you who have been reading all the books in the series, know exactly who Lucky is. Those of you that haven't...please go back and read "Lost & Found", because things will be so much clearer if you do.

Lucky, who happens to be Xander and Bennett's son has had a big crush on Zach, for as long as he remembers. Zach, w

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
But of course a crazy, old naked lady is included in this story. Lucy Lennox can't help herself. Fortunately, that's a mere blip in an otherwise relationship-focused story with major hurt/comfort overtones.

I was pleasantly surprised that while this book is not without angst (think PTSD and one MC pushing the other MC away for the majority of the story), it doesn't disintegrate into violence and drama.

I loved Lucky in the other books in the series (I don't suggest reading this one as a standalon
Denise H.
Older Zach and younger Lucky, find their way home....

I’ve read nearly every book from Sloan’s Kennedy and Lucy Lennox, and I’ll never have enough. This is fantastic as usual.
Zach, about 35, is a wounded warrior, teaching SAR (Search and Rescue) training in Glacier Park in Montana.

Lucky, 20, has 1 yr. of college for his degree, is a certified EMT, and going for his SAR certification. Both men have always wanted to help people, loved the adrenaline rush, and the satisfaction of saving lives.

E
Vanna
2 disappointing-stars!! 😥 This just never took off for me. Having read the previous books in the series, I was certainly expecting angst, suspense and thrill.. but was not expecting such an unlikable MC😳. Initially I had a little sympathy for him, but as the book progressed my dislike for him grew.. I just couldn’t fathom why anyone, especially a bright guy like Lucky would give Zach so many chances. And despite all his past abuses, PTSD and anxiety my empathy for Zach just dried up because of h ...more
Chris
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-contemporary
This is another intense yet heart warming romance... Alpha male with emotional issues and vulnerable cutie pining for his “not available “ love. Yes there’s drama, angst and high risk monuments, but always something lovely to look forward to ❤️
CaRo
Feb 02, 2020 rated it liked it
Good storytelling but it was a little bit long. And I got frustrated with Zach because DUDE let`s make up your mind I don`t want to read every second page about your inner struggle and self hate... ...more
Bookreader87(Amanda)
May 23, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
The heart wants what the heart wants...

The push/pull was too much. Can't really see what Lucky saw in Zach. It gave me the feeling of a puppy constantly being kicked. Just sad.
Alex
Jan 21, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: angst
I read book 3 not so long ago so I remembered how Lucky & Zack met... The timeline in this one was all off and it just bothered me!
Lucky wasn't 15 when he met Zack. He was 17, almost 18.
I couldn't passed this detail.

I also had the same problem here that I had with book 1. I just could tell when it was LL writing and SK writing and I don't really enjoy LL writing...

All in All, the story was okay but I couldn't get into it.

I really like Sloane Kennedy's books but this series is just 50/50 for me
Annika
Audiobook review

Narration: 4,5 stars
Story: 3 stars

It’s been a while since the last book in this series. This time we follow Lucky, the foster kid we meet in the first book (though you don’t have to have read any of the previous ones follow this one).

Lucky is in college in northern Montana, busy living his life. But having not come home to his family for more than the major holidays, his fathers ask their friend Zach to check up on Lucky. Something Zach is very reluctant to do considering the he
Sanaa
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it

Meh not a bad read but got kinda bored. I love a good age gap romance and glad I gave this a chance.

Review soon.
Leelah🍁♋️ Orion
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
This book

This book reminded me of why I fell in love with these authors. It had everything I love. The writing was perfection. It drew me in, and held me tight all the way until the last page. It was emotional, had angst, some drippings of suspense, hawt curl your toes smexy times, and love surrounded it all. I’m a sucker for a hurt alpha, and a virginal man who knows exactly what he wants.
The banter was perfection, didn’t go overboard, the story was amazing. The side characters kept me enterta
Tiaesha Inabinett
Jan 23, 2020 rated it did not like it
DNF. What happened here?

This book was a hot mess of nonsense with a serious age issue. I don't care about the age gap, but I do care that between the last book and this one the math seems to be off.
Also, Lucky is such a doormat for Zach who treats him like shit. In my opinion, a relationship built on this type of unrequited love won't last.
Also, the plot was sloppy with weird sentence structures. Was there no beta readers who could say perhaps one more run through?
And the sad side plot of the
Chelsey Nixon
Jan 20, 2020 rated it liked it
#SpoilerWarrior

I was really excited for this book, and have been since the first time that Zach entered the picture.
But that’s the thing..., I’m 98% positive that Zach entered the picture in book three, when Lucky was 17. Because Lucky was 15 in book 1, where he was into Calvin.
I just feel really disappointed that a book that I know people waited for forever ended up being so inconsistent - it really took away from the story for me.
Joyfully Jay
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: michelle
A Joyfully Jay review.

4 stars

I really like the Twist of Fate series and these characters and Lucky has been around since the beginning as a teen. Homeless and living on the streets, he met Bennett and Xander who eventually adopted him. Lucky is now in college and it was great to see him moving on with his life and going after the career he wants. He has never forgotten Zach and always has felt that one day would be their day. He never expects Zach to show up at college and he further doesn’t ex
michaela ⚘
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, 2020
I came for the age gap and dad’s friend aspect and left completely in love with these two men and their love story.

Lucky has known one thing since he was a teenager — he wanted Zach and one day he’d have him. No amount of rejection was enough to make him call quits on wanting to pursue him. Zach, on the other hand, has spent the same amount of time trying his best to ignore what he feels for his brother’s best friend’s child.

There was quite a bit of things Zach needed to work out in order for h
keren davidi cohen
Jan 29, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, read-mm
I can't believe I only give 3.5 stars
The book is good but Zach just exhausted me
Elizabeth
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fast read. Hot romance, very hot sex scenes with an age gap and good hurt/comfort theme. I'm not a big fan of one MC's constantly pushing away another so that for me wasn't a win. Besides that I really enjoyed this one. It's fast paced, not overly fantastically dramatic, and like I said before, super HOT. I really liked it. ...more
kitamikeita
Feb 16, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, eng
2.75

I didn't write something immediately after finishing reading it and now I forgot most of it.

This should indicate that it wasn't all that memorable.
I liked the story fine, but ultimatley it was too bland, not unique, similar to so many others, it didn't stand out. Like I said, unmemorable.

I don't remember details about the writing or characters, just that something annoyed me, but I don't recall what.

Jess A Jaye
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
I've been wanting Lucky's story since we first met him earlier in Twist of Fate series. And Above and Beyond did not disappoint.
Lucky has been on love with Zach since he was 15 years old. Now that he's a man and Zach reappears in his life he thinks he might be over his crush. When the two men are forced to spend time with each other, Lucky soon realises that he's far from over Zach. My heart absolute broke for Lucky and you can feel his heartache coming right off the pages. And Zach, well Zach
Sannia
I adore Lucky to pieces. His resilience, pure, incredible FORGIVING heart. But man...he didn't make Zach work for it at all. He came across as a pushover and at times a doormat. While Zach was a jerk and a coward. Ugh. I wanted to root for this couple so bad but there were things that bothered me and taint the story early on. (view spoiler) ...more
Amy B.
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars rounding up

I’ve liked this series and I was excited to read Lucky’s story. He was introduced in the first book as a sweet 15 year old, then showed up in the second as a resourceful and snarky 16 year old before his appearance in the third book at age 17, where he met Zach. Now 20 years old in the summer before his senior year of college, Lucky is still as kind, enthusiastic, and fun as he was as a teen. Lucky as a character is great, totally endearing and admirable. Lucky and his story
Mrs.V
Apr 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, I really did. It has a lot of action, outdoorsy and adventurous stuff, characters from the previous books popping in and some hilarious moments, especially with Lucky’s best friend!
I am completely and utterly in love with Lucky, for being so young and having been through all of the things he had to face in his young life, he’s a strong, loving man unafraid to go for what he wants and put himself out there, emotionally and physically.
I cannot say that I was much impressed with
Kirk
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m-romance
In the fourth book in the Twist of Fate series, we get Lucky and Zach’s story. Zach is Jake’s brother, who we met in #3, Body and Soul and Lucky is Xander and Bennett’s boy (Lost and Found #1). There’s so much history between these two men and so much second-guessing of what the other thinks and feels leading to wrong assumptions and a ton of Zach thinking he knows what’s best for younger man Lucky. But Lucky pushes back at Zach in all the best ways and we witness a battle of wills almost. This ...more
ML
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Angsty but perfect

This book ripped my heart out multiple times. It felt like I’d been put through the wringer by the time I got to the end.
This book is very well written and it felt so real.
Zach is a very broken man and love sometimes is not enough. You need a little luck.
Lucky definitely deserved his HEA. It was hard fought! I loved the book and hopefully we get more in this series because I’m not ready for it to end.
Lori
Jan 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a good hurt/comfort book but Safe and Sound is still my favorite of the series. There was a LOT of push/pull in this one but it was an integral part of the hurt/comfort.

Zach was kind of a dick but for some reason Lucky loved him anyway.

It was nice to get a hint of all the other couples from the other books but I wonder if there's going to be one about Calvin because he was sort of left hanging.
Kaila
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
looooooooooooooved this so much.. sexy.. funny.. angsty.. loving.. anger.. so many emotions.. so many things going on.. the personalities.. the fun.. the amazingness of these 2 authors together. i loved it
DepictonFiction
Jennie
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Zach and Lucky..
These two men were heartbreaking..each for their own different reasons.
Emotional rollercoaster of a story.
There was plenty of action and emotions the whole way through.
I was fully invested in their story and how they get their hea.
Jess Gabriel
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. Started off well but it kind of petered out for me. It followed the typical Sloane Kennedy formula.
Anke
Jan 27, 2021 marked it as nope
Tried the sample, didn't work for me. ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Foreseen: Lex (The Four #2)
  • Obsessed (The Protectors #13)
  • Stay Lucky
  • Caulky (Four Bears Construction, #1)
  • Giving Chase (Havenwood #1)
  • Watch Me
  • Murphy's Law (Havenwood #2)
  • Tempting Fate (Love in Eden #1.5)
  • Boyfriend 101 (Fever Falls #6)
  • Pretty Perfect (Boys in Makeup, #1)
  • The Night (Love in O'Leary #5)
  • Stay True to Me
  • Brandon's Very Merry Haunted Christmas (Mack's Marvelous Manifestations, #1)
  • A Daddy for the Cowboy (The Men of River Gorge, #1.5)
  • Finding Finley
  • Hard Knox (Havenwood #3)
  • Fixing Little Red (Different Hearts, #2)
  • Danger Zone (The Elite, #1)
I only keep a small list of my very favorite books and series in my bookshelf here. I read A LOT and it's hard to keep the list updated! ...more

Twist of Fate (4 books)
  • Lost and Found (Twist of Fate, #1)
  • Safe and Sound (Twist of Fate, #2)
  • Body and Soul (Twist of Fate #3)

News & Interviews