Start by marking “The King Trials (Chronicles of Wehlmir #1)” as Want to Read:
The King Trials (Chronicles of Wehlmir #1)

The King Trials (Chronicles of Wehlmir #1)

The king of Elthare is dead. Invitations have been sent out to the noble families to put forth a Champion to participate in the 43rd King Trials, a grueling competition that has left former competitors permanently injured, disabled or dead.

Who will be king?

Grantham Sinero, a man skilled in hand-to-hand combat and armed with the ability of telekinesis.

Andalen Amadon
Published January 7th 2020 by Diondra Sims

To ask other readers questions about The King Trials, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The King Trials

Start your review of The King Trials (Chronicles of Wehlmir #1)
Rach
Dec 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
The King dies which means a new king needs to be appointed but it isnt given directly to the kin. Invitations are sent to all noble families to participate in 43rd king trials to become king.

While the characters have to deal with the trials also war they also have to deal with relationships in their personal lives whether it is romantic, friendship or family.

This is the first book in the series and with the way the first book ended it makes you think all characters are going to come back
Hannah May Book Reviews
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Synopsis:

The King has died and a new ruler is needed. Invitations are sent out for the 43rd King Trials to find the next rightful King. However, the trials are soon cut short when Elthare is invaded by the ruthless Mezerah. A brutal ten-day battle begins which is results in many lives lost and many lives forever changed which has you wondering who will claim the throne after all.

Review:
The synopsis and the engaging cover of this book instantly grabbed my attention and I was left wanting to read
Cali Burem
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oh boy.
Sometimes a book grabs you by the neck and has you sit there, ignoring sustenance and necessary bodily functions and... it took a few pages but it certainly got there. Most of the time.

The book's premise is this: the king is dead and we need a new one but we can't make it easy for his kid by giving it to him. That would be insane. Imagine being king and just letting your kids rule. Lol. Like some sort of monarchy. Madness.
Anyway, the king was sick a long time (cc emcarroll) so I feel like
Isabella Hunter
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The book has quite a few main characters however they are all very distinguishable from each other so it isn't hard to keep a track of who's POV we are currently in and they are always separated by at least a line break. Unlike other multi POV novels I've read in the past I didn't find myself disliking a character. There were definitely times I want to get back to a different character but that was normally when action or drama was getting juicy for them.

The world is fleshed out with us getting
Jason Hill
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
From the very first chapter, this book fully captivated my attention. The world-building by emerging author D.L. Sims was exceptionally well-executed, characters were brilliantly realized, and the overall story was quite compelling. Some aspects of the storytelling were a tad overdone (did everyone have to bed everyone? do I really need to know what everyone was wearing, down to the smallest accessory?), but these were minor distractions for the most part. A plot twist two thirds of the way ...more
Ryan Sciutto
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The King Trials is a very exciting book. It held me from the second I picked it up to the last page. If you are looking for a book representation of the LGBTQ+ this would be a good start! It was light and funny, but also serious. Twists, turns, and surprises await in this book. Along with a likable set of characters, and some not so likable, I enjoyed my time in Wehlmir.
Aliya Bree
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC for an honest review.

I absolutely adored this book even though it broke my heart a couple of times throughout. Many of the characters are queer, which was absolutely amazing to see. Normally theres one token gay character, but this story incorporated it and those romances as beautifully as the straight romances. Even though the point of view switches to multiple perspectives, D.L. Sims manages each one effortlessly because each character is fully developed and interesting. You
Serena Ortiz
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is a great read. Can easily get lost in the world of kings and witches.
Petra
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really liked the book. The story was quite original, though at times confusing as to how technologically advanced the land is.

Most characters were very interesting but maybe too much sex talk at the beginning?

The plot was great, I couldn't figure out the plot twists and would have never guessed the ending.

It was easily read and I hope I'll get to the next one soon.

A deeper review shall come soon.

The book was kindly provided by the author, in exchange for an honest review.
Victoria Phoenix
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC copy of this book for free to provide an honest review. So here it is!
The story is about a group of friends from noble families entered into a set of trials in order to be crowned the new king.
There are love stories laced perfectly throughout, family drama, political drama too all in amongst the main story of the trials.
I was hooked in the first fifty pages. I loved the characters and the plot was exciting. I just had to keep reading to find out what happened to my favourite
Cassandra
rated it it was ok
Mar 16, 2020
Tiina
Mar 11, 2020
Megan Rivera
Jan 25, 2020
Charles
rated it did not like it
Mar 16, 2020
Dec 28, 2019
Read the first 3 chapters 1 1 Mar 15, 2020 09:27AM

• Dragon Rising
  • My Status as an Assassin Obviously Exceeds the Hero’s (Manga) Vol. 1
  • Strangers in the Night (The Hunter and the Spider, #1)
  • 神様のウロコ 1 [Kamisama no Uroko 1]
  • ブルースカイコンプレックス4 [Blue Sky Complex 4] (Blue Sky Complex #4)
  • 神様のウロコ 2 [Kamisama no Uroko 2]
  • The Wardens
  • Andorra Sector (X-Clan #1)
  • Toskaheart (Travelers, #0.5)
  • Magician's Heir (The Dark Mage Series Book 1)
  • Academic Integrity (Scandalous Daddies Club, #1)
  • Found by Frost (Wings, Wands and Soul Bonds, #1)
  • Rescued by the Alien Pirate (Mates of the Kilgari #1)
  • Selkie Cove (The Ingenious Mechanical Devices #5)
  • The Reluctant Socialite
  • Coffee and Crushes at the Cat Café: A Furrever Friends Sweet Romance
  • The Journey of Jimini Renn
  • The Nurturer (The Roots Book 1)
THE KING TRIALS IS COMING JANUARY 7TH!

Hi. My name is D.L. Sims. I was born in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I have always been an avid reader, but it wasn't until I was in middle school that I found I really loved writing. I always had stories in my head, but never knew what to do with them. In eighth grade I fell in love with writing and creating new worlds, and since then I have wanted to be an

News & Interviews

Mary Pauline Lowry knows a thing or two about being stuck at home when you don't want to be. After all, the premise of her newest novel, The Rox...