Start by marking “Hate Struck” as Want to Read:
Hate Struck

Hate Struck

(Maddison High #1)

She's the girl he doesn't want but has to have
Fear is just an emotion that I know I cannot shake

Sarah Danes was the new girl at Maddison High School and was was running from her past. The scars she carried constantly reminded her of what she'd suffered, but she was determined to move on. If only the boy who ruled the school corridors didn't hate her so much.

I
ebook, 1
Published February 2020

To ask other readers questions about Hate Struck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hate Struck

Start your review of Hate Struck
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
-Sara,

That cliff hanger had my mouth drop... well done!!! I kept thinking wouldn’t that be something if they were connected that way and BOOM it happened, so shocked! The blurb to this book had me instantly hooked I have become a big fan of the bully to lovers read and this one has jumped to my number one.

Sarah has been to hell and back to say the least with the death of her father and the tragedy that happened after. My heart hurt for her but she is so strong she just keeps her head up. So
Beyond The Covers Blog
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: celeste
Emotions just pour off the pages of the newest release by Nikki Ashton. Hate Struck, the first book in the Maddison High School series is just one big ‘ol bundle of emotions that will sucker punch you right in the chest. Teenage angst, heartbreak, death, and a few action-packed punches fill the pages of this book and it is one that you won’t be able to put down. I finished it in one day and loved every page. Its setting is in England and the writing and spelling reflects this. The only thing I ...more
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Hate Struck by Nikki Ashton is the First book in the Maddison High School Series. This is the story of Sarah Danes and Adam Hudson. Adam is the Captain of the football team at Maddison High School and the most popular guy where everyone follows him and he rules the school with a harsh fist. But his home life isn't so good which just enforces him to be so dominate and mean in school for his release and power. Sarah is in the middle of her High School year when she if forced to start a new school ...more
Nikki
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Holy moly Nikki Ashton has blown me away with this book... for someone who hasnt written bully romance before she has utterly smashed it with this book!
I was hooked within the first few pages and I was left devastated when it ended... I NEED more words asap!!
Sarah and Adam are both broken but are both dealing with it in completely different ways... Adam refuses to let people in and is beyond nasty to anyone ..
Sarah just wants it to all end and is struggling to move forward in life.
But when
Storyline 3.5
Overall Rating 3.5
Kindle eArc provided by Author
Reviewed by Stephanie

“Grief had swallowed them both whole and then spat them out as broken pieces of heartache, misery and pain.”

Sarah Danes has had an unimaginable year filled with tragedy and betrayal and things only get worse when she and her Mom are basically forced to move. She has to start at a new school midway through her senior year and it was definitely not how she pictured her last year in high school. Yet
Sarah Dale
OMFG!! Soo good! 5 Phenomenal stars!!!

Nikki has seriously knocked it out of the park with this one!! I absolutely loved it!! This is different from her usual reads but its my favourite of hers to date which says a lot as I love her romcoms.

Once I started this I was completely hooked from the very hard beginning right through to the absolutely phenomenal cliffhanger that left my jaw on the floor!!!

I have to be honest I wasn't sure what to expect with this one but this was a gamble that seriously
Amanda McCalip
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
All I can say is WOW, what in the world just happened to me?!!! That cliffhanger was crazy! It took me a little bit to get into the book, but once I got through the first few chapters I was literally hooked. Sarah and Adam were both driving me a little nuts in the beginning, but I quickly fell in love with these characters and I really believe you will too.

Sarah has been through so much and it was hard for me to read about, but the journey she takes with Adam is one I really think is going to
Kirsty Adams - Kindle Freak Book Blog
It’s not often that a book completely take over my entire thoughts, and characters stay with you even when not reading. Hate Struck is one of those stories.

It starts with a powerful opener, one that certainly grabbed my attention. Sarah is a survivor; a gutsy character who is so likeable. Horrific past events has shaped who she is now and she is certainly not going to put up with the antics of mean boy, Adam who plagues her life from the moment she steps into her new school.

Adam is a character
Hendrik Van Den Bergh
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was hooked from the first chapter until the end of the book.

Sarah Danes lost her father in a terrible event and after that an unnecessary tragedy happened to her. Nobody believed her about the tragedy.

She is now the new girl at Maddison High where no one knows anything about her past.

The moment Adam Hudson laid his eyes on Sarah he wanted to break her and make her life miserable. He and his gang did everything to find her deepest darkest secrets. He is the most popular guy, with the girls,
Kari Hansen
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sarah has prevailed over the pain that life has handed her, but it has brought many changes to her life. When she is forced to attend a new school all she wants is to make it through the year unscathed however when she attracts the scrutiny of the star quarterback, and not in a good way, that becomes impossible.

Adam appears to be living the dream, but the truth is much different. He refuses to acknowledge the feelings that he has for Sarah but instead of ignoring her he decides to make her life
Kelly
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was fantastic! What an ending! I literally can't wait for the second book . I loved the dynamic between Adam and Sarah and loved how their characters developed together. I can't believe this is Nikki's first book in this genre, it was so well written and completely different to any other books that she had written. It is a book that is angsty, raw and emotional and hard to put down. I've definitely been left on a book hangover. Definitely a 5 read!! ...more
Lauren
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
This one started slow for me and I wasn't sure how I was gonna feel. Sarah has been to hell and back and starting new school the last thing she wants to deal with someone like Adam. I will say the more I read I think this is gonna be a good series. Once we got to know more about Adam and how he ticked it all fell into place but did was a douche and he was hateful there is no denying that. I will say once these two get all the kinks worked out they flow and actually work.
michelle Shelly
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Oh my God!

What just happened? I had no idea this had a cliffhanger, I’m reading along and BAM! No! And I loved it!

Sarah and Adam are great characters, they are both broken teenagers just trying to survive. She’s the new girl, he’s the school king. The bully. And now he’s set his eyes on her.

This is a great read. I’ve never read this author before and I’m real excited to read more from her. Especially this next book. I gotta know what happened.
Catty Jane
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
*** I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book. ***

4.5/5 stars

I have to admit that I love a good enemies-to-lovers book. Throw in some angsty drama, a little bad boy reformation, and then end it on a good "WHAT THE F JUST HAPPENED?", and I'm all in. This one had me. I can't wait to find out what happens next to Sarah and what side of everything Adam will fall. Definitely needs to be added to your TBR. (Review by Terrie "Jane")
Emma bramley
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
This book will have you hooked from the first chapter. This book follows the story of Sarah and Adam as they find themselves. The characters are well written and matched perfectly. This is a friends to lovers romance story. The story flowed really well but be warned a fantastic cliff hanger at the end. This book has left me needing more as soon as possible.

I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book

Kelly Kemmerly
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
This lovely read will tear you up, melt your inside to goo, and then leave you staggering as you find your way to your room for a good long cry. Nikki Ashton drops you to your knees without her usual humor and sass. Hate Struck is one of a kind! Cannot believe I have to wait for Love Struck!!! A seriously great read!
United Indie Book Blog
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really wasn’t sure after a few chapters if I wanted to continue reading. Some of the things that the main character, Adam, does is just off putting. I did continue to see how Sarah would grow and find herself. We learn that Adam also has a painful past that he is just trying to cope with. The twist at the end was shocking. Does end on a cliffhanger.

review by Raychel
Sophie
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Broke me in the best way

Ah this book! I was crying straight from the prologue. This book tackles some hard topics but it does it beautifully. The way everything comes together, the way the relationship builds, the way they overcome issues together. I really love this story, and the shock I had at the end was something I never ever expected. I seriously can't wait for book 2
TheSassyNerdBlog
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am fairly new to this author, I have only read one other book by her and she has been sitting on my TBR list for so long but you know how that goes, if anyone knows me, they know my list is forever long.

But diving into Love Stuck made me remember why I was so taken by this author's writing. It's truly outstanding, flawless and had me spellbound from the beginning right to the end, and I am going to make sure I start reading more of her books and soon!

This is book one in Maddison High series
Jennifer Pierson
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I don't know why I keep reading bully romance, as I stay enraged for at LEAST half of the story, but I just can't stay away from them no matter what. And Nikki Ashton penned a very addictive one, all the while leaving me hanging off the side of the cliff in the wind, so I love & hate her at this moment. When I say cliffy, I don't just mean one that will have you emotional at first then you deal, I mean that kind that makes the reader want to stalk the author in order to make threats about ...more
Christina  Thomas
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was the first book I read by this author, And it was an emotional roller coaster for me. Despite the warning I choose to read it despite my personal traumatic past. At first it was hard to get through the first few chapters due to what the character went through. But to see her strength and will power to keep surviving and to over come what she went through is amazing. Sarah went through multiply horrible ordeals. Adam acts like a bully because its the only way he knows how to protect ...more
Tina Morgan
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Woah what a book!!! From the prologue to that hanging of an ending!!! I was absolutely hooked on every single word. I was absolutely destroyed by what all happened to Sarah. And for her not to realize exactly how strong she was just broke my heart. And they way everything played out for her just made me so mad I wanted to go through the book and hurt some people. The fact that I know in a different capacity hit me harder than I think it will most because it took me a while to stop the tears from ...more
Bree
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Holy Cliff HANGER my mouth is still wide open....

Sarah has been through in a sense hell and back. The death with her father and having to deal with what she went through, it brought back so many memories. My heart just lept for her and i wish i could reach out and hug her and tell her its going to be ok!
When she accounters Adam and his "minions" she is then standing strong and goes hey i won't allow you to put me down. They are brought together by a horrific inncident both realizing there is no
Karen Wood
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
WOW! I didn't know what to expect from this book, but it exceeded all expectations, is there no end to Nikki's talent, this book is totally different from what she normally writes, it is beautifully written, tackling hard subjects with compassion simply exceptional. This book is a must-read it left me speechless (in a good way).

Two broken people that survive life in two totally different ways, you can feel their connection from the start even if they don't know it, they need each other to change
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
27034655-SX540-png

* First time reading this author

So Hate Struck is a bully story that is in a high school genre. It has a tragic beginning and some major issues during the whole story. Nikki doesn't hold back with major issues like rape, female issues, and how teenage boys harass girls. At some points during this book, I wanted to go through it and smack the crap out of Adam.

Sarah is an emotional scared girl that has just started at the school Adam's rules' and all she wants to do is finish school and move on.
Alicia Harrietha
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh, I am speechless!!! This book, this writer, these characters and that cliffhanger had all but destroyed me emotionally. I am mind blown and need more of this bully to lovers story.

Sarah and Alex Jace two very different but equally sad lives. My heart broke for Sarah with what had happened to her and what she has to overcome. As for Alex I was not a fan initially but that changed quickly as I got more into his journey.

Nikki Ashton has written a tremendous, deep and powerful story
Laura Button
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was something completely different from the fantastic Nikki Ashton. It’s a genre I enjoy and this book was great. Very well written as are all her books. I had so much empathy for Sarah and wanted her to have a better time than the past hand she’d been dealt. Adam, well as for him I hated him and his goons. He soon grew on me though,his goons not so much. I soooo need book 2 right now! You can’t leave it there!! Loved it
Celeste
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
for full review go to Beyond the Covers Blog here on Goodreads and check us out on Facebook
Adriana
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Holy crap what an ending
Donna
Feb 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
A different style for this author but I enjoyed it and look forward to the next part.

• Hot Daddy Package: An Enemies to Lovers Romance
  • Dark Secret (Darkhaven Saga, #1)
  • Dare Me: Dare Duet, Part Two: Billie and Sawyer (Unchained Attraction, #2)
  • Misadventures in the Cage (Misadventures, #27)
  • Insatiable (Steel Brothers Saga #12)
  • Ruthless Sentinel (Vicious Vipers MC, #2)
  • Creeping Beautiful
  • Cade (Default Distraction #3)
  • The Life and Death of Curtis Matthews
  • A Picture Perfect Honeymoon
  • Misadventures with a Firefighter
  • Break You (Boys of Trinity Hall, #1)
  • The Diseased Ones (The Hollis Timewire Series, #1)
  • Forged (Trial by Fire, #1)
  • Legend
  • Forever . . .
  • The Three Kiss Clause
  • Shark's Rise (Shark's Edge Book 3)
I live in Cheshire with my husband, two dogs and mum in law and write romantic humour and contemporary romance. My first two books, Guess Who I Pulled Last Night? and No Bra Required both stayed at number 1 on the Amazon Humour list for 3 & 4 weeks respectively. My ambitions of becoming a writer started at the age of 10 when I started writing poetry at school, and was given the honour of ...more