Start by marking “Dragon Rising” as Want to Read:

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  5 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Sometimes a battle isn't waged on a bloody field.
Sometimes it's won within the heart of one girl.

Hua Minglan wants revenge for the death of her sister, and she'll do anything to get it.
A war is brewing between Piao and the Kou warriors to the north, a war that has called every able-bodied man in Piao from their fields.
When Hua's father is summoned to fight, she knows he
Expected publication: March 13th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Dragon Rising, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragon Rising

I received an ARC for a objection review. RTC
Terry Juell
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I LOVED this book!! I couldn't put it down. The characters are going to rent a space in my heart for a very long time. The story is fast paced and filled with action from start to finish. I can't wait for the second book!
Debbie Turk
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An Enlightening But Frightening Look Behind The Cloak Of War & Repression!!
Dragon Rising

This is a gripping read. It's based on Mulan, I think?! It's set in an unspecified Asian Country in the distant past.

Hua Minglan is one of 3 siblings. Luna is oldest & has moved to the Capital, Dasha, after being given the honour of becoming one the new Emperor's consorts, then it's Hua, she's not like other girls her age. She doesn't enjoy 'girly pursuits', she prefers to hunt with a bow & arrow
Ioana
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
First of all, let me say Mulan is my favourite Disney film. Now that that is out of the way, this book has everything thing. An amazing cover and strong, relatable characters.

Hua transforms from a village girl to a soldier in the Imperial Army. She goes from her farming life to a life in a hard, bloody war.

She swears to defend her country from its enemies, but will she be able to save herself from the danger within?

I truly hope there is a sequel.
Jim Phillips
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An excellent start to a new trilogy with a great storyline and good world building. The characters are well developed and the action is non-stop. Contains plenty of twists and has a fast paced plot. A highly recommended book that was hard to put down. Ready to find out what direction this story goes.
K1el0