Start by marking “Hunted by the Dragon” as Want to Read:
Hunted by the Dragon

Hunted by the Dragon

(Black Sky Dragons #1)

IS SHE HUNTING THE DRAGON--OR IS THE DRAGON HUNTING HER?

When the questionable cellphone photo of a flying black reptile is splashed over the internet, online news reporter Crystal Logan ventures to the small town of Winchester to find out just how real this alleged sighting is.

If her suspicions are right, this could lead to solving a heartbreaking nightmare that has plague
Published February 1st 2020 by KDP

To ask other readers questions about Hunted by the Dragon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hunted by the Dragon

Start your review of Hunted by the Dragon
Addison Carmichael
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I had a great time and a lot of fun writing this book. Dragons are a fav of mine, and the thought of creating a dragon world has always been on my ultimate to-do writing list. I hope all of you have as much fun reading this series as I have writing it!
Ashley (Red-Haired Ash Reads)
DNF 15%

This book started strong with the prologue but once it got to present day it got really boring. Both the characters and the plot, what I read of it, were not captivating or interesting really. I also wasn't seeing the connection between the prologue and the rest of the story. I am sadly not interested enough to continue reading to find out either.
Trina
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
There were many times where I thought the book was about to end then a new twist came about and the book continued. Loved the main character, Crystal, she is strong and independent . Also love her love interest Derek, sounds like a real hunk from the description. There are many other interesting characters in the town, including the villain. Lots to this book, definitely can recommend.
Patricia Hoffstaetter
Shelves: finished-reading
An excellent start to a new series & this fascinating dragon shifter romance will grab the reader’s attention within the first few pages & will keep it until the last page has been turned & it can be read as a standalone. The well-paced plot is very interesting with some unusual or unexpected situations. The unique characters are strong-willed individuals that display realistic emotional feelings & react accordingly to them.
There is: a small town sheriff (Derek Reaves) has a dangerous secret &
Terri Pietrowski
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in this new series by Addison Carmichael.
Cryss is reporter and arrive in town to investigate the report of a dragon, that was spotted flying over the town. With an illegal gathering in the town square, the person Cryss was to meet was not there, only tourists, alien and paranormal hunters that gathered and the sheriffs and his deputies, sending people away. Looking for the dragon wasn't Cryss only reason for coming to town, Cryss needed to know where she is.
Derek the sher
Maegs InWonderland
Apr 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book commands your attention right from the start. The plot continues to unfold even farther than I expected as the story goes on and definitely had elements that I didn’t anticipate. I finished it feeling satisfied (despite knowing that there are more books in this series). I often get frustrated that heroes/heroines make ridiculous decisions that don’t seem realistic. These main charters make choices based on their pasts and the futures they envisioned for themselves so I didn’t feel any ...more
Kaye
ONE INTERESTING ADVENTURE!!!
Amazing! Addison unleashes this tantalizing, heart pounding, pulse racing, adrenaline pumping, page flipping bombshell that hooks you from the start and reels you in for the duration. A tightly coiling vortex of daunting contingencies and a bevy of surprising events launch this baby into a tizzy with stunning impacts. Add the magic, drama, distress, revelations, turmoil and perplexing situations along with a boatload of trouble, you have one exciting ride. Boasting we
Denise
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
First time in reading this author with her tempting me with dragons. Crystal is also curious about what is going on. Derek will be the male in this that makes our heart go pitter patter. There is a secret but this place wants it kept secret and thanks to a picture tons have come to see for themselves. Following these two actually was a joy. I also kept turning the pages to see what occurs next and how this unravels. We see who actually gets hunted. Enjoyed this one zot. Will try and catch this a ...more
sherri jones-teachout
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Is she the last of her kind? Cryss’ whole village was wiped out seventeen years when she was thirteen by arcan hunters. She believes she is the only dragon shifter left, until a sighting of a dragon is in the news. And the sighting is from where she used to live and where her village was attacked. She goes there to see if it could possibly be her sister or another of the kids she thought died years ago. But Derek, the sheriff of the town won’t grand her an interview and wants her out of town, be ...more
Tamara
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Addison Carmichael has done it again! She created another wild ride! You think things are going right, but then she takes a sharp left turn, and it's fun and exciting, like being on a rollercoaster.

The characters come to life and I quickly found myself caring about them. To the extent I found myself yelling at them about things they don't know yet... like when you're watching a horror movie and the characters go into the dark basement: "Wait! No! Don't!"

I received an ARC.
Caroline Doig
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is one amazing story I loved it, someone took a photo of a dragon flying in the sky now there are crazy people everywhere. Crystal is a reporter she’s not going there to get a story she’s going there because of her tragic past, sheriff Derek is not happy with all of the crazy people in his small quiet little town and he’s especially not happy with the nosy reporter asking too many questions. Both have secrets that they are trying to keep hidden but their fates are entwined and there is dang ...more
poppy
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ng
This is my first read from this author and I really liked it I am a huge shifter fan so this was a great fit for me. The plot was good and had plenty going on to hold my interest right until the end with lots of twists and turns it had me on the edge of my seat. I would definitely recommend this book I cannot wait to read more.
Dorothy  Scott
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cryss hears about a sighting that sends her to Winchester. She has a larger mystery she is desperate to solve. Derek doesn’t like the upheaval in his town, especially from the nosy reporter. He has his own secrets to hide. Hunted By The Dragon is a well written novel that I recommend.

Urszula
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Nice story full of action. A shifter wants to protect his identity a woman who tries to find a dragon. What would happen? Well created story with good background. Nice read, relaxing and sweet.

Kylie
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great book, story line and characters well written, would recommend to those who like paranormal romance, highly reccommend

Kim Ruiz
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Definitely enjoyed this book. It has an intriguing storyline with lots of twists and turns. Definitely surprises I wasn't expecting. Strong characters an interesting town. Looking forward to seeing what is coming next. I received a free copy of the book and I am voluntarily leaving a review ...more
Jeanne Richardson
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the 1st book I've read written by Addison Carmichael; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I can’t wait to read more of her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.

Liz
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cryss is a reporter that is chasing a story about a dragon siting in the Black Sky Mountains. The sheriff Derek Reaves tries to keep her from discovering the secret of the town. And then there is the town doctor who seems to have secrets of his own. Cryss is determined to find out all the town secrets and which ones will lead to the dragon. While keeping her secrets well hidden. This is a really great story and I look forward to reading the second in the series. All books can be read as a stand ...more
Andrea LeCras
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
A real fire-breathing Dragon? This was a very good, interesting, and well written story. Great start to a series.

Sheila
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Not a short read, but oh my what a great read! Great plot, amazing characters, background, love, survival, commitment, deceit, and so much more. I had a hard time putting it down to do those life things.
Misty
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Loved it

I loved this book. I thought it was going one way and it went another. I loved the romance and I really can't wait to read the next book. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who likes shifter books. You will love this one.
Barbie-Ann Clark
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
After reading this book I had to take a little time to compose myself and get my thoughts clear in my head before I put them in a review.
Wow this book was amazingly written. Once I started I couldn’t put it down till I was finished. This book has twists and turns you don’t know what’s happening. will they all get there happily ever after or will it all go wrong. To find out what happens go buy the book. You won’t be disappointed I wasn’t.
Kathryn
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Crystal is a fantastic and strong character. This story keeps moving with all the twists and turns. I has a lot of fun reading this book. This is a very interesting story that I look forward to reading more of this series.

I am voluntarily leaving an unbiased, honest review.
Katie Komo
Jan 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
My biggest issue with this book was the formatting and editing. I did read an advance copy of the book, in exchange for feedback, so hopefully that’s fixed before final publication. Reading the blurb, I would have read this book regardless because it’s right up my alley.

That said, this was a great story. I loved the characters and how their stories unfolded. There is a twist that I did not predict, which was great. I like to be surprised- as much as I read, it’s an indicator of great storytelli
Sue MacKenzie
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I must admit this was a book that I could really get my teeth in to.

It wasn't over in five minutes and the story-line was great.

This author really knows how to get you thinking as what starts off as a small town being attacked becomes a history being erased.

Then to find that it was not all erased is satisfying and hoping that there is more of this to come is what I am looking forward to.

The main characters really know how to keep a secret but to find out what that secret is was awesome.

I don't w
Alexandra Speer
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Addison is a great writer (I can see why she's English/writing major). I was on the edge of my seat the entire time!!! Excellent book and impeccably written as well.

The characters come to live right at the start, and I've grown to care about them very quickly. The story is absolutely amazing, and I'm looking very much forward to the next book in the series.

There are so many scenarios that I could think of - Addison always makes me spin my brain wheels and think of many possible variations of t
Mar 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
This dragon shapeshifter paranormal romance was well written and a good length. The world building was light but competent, and the characterization was quite good, with both hero and heroine being sympathetic, vibrant individuals. Most of this novel was a slow-paced small town romance, with adventure and suspense elements kicking in at about 80% of the way through the novel. The romance between this hero and heroine developed naturally and organically, with me able to witness them going through ...more
Ellen YS
Jan 30, 2020 rated it liked it
A very good paranormal adventure mystery. I really liked the mystery element that run through the story and am sure this will appeal especially to younger readers. The romance element need no PG rating as all love scenes were only alluded to. I felt the romance was more incidental to the story than the mystery adventure and only in as far as a hero and heroine is needed for the plot point. That said, the development of the relationship, although for timeline purposes quick, does feel genuine eno ...more
Katherine Paschal
**Find more reviews at https://smadasbooksmack.blogspot.com/

I will admit that I started the story expecting to get a fun, easy paranormal romance- but that was not really what this was all about. Instead, Hunted by the Dragon was a mystery, with tons of twists and discoveries, developed characters, and engaging plot that left me wanting more, showing that this hidden dragon world has secret depths left to uncover! Sure, there was moments of romance, but it did not feel like the focus of the stor
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 CRANKY STARS

A wonderful story about shifters that doesn’t feel like a shifter story. In the beginning you aren’t even sure why the people are being killed. The story is fast paced at first and takes you in. The children are sent to safety only to disappear. Then we fast forward seventeen years and it feels like a whole different story except the location is the same.

I couldn’t put this book down and read it in one day. I found it well written and spellbinding. The characters are confusing in a
« previous 1 3 next »

• Holiday Surprise (Collier Pack #6)
  • iPromise (ARC Shifters #4)
  • Fierce Impact (Westin Force #1)
  • Midnight Promise (ARC Shifters #3)
  • Final Extraction (Westin Force Book 5)
  • Tooth and Claw (Kootenai Pack, #1)
  • New Promise (ARC Shifters Book 5)
  • Rising Storm (Westin Force #2)
  • Can't Be Love (Westin Pack #5)
  • My Second Chance Mate
  • One True Mate (Westin Pack #1)
  • Pack's Promise(ARC Shifters #1)
  • Coming Home (Collier Pack #5)
  • Broken Chains (Collier Pack #4)
  • In Plain Sight (Collier Pack #3)
  • Fighting Destiny (Westin Pack, #2)
  • Run Free (Collier Pack #2)
  • Winter's Promise (ARC Shifters #2)

ADDISON CARMICHAEL is a Paranormal Romance junkie. Love is a mystical, magical thing to her, and she loves writing and living vicariously through her endless PNR stories. Whether it be alpha male werewolves, fierce dragons, sexy panthers and other shifters, sizzling hot vampires, or illusive sorcerers who will magically make your dreams come true, her imagination is bubbling up several stories af

Black Sky Dragons (4 books)
  • Lured by the Dragon
  • Captured by the Dragon (Black Sky Dragons #3)
  • Claimed by the Dragon (Black Sky Dragons, #4)