Start by marking “Maisy's Bedtime” as Want to Read:
Maisy's Bedtime

Maisy's Bedtime

(Maisy)

Maisy's fun and familiar world reflects favorite TV episodes—and the lively adventures young children have every day.

One of four adventures familiar to children who watch Maisy on TV, in MAISY'S BEDTIME, Maisy and her friends get ready for bed. As always, toddlers, preschoolers, and parents will find the ordinary extraordinary with Maisy!
Published August 4th 1999 by Candlewick Press (first published August 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Maisy's Bedtime, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maisy's Bedtime

Jane
Jul 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lucy Cousins has a beautiful style that appeals to young children with her bright colors. In Maisy's Bedtime the story takes the child through a normal bedtime routine. This is an excellent book for young children to hear and relate to while learning to take care of their needs as they get ready for bed. I use the book with my preschool class when we talk about being in a routine and getting to bed so they are rested and ready for school time.
Susan
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-shelf
Solid bed time book. They like to find the missing panda.
Ian McHugh
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
The big bright colourful illustrations of Maisie's preparations for bedtime have helped Florence with her routine. Flo loves the bit where she forgets to go to the toilet and has to get up. She also loves the fact that Maudie has a panda to sleep with just like her. Extra special cuddles for panda every time we read.
Liane Marie
Oct 07, 2014 rated it liked it

Category: Paperback

Age: 1-3+ years

Synopsis: The Maisy the Mouse book series hails from England and features cutesy drawings in primary colors with simple, straightforward text chronicling the adventures of Maisy and her animal friends. This particular book is a lightweight paperback in which Maisy prepares for bedtime.

Bilingual benefit: In this simple story, the reader is introduced to some highly useful words and expressions in English. As Maisy is British, the book uses the British spelling fo
Ben
Jun 08, 2016 rated it liked it
This has the dubious distinction of being the least awful Maisy book that my troglodyte kids make me read to them repeatedly.

Unlike most Maisy books the story, such as it is, isn't a bland and featureless line. This story has a bit of arc to it. She loses Bear for a page and on future readings it's almost entertaining how that emotionally barren crises is set up. It's unfortunate that Maisy apparently has the emotional complexity of a bottle of xanex, because losing a comfort object at bedtime i
Jcb
Feb 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is definitely a 5-star book in my house, and the best of all the Maisy books, IMO. My daughter received Maisy's Bedtime as a present when she was around 1-year old. We read it a lot back then. She particularly liked the part where Panda gets misplaced then found behind the curtain (oops, spoiler alert!). My kid is 5 now, and yet we just read this book again last night. And, she still enjoys it.
Wendy Daniel
May 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lis-4700
Maisy's Bedtime is a great book for newborns through 2 year olds that follows little Maisy through her bedtime routine. The other characters are adorable (love Talula) and showing the bedtime routine is helpful for all little ones. The narrative skills and print awareness skills both support the print motivation in this book.
Veronica
Apr 02, 2012 rated it it was ok
I still do not like the drawings nor the text, it's really boring, but I must say my child loves them, which is the most important, and I think that is because she can understand everything and that gives her satisfaction. So I'd say it's a pretty good book for children more than 1 y old
Sydney
Apr 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: animals
I like Maisy books because they talk about the steps to take to properly get things done such as brushing your teeth before going to bed. Very easy book for emergent readers to follow along with. Pictures match the text very well.
Jamie Addison
Jul 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is Cousins' classic. My daughter loved it.
Jenn
Jan 17, 2009 rated it really liked it
Panda was behind the curtain!
Emanuel Landeholm
Apr 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: My daughters to read to their children
Shelves: read-classic
There are few works of fiction I have read dozens of times. This one is up there. It's pretty amazing when you think about it.
ABC
Jan 13, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: younger-kids
This cute book shows Maisy using the toilet before she goes to bed.
Karen
Jun 17, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: ellie, jacob, mom
Ellie read this book.
Michelle  Cropper
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This series has great books for beginning readers :)
Kate B
Sep 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
All of these Maisy books are perfect for pre-schoolers. Bright colours and simple stories about things that very young children are familiar with.
Sarah Stumphf
Aug 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
My two year old really likes the Maisy books, and he was ready to sleep after this one!
Larisa V
if your little one has read any other maisy books and loves them, then this is certainly the best book to go for! xx
Niki (Daydream Reader)
Jan 26, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: bedtime
My four year old picked this book out himself and he loves it!
Dec 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Board book, good for younger audiences.
Kristie
Sep 22, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vocabulary
Children will recognize these common steps to getting ready for bedtime.
Kristin Cobleigh
  • Move!
  • Heads
  • Good Night, Spot
  • Five Little Ducks
Lucy Cousins, BA Honours in Graphic Design from The Faculty of Arts and Architecture, Brighton Polytechnic, postgraduate degree from Royal College of Art, is an author-illustrator of children's books. She is best known for her books featuring Maisy Mouse but she has also published other children's books including one about Noah's Ark. She is a mother of four and lives in Hampshire, England. Her ow ...more

Maisy (1 - 10 of 140 books)
  • Maisy Goes to the Library
  • Maisy Big, Maisy Small
  • Doctor Maisy
  • Maisy Drives the Bus
  • Maisy's Pool
  • Maisy Goes Camping: A Maisy First Experience Book
  • Maisy Cleans Up
  • Maisy Takes a Bath
  • Maisy's Rainbow Dream (Maisy)
  • Maisy Makes Gingerbread