Start by marking “Glorious Shadows” as Want to Read:

Glorious Shadows

Glorious Shadows is a collection of delicately crafted words and secrets that may not be revealed in broad daylight. It is an attempt to freeze moments, emotions, time and people before they slip from one's grasp. It's about the voices in one's head, loneliness, self-love, broken promises and forbidden thoughts.

The poems attempt to highlight the working of a troubled state
Published January 2nd 2020 by Notion Press

To ask other readers questions about Glorious Shadows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Glorious Shadows

Start your review of Glorious Shadows
Dhwani
Feb 08, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: review-copies
Glorious Shadows is the title give to the book which according to me seems appropriate enough. The cover is minimal and clean. The title of each piece has been added at the end which is something new. The main theme of all the poems is love and the aftermath of love. Certain poems are quite powerful and the reader can feel the pain and suffering the person must have gone through while the others seem to be just written as prose.
After a point, the reading gets a little tedious owing to the same
John  Trident
Mar 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Museums have their own secrets
The sea has its own monsters
And we?
We have our own demons.
- Guarded Secrets

Oh but don't mind me,
For I'm just in your head.
Didn't anyone tell you?
Not to talk to voices in your head?
Didn't anyone tell you?
Not to taunt the monsters under your bed.
- Monsters in your head

Eyes so void
Empty
How come no-one ever saw
The demons trying to break through?
- empty eyes

As fantastic it must be
To be able to love
The features on our bodies
There's something far more important
That
Pretty Little Bibliophile
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Krishna Sawant

Glorious Shadows is a collection of poems by Krishna Sawant which touched a wide variety of topics ranging from self-love to hope, with tones ranging from realistic to tragic as well.
While blank verse has become very common nowadays and you can find a poet around every corner, I do believe that Sawant has the special something in her writing. I felt her poems through me and although I cannot say I have personally experienced each and everything here, the emotions
Devanshi Sanghani
Jan 30, 2020 rated it liked it
One thing that I really love about poetry books is that they are short read but with deep meaning and grand messages.
This book is another short read I did in today's day and even though I am not a poetry person I really enjoyed reading it because I could relate to some of the poems in there and that made me more curious to turn the pages.
The book portrays poems about love and heartbreak, mostly the poems are related to heartbreak.
The cover of the book is really pretty and each and every poem
Simrit Bedi
Feb 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Glorious Shadows by Krishna Sawant is a collection of poems based on love and aftermath of love. I am not a very big fan of poetry but something about this book attracted me to read it.

The title of the book is unique and appropriate. Love really is glorious! Each poem is different.It either talks about self love, broken promises or loneliness.  There is something in each poem which really lingers in your mind even after you have read the book.

There is a small illustration after each poem ,
Hema
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
I've learnt that
People abandon
The things they get tired of;
Even themselves - from this book
This book is a collection of poetries. I liked the small illustration made at the end of the poetry and even the name of the poetry is written at the end.
The writing is beautiful and even someone who is reading poetry for 1st time can understand and feel it. All the poetries are soo true in real sense you will definitely connect with most of them. Poetries are on heartaches, on human nature, memory,
Honey & Anjali
Feb 08, 2020 rated it liked it
Glorious Shadows by Krishna Sawant is a collection of short versed poems that beginners will like and young people would resonate with. Most of the poems are really short and yet convey important message of self love and acceptance effortlessly. Some poems were well structured and provided beautiful symbolism but some just felt like mere words forming sentences that failed to invoke any feelings. Guarded Secrets, Love your Soul and Acceptance are some that resonated with me. I loved the little ...more
Bibliobee
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is an anthology of poems . Poems by their nature can be perceived differently by different readers according to their own way of understanding. I liked this beautiful creation. The titles are at the bottom and the snippets or the short poems are finished with some melancholic vibes or a poignant feel that lingers on later. Some are quite deep few were fine . Not many really rhythm because I like rhythmic poems these were still great to read . They are thoughtful , witty and portray the ...more
Alma

• Victims for Sale
  • Stories of Us
  • What if it's you?
  • The Elephant Girl
  • Sixteen Stormy Days: The Story of the First Amendment of the Constitution of India
  • A Week With Enya: We live blind...
  • Hope: The Journey to Life