Start by marking “Absolving Blue (Police and Fire: Operation Alpha; On Call #4)” as Want to Read:
Absolving Blue (Police and Fire: Operation Alpha; On Call #4)

Absolving Blue

(On Call #4)

For long-time Durango Fire Department EMT, Ava ‘Blue’ Navarro, her teammates at Station 3 represent a family more loyal than her own.
However, when patients start dying on her watch, she draws the attention of local law enforcement. In particular the smooth-talking detective she’s successfully evaded for years, fearing he might stir up her quiet existence.

Detective Tony
ebook
Expected publication: March 10th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Absolving Blue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Absolving Blue

Start your review of Absolving Blue (Police and Fire: Operation Alpha; On Call #4)
Mindy Lou's Book Review
This series just seems to be on fire. I've loved every one. When I think I can't like the next book as much as I did the last, I'm proven wrong. I'm even more impressed since our playboy Tony Ramirez turned out to be an excellent hero. I guess all he needed was Blue (Ava) in his life.

Blue was an intriguing character. Who knew she had all that in her past? It made for a great pairing. Tony wasn't shy about the opposite sex and Blue was avoiding anyone who could get too close. I gotta say, I
Carvanz
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: alpha, arc
I need a Tony Ramirez of my own!!!

☆ pinterest: amysntiago ☆

As a paramedic, Blue’s life revolves around the firehouse with no time for dating. But that’s okay with her. She’s learned some hard life lessons that she won’t soon forget. Until Tony Ramirez is forcing himself into her life under the guise of friend. Before she knows it, they’ve expedited friendship and moved forward to so much more. All that’s left is to share her final secret with him and hope he’ll stay.

Blue is one tough heroine. She really has been through
Island Girl Romance Reads
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been wanting to read Tony’s story for a while and it was amazing! Loved it.
Blue Navarro and Tony Ramirez has known each other for a long time but always avoided each other. Suddenly they are co-parenting a sweet dog named Arthur.
But when Blue becomes a suspect of a few crimes when patients start dying after her care and Tony will have to prove her innocence.
Blue was sweet, strong and independent.
Love her. I was intrigued to read her story and so happy with it. She’s perfect for Tony.
Jessica
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This story was great!!!
I enjoyed it very much! I had a hard time putting it down when I was forced to live in the real. Ha!
Blue is a sweet EMT and Tony is a hottie detective. Enough said, right??? Now add in a series of unexplained deaths, someone looking for revenge and a sweet puppy named Author. I have you hooked now, don’t I??? Those are the makings of a story that just sucks you in from start to finish. Trust me on this one.

Although this story is part of a series, each story is about a
Rosheen
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once again Freya Barker delivers a well crafted and written thought out story and plot. As a writer we can always expect her to produce a book well worth purchasing with food for thought. In particular it is awesome to have stories crafted well around characters that have lived a life and faced obstacles and are mature (in age). I was fortunate to have access to an ARC and will also happily directly purchase my own copy.
Rosheen
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Talk about intense! Blue comes under suspense when patients stat dying after her care and it leads back to her. Tony is captivated with her and wants to get to know her but when she becomes one of the suspects he has to tread carefully. Will he be able to absolve her of this crime and will they get a chance to have a lasting relationship. This suspense will grab you and have you center stage as this story unfolds. It is a well written story that we come to appreciate from Freya because she ...more
Leigh Parrish
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been waiting for Tony’s story and I’m so happy to say that it was everything I imagined for this beloved character! Blue was the perfect match for Tony and it was so easy to connect with their relationship, as well as each of them separately. As always, I enjoy returning to this town and catching up with previous couples as well as being introduced to newer characters. Of course I look forward to Sumo’s story but I’m really excited to see what happens next with Yuma and Lissie....I have a ...more
Sue
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story has everything from action, danger, deaths, setups and newfound love. When Blue's past comes to haunt her, at least she has Tony (a detective) who likes her and is there to help. Sumo her paramedic buddy is very protective of her. Yes there's heat, but i love a great story line and that exceeds into each chapter. HEA
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog
No one combines heart stopping romance with edge of your seat suspense quite the way Freya Barker does. Absolving Blue perfectly show cases her ability to completely captivate someone with romance so real you find yourself falling in love and mystery with twists and turns that will shock you. I started reading this in the evening thinking I’d relax for a bit before bed and the next thing I knew it was the middle of the night and I devoured every single page.
There was just no stopping when it
Robin
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was really looking forward to Tony Ramirez and Ava “Blue” Navarro’s story and Freya totally did not disappoint. I loved spending time with these characters. This story had everything you’ve come to expect from a Freya Barker book and so much more.
Blue is such an intriguing character and when she and Tony are together the sparks just fly. She has such a big heart, she cares about her family at work and she cares for the patients she comes in contact with being an EMT. When they mysteriously
Leigh Parrish
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kim  Brewing
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A Casanova detective and a standoffish EMT suddenly have a reason to be in each other lives. Tony has had his eyes on Blue for awhile but she has given of vibes of not being interested. I absolutely LOVED the reason that put them closer and knew that grateful rescue would give back. I thoroughly enjoy how this author draws you into the story by giving you hints (that you may not realize) and parts of the story that are part of the bigger picture without giving away the bigger picture too soon. ...more
Lynn Newman
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So finally Tony gets his turn in the spotlight. All the way through we have seen glimpses of Tony Ramirez & your immediate impression is love em & leave lothario . But the glimpses of his interactions with Blue Navarro does male wander what would happen if the sparks are given a chance to flame.
Absolving Blue gives you all you could want from a book. Suspense, Death, sexual chemistry that just has to catch fire, and the continuing growth of a world that Freya Barker is building in Susan
Donna Was A Scandal
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
Well, I read that sucker in an evening and regret nothing. What a fabulous story - fast-paced, intense action, sometimes brutal with its details but highly realistic. Great characters that were filled with tons of growth.

the pacing of the relationship was spot on, sex and romance were fabulous - I really enjoyed this book from start to finish, no complaints at all! Oh, and cute dog, too. And Tony's dad is the best, adore him! And two thumbs up on the epilogue.
Pamela
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ahhhh Blue, she intrigued me from the first time I met her, and Tony? tony piqued my interest as well, smooth talker that he is, but we all know behind the cover there is more to a person.
When Tony finally tries to make his move, and Blue has things happening that have her frightened, these two come together.
This story had me wanting to not do anything but read. And read and read.
Freya has a magical power, she pulls me in every single time.
LOVED this story!!
Charlotte Isaac
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-books
Wow, what a rollercoaster of a ride for a book. I was cheering them on.

I loved Blue and Tony together, they compliment each other throughout the book.

Another amazing book by Freya Barker.
Robin
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Deb Bishop
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The standard of this series just keeps delivering, one outstanding story after another.....
Full review to follow
Amanda Roden
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I feel like I have been waiting forever to get Tony's story and I was not disappointed! I loved Blue and I loved Tony as separate characters, but together they were perfect! I can't wait to read this amazing story again and again!
Karen Hrdlicka
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Just when I think Freya Barker’s books are perfect, she kicks the next one up a notch. Her suspense plots and mature characters make her books beyond compare. Her banter and character development are in their own category and the sexual chemistry is off the charts I have loved everything I have read by this author and each books secures another corner of my reader heart. Absolving Blue may be my very favorite book to date. Blue and Tony’s story is both beautiful and heartbreaking.
This book is
Pam
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I just new Tony and Blue's story would be a great one.

Detective Tony Ramirez has been with us for most of the series and I was just waiting for him to get his story. Sure he came across as a hot playboy but aren't they all playboys until they find the right woman. We had seen Tony's loyalty but not the full sweet caring side of him until now. The close bond he shares with his family only makes him that much more lovable. When he decided that he is going to do everything in his power to protect
Karin Dhar
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Freya Barker writes about real people and not perfect ones found in a typical romance novel. Blue is emotionally battered and has her hand up and her arm out so she does not want Tony to get too close. Tony, the dashing detective, has been around the block a time or two but he knows who and what he wants when he sees his chance. What I really liked about this book is that these characters are messy and realistic. They have to go to work and they get in some trouble there too and they have to ...more
Sandra
Another book by Freya Barker that I absolutely loved!! Absolving Blue is book 4 in the On Call series and this time about Detective Tony Ramirez and Fire Department EMT Ava “Blue” Navarro. I am already a huge fan of any love story that has to do with law enforcement, but then to add in a dog, that totally added to my excitement for this book.

I was invested in Tony and Blue’s story from the very beginning. I was so fascinated with Blue and her abilities and then to learn more about her past
Lea Coll
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I read this book in a day it was so good. I stay home with a 3 year old and he'd had enough of me reading it when he threw my kindle across the room. Thankfully, the kindle survived. I've been waiting for Tony's story for so long I couldn't wait to read this one. The complex characters and unique story line sucked me in from page one. I don't want to give anything away but the suspense/mystery aspect kept me reading and the romance was very realistic. I didn't want it to end. I loved Tony & ...more
Molly
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Blue is a great EMT. She is also a kind person and an animal lover who volunteers at the local shelter

When video of a difficult rescue featuring Blue a is posted online, much unwelcome attention focuses on her - including dark shadows from her past

Some situations need more than friends and family to turn out okay
Gina Martin
I love all things Freya Barker, add in PD, FD, and MC...and I am one happy girl!!!
I love Blue 's story, and I am so happy that Tony had a chance to shine.
These characters are amazing, the writing is incredible, you simply can't put it down!
I love Tony, and his family!! Makes you wish.

Taryn Bradley
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Barker's fourth installment of this series is a stellar edition to the On Call storyline. The simmering heat of attraction and suspenseful plot are spot on, equal in every way to Barker's long backlist of romantic suspense novels we have come to love. One click this for a sure fire page turner that will keep you entertained until The End.
Chrissy Parker
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love this book, play boy Tony finally meet his match in Blue. When becomes under investigation from the hospital , Tony will stop at nothing to clear her and find out who's behind it. Who knew the co parenting a dog would be his way at catching her heart.
Jennifer Girling
Feb 07, 2020

• Dream With Me (With Me In Seattle, #13)
  • Bad Alibi (Redemption #1)
  • Detour (Getaway, #5)
  • Come Back for Me (Arrowood Brothers, #1)
  • Dare Me: Dare Duet, Part Two: Billie and Sawyer (Unchained Attraction, #2)
  • The Fight for Forever (Legend Trilogy #3)
  • One Blissful Night (West Sisters #3)
  • House of Scarlett (Legend Trilogy Book 2)
  • The Country Guesthouse (Sullivan's Crossing, #5)
  • The Fall of Legend (Legend Trilogy, #1)
  • Thaddeus: (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Gold Team)
  • Holding on to Chaos (Blue Moon, #5)
  • Tempt the Hookup (Tempt, #3)
  • Single in Sitka (Odds-Are-Good, #1)
  • Protecting Olivia (The Red Team #2; Special Forces: Operation Alpha)
  • Recovering Ivy (The Red Team #4; Special Forces: Operation Alpha)
  • Redeeming Violet (The Red Team #3; Special Forces: Operation Alpha)
  • Rescuing Erin (The Red Team #5; Special Forces: Operation Alpha)
Freya Barker loves writing about ordinary people with extraordinary stories.
Driven to make her books about 'real' people; with characters who are perhaps less than perfect, but just as deserving of romance, thrills and chills, and some hot, sizzling sex in their lives.

Recipient of the ReadFREE.ly 2019 Best Book We've Read All Year Award for "Covering Ollie", the 2015 RomCon Reader’s Choice Award

On Call (4 books)
  • Burning for Autumn (Police and Fire: Operation Alpha; On Call #1)
  • Covering Ollie (On Call #2)
  • Tracking Tahlula (Police and Fire: Operation Alpha; On Call #3)