Start by marking “A Crown in Time (The Tempus U Time Travel series)” as Want to Read:
A Crown in Time (The Tempus U Time Travel series)

A Crown in Time (The Tempus U Time Travel series)

Since it was perfected in 2900, time travel has been reserved for an elite, highly trained few. However, on certain occasions, a Corrector is needed to rectify a mistake in the past.

Do your job well, and you'll go down in history. Fail, and you will be erased from Time . . .

In the far future, a convicted criminal is given a chance at redemption. The Corrector Program at
Published January 16th 2020 by Headline

To ask other readers questions about A Crown in Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Crown in Time

Start your review of A Crown in Time (The Tempus U Time Travel series)
Nursebookie
In this world, the year is 2900, and time travel has been perfected through quartz crystal technology developed by an elite institution, Tempus University.

Though time travel is reserved for the few time travelling journalists, certain errors committed in the past could be undone by the Correctors.

Isobel is serving a life sentence for accidentally killing a child in a car accident and is serving a lifetime sentence in a reproduction prison. For the past four years, now at 24yo, she has been
K.S. Marsden
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
As payment for her crimes, the disposable Isobel is sent back to correct history. She has one mission: stop Jean from going to the crusades.

I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review.

After killing a child by her careless driving, Isobel gets a life sentence. Because of her studies into Medieval French poetry, she is selected to be a Corrector.
Basically, a time-traveller made an error that is disrupting the timeline, when young Lord Jean overhears about the Crusades. Suddenly
Jena Henry
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Some of my best reading travels this year were with author Jennifer Macaire and Alexander the Great. Her time travel six book series of life with Alexander the Great gave me adventure, romance, history and immense pleasure.

With that enthralling saga complete, I was delighted to be given the opportunity to read a new book from Ms. Macaire. Fortunately, my time travel passport is still valid, so I was soon off on my journey to France, circa the end of the 1200’s A.D. A Crown in Time is just as
Chitra Iyer
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Having read Jennifer Macaire’s previous series, The Time for Alexander, I wanted to check out what her next book would read like. I’m glad I chose this book because just like her previous books, this book too, takes the reader to the past and makes one wonder if history can really be altered.

A Crown in Time by Jennifer Macaire is the first book in her Tempus U Time Travel series. Let’s get down to a short summary before my detailed review.

Summary

Isobel is a convicted criminal and she is sent
Sue
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Welcome to a far future where time travel is the remit of an elite group of highly trained operatives from the Tempus University. Their job is to research and monitor the past to ensure the future remains stable, and if necessary, they will take action to correct timelines which seem to be going astray - even to the extent of erasing whole chunks of history.

Isobel, imprisoned after a car accident in which a small child was killed, is offered the chance of freedom if she agrees to undertake a
L.S.
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
There are few authors whose books are must-reads for me, but Jennifer Macaire is one of them. No one blends time travel and history as well as she does. Her Alexander the Great series won me over, and I couldn't pass up on her newest release. And so, off to 13th Century France I went ... and, boy, was it every bit as fascinating and enjoyable as I expected.

So, what happened?

As before, the story starts in the future (2900 A.D.) and Tempus University now offers convicted criminals a chance to wipe
Jane Hunt
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
I haven't read any previous books in this series. The concept of time travel and the future world, Isobel comes from, is understandable. The historical setting has a good sense of place and time. It is atmospheric and vividly described.

Isobel is a corrector, sent back to the correct history, inadvertently altered by another time traveller. She has nothing to lose. Emotionally damaged after she killed a child in a car accident, she knows that failure means death. Success means life can continue,
Stephanie Dagg
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book is a fascinating and very successful mixture of sci-fi and historical fiction. Time travel is a theme that never grows old – for obvious reasons! – and the author uses it in an original and interesting way in this story.
Our unlikely by likeable heroine Isobel is hurled back in time and dumped unceremoniously in Medieval France. Her task of finding a certain Jean and persuading him not to fight in the next Crusade seems impossible, but she’s nothing if not determined. She is helped
Annarella
It's a fascinating mix of historical fiction and sci-fi with a well researched and vividly described historical background.
The story flows and the characters are well thought and interesting.
The only fault I found is that the book is somewhat lacking in the world building of the present time but it's nonetheless and excellent and entertaining story.
It's the first work I read by this author and won't surely be the last.
Recommended.
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all
Lucy-May
For the most part I really enjoyed this book; it reminded me of the Outlander books by Diana Gabaldon, merged with the Caitlyn series by Elizabeth Davies & I was hooked on the story. I found protagonist Isobel interesting & adored her relationship with Charles & what she did to help & save others. However, some of her choices were strange & made no sense to me. Throughout almost the whole read I was desperate to see what happened - I even stayed up late on a work night to ...more
Proud Book Reviews
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Although this is set in the same universe as the Time for Alexander series you don’t have to have read them to understand what’s going on. Jennifer has skill at writing a story and repeating information that those who have read the books will know, but new readers wont, in a way that doesn’t feel repetitive.

This is great as it ensures all readers know what going on without boring regular readers. There were even some differences in the reason and way Isobel was sent back in time. This was
Rebecca
Jan 18, 2020
Jennifer Macaire
Jan 05, 2020 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
Samanta

• For Love or Money
  • The Violinist's Apprentice
  • Million Eyes
  • B&Bers Behaving Madly at a Devon Seaside Guesthouse
  • A Messy Affair (Lena Szarka Mysteries #3)
  • Getting Dirty: A Scorching Hot Romance
  • The Particular Charm of Miss Jane Austen: An Uplifting, Comedic Tale of Time Travel and Friendship
  • A Shape on the Air
  • Lilian and the Irresistible Duke (Secrets of a Victorian Household)
  • The Case of the Reincarnated Client (Vish Puri, #5)
  • Sixty Minutes
  • Mrs P’s Book of Secrets
  • Found
  • Cartier's Hope
  • Dreamland
  • The Profit Motive (Sterling and Mason, #2)
  • House Rules (Uptown, #3)
  • Nullpunkt
Jennifer Macaire lives in France with her husband, three children, & various dogs & horses. She loves cooking, eating French chocolate, growing herbs and flowering plants on her balcony, and playing golf. She grew up in upstate New York, Samoa, and the Virgin Islands. She graduated from St. Peter and Paul high school in St. Thomas and moved to NYC where she modeled for five years for ...more