Start by marking “A Crown in Time (The Tempus U Time Travel series)” as Want to Read:
A Crown in Time (The Tempus U Time Travel series)

A Crown in Time (The Tempus U Time Travel series)

Since it was perfected in 2900, time travel has been reserved for an elite, highly trained few. However, on certain occasions, a Corrector is needed to rectify a mistake in the past.

Do your job well, and you'll go down in history. Fail, and you will be erased from Time . . .

In the far future, a convicted criminal is given a chance at redemption. The Corrector Program at Te
Published January 16th 2020 by Headline

To ask other readers questions about A Crown in Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Crown in Time

Start your review of A Crown in Time (The Tempus U Time Travel series)
Nursebookie
In this world, the year is 2900, and time travel has been perfected through quartz crystal technology developed by an elite institution, Tempus University.

Though time travel is reserved for the few time travelling journalists, certain errors committed in the past could be undone by the Correctors.

Isobel is serving a life sentence for accidentally killing a child in a car accident and is serving a lifetime sentence in a reproduction prison. For the past four years, now at 24yo, she has been don
K.S. Marsden
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
As payment for her crimes, the disposable Isobel is sent back to correct history. She has one mission: stop Jean from going to the crusades.

I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review.

After killing a child by her careless driving, Isobel gets a life sentence. Because of her studies into Medieval French poetry, she is selected to be a Corrector.
Basically, a time-traveller made an error that is disrupting the timeline, when young Lord Jean overhears about the Crusades. Suddenly inspire
Jena Henry
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Some of my best reading travels this year were with author Jennifer Macaire and Alexander the Great. Her time travel six book series of life with Alexander the Great gave me adventure, romance, history and immense pleasure.

With that enthralling saga complete, I was delighted to be given the opportunity to read a new book from Ms. Macaire. Fortunately, my time travel passport is still valid, so I was soon off on my journey to France, circa the end of the 1200’s A.D. A Crown in Time is just as sa
Chitra Iyer
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Having read Jennifer Macaire’s previous series, The Time for Alexander, I wanted to check out what her next book would read like. I’m glad I chose this book because just like her previous books, this book too, takes the reader to the past and makes one wonder if history can really be altered.

A Crown in Time by Jennifer Macaire is the first book in her Tempus U Time Travel series. Let’s get down to a short summary before my detailed review.

Summary

Isobel is a convicted criminal and she is sent bac
Alison
In the far future time travel has been perfected, but it is only for the wealthy elite, except when a visitor from the future has altered the timeline, then they send in a convicted criminal, a 'Corrector' to restore the timeline.

Isobel is serving life in prison, being used as a human egg donor, for a heinous crime. Then she is offered a one way trip to 1270. A time-travelling historian accidentally discussed the child crusades in front of a hot-headed young noble, although personally insignific
Sue
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Welcome to a far future where time travel is the remit of an elite group of highly trained operatives from the Tempus University. Their job is to research and monitor the past to ensure the future remains stable, and if necessary, they will take action to correct timelines which seem to be going astray - even to the extent of erasing whole chunks of history.

Isobel, imprisoned after a car accident in which a small child was killed, is offered the chance of freedom if she agrees to undertake a dan
Paul Wandason
Jul 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Historical fiction doesn't usually appeal to me - but "A Crown in Time" is an exception! History is done and dusted, it’s gone; get over it. With time travel that’s not necessarily the case, and there's a good dose of time travel in this novel!

Within half a page we’re whisked back in time to 13th century France. For me (not Jennifer) this is another place, and for both of us this is another time. I (again, not Jennifer) know nothing of this era – though that’s now changed a little since reading
histeriker
Mar 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
The book is easy to read and interesting. I like time travel stories and historical novels, so it was a perfect match for me. This book offers new historical information embedded in a gripping story. The historical facts are well researched and also the story about the future is thought through even though a bit sketchy. The characters are aslo a bit sketchy, I was irritated that jean was not a main charater as I expected. Isobel is not my favourite charcter, but I could understand her actions. ...more
L.S.
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
There are few authors whose books are must-reads for me, but Jennifer Macaire is one of them. No one blends time travel and history as well as she does. Her Alexander the Great series won me over, and I couldn't pass up on her newest release. And so, off to 13th Century France I went ... and, boy, was it every bit as fascinating and enjoyable as I expected.

So, what happened?

As before, the story starts in the future (2900 A.D.) and Tempus University now offers convicted criminals a chance to wip
Read Me Another Story
Jun 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Story 📖

The year is past 2900 and Isabel is sitting in jail for a serious crime. Since time travel was perfected in 2900, historians send time correctors (often prison inmates) back in time to fix past wrongs.

Isabel is sent to France in 1270 to help save the town of the young King.

Despite thinking that the historians had educated her in all that she had to do - things start to not go to plan and it starts to look as though maybe Isabel was always supposed to end up in 1270.

Summary 📖

I thought thi
Luana
May 31, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, scifi
It was well written but eh it just came across as a bit privilege white middle upper class privilege somehow. It felt like the masses were regarded as just that 'the masses'.

Also trigger warning for rape.
Hanna
Apr 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
First published at Booking in Heels.

So Isobel accidentally hits a child with her car and is sentenced to life in prison (which seems bizarre to me, but hey ho), unless she agrees to head back to 1270 and correct the course of time, led astray by a careless modern journalist. Excellent. I am completely on board with this plot. 100% up my street. A Crown in Time has my complete attention.

85478The time travel aspects are actually pretty great. Isobel has to figure out in what time she has landed a
Jacqueline
Mar 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: france, history
Paying the price for a moment of distraction that had devastating consequences on the lives of two families, Isobel is sent back in time on a mission to right another wrong. She knows from the start this is a one-way trip, with the only option being success, as failure will mean she is erased from time. Hers is a lonely mission with huge responsibility and high stakes.

Arriving in France at a difficult period in time, Isobel is tasked to persuade the young Jean not to leave his family for an ill-
Bookmarked
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Jennifer Macaire has a knack for transporting the reader in time, alongside her characters. In A Crown in Time she brilliantly depicts the raw and unforgiving era of the Crusades. The moment you step into the story, your senses are assaulted with images, odours, sounds and textures that all come together to sweep you off your feet and take you right into the black heart of the Dark Ages. Macaire knows her stuff. She comfortably navigates the era when and the areas where her book is set, and you ...more
Jane Hunt
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
I haven't read any previous books in this series. The concept of time travel and the future world, Isobel comes from, is understandable. The historical setting has a good sense of place and time. It is atmospheric and vividly described.

Isobel is a corrector, sent back to the correct history, inadvertently altered by another time traveller. She has nothing to lose. Emotionally damaged after she killed a child in a car accident, she knows that failure means death. Success means life can continue,
Stephanie Dagg
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book is a fascinating and very successful mixture of sci-fi and historical fiction. Time travel is a theme that never grows old – for obvious reasons! – and the author uses it in an original and interesting way in this story.
Our unlikely by likeable heroine Isobel is hurled back in time and dumped unceremoniously in Medieval France. Her task of finding a certain Jean and persuading him not to fight in the next Crusade seems impossible, but she’s nothing if not determined. She is helped alon
Jessica Belmont
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’m a big fan of Jennifer Macaire, so it was a no brainier when A Crown In Time was offered to me to review. One of my favorite things about Jennifer Macaire’s take on time travel is that it is simplified in the best way ever. It feels realistic and I understand what is happening. That makes it so satisfying!

I love how vivid Jennifer Macaire’s writing is. I was transported into this novel and could feel, see, smell and hear all the things she wanted me to. I felt like I was part of the story. Th
Colette McCormick
Nov 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Isobel is a convicted criminal who is offered a chance to atone for her crime by going back in time to save the crown of France. Thrown into France at the time of the crusades she must first of all find her quarry and then persuade him to go home. Simple right? No.
I loved this book. It was easy to read and a definite page turner. The characters were well drawn and I cared what happened to them. I even learned something about the history of the time.
I would heartily recommend this book to anyone
Beverly
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The thing I love about Macaire's books is her intelligence and wit. They are well written, and delicious to digest in the way that a good writer can swing you from the hilarious to pathos within pages, and you just keep turning those pages to see what's coming next. She doesn't disappoint. I don't like to reiterate plots and ruin a reader's fun, so I will only say that this protagonist is as real as a modern (if misguided) woman dropped into the `13th Century can be. She has no pretenses, no air ...more
Annarella
It's a fascinating mix of historical fiction and sci-fi with a well researched and vividly described historical background.
The story flows and the characters are well thought and interesting.
The only fault I found is that the book is somewhat lacking in the world building of the present time but it's nonetheless and excellent and entertaining story.
It's the first work I read by this author and won't surely be the last.
Recommended.
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opini
S
Jul 24, 2020 rated it did not like it
it hit on a lot of stuff i don't like so a HUGE nope from me ...more
Lucy-May
For the most part I really enjoyed this book; it reminded me of the Outlander books by Diana Gabaldon, merged with the Caitlyn series by Elizabeth Davies & I was hooked on the story. I found protagonist Isobel interesting & adored her relationship with Charles & what she did to help & save others. However, some of her choices were strange & made no sense to me. Throughout almost the whole read I was desperate to see what happened - I even stayed up late on a work night to finish it. I wish I had ...more
Proud Book Reviews
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Although this is set in the same universe as the Time for Alexander series you don’t have to have read them to understand what’s going on. Jennifer has skill at writing a story and repeating information that those who have read the books will know, but new readers wont, in a way that doesn’t feel repetitive.

This is great as it ensures all readers know what going on without boring regular readers. There were even some differences in the reason and way Isobel was sent back in time. This was emphas
Mar 06, 2020 rated it liked it
"A Crown in Time" had a really interesting premise, but the author rushed through the story. The characters didn't really have time to develop naturally, the romantic relationships felt forced and the different historical events all happened way to quickly without really leaving an impact on the story. ...more
Caroline

• If I Never Met You
  • The Lavender Garden
  • A Killer Secret
  • The Girl From the Workhouse: A heart-breaking, emotional family saga
  • The Last Voyage of the Andrea Doria: The Sinking of the World's Most Glamorous Ship
  • The Dilemma
  • For Love or Money: A laugh out loud, heartwarming romantic comedy
  • The Man Dance
  • Beyond Light and Darkness (Beyond Romance #1)
  • Carpet Diem (A Tallie Graver Mystery #4)
  • The Great Witches Baking Show (Great Witches Baking Show #1)
  • The Ice Bear Miracle
  • Happy & You Know It
  • Mermaid Inn (Matchmaker Bay #1)
  • Rachel Maddow: A Biography
  • The End of the Ocean (Klimakvartetten, #2)
Jennifer Macaire lives in France with her husband, three children, & various dogs & horses. She loves cooking, eating French chocolate, growing herbs and flowering plants on her balcony, and playing golf. She grew up in upstate New York, Samoa, and the Virgin Islands. She graduated from St. Peter and Paul high school in St. Thomas and moved to NYC where she modeled for five years for Elite. She we ...more