Start by marking “The Sound of Love: A Romance Anthology (Senses of Love Book 1)” as Want to Read:
The Sound of Love: A Romance Anthology (Senses of Love Book 1)

The Sound of Love: A Romance Anthology

(Senses of Love #1)

"I never stopped looking for you."

Experience the compelling, heart warming romance of Charlotte and John as they rekindle their long-lost love.

Charlotte and John grew up as young orphans in the secluded outskirts of a rural town. Each day, they’d sneak out to the nearby forest to escape the cold grasp of the orphanage’s tyrant-ruler. However, the safety that came f

Published January 15th 2020

To ask other readers questions about The Sound of Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sound of Love

Start your review of The Sound of Love: A Romance Anthology (Senses of Love Book 1)
Pagesuponpages
Jun 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
⭐Beautiful, ⭐sweet, heartfelt.⭐
3 words to describe this wonderful story of friendship and love. The story follows John and Charlotte through childhood and when they meet up again as adults in a chance encounter that will pull at your heart strings. I loved the back and forth between childhood and adult hood, it really helped you get to know the characters and what they've been through, why their bond is so undeniably strong. The story and emotions are beautifully written and you feel every emoti
Deanna
Jul 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Are you interested in reading an adorable love story about two people who met as children in an orphanage? I think you should be because this book was actually SO cute! 💕

Charlotte and John were the best of friends at the orphanage they lived in. They had wild imaginations and would play together daily. They promised to never leave each other. Fast forward years later. Charlotte reconnects with John in an unexpected way and their relationship picks up where it left off.

I really enjoyed this! The
Tabatha (tab.talks.books)
Jun 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Awesome read!

I loved reading this book. Kyle is such a great author. This story takes you from a sad spot in two kids lives to such a perfect spot in their adult lives. The ending is amazing. You finish the book smiling from ear to ear. It was thee perfect feel good read.
!
Rachel Dunk
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“I never stopped looking for you.”

Goodness, I adored every second of this sweet, heartwarming story about two long lost friends coming together again after years of being separated by fate. This charming story focuses in on a big part of our world today: homelessness. John and his adorable five year old son, Jack, are homeless. They have been for six months; living on the streets, sleeping on the cold concrete. Even worse is that it’s winter time. Charlotte is driving by the homeless intersectio
goodbooksntea
Jul 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book took me on an experience like no other.
“The fact that something was unknown meant that anything was possible”

The Sound of Love - A definite 5 star read.

Jumping between past and present, this heartbreaking and heart-warming story of friendship and love leaves you smirking at times and reaching for tissues at others.
Having no idea what to expect, it has easily become my favourite read of 2020. And the ENDING did not disappoint!!!!

Note : There is a music soundtrack that you can listen
Brooklynn Ashley Shadinger
Jul 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
It’s really easy to sell over the top sexy characters, steamy love scenes, mega violent story points....that’s easy...

Yet for me, a true mark of great writing and sorry telling comes from a place of questioning, Can a writer make me fall in love with characters by telling me about their hearts, their childhood, their history and the deeply emotional connections with the other characters in the book?

That’s exactly what Kyle Shoop has done with, “The Sound of Love” a clean romance novel, that wil
Callie
Aug 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-reads
*4 stars

The Sound of Love book has a playlist. Let me repeat. THIS BOOK HAS A PLAYLIST. You can ACTUALLY LISTEN to the songs performed by a character in the book!! I've never read a book that has done this before and it was SO NICE! It honestly made the reading experience so much more vivid!

The story itself took me a little bit to get into and to get used to the writing style. I felt like I was being told the story, rather than actually experiencing it through the character. But once I got used
book_loversdreams Betty
Jun 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Book Review:

I had the pleasure of reading “The Sound of Love” by Kyle Schoop. This a lovely book with musical lyrics and links so that you are able to listen to these lyrics should you desire too. This book is the first part of a series of five books based on the senses.

So now let me take you on the journey that follows the path of a young boy named John and a young girl named Charlotte who meet in an “orphanage,”which is described as being one step above from living on the streets. John and Ch
Kimberley Jane
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was gifted this book for an honest review so here goes.

This book is unlike any other HEA second chance romance I have read.

The premise of songs written and recorded for the story was beautiful. And being able to listen to them on Spotify was fantastic also.

Kyle I loved them all.

The forward in the book explains the series to be written and it's description is truly beautiful. This author is gifted in that sense.

This has heartbreak in its purest sense and I genuinely did not know how this story
Nell Dimitrova
Jun 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a pleasant and uplifting read.
I love the idea behind the Sense of Love series. Every book from it is based on the five senses that are part of falling in love. Touch, taste, sound, smell and sight. It's a very unique idea.
The bonds between the characthers were so well witten. I can't never get bored of the fantastic storytelling.
Another thing that impressed me was the soundtrack. It brought the reading experience to a whole new other level and it made the story even more captivating. The
BookswithElena
Jun 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wowww!!
This book took me by surprise. I loved it!!

It is all i could ask for, the simple story telling and the way the author used his words made me live with Charlotte and john through all the pages. It made me cry with them and laugh with them. This book really touched me!!
The story is fantastic, i loved it from beginning to end. And that ENDING!! It's mind blowing. One of the best romance stories i have ever read.
And those soundtrack!! This idea is just fascinating. I would always listen to th
Jenna French
Jan 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a story of best friends Charlotte and John, who had an unfortunate upbringing which split them apart, but they are suddenly reconnected.

In this story, Shoop gives readers a light and clean read would appeal not only young women, but I believe it would appeal to teens as well. There is no foul language or explicit material; just a comforting tender love story.

I thought it was creative of Shoop to include recordings of the songs mentioned in this novel. It helps bring the story and feel
***Cheryl***
Aug 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thank you so much to author Kyle Shoop for sending me a copy of this lovely book to read and review.

The story is about Charlotte and John. Charlotte and John were best friends in an orphanage which they grew up but then they grew apart and now due to chance they are thrown together again.

I really like the characters and it was a cute story which goes between present and their past childhood together. This is well written and has a good pace. I was hooked into the story. I liked the added playl
Rachel
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Easy five stars! I'm a big reader (both romance and other fiction) and absolutely loved his new book! I'd read his prior fantasy series and wasn't sure what to think when I saw he was release a romance book. But I loved it! The characters and plot were both extremely touching. The history and romance between Charlotte and John was easy to get drawn into. An addictive, timeless new series rivaling the storytelling of the great Nicholas Sparks. Can't wait for the next book in this series - I'll de ...more
Rebecca
Mar 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-a-series
Such a sweet story that switches between the present and the main characters' childhood. The children's imagination was fun to read. The author even has the music on Spotify to listen to while reading. ...more
Janice Spina
Feb 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
A sweet story of coming of age and finding love. This is a romantic tale of Charlotte and John, two young children in an orphanage who find each other. They are separated when Charlotte is adopted but never forget each other or their special friendship.

The story is supplemented with lovely lyrics and music for readers to enjoy while they read. The author is multi-talented being an accomplished author, musician and song writer. However I did not hear his music because I could not connect to the l
Ally Perry
Jul 17, 2020 rated it liked it
Jennia
Oct 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Sound of Love by Kyle Shoop is a sweet, quickly paced romance integrated with a novel premise. Charlotte became homeless as a young child and has worked diligently to ensure she’ll always be financially stable, but still has lingering thoughts that she’s only one step or small mistake away from losing everything she’s worked for. Her introspection shines and provides a detailed and clear look into her psyche, describing her actions and how her younger years shaped her into the adult she’s gr ...more
Kayla Mitchell
Jun 27, 2020 rated it liked it
The Sound of Love by Kyle Shoop is the first in a series based on the five senses. I was proved a copy of the book by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Romance isn’t my usual go to - I’m more of a thriller or historical fiction gal but was intrigued by the premise. Having just finished Home Before Dark, this light-hearted read was definitely a pallet cleanser. Our main characters Charlotte and John were childhood friends at a terrible orphanage. It’s now almost 20 years later when the
Becky Baldridge
May 03, 2020 rated it liked it
The Sound of Love is a combination of emotional and sweet, and I really liked these characters. The story bounces back and forth between past and present, which is effective for this romance, and it's refreshing to find a romance that keeps it completely clean, so props to the author on that note. There's also a lovely soundtrack to accompany this story which showcases this author's many talents. The drawback for me lay in the predictability of the story. First, we get a decent amount of informa ...more
Angel White
Aug 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Charlotte & John shared something special when they were young, despite the separate tragedies that bring them together. When they are ripped away from each other there is a hollow neither one felt could be filled.

Years later, fate has brought them together again. John is a shell of what Charlotte remembers. Can she help him heal and find his way back? Will they be able to keep their promise to each other this time?

This is a very cute and sweet read. While simplistic in its writing style, the st
Tanya  Reads
Sep 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
John and Charlotte meet in a run down orphanage run by a horrible woman who barely feeds them just enough to make her qualify for government grants, they live a terrible existence, but at night they escape into “World’s End” where they play a wonderful imaginative game as King and Queen of their domain, and a beautiful friendship blossoms.
Years into the future, Charlotte has a thriving career and comes across a homeless man and child almost dying of exposure on a cold January night and is shocke
Brynn | readyourworriesaway
Thank you to the author, Kyle Shoop, for the free copy of your book in exchange for an honest review.

The Sound of Love is the first book in a series called Senses of Love. Charlotte and John met as young orphans. Their imaginations led to a powerful friendship bond. Years later, Charlotte is working in the marketing field when unexpected circumstances bring John back into her life.

The story alternates between past and present— Charlotte and John as children in the orphanage, and Charlotte and
Casey Marlow
Jul 05, 2020 rated it liked it

The Sound of Love is a heartwarming book about Charlotte and John, childhood friends who reconnect many years later when Charlotte discovers John and his son sleeping in the sidewalk.

The author also recorded a soundtrack for the reader to listen to at various points in the book. It makes reading The Sound of Love a wonderful, deeper experience by connecting the reader to the music John uses to express his love.

However the narrative felt over-explanatory; some pages spent on detailed childhood m
Nov 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gifted
This was a heartwarming clean second chance romance. Fate brought Charlotte and John together as kids only to be ripped apart. It's not until years late fate brings them back together again. It was told through Charlotte’s POV through dual timelines, one being the present and the other during their childhood. I love the imagination they had as kids especially having the kind of childhood they had. I was a little nervous about the pace of the relationship in the present timeline, but after learni ...more
Lolita
Apr 10, 2020 rated it liked it
The Diva Review 📗
This story is about friendship, compassion and love. On her drive home from work, Charlotte notices a child on the streets in the cold, she stops to offer her coat. There is a man slumped beside the child, when attempting to wake him, she sees it is a friend from the past, Charlotte and John met in an orphanage and became friends that vowed to never leave each other, however Charlotte was adopted and went away. John has had a hard life and is a down on his luck musician. The sto
Stef Trunk
Aug 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Calling all lovers of sweet, heartwarming, clean romance... You need to pick this one up! While I do enjoy a good amount of steam in romance novels, there was something seriously endearing about this beautiful, serendipitous story of long-lost love! This novel combines past & present timelines while beautifully incorporating music & lyrics to tell a lovely story of rediscovering young love. This is the first book in a series of books using the senses of love, such a unique, sweet premise!
Char
Sara | Bigborrowedbooks
Jul 14, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
I was asked to read this book in exchange for an honest review. I think this could have been so much better if it had been told from a first person perspective rather than a third. The story was a fantastic one that should have gripped me and pushed me forward, but instead I felt left out. The third person perspective left me unable to connect with the characters and put a barrier between the reader and the developing relationship. I think this author can write a really good book with some more ...more
Corinne Murray | Celestial Bookshelf
3.5 stars! A quick, sweet, enjoyable read. I love the concept behind these books and the uniqueness of a book with a soundtrack! The author really put a lot of thought in connecting the songs lyrics to the story he was building.

The characters were enjoyable, I am particularly fond of Jack! I do wish there was a little bit more depth to the romance rather than relying so strongly on their childhood connection, BUT the author made it work in the end!

Thank you Kyle for the gifted copy of this book
SyLvIa
Mar 18, 2020 rated it did not like it
[1.25 star] did not like the book, and here's why:
1) the interswitch of past and present, have never like it. after reading the past, i totally forgot what happen in the previous present chapter. skim though some past chapter and skipped some.
2) book was written in third party pov so it felt very narrated.
3) even though the hero and heroine knew each other from childhood, they connected way too fast. there wasn't any development between them, kind of like straight to the point *roll eyes*

i nea

• American Dirt
  • Credence
  • In an Instant
  • Alex Six
  • Devious Lies (Cruel Crown, #1)
  • A Walk to Remember
  • Finlay Donovan Is Killing It
  • The Crowns of Croswald (The Croswald Series, #1)
  • Someone Else's Daughter (Miranda's Rights, #1)
  • Between the World and Me
  • Arla Baker Mystery Series: Books 1-3
  • Paint It All Red (Mindf*ck, #5)
  • Just After Midnight
  • Infraction (Players Game, #2)
  • A Wonderful Life
  • Fraternize (Players Game, #1)
  • The Trade
Kyle Shoop is a multi-genre author of compelling stories. His new "Senses of Love" series is a romance series that provides rewarding and inspirational stories.

Kyle is also the author of the Acea Bishop Trilogy, which is an action-packed fantasy series. All books in that series are now available, with Acea and the Animal Kingdom being the first book.

At a young age, Kyle was recognized for his stor

Senses of Love (3 books)
  • The Sight of Love (Senses of Love Book 2)
  • A Taste of Love (Senses of Love Book 3)