Start by marking “Forget Me Not (Chimera, #1)” as Want to Read:
Forget Me Not (Chimera, #1)

Forget Me Not (Chimera, #1)

Deceiving the vampire that saved her could get her killed, but it's a risk she's willing to take.

When tragedy strikes, Rae makes a terrible choice and struggles with the aftermath. In the wilderness of the Tongass rainforest, she finds herself hunted by creatures of hell, monsters she never dreamed could be real.

A hidden world, an ancient race, and a secret she discovers
Published January 31st 2020 by Independently published

To ask other readers questions about Forget Me Not, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forget Me Not

Start your review of Forget Me Not (Chimera, #1)
Paige Green
Aug 11, 2020 rated it liked it
Disclaimer: I received this book from the author. Thanks! All opinions are my own.

Book: Forget Me Not

Author: Anca Antoci

Book Series: Standalone

Rating: 3.5/5

Recommended For...: Fantasy lovers

Publication Date: January 31, 2020

Publisher: indie published

Pages: 300

Recommended Age: 16+ (violence, slight gore, alcohol usage, drugs, slight sexual content, suicidal thoughts TW)

Synopsis: When tragedy strikes, Rae makes a terrible choice and struggles with the aftermath. In the wilderness of the Tongass ra
Elle Lewis
Apr 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It's difficult to write a character that is flawed but also likeable. Antoci has accomplished this in a skill that is not often seen in debut authors. The protagonist Rae is flawed, but her mistakes are endearing because of what she is going through, and that's what makes her compelling, because she is wonderfully relatable. We all have weak moments, especially when we are hurting. Antoci reflects Rae's pain vividly in the beginning of the book, which in turn immediately captivates the reader. B ...more
L.H. Pritchard
Sep 17, 2020 rated it liked it
Rating: 3 stars

This book had me perplexed slightly. I had read many books in the same vain as this one, all either dabbling in fantasy, fate and prophecy or vampires and werewolves with and without romance. But never mixing the two together in such away. I felt like things that I had read previously gave me good insight into that kind of subject matter.

There were a few niggles I had, (might just be my inner writer coming out and over analysing things.) However when it concerns vampire, as this a
Michael
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
I went into this book somewhat blind, knowing only that it would fall in the Fantasy genre. Also, I was supplied with an Advanced Reader’s Copy and already knew that this was to be the author’s first published novel.

I’m always nervous starting any new work of Fiction, especially if I’m already biased in favor of the book, for any number of reasons (it’s a sequel, well-known author, possible breakout author, etc). FORGET ME NOT was no different.

The first thing that grabbed me about the book was
Andrei Rosu
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Loved it. It is a bit obvious in the beginning that this is the first book of this author but that changes in the first few pages. The character evolution for me was really good. From a confused and hurt young girl Rae came to be at the end of this book a determined young woman. The book becomes more dynamic with each page and some of the mysteries are answered but for the others we will have to read the next books. Have a little bit of patience and you will not be disappointed! :) .
OIivia Mitchel
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
I loved the book. The action starts in a few pages, introducing Rae and a glimpse of her past. The readers get to know the character, her past and present, as the book progresses, and in the same time, the author immerses the reader in a fantasy world that is addictive and fascinating. You get to learn of different characters and the way the author writes the story it makes you want to know more. The reason I didn’t give the book 5 stars is because I would have preferred it longer 😁 (readers are ...more
Madhu MaBookYard -
Oct 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
My Rating : [🌟🌟🌟🌟]
Kindle/ IndieBlogHp/ October 2020
#mabookyardchallengeOct20
Thank you @indie_blog_hop for the review copy, which lets me give you my unbiased opinion.
This book follows our main character Rae and how she deals with the consequences of her terrible decision, and how she comes out of that moment even stronger.
TW : suicidal thoughts, blood, death of family members and monsters
•{Favourite Line}•
And then it struck her. She wasn't looking for a reason to die, she was looking for a
Ramona
Nov 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a delightful book. I was intrigued with the different twists and turns the werewolfs and vampires took. It brought to light a new way of thinking about familiar topics. I would recommend this book to anyone who would like a new perspective on the same old topics.
Rachel Joi Maples
May 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sarah Coleman
May 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this story very much so. It had a well-thought out premise with plenty of extremely interesting characters. The main character was increasingly fascinating and I never found myself wanting to quit reading the story. I finished it all rather quickly and would definitely recommend this book to others wanting to try this author out.

Jasmin
Dec 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
*This book was given to me as a gift in E-pub version.
I held my expectations low at first, since I understand that a self-published work cannot (or should not in my opinion) be compared to a book that has been published through an agency.

This was the first time I read a book by a self-published author and I respect that ALL work (editing, editing and more editing) has been done by the author herself.

Overall, I was positively surprised. There is so much potential in the author's writing and I a
Peter Buckmaster
Mar 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy-urban
This was the second book I've read recently that was outside my "comfort zone" yet I really enjoyed it. And both have been vampish! ...as in had vampires in them. Anca Antoci has written a very readable story with an intriguing & sweet lead character. There's an interesting take on the standard horror creatures which lends itself well to the modern setting and also sets up what could be a great series. I have to give a bonus point here for the series name, Chimera, as it conjures up so many imag ...more
Iseult Murphy
Mar 13, 2020 rated it it was ok
I am full of admiration for the author writing so well in English as a second language. I am impressed by anyone who can do that, especially as well as Ms Antoci. Unfortunately, this book was not for me. The author claims she started writing with fanfiction, and I would hazard a guess that it was Twilight fan fiction, firmly in the team Jacob camp. The Twilight books, and other novels started as Twilight fan fiction, have been wildly successful, and I wish Ms Antoci equal success. For me, this b ...more
Alexandra S
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a solid book for a first-time author. I must admit I don't have much experience with the vampire and werewolves genre, but I was caught in the story and, the more I read, the more I wanted to know. I liked the surprise the author had at the beginning of the book (won't say what it was :) )and I enjoyed the humor she sprinkled throughout the story. This is a YA novel for sure, but a good read even if you are not a YA anymore. After reading this first book of the series I definitely want t ...more
Mihaela
Aug 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
~ ARC received from author in exchange for an honest review ~

Be prepared for the ride of your life!
This book is action packed and it keeps you on the edge, wondering what's going to happen next. The actions builds and builds until the end making you want book 2 right away!

4 stars
Myra Mcculloch
Nov 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
A free book from Voracious Readers thank you

Book 1 in this series and it is a good launching pad for the books to follow.
Rae is marked by the Otheworld and this introduction leads us to what happens next.
Elvira
Sep 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was captivated from the start. I’m not much of fantasy books. This one however is well written with characters that are well developed and engaging. The plot was undeniably interesting and had me turning the pages.

I received a copy and am voluntarily leaving my honest review.
Pink  Conklin
May 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received this book as an ARC in exchange for a review. This book was good and interesting. Publisher did a good job writing this.
Justen Perkins
Jun 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was such an awesome read. Danger, suspense, mystery, and even romance all twisted together with paranormal makes this book really stand out. Abs the ending left you hanging to see what happens next.
M.  [storme reads a lot]
I signed up for this book blindly, I didn’t know what it was about at all. I was pleasantly surprised to find fantasy, which I do enjoy. It’s even more exciting since it’s the first novel written by Anca Antoci.

This book starts out slow, but it gets better. I was riveted once I got to the vampires, and I was able to really delve into Forget Me Not. I was a little annoyed at the start with all of the exclamation points, but it did get better. This book follows Rae on her journey after a loss and
Hollylovesbooks
Nov 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Anca kindly offered me an ecopy of her book to read and once I read the synopsis, I couldn’t say no. However, I’m so sorry it’s late.

When I read the first couple of chapters of this book it was quite slow and although the forest setting was really interesting to read, it took me at least 100 pages to get into this book.

However, like I said the world building keep me intrigued and once I got past those 100 pages I was swept up in the story. We learn things about this world as we go, as does the m
Sarah ('s Book Life)
I posted my original review of this book for the Booktamins hosted book tour on 18th March on my blog. Which you can read here , this post also has information of the other participants of the book tour. At the time of the book tour I sadly didn’t have the time write everything that I wanted for my review of the book, so I’ve decided to post a longer version of my review of Forget Me Not by Anca Antoci.

Rating: 3/5

Genres: Urban Fantasy, New Adult, Paranormal/Supernatural, Young Adult

Page count:
Sonia N.
May 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal, ebook, arc
The cover of this book is beautiful, and I found the title wondering what and if it went along with the story line. It does, Rae is a 19 year old orphan, she finished high school and finds herself in Skagwell, Alaska.
She has an aunt and finds out she has been missing for years. Feeling down and lonely, she drinks some gin and takes some pills, then wanders into the woods. The woods behind her aunts house is vast. The story line starts and I found myself surprisingly fascinated by what was going
(Ellie) ReadtoRamble
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I read this book for a blog tour and I enjoyed it so much. It is a fantasy book, but it is not too much of a fantasy, I mean, if you aren't a fan of fantasy books, I think you'll still like this book. I really enjoyed how Anca intertwined the mythical/magical creatures and their history in Rae's story. I also loved reading how Rae developed through the story, how she went from grief to determination.

The blurb was vague, but I think that it was an excellent choice because this book hooked me righ
Kacey Brook
Sep 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A debut novel from Anca Antoci. Even though English is the writer's second language she nailed it just right. I must say that I am really impressed. Not only she uses English with great confidence she also knows how to put words together. The world-building is interesting, I like how she describes the origin of vampires and other supernatural creatures. The council makes the rules and not everybody happy with them. Are Rebels going to succeed this time? And most importantly what is going to be R ...more
Satabdi
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The story grabbed me from the start and I was fascinated to learn about the Otherworld, with its magical creatures like Lycans, fairies, hellhounds, witches, demons, shapeshifters, and, of course, wolves and vampires. Parts of the book seemed reminiscent of the 2008 movie, Twilight. This did not diminish my enjoyment of the story, but I could not shake off the comparisons.

The first half of the book is devoted to explaining how otherworldly creatures came to exist, what their strengths and weakne
M.A. Leon
May 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A new take on the vampire/werewolf view! I found the scenes of the story didn't change much, and the characters were lacking sparks, either friendship or romantic, but I was intrigued by Anca's new outlook on fantastical creatures.

It's a great effort for a debut author. I hope she carries on expanding her ideas with a sequel.
Fiona
Dec 21, 2020
Teodora Antoci
Apr 10, 2020
Jamie Lynn neuner
Mar 03, 2020

• Winning Back the Duke (Rocky Royal Romance #5)
  • Fumbled (Playbook, #2)
  • The Magnificent Monsters of Cedar Street
  • The Scribbly Man (Children of D'Hara, #1)
  • Hunger for Life
  • The Messengers
  • Certain Woman of an Age
  • Knock Knock (Detectives Lockhart and Green, #1)
  • The Break Up
  • Crooked River (Pendergast, #19)
  • The Plan (The Creek Water Series, #3)
  • Jade of Bango, Volume 1
  • Starsight (Skyward, #2)
  • Feral Hearts (The Chronicles of Zaloria Book 1)
  • The Cousins
  • Brida
  • Left To Die (Adele Sharp #1)
  • 44 Chapters About 4 Men
Anca Antoci started out as a fanfiction writer and then moved on to write her own story. Thus her debut novel Forget Me Not got published in January 2020.
Her fanfiction stories are still available on her blog. Living in Romania, Anca speaks English as a second language.
Because she's a passionate reader, Anca started a blog where she reviews fantasy books called Summon Fantasy. When she's not readi