Start by marking “Jesus Ascended. What Does That Mean?: Jesus’ Final 40-Day Lesson” as Want to Read:
Jesus Ascended. What Does That Mean?: Jesus’ Final 40-Day Lesson

Jesus Ascended. What Does That Mean?: Jesus’ Final 40-Day Lesson

Discover the Power of the Ascension.

Something happened.

Jesus rose. But Christ didn't just rise from the dead. He ascended to Heaven.

We hear the stories about Peter and John and all the heroes of the New Testament, and they're unstoppable Christians--fearless and bold. And sometimes we wrongly assume that they just got that way. That Christ died for their sins, and bam! Th
Published January 20th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Jesus Ascended. What Does That Mean?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jesus Ascended. What Does That Mean?

Start your review of Jesus Ascended. What Does That Mean?: Jesus’ Final 40-Day Lesson
Leesa
Jul 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book. Sometimes I have a hard time with theology but this one did well. The language was easy to follow and keep up with. I honestly would read more if more were written about other topics of the Bible
Don Paske
Aug 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
It was very good throughout but the end was lacking. Decent points about the life after Easter.
Robin Morgan
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-own-books
I received a MOBI.file for this book from the author through a giveaway he had on LibraryThing, and the following is my honest opinion.

Anyone who is a [devout] Christian believes, knows and accepts that Jesus had died on the cross for their sins. And those who now come to the Lord for the first and take Him as their Savoir are likewise transformed and freed of their sins.

During the Lord’s time here on earth, he had been a Great Teacher, teaching anyone who would listen to Him, a far better way
Sara VA
Fascinating, modern interpretation and analysis of Jesus' last days and resurrection and ascension. Written as if the writer is speaking to you, with contemporary references it does a careful job discussing events while balancing differences across Christian faiths. (Nothing when Catholic or Greek Orthodox traditions may differ from Protestant ones).
Many, many sidebars dive into the biographies of various Biblical and historic characters - including the women, the story flows quickly. A great r
Anita
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I feel so privileged to have read this book. I’ll admit upfront that I do not find myself in complete agreement with the author in certain areas of doctrine. However, these are minor points and do not take away from the fact that this is a great analytical tool to help us understand the importance surrounding the ascension of Jesus, such as it applies to our walk with God. The work is presented in easy, accessible language, with a mild humour which makes for pleasant reading. I really found myse ...more
Kelly
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book does a great job of covering the meaning behind Easter. It was also interesting to learn about how the number 40 has been noted several times - such as 40 days of temptation, 40 years of wandering the desert, Jesus being on earth 40 days between the resurrection and the Ascension and even 40 days and 40 mights of rain for Noah. The author shows discuss this in an easy to understand format.

I received a copy of this book via Voracious Readers Only
Dave Wheeler
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This will make you think

Reviewing Christian books can be a challenge or a joy. I like to read books from authors from a different branch (for want of a better way to put it). I have a joy in having my take on things challenged it makes me ask the question why to i believe what i do on any set belief. I know what I've been taught but am i right when i read things that are different or am i wrong. Is the author right or wrong or are we both wrong or even both right. I like this dilemma it challeng
Kelsi
May 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As a long time Christian, I thought I knew the story of Jesus’ ministry and the Resurrection pretty well, but Scott’s book showed me how much more there is to the story! His snippets of humor balance out the history and make the book relatable to believers as well those with doubts searching for truth. Jesus Ascended is backed up by scripture and leaves the reader encouraged and intrigued in knowing how to experience that personal relationship with Christ.
penelope hargrave
May 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thank you for expanding so many of the teachings of Jesus. You carry us along with you, helping us over sticky patches where doubts can arise.
You talk to us straight, no soft soaping, it is not enough to know about what Jesus has done for us if we do not then commit to believing it and asking his forgiveness . Last but certainly not least we have to ask the Holy Spirit to come and dwell within our hearts , to take control of our lives so we can do his work here on earth.
Pat Eroh
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So I do not necessarily agree 100 percent with this author but I do love the book and the way it is written. I enjoy reading different aspects of Christianity and what people interpret from the scriptures. This is a great book.

John Kane
Mar 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
His Ascension for His adopted children.

A lively, eclectic look at the importance of the Ascension for Christians. Full of little details to make one pray and ponder on. The Apostles are not forgotten, and a good chapter by chapter list of points to reflect on. Overall worth rereading, sooner than later.
Drew Downs
Mar 10, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: religious
I like the book and recommend it to a general audience. Here is my review: https://drewdowns.net/2020/03/10/jesu... ...more
Bill Tyson
Mar 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A Worthy Read

His writing style put me off at first but I stuck it and am very glad I did!!! A worthwhile study of the Ascension.
Suzan
Mar 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
A w0nderful book. Scott Douglas writing style is fresh and today. He examines and explains the last days of Jesus life on earth, his resurrection and ascension in a way that is easy to understand.
Bill
Very interesting book. This book have me a better understanding of "Grace", and the sacrifice Jesus made on the cross. I have never a taught about the "Pentecost" but now I am aware of what it means. Thanks to Mr. Douglas for opening my eyes. ...more
Daniel D Reck
Jul 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great addition to your bible and bible studies.
Ron W.
Dec 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Douglas delves into the ascension, an event in the story of the life of Jesus, not covered by many authors in detail. I do recommend reading this if you're interested in the theological and existential aspects of the ascension of Jesus following his resurrection. ...more
Sara
Mar 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
** I received a free copy in a giveaway **

Interesting read that was well researched. I particularly enjoyed the 'unstoppable Christians' sections.
Mimmi
Feb 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from Voracious Readers Only and from the moment I began to read it, it was captivating. It does not read like a boring Bible study but actually reads like a fun and witty conversation between the reader and the author. The book portrays the biblical writings of the ascension of Jesus Christ with a modern view.

This book teaches the reader to not just follow the crowd when it comes to understanding this amazing act in the Bible, but instead sit back and observe and then analy
Sara Lee
Interesting book. Very easy to read and understand. Got me thinking about familiar things in a new way and if I agreed with everything or differed in some respects which is healthy.
Sara Lee
Brenda L Brandon
Jun 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An enjoyable, easy to read book about Jesus' final days on Earth after the Resurrection. ...more
Michelle
Jun 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. There were alot of parts that baffled me but it was very interesting
Mary Pauline M
Sep 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
( received complimentary e-copy in exchange for review )

Enjoyed and benefited from this book, as it led me to spend time in focus on a time period, which if I am honest, have kind of glazed over in the past. Have come away from this read refreshed, enlightened, and searching for more. Well-written in a comfortable style. Looking forward to reading more from this author. Will be revisiting this book for a more in-depth read soon.
Lydia Wallace
Oct 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book really answered a lot of questions for me. It is easy to read and understand and opens your eyes especially for people that have questions about Jesus. The questions opened my eyes and taught me a great deal. I still go back and reread this book and answer the questions. I greatly enjoyed this book. It is an easy read and you will want to keep going back and rereading it. The questions really make you think about how much Jesus loves us and how real he is. Some of the questions I have ...more
Greg Schloesser
The purpose of the book is to express the importance of Jesus' ascension, something that is truly not discussed or preached much in Christian churches. More emphasis is placed upon Jesus' death and resurrection -- which is understandable -- but his ascension is also critical to understanding our future in terms of salvation and God's love. The author does a fine job of explaining this, but truthfully didn't cover much new ground.

My favorite part of the book was the too-brief section that discuss
Anna
Aug 15, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Free copy via voracious readers, for honest review.
I’m struggling with thIs one a bit, there’s a lot of references to apocyraphal books that I’m
not sure I agree with and the writing style doesn’t sit well with me. I want to like this book and push through it but I’m not sure thats going to happen. It looks like others have felt similarly and kept reading and found it worth while so perhaps I will, if I do I will edit this accordingly. Thanks Scott for The opportunity to read this book.
Scott P.
Feb 28, 2021 rated it it was ok
Don't agree

The author presents the events leading up to the ascension as a series of lessons that somehow changed the disciples and they finally "got it". I disagree. The disciples received the Holy Spirit and He began working through them and doing His work.
The author presents a few interesting points, but otherwise, a very human interpretation of the resurrection and ascension that followed.
Pam
Aug 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a wonderful book about the importance of the ascension of Jesus. It is written in an unpretentious manner, but full of truth as well as humor. The added chapter questions at the back of the book would make this a great companion for personal spiritual growth, Bible study, or even a book club. Highly recommend.
Angela Wimberly
Nov 07, 2020 rated it liked it
I get the goal, but...

I like to read books where I learn something new, particularly about Jesus Christ. I think that was the author's goal, but... there are just too many unknowns. There ends up being quite a lot of speculation. I applaud his effort.
Csimplot Simplot
Excellent book!!!

• Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)
  • Something to Savor: Invitations to an Abundant and Beautifully Imperfect Life
  • Red Queen (Red Queen, #1)
  • Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2)
  • Undetected
  • Summer at Lake Haven (Haven Point, #11)
  • The Manipulators: Facebook, Google, Twitter, and Big Tech's War on Conservatives
  • Jesus: The God Who Knows Your Name
  • The Devil's Delusion: Atheism and Its Scientific Pretensions
  • The Way I Heard It
  • The Banty House
  • I'm from the Government and I'm Here to Kill You: The True Human Cost of Official Negligence
  • The House that Jack Built (Jack Ryder #3)
  • The Cruelest Stranger
  • Shamus Dust
  • Silence in West Fork (Pegasus Quincy Mysteries #5)
  • When She Thaws
  • in the arms of weakness