Start by marking “Cold War (Cold War #1-2)” as Want to Read:
Cold War (Cold War #1-2)

Cold War

(Cold War #1-2)

Enemies on the ice. Forbidden lovers in the locker room.

American figure skater Dev despises his Russian rival. Arrogant, aloof Mikhail is like a machine on the ice—barely ever making a mistake.

He’s also sexy as hell, which makes him even more infuriating.

Dev and his pairs partner have been working their whole lives to become Olympic champions. He needs to keep his
Published January 4th 2020 by KA Books (first published December 2nd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Cold War, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cold War

Start your review of Cold War (Cold War #1-2)
Keira Andrews
My Olympic figure skating romance is now available exclusively at Amazon:

Amazon US: http://amzn.to/2GXu6Pq
Amazon global: http://rxe.me/GJGXPM

This romance takes place at an invented Olympics in Annecy, France, since I didn’t want to tie it to any particular Games. (In this fictional universe, there are no Russian doping violations or team figure skating event.)

In the past few years, a few male figure skaters have come out, with Canada’s Eric Radford being the first to officially come out while
Teal
I put this on my "languishing in limbo" shelf -- which is intended as a temporary holding place for the books I'm taking a break from, the books I swear I'm going to get back to some day -- let's see, umm, almost 2 years ago.

Time to declare a DNF and move on, do you think? Yeah. Here's the update I made when I put it on that shelf:

"No complaints about it, would recommend it to anyone interested in its setting... But I simply cannot make myself CARE about the trials and tribulations in the lives
DarienMoya
CAUSING AN ICE MELTING

3.5

I’ve only read one Keira Andrew’s book previously and really liked it, so when I saw there was a figure skating romance being offered up by the author I had to jump on (Yuri on Ice feels anyone). This is also a enemies (rivals) to lovers story. Let’s just say, I don’t understand how they even had ice to skate on because things were hot, hot, hawt!

Dev wants to be a champion on the ice, he wants the gold for him and his partner but theres a team stopping him from
Sheri
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hot-hot-hot
I’m not a huge fan of ice skating but I AM a huge fan of all things Keira Andrews. Which is how I found myself reading this book. If the blurb sounds familiar, you may have seen or read this before because it’s a new shiny addition of an older story. I’m always grateful when authors bring back older releases; it allows us busy readers the opportunity otherwise missed to catch up. And I’m so happy I caught this fun and fiery enemies to lovers romance with an Olympian twist. With the Winter ...more
Ariana
Feb 11, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ku, lgbtq
*3,5 stars*

Keira Andrews is a writer who has never disappointed me. And The Winning Edge is definitely a good read.
'Enemies to lovers' always intrigues me, and the sparks flying between Dev and Mikhail at the beginning are pretty awesome. It is a shame that their animosity fizzles out pretty quickly. I could have easily done with a bigger helping!
Although I enjoyed the chemistry between the two men and the way their relationship unfolds, I missed something, I can't put my finger on. Maybe a bit
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, from-author, arc
This was just the perfect time for me to read this book!

It is Winter!

The Olympics are starting!

I just did a whole week layout in my planner set around skating!!

It was just meant to be!

I’m a little excited if you couldn’t tell. I really loved this book. It hit all my buttons. All of them. It mixed everything perfectly. There was enough skating, enough romance, enough family. Everything was enough.

I fell head over heels in love with these boys and felt so much for them.

Sometimes a book is
Catherine
*** 3.5 Stars ***

This content was previously released as the Cold War series. I gave Cold War 4 stars and Holding the Edge 3 stars, so I've split the difference here.

To see my brief review of Holding the Edge, click HERE.
W.
3.5 stars for an Easy to Read , Sexy Story

I enjoyed reading this uncomplicated, lighthearted, enemies to lovers, sports, MM , HEA romance story and it's cute epilogue .

Cold War: Figure Skating is low angst and drama; high on sweetness with lots of hot AF intimate times.
Debra
Reviewed for Sinfully.

It seems like the Winter Olympics brings out the ice skating fan in everyone, so what better time to read an ice skater romance. The Winning Edge is a rivals to lovers story about pairs skaters Mikhail (Russia) and Dev (US).

Fiercely competitive on the ice, the US can never seem to beat the Russian champions. Dev and Mikhail dislike each other so much, even though underneath there is something else bubbling which explodes in the locker room after a competition. This one
michaela ⚘
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, arc, 2020
Enemies to lovers AND figure skating all wrapped into one book? yes, yes and yes.

Keira Andrews is one of those authors that I know going into a book that I’ll be leaving in love with her characters and their love stories. Cold War was no different.

Nothing annoys Dev more than his rival Mikhail. He’s arrogant but he’s also attractive as heck which just makes it worse for Dev. What starts off as snarky comment in a dressing room becomes so much more and ultimately kindles this thing between
Bárbara
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*ARC provided by the author*

This was de-light-ful.

I loved getting a glimpse into the world of skating, and the complexity of its demands, that (as in many disciplines) transcend the borders of the actual work inside the rink most of the times. It was fascinating to see that machine in motion. It was equally fascinating to see how the outside world impacts on the discipline's microcosm, as well as how the job shapes the skaters' lives. I think that aspect of the story was really well-crafted,
Amy
Feb 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a great read right before the winter Olympics! And skating is definitely my favorite event!!

I loved Dev and Misha! Enemies to lovers is one of my favorite tropes if done correctly. And this was perfect! The locker room scene where they were fighting, breathing hard, and getting into each others faces? And then next thing you know they are all over each other, kissing and rutting together. OMGeee, that was amazing!

I enjoyed watching their relationship grow, even though they had their
Jess
This book was provided for free by the author and Love Bytes in exchange for an honest review.

This review was first posted to Love Bytes: LGBTQ Book Reviews. It has been slightly edited here for content.

When two ultra-competitive characters start as rivals and have their first romantic encounter in the locker room, you know you’re in for a steamy story with a lot of conflict and tension. But Dev and Mikhail (Misha) can’t deny their chemistry for long, making this a perfect enemies-to-lovers
Cadiva
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a re-release of two short stories which have been combined into a single volume and given a quick once over. I don't believe there's been any changes, I certainly didn't notice any.

It's a timely release, given the Winter Olympics start this week, and it's one of my favourite sports romances, focusing on the unlikely pairing of an Indian-born American and a Russian, both competing in the pair's figure skating.

The Russian pair have dominated for a few years and there's all kinds of
Don Bradshaw
I enjoyed the first half of this book. The story became old and tired quickly with the political sub-plot and all the hiding. The relationship between Misha and Dev seemed centered around the bedroom which was a shame.
Sue "DavinciKittie" Brown-Moore
I love everything about this story—gay romance, world-class figure skating, the vibrance of the Olympic stage—and Keira Andrews spins a gripping tale of love and lust, friendship and commitment, impulses and consequences. The writing feels authentic to the figure skating world, and the timing is perfect for readers to ride the emotional tide of Olympic energy.

The fact that this romance is multicultural is really a secondary aspect, but the clean, organic, respectful way the author pens the
R
Jan 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, reviewed
Dev and Mikhail (Misha) are world class figure skaters. Both gay, both in the closet, both in the hunt for Gold at the Olympics. Both men are devoted to their skating partners and their end game of a gold medal. Dev, because it's his ultimate goal. Mikhail, because if he takes home a gold his future and family will be safe.

The last thing they expect is the spark that ignites between them. Dev and Misha know that they are courting disaster, yet they continue to find ways to be together. A story
Erica
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a great story this is. There are even actual descriptions of figure skating routines and everything! I'm glad I read this 2-in-1 version so I got the story all in one go, and also some POV from each of the guys. Miracle of miracles, I even liked the female characters in this one.
Maygirl7
Keira Andrews is the best at sports romances. The connection between Misha and Dev was a bit too insta-lust. They’ve spent years hating each other then one day they couldn’t keep their hands off each other. However, enjoyable read nonetheless.
Tracy
The Winning Edge by Keira Andrews was first published as two novellas in 2014 as Cold War and Holding the Edge. I’m a very big fan of Ms. Andrews sports themed books and am really excited I got the chance to read this new edition.

In my eyes The Winning Edge has it all: enemies to lovers, amazing writing, electric chemistry, a little kink and lots of skating!

You can tell the author truly loves the sport because it translates so beautifully in her writing, I was really caught up in the story
I Dream of Dragons and Unicorns
// This was sweet! Not quite sure what I want to rate this yet ... this was okay for me and I liked it enough, but I didn't LIKE it, like it :-/! This felt rushed in some ways and I lost interest in some parts (so I skimmed a bit). I'll have to think about the rating ... for now, it's 2.75 stars!!

****************
Borrowed from Kindle Unlimited.

I will always state when I borrowed something from Kindle Unlimited and whether I purchased it afterward or not! Why? Well, if I've borrowed something from
Anabela.M.
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dev,the American against Mikhail,the Russian. Natural born enemies, so to speak...until they're not enemies anymore.

𝗖𝗼𝗹𝗱 𝗪𝗮𝗿 is the beautiful story of going from fierce competition to fierce love. I loved Dev and Mikhail's passion,whether they invest it in skating, in hating and eventually, loving each other. But,in their world, they can't be gay and they definitely can't be together. For them,coming out could have disastrous consequences, and I was curious to see how the author would solve
Jennie
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ice skating pairs rivals Dev and Mikhail are bitter rival on the ice.
I enjoyed watching their hate for each other dissolve into real feelings. Dev seeing a new side to the cool, untouchable Mikhail, turning into Misha.
Competition is fierce between them as they both vie for Olympic gold.
The tension between them during the competition was palpable.
Complications arise when things between them get interesting.
Great writing that had me invested in their relationship. The drama involved with them
ML
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Enemies to lovers is probably one of my favorite tropes and it is done so well in this book!
Misha and Dev’s chemistry is super intense.
I was not sure if they would end up either killing each other or overdosing on sex.

This book was SO HOT! I loved Dev and Misha as characters. Part 1 was told in Dev’s POV and Part 2 in Misha’s. This made it a very well rounded story.
I loved knowing what was going on inside each character’s mind.

AND...The end was perfect too!!
Elsi
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: sanna solin
The Winning edge is a m/m sports romance by Keira Andrews. It was previously published as a two novellas called Cold War and Holding the Edge in 2014. I hadn't read those novellas so for me this was a brand new book. And I have to say I was looking forward to reading this as I really enjoy watching figure skating and had previously already read a fab figure skating book called The Next Competitor from the author.

I think the book can be said to be bit enemies to lovers themed as the rivalry for
Emily Seelye
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, sports, arc

Dev and Misha are pairs skating rivals. Dev is gay, and until and explosive encounter in a locker room, he would have sworn the other man was straight. Since he is Russian, Misha has to hide himself until the Olympics are over, to protect everyone he loves back home.

This is told in two parts, each from one of their points of view. The road to the Olympics, including the games, from Dev’s. The aftermath, where they learn to navigate life as more than roommates, from Misha’s.

I always
Christy
Dec 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, arc
Cold War
What I really loved, right from the start, was Dev's internal monologue about coming in second to the Russians, again, and how he wouldn't mind elbowing them off the medal platform. HA! I knew it! I would totally be thinking those exact same things. When you've worked so hard, you want to win, you want to see your country's flag raised, and hear your own national anthem. So, basically, I empathized with Dev immediately and liked him even more for his refreshing honesty.

Holding the Edge
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie

5 Stars

I’m a huge fan of the olympics, both summer and winter, and figure skating is one of my favorite sports. This was a great enemies to lovers story. Rival pairs figure skaters Dev, an American, and Misha, a Russian, were perfect together. The progression from enemies to lovers felt natural and omg, once they fell into bed, well, let’s just say it was h.o.t. Hot.

While I definitely enjoyed the romance of the story, I really loved reading the skaters compete. You can tell from the author's
Nichole (DirrtyH)
Like the other KA book I read over the weekend, I'm giving it three stars because there are 4 and 5 star books I love more, but I still really enjoyed this one. Keira Andrews is my absolute favorite, I can always count on her, and her backlist is so big, I'm still finding ones I haven't read before which seems crazy.

I didn't always totally feel the connection between Misha and Dev - they definitely had scorching chemistry but beyond that I thought the relationship development was a little weak.
Allison
Mar 26, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
I really liked Dev and Misha together. I liked the idea that seeing beyond the facade of a fellow competitor can make all the difference. Plus there is a French Bulldog as a minor character, what's not to love about that?

I had problems with the editing though, don't make a point that someone is wearing pants, instead of jeans, and then have them shove their hands into their jean pockets. And really, don't state that the ball in Times Square is falling at midnight in California because. No. It's
« previous 1 3 next »

• Snow Job (Snowed In - Valentine's Inc. #5)
  • Before the Call  (Small Town Hearts, #2)
  • Stay Lucky
  • Sanctuary (Wrecked #1)
  • Daddy (Kinky Boys #1)
  • I'm Straight, Right?
  • Candy Hearts (So Over the Holidays, #2)
  • Mr. Right Now
  • Caulky (Four Bears Construction, #1)
  • Finding Finley
  • Your Wish (Kinley Island, #4)
  • A Boyfriend for Christmas
  • Angels Sing (Daddy Dearest, #2)
  • Igniting the Flame (Kiwi Guys Book 3)
  • Taste on my Tongue
  • Daiquiris and Dreams (Hearts of Snow Lake, #7)
  • After the Crash (Small Town Hearts, #1)
  • Other Than Honorable (Cabrini Law #3)
After writing for years yet never really finding the right inspiration, Keira discovered her voice in gay romance, which has become a passion. She writes contemporary, historical, paranormal and fantasy fiction, and—although she loves delicious angst along the way—Keira firmly believes in happy endings. For as Oscar Wilde once said, “The good ended happily, and the bad unhappily. That is what ...more

Cold War (2 books)
  • Cold War (Cold War, #1)
  • Holding the Edge (Cold War #2)