Start by marking “A Flock and a Fluke (Clucks and Clues Cozy Mysteries #2)” as Want to Read:
A Flock and a Fluke (Clucks and Clues Cozy Mysteries #2)

A Flock and a Fluke

(Clucks and Clues Cozy Mysteries #2)

The plot chickens…

It’s springtime in Honeytree, and Leona’s pullets are finally laying. Customers are flocking to buy her farm-fresh eggs.

But during the town’s Easter Egg Scramble, Leona finds more than hidden treasure when she stumbles on the dead body of the pastor’s wife. And the death isn’t a fluke—it was poison.

After Leona’s eggs are blamed for delivering the fatal do
Kindle Edition
Published January 30th 2020 by Hilyard Press

To ask other readers questions about A Flock and a Fluke, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Flock and a Fluke

Start your review of A Flock and a Fluke (Clucks and Clues Cozy Mysteries #2)
Kim Loomer
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cluck, cluck, cluck and lots of eggs makes Leona happy that her chickens are laying so well. But during an Egg Scramble in town she comes across a dead body and the yoke hits the fan. Leona and her best friend are trying to find out what happened and who killed the person and why. It is a very good mystery right to the end and now I am really interested to see what is going to happen in the next book. Eggs are good for you so don't miss this book.
Lola
Nov 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received a free audio copy of this book through Tantor Audio and voluntarily reviewed it.

After listening to the first book in this series I was excited to start listening to book 2. This was a great sequel and I am really enjoying this series so far. The chicken theme is a fun one and the mysteries are great.

A Flock and a Fluke takes place a few months after book 1. Leona has settled in a bit more and the chickens have started laying eggs, so her egg business is slowly starting. When Leona and
Hilary Bradley
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received this book for free for an honest review.

Hillary Avis has done it again! Another clucky adventure in Honeytree: one crazy Easter Egg Scramble, food poisoning, life-ruining potential neighbors, and a mayor that's trying to run our plucky heroine out of business and town, even if Leona doesn't exactly live in town...

Things are never dull in Honeytree, especially when Leona finds the dead body of the good Pastor Goodbody's wife during the Easter Egg Scramble. There are rumors flying left
Douglas Williamson
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Our heroine my be a bit over the hill, but that won't stop her from trying to figure out who killed the pastor's wife and is trying to kill her business.

This is book two in the series but it works just fine as a standalone. No prior reading is required.

This is a cozy mystery featuring one old goat (okay, elder lady) and a bunch of chickens. I have heard about crazy cat ladies before, but chicken ladies is something new. The story is well written and easy to read as long as you can put up with th
Molly
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: cozy mystery and pet mystery fans
Leona is hard at work with her flock of hens trying to collect enough eggs for an Easter Brunch order, when chaos happens.

Her license is threatened, someone is poisoned, by the town believes it was her eggs, the big restaurant order falls through, and a scheming mayor blocks her farmer’s market efforts.

The yolk might literally all be on Leona if things aren’t resolved soon. Attempts to move things along put her in harm’s way . New folks at the blueberry farm stir things up.

It’s all clucked up
Bernadette
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another great book by Hillary Avis. I really do enjoy these cluck reads. This story stars out with the town’s Easter Egg Scramble. Each egg is a different color and holds different amounts of money. You look for the eggs with clues given at the start. Leona decides to read the clue for the big prize and heads out to look for it. She has to cross the water to get to the other side where she saw a glint of gold that she was sure was the prized egg. Not only does she find the prized egg, but a hand ...more
Michelle
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnw-writers
In this second outing of the Clucks and Clues Series, Ms. Avis creates a broadens her cast of core characters and readers get to know each one in a bit more depth. Amateur sleuth Leona continues to develop in her style of investigation, brash and sometimes foolhardy, while continuing to grow her egg business and protect it from assault on more than one front. Leona and Ruth are relatable - both in their own individual personalities and within the bond of friendship between them. It is a complete ...more
Bev
Shelves: have-read
Leona and Ruth along with the town are after some great prizes in the town held Scramble. Leona does find the top prize...in the hand of a dead woman! The woman is the wife of Pastor Cal who is running for Honeytree mayor against Margie Morrow. Things get pretty strange as Leona tries to prove that Amelia was murdered and not an accident. Then her egg business is in jeopardy when everyone assumes that Amelia was poisoned by her eggs, and no one will buy one more of them. But who is the killer or ...more
Carol
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Finally a contender for the position of Mayor, and a real competition for manipulative, sneaky,unscrupulous Marge Morrow. OK everyone plays dirty tricks in politics, but when it includes murder, things have certainly gone too far. And when everyone points their fingers at Leona's eggs as the murder weapon, it has gone more than too far.

Second in a fun new series, a great read with lots of bits that make me smile. I really like Leona and Ruth, a true friend and Eli Ramirez, now, how can you not l
Katie  Cunningham
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love this book! Actually, I love both books in the series. Hillary Avis is a master at making humor and puns flow naturally. Leona is a smart cookie and knows what she wants, and though it seems to come in fits and starts for her, she does not give up. The story moves along nicely with twisty turns that kept my attention and, of course, the dialog is wonderful. I like that she has a solid friend in Ruth and stands right up to Eli. I can't wait for the next one!

I received and advance copy of th
Betty
Another great read From Hillary Avis. There is so much going on in Honeytree - the farm, the Easter egg hunt, the dead body, mayor race and the blueberry farm for sale. Not to mention Leona thinking that Ruth and Eli are dating. You gotta read to find out who killed the Pastor’s wife, the current mayor’s blackmailing and Leona temporarily losing her license. Leona keeps getting better and better and slowly letting her guard down with Eli. There are so many twists and turns that will keep you glu ...more
Sylvie
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading this new book from Hillary Avis. What a treat! This is a cozy mystery with funny characters and situations and you ask yourself: How will Leona get out of this situation or even how does she manage to always get in one of these!

I had nothing against chickens before but now I am hooked on Boots! Good read, good story and I will be waiting for the next one to get out!
Kat Taylor
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Any mystery reader of distinction with a sense of humor on the side
Recommended to Kat by: I was gifted this mystery by the auther
I couldn't put this mystery down until I'd finished reading it start to finish in one enjoyable evening. The caracters are vibrant and the chickens are laying. Then some one up and dies and the mystery is full of intreage and humor as well as the writing skills of Hillary Avis are sublime, there is a twist near the end of the mystery that I didn't see coming and I bet neither will you. I'ts time for you to aquier a copy and start enjoying "A Flock and a Fluke "as much as I have. 😀🙄☺ Kat
blueyed_cntry_girl
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!!! Leona goes back to her hometown, best friend and ex sweetheart from high school, after her divorce. She is raising egg laying chickens. But what happens after she gets her business up and running, selling eggs to local businesses, could really destroy her business and her life. Gotta love a small town and all their antics.

I received this as an ARC for my honest and voluntary review.
Bobbi
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Chickens, chickens everywhere and plenty of eggs to eat. This is a fun book. You will love Leona who is stubbornly trying to make her second chance at life a success. A murderer is afoot and she is the only one who believes. Can she solve the mystery before her dream of a successful chicken farm becomes a distant memory? A really good cozy mystery.
David Berg
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received a free advance review copy of this book and am voluntarily providing my honest review. I absolutely love this series, almost (but not quite) makes me wish I had a Boots. Who knew a race for a small town mayor would cause so much uproar. Leona is in the middle of the uproar, even if she does not live in town. I really liked this book and recommend it, you will love it.
Janet Graham
Eggstraspecial Small Town Cozy Mystery
This fun cozy mystery is the second in a series. It has both small town and egg farm humor. There is a mystery to solve, an election to watch and eggs to sell. This story can stand alone but will be a bit better is read in order. I received this ARC book for free from the author and this is my honest opinion.
Teri Griffis
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received an ebook from the author. This is my honest, voluntary review. I love this series already! Even though there are murders the books are filled with humorous situations from the characters while searching for the perpetrator. The characters are well developed with their own personalities. Very enjoyable read! 📚
Carrie
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this. A small town with alot of secrets. When a body is found Leona’s eggs are blamed and no one in town wants to buy eggs from her, some not really nice people would like to buy the property next door to her and change everything. I love this series. Can't wait for more.

A review copy of this book was sent to me by the author. All of the above opinions are my own.
Carolann Hiller
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Chickens

Chicken farming means eggs. Lots and lots of eggs. When a death occurs after eating Leona's eggs at the cafe. No one wants to buy her eggs and they pile up. Then another close call takes the mayor to the hospital. Leona's the only one who knows that both so called accidents are really murder. Great read
Barb Foerst
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
Leona’s farm is clucking along. Things are looking good for her chicken farm. Then the Easter Egg Hunt arrives and the preacher’s wife is found dead-presumed killed by Leona’s eggs. Now Leona has to find the murderer and save her farm.

Great second installment of the new Clucks and Clues series. Great characters and I enjoyed the story.
Jodi Bennett
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Leona has a chicken farm outside of town and she likes being separate from the rest of town. It is election season and we have the prospects for Mayor. There is an egg hunt for the adults as well and the prizes are cash! Leona of course stumbles upon a body and let the fun begin. This is a really fun easy read and I look forward to the coming books in this series.
Maria E.
Sep 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
You've gotta Love this book!

My rating choice fits perfectly. A star for a great plot! A star for a feisty never-give-up heroine! A star for a delectable love interest! A star for a despikable grrrr! A star for the Househen and her adorable compadres! And an extra gold star for wishing she was my neighbor!!! Read it, you'll love it! 💖🐱🐾
Charlene
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a really fun read! Leona was selling fresh eggs but discovered a dead body of the paster's wife and now no one will buy her eggs! The Paster's wife was poisoned and everyone believes her eggs are to blame. Lots of twists and turns will keep you reading! I loved the book.
Barbara
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
How could an Easter Egg Scramble go so wrong? This PG13 cozy mystery provided me occasional and bedtime reading for a week, but could probably be finished in a long afternoon. I received an ARC and this voluntary review is my own opinion.
Aiden T. Rushing
Oct 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Leona discovers more than she bargained for during her small town's Easter Egg Scramble. When the pastor's wife is murdered, her small town gets caught up in politics. Avis' writing is clever, clean, and creative. A stellar second book in the Clucks and Clues Cozy Mysteries.
Ruth
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Nice light clean read. Amusing dialogue. Enjoyable and believable characters. Will be looking forward to the next book in the series
Mary Heiner
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This story was very good. The story line and the characters made her story real. And the chickens helped too. You will enjoy this book.
Sherry Burns
I Love this series!!!

I couldn't read fast enough. It was excitment and joy on every page. I can't wait for the next book.
Dorothy Montgomery
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
good fun read, I love how the cast of charters are coming along! the usual twist and turns then, the the mystery is solved!! cant wait for the next book. read the books in order!

• Till the Cat Lady Sings (Bought-the-Farm Mystery #4)
  • Dogcatcher in the Rye (Bought-the-Farm Mystery #1)
  • Dark Side of the Moo (Bought-the-Farm Mystery #2)
  • A Streak of Bad Cluck (Bought-the-Farm Mystery #3)
  • Mooved to Murder (Chelsea Lawson #1)
  • Address For Murder (A Mail Carrier Cozy Mystery #2)
  • Deadly Dog Days (Dog Days Mystery #1)
  • Alpaca Lies (Bought-the-Farm Mystery #5)
  • All She Wrote (A Mail Carrier Cozy Mystery #3)
  • Return to Sender
  • Phony Photos (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #16)
  • Murder, She Goat (Hill Country #1)
  • Farmer in the Dead (A Chelsea Lawson Cozy Mystery #2)
  • Kicked the Bucket (Chelsea Lawson #3)
  • Chattering Chipmunks (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #18)
  • Despicable Desserts (Cozy Corgi Mysteries #17)
  • Stamped Out (A Mail Carrier Cozy Mystery #1)
  • Strawberry Sin (A Mission Inn-possible Cozy Mystery Book 2)

Clucks and Clues Cozy Mysteries (2 books)
  • A Cop and a Coop (Clucks and Clues Cozy Mysteries #1)