Start by marking “Hard to Lose (Play Hard, #4)” as Want to Read:
Hard to Lose (Play Hard, #4)

Hard to Lose

(Play Hard #4)

I know finding and signing a military vet to the agency is a long shot--but it’ll be good press just letting him try out. That’s what I tell my family, rather than admit I can’t get the letter he wrote us five years ago out of my head.

But what I tell the bartender in his hometown is a lie. I know veterans protect each other. So I pretend to be a graduate student.

Sparks.
Published March 30th 2021 by JKB Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Hard to Lose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hard to Lose

Start your review of Hard to Lose (Play Hard, #4)
K. Bromberg
Mar 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

Kincade Sports Managment.
That's widowed dad-boss Kenyon Kincade and his four daughters.
The final daughter to go find her happily ever after is the youngest: Chase.
She wants to find a guy they wanted to recruit a few years ago. They recently received a letter from him, a letter that was lost for five years. And now Chase needs to know his story. Maybe she can get some good press for the company out of the whole thing.

Ryan, now known as Gunner, is running a bar in a small Virginia town and it's s
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
4 STARS
She’s heaven. She’s hell. She’s the temptation I can’t resist and the torture I willingly put myself through, so I can watch her come undone before I get mine.

swoony sigh
Now y'all, I don't typically go for those cinnamon roll heroes, but man did this one hit the spot for me. Every now and then a girl just needs a hero that's sweet, supportive, kind, who is just too good to be true. And Gunner was all of those things and more.

Now I've been waiting a long time for Chase's book.
Michele
Mar 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Hard To Lose is my favorite book in this series! I just love the background story on Gunner that shaped him into the man he is today. The relationship he develops with Chase is heartwarming, sizzling, romantic, and angsty. I can't say enough good things about this storyline. Kristy Bromberg has given us everything we have come to love in a romance in this story. It's one I will read again. If you only read one romance novel this year, Hard to Lose is the one I'd choose for you to read.
✰ Liz ✰
"Maybe she needs a cause to fight for."
description

Hard to Lose is the fourth book in the Play Hard Series. A series based on a family of sports agents, each book in the series is full of passion and heart. Chase Kinkade has been on the sidelines watching her sisters find their match and all she can do is keep working hard to achieve her professional goals. When the opportunity comes for her to follow up on a former recruit that joined the military instead of signing on to play professional ball, she go
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4.5 'Dance in the rain with me' Stars!
ARC provided via Valentine PR in exchange for an honest review.

Chase Kincade is next in K. Bromberg’s Play Hard series and I have to say (at the start) I was not as curious about her as with the other Kincade sisters. She was not about love and all about work. But now, after reading her emotional love story with Gunner, I am so happy she cracked her shell and found her happy ever after. And who better than a sexy veteran turned bar owner (who very sadly lost
Syndi
May 19, 2021 rated it liked it
I am actually between 2 and 3 stars for Hard to Lose. At the end, I decided I do not hate this book nor like it. So I put it under 3 stars.

The story is boring and min angst. The plot is boring and flat. The story is still OK to enjoy. But nothing more. The relationship between Chase and Gunner is also flat. I keep wanting something more. More drama, more angst, more steam. This book is from Miss Bromberg after all.

Well, like I said Hard to Lose is OK read. Have a lot of potential but not well
VB Book Reviews
4 Stars!

SafeHavenKissy

"Dance in the rain with me."

Believe it or not, this was my first read by this author. I KNOW!! Another one where I am punching my own face over here! I really want to go back and read this entire series now as well as a bunch of her backlist. But, I can tell you that this can totally be read as a stand alone.

What a refreshing read!!

I love me the alpha bad boys and the anti heroes, but every once in a while, it's so nice to read about a hero who's a nice guy, a vet,
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Mar 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
4.5 It’s Always Been You stars!
(ARC provided by Valentine PR)

02C0D38D-03AA-4180-B00A-75F1670BA817

Chase Kincade is the youngest of four sisters from New York working for their family business Kincade Sports Management. She's a type A personality who accomplishes all the goals assigned to her. She's driven, confident, independent, and highly competitive. Always up for a challenge she is the sister who goes above and beyond to get new contracts and clients for their agency. She works with top athletes, and is fierce and ambitious
Wendy'sThoughts
Feb 08, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: K. Bromberg Fans, Romance
4.5 Together They Healed Stars
* * * * 1/2 Spoiler Free
Sometimes you can love a story
even when it starts off where you personally don't want it to. I happened to really love the majority of this book...but I would be lying if I didn't share the one thing that made me annoyed from the start. I hate it when there is a built-in concept of withholding the truth about something, knowing at some point it is really going to suck when it is revealed.

There ...I said it. Now I am not revealing anything t
Anne OK
Apr 03, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2021-reads

So much more than a romance – a knockout addition to The Play Hard Series. K. Bromberg always balances the light-hearted and somber tones, the highs and lows that bring laughter one minute and teary eyes the next – she’s very good at arousing emotions that run the gamut from heartache and misery to hope and love.

Gunner is an amazing hero – a good guy, through and through. A little broken and guilt-ridden, but handsome, strong, caring and truly noble. In my opinion, one of Bromberg's best-writte
Corinne
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
When a letter arrives 5 years late to Kinkade Sports Management (KSM) an idea is seeded in Chase’s mind and she decides to see if she can make it work. The letter is from a promising super fast baseball pitcher, declining an invitation to meet with them. Ryan Camden could have potentially had an amazing career in MLB but he walked away from it never to be heard from again.

Chase sets out to find Ryan Camden. She is curious about what became of him and when she discovers he is now an ex-veteran sh
Bookgasms Book Blog
Mar 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: missy
Run, don’t walk to get yourself a copy of Hard to Lose! You don’t want to miss this fantastic friends-to-enemies-to-friends-to-lovers romance between Chase and Gunner!

Hard to Lose is book four in the fantastic Play Hard series—seriously, this series just keeps getting better and better! I know I’ve been dying to see just what happens when Chase finds a man worthy of her love. And wowza, Gunner is that man and more!

There are so many hurdles these two needed to jump over on their way to their happ
Gi's Spot Reviews
Apr 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: auto-read-author, arc
5 ‘My Dreams’ Stars

O..M...G... The swooniest of the sigh worthiest if HEROES is here. Literally a HERO that forever stole my heart! And his heroine is equally mind blowingly amazing! Yep, true Couple Gold! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Kimberly (a_romance_a_day)
Full review to come but wow. Just wow. Gunner is beyond-words-amazing. The angst is there, the heartbreak and dealing with scars, past pain, and trying to find hope. Gunner and Chase have a deep understanding for one another and to see them just *know* when the other needs them to just support or to say something is truly beautiful.

~

Hard to Lose is the least “sports romance” of the series and our hero is a former baseball star turned military man. I buddy read this with @booksandbubbs and she ca
Apr 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
****AVAILABLE NOW****

5 STARS

I was absolutely swept away by this story. Chase and Gunner’s romance captivated my heart.

To be honest, I do not generally love a military romance / military hero. It is just isn’t my go-to, but I loved Gunner. The man he is in this book was just swoon-worthy, and his broken past only served to make him more endearing. He is one of my favorite characters of the series.

Like the previous heroines of this series, I love that Chase is a female sports agent, someone maki
❤️Emma Book Lover ❤️
4 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

🖤Follow me on Instagram for more edits🖤

I actually thought this is going to be the last book in this series, so it was a bittersweet feeling reading it , imagine my surprise when the author announces at the end that she cannot say goodbye to this series without one las character having his hea {Finn Sanderson} 🤩🤞.

Although this book doesn’t put accent on “sports” as much as the previous ones do , it still can be considered sports romance , Gunner having the opportunity to be a great pit
NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books}
***5 "FUBAR!!!" stars***

OUT NOW!!!

"Love isn't something you set out to achieve.
It's something that happens unexpectedly."

Is it possible for every addition in the "Play Hard" series to be even better than the previous one???
Yes, it really is.
I love so much K. Bromberg's writing. Every book of hers had depth and it's filling me with so much emotion that it makes it impossibly hard to let go of these characters and their stories.
If you haven't tried this series yet, you have to fix it immed
TheGuideToRomanceNovels
Mar 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
project_20210224_1325556-01
Wow, the angst and emotions in this one. As always you can find my full REVIEW and more on my BLOG -> CLICK HERE
Yamina -Women Who Stare at Books
I know we are not supposed to have favourites but...
THIS IS MY FAVOURITE!

K. Bromberg writes so beautifully & with such insight into the most harrowing of circumstances.

I have loved reading every story about the Kincade's sisters, but Chase and Gunner was everything!

Chase's sisters have all find the love of their life and now they have nothing better to do then getting involved in Chase’s business. They are all adamant that she should date more…

Their father, Kenyon Kincade wants more for their
... Lost  In Bookland...
Jul 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
All those who have read the previous stories that come out of the pen of this remarkably talented author, I believe were more than eager to read the story of Chase Kincade, which was next in K. Bromberg's Play Hard series. And trust me, you will not be disappointed. I loved the emotions that were simply dripping from the pages….
Covered truths, unspoken opinions, deceit..... the beginning is not great, but behind every lie there is a truth that brings both joy and pain. How long can it last? What
Erin Lewis
Mar 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
5 star review Hard to Lose (Play Hard #4) by K.Bromberg
Having read the previous books in this series I couldn’t wait to read to Hard to Lose. I was riveted to the story Ms.Bromberg wove, from the first to the last chapter about Chase Kincade and Gunner (Ryan) Camden.
This book ticked all the boxes for me and I fell hard and fast for Gunner. When a letter from a soldier falls into Chase’s hands she feels an instant connection and decides to pursue it. Meeting Gunner under false pretense, Chase is
Stephanie
Mar 24, 2021 rated it liked it
I haven’t read the previous books in this series, but this definitely can be read as a stand alone. Unfortunately, this was a miss for me. It was well written and I loved the hero, Gunner, but the heroine and the conflict totally ruined this. I did not enjoy reading this and kept putting it off. As someone who lost a parent, you would think I would be able to connect with Chase, but her character was so abrasive and she really rubbed me the wrong way. I also couldn’t stand the conflict. I just k ...more
Dali
K. Bromberg continues her “Play Hard” series with Hard To Lose, the story of sports agent Chase Kinkade and veteran Ryan Camden who had once aspired to play in the MLB.

Even though baseball had been his sanctuary, Gunner Camden the soldier had to give up on it. And after surviving his deployment he settled into his life as a bar owner and volunteer until the most confident woman he’s ever seen walks into his bar like a breath of fresh air and sunlight, tilting his world on its axis.

After rec
PP's Bookshelf
Mar 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
K. Bromberg always make me feel every single emotion so deep in my heart. Hard To Lose was no exception. This poignant and alluring sports romance has burrowed into my soul and I am emotionally wrecked. My heart is overflowing. My soul in romance heaven. Pure perfection and brilliance from K. Bromberg.

This story is a mix of sports romance, military romance and small town romance. Sounds fascinating, right? Chase Kincade is fully immersed in work for her father's sports management agency. She doe
Angie Schexnaildre NOLA504nerds
This is an honest review for an arc received.

“Love isn’t something you set out to achieve. It’s something that happens unexpectedly.”

Chase Kincade is the youngest of the Kincade sisters. While all of her other sisters are in love and having children, these things are the furthest from Chase’s mind. When a letter written to her father, that has been lost in the mail for 5 years, crosses her desk, Chase is determined to find out who Ryan Camden is. The letter emits feelings Chase can’t explain. Sh
Manoela
4.25 Stars

It's time to get to know the story of Chase, the youngest of the Kinkade sisters. In Hard To Lose, the fourth and final book in the Play Hard series brings a captivating, light and romantic story that won me right on the front pages.

Chase, is the youngest of the family, a strong, independent woman, focused on her career and who doesn't have time for a serious relationship. When she finds a letter that was written by a veteran and arrived at her agency 5 years later she feels the need
Jo
Mar 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-team
Okay, so Gunner is my absolute FAVE!!!!

I've said this about every hero this series has given us but this time, I mean it!

Full of emotion this book pulls at your heartstrings and really makes you stop and think.

Chase as the youngest has seen all of her siblings find love and knew that it wouldn't happen the same for her - she has goals and wants to reach them.

Gunner is overloaded with emotions from his past. From his childhood to his time serving in the military - anger, guilt, sadness. He live
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
When a letter from a soldier falls into Chase Kincaid's hands she immediately feels a connection. A connection so strong she needs to find this man and bring some of what he lost back to him in one way or another. But in order to find the once aspiring baseball player, she needs to travel to a small military town under false pretenses in order to locate him. Sparks immediately fly between Chase and the bartender at the local bar. Thinking he will help her locate the pitcher she continues to fabr ...more

• Swoony Billionaire: The Kline Brooks Collection
  • Tequila Rose
  • Slade: Not every girl loves a bad boy (Five Kings Book 2)
  • Fighter's Best Friend (Crown MMA Romance, #2)
  • Could Have Been Us (Willow Creek Valley #2)
  • The Devil Wears Black
  • Jordan's Justice: A New Adult Sport Romance (Tessa and Jordan Book 2)
  • Love Is In the Air Volume 1
  • The Longest Run (Lawson Family #4)
  • Happily Ever After
  • Crave (Clark Family Series Book 1)
  • Distorted (Alabaster Penitentiary, #1)
  • Twisted Secrets (Deadly Isles Special Ops #1)
  • Stormy's Thunder (Satan's Devils MC Utah #2)
  • Matching Miriam
  • A Discovery of Secrets and Fate (Chronicles of the Stone Veil, #2)
  • Daddy's Girl (Freshwater, #3)
  • Mourning Wood
New York Times Bestselling author K. Bromberg writes contemporary novels that contain a mixture of sweet, emotional, a whole lot of sexy, and a little bit of real. She likes to write strong heroines, and damaged heroes who we love to hate but can’t help to love.

A mom of three, she plots her novels in between school runs and soccer practices, more often than not with her laptop in tow.

Since publish

Play Hard (5 books)
  • Hard to Handle (Play Hard #1)
  • Hard to Hold (Play Hard #2)
  • Hard to Score (Play Hard, #3)
  • Hard to Love (Play Hard, #5)