Start by marking “Release” as Want to Read:
Release

Release

From USA Today Bestselling Author Aly Martinez comes an emotional new standalone.

Growing up, Ramsey Stewart branded my soul in ways time could never heal.

At twelve, he asked me to be his girlfriend.
At thirteen, he gave me my first kiss.
By sixteen, we’d fallen in love, planned a future together, and had our eyes set on the horizon.

Love never fails, right?
But for
Published January 4th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Release, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Release

Start your review of Release
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
3.5 - 3.75 Stars

I'm not really in the reviewing mood today, but I want to get something up here before I completely forget to do so...

I am a huge Aly Martinez fan. She has penned some of my all time favorites. Here are some links to my reviews of said favorites for your perusal, if interested. Or just so you know which ones I am talking about:

The reason I list those is because,
Christy
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-five-stars
5 stars

photo IMG_5642_zpswapqaqvz.png
"Sometimes you have to let go of the life you planned in order to live the one you're given."

Aly Martinez writes the best friends to lovers stories. They always have so much heart and give me so many feels. Some of her older books (Fighting Silence especially) are some of my favorite romances of all time. It's been a while since she wrote a book that gave me those same kind of feels, but Release did just that.

Ramsey Stewart and Thea Hull meet when they're kids. Even though
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
24993460-SX540
RELEASE

'RELEASE:' Is a coming of age, full length romance, standalone novel by Aly Martinez. Spoken in 'Dual Perspectives.'

This was the perfect escape away from the silly season, there’s nothing I would change about this book, a slow burn that got its hooks into me chapter by chapter, So easy to get into, so hard to put down!.. Oh how I loved these two! Soul mates from the age of ten, first kiss, first love, first heartache, first everything. An emotional rollercoaster, a twist in the plot that
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FIVE STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

His lips were soft.
His tongue was timid.
And his hands were gentle as they glided up my back.
Compared to the frenzied passion we’d later discover with each other, that kiss was tame.
But with that first kiss, Ramsey sealed our promises. Promises that would change us for the better, for the worse, and for everything in between.
Unfortunately for us, not long after that, the worse became all we knew.

Get ready to have your mind completely blown
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth

GENRE: Contemporary Romance
THEMES & TROPES: Second-Chance, Friends to Lovers
RATING: All of the Stars
CLIFFHANGER: No

READ MY REVIEW ON THE BLOG (live on Jan 2nd)

Time and timing is the theme that drives RELEASE. The time when Ramsay Stewart entered Thea Hull's life. The time it took for them to become friends. When they shared their first kissed. When they went far beyond kissing for the first time. And when
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
<3 4 STARS <3

I really liked this one, I feel like it was a long time since I read a book from Aly Martinez!The last book I read was ok but this one was fantastic!It was emotional, angsty and heartwarming! I loved the romance and the characters were well developed!

“Sometimes you have to let go of the life you planned in order to live the one you’re given.”

Get ready for an emotional roller coaster that will keep you on edge!I loved their connection and how they make me feel everything!Thea
Dilek VT
Jan 03, 2020 marked it as can-t-wait
A guy who is in prison for killing the boy who assaulted the girl he loves.
A guy who tells her not to wait for him.
But she waits... she waits for him for 12 long years.

***

I have been waiting for this book and craving for it for the past months and now, it is free on Kindle Unlimited, yayyyyyyyyy :)

Jennifer Kyle
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
”...the two of us were a pair of wings. One was worthless without the other.”

5 Stars - I loved this one!!!
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
20191225_001633.png

When I first started this book, I had no idea what I was going to get besides heartbreak. This author has always managed to give her readers something different while still having a beauty in the story. Release is a friends to lovers romance that will give you heartbreak, fill you with hope, and make you believe in the power of love all over again

How could one tragedy change the course of your life? One significant moment and poof, the life that you knew, is suddenly gone. Well for The past
arini ★彡
Dec 31, 2019 rated it liked it

i did not come here for puppy love. i came here expecting a heart wrenching second chance at love story from an ex felon who was convicted of killing the pig that assaulted his then girlfriend. im extremely salty i got more of the former than the latter.

my problem with childhood friends to lovers/second chance romance is always the same: the flashbacks or the two paralled stories we often get comparing the characters' then relationship to their now. in most cases, it ends up being the
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4.5 STARS

“I can’t do this without you.”
“Do what?” I asked.
He lifted one shoulder in a half shrug. “Breathe.”

Aly Martinez is the queen of feels and plot twists. The woman will tug at every heart string you have and then turn your world upside down with a twist you never see coming. And Release brings both of those things in spades. MAN. My heart. My whole heart.

Thea and Ramsey owned my heart from the very first chapter. Martinez takes you on a spellbinding journey as they meet as children.
Tianna✸loves books✸
The plot is good. H and h are best friends since childhood and then in love but something happens which ends up with the H going to prison. He killed a guy who assaulted her. She waited for him for 12 years feeling guilty. But after coming out he doesn’t want to do anything with her. Infact he told her to move on and that he doesn’t love her when he was in the prison.

The chapters began with how they met and their friendship began and then how he went to the prison.
And then the present where the
Fre06 Begum
 Leo (Queen of the Rants)
Jessica
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Going into this one, I decided to not even read the synopsis and go in blind. When it started, I enjoyed how the author decided to show us how the two characters met and how their friendship bloomed over their childhood. All you knew in the beginning was that the guy was in prison and had cut off communication from the main character. We get to see Ramsey and Thea learn to really trust each other when they're young, become best friends, and then become lovers. The relationship in this was very ...more
The Book Bee
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
REVIEW: 4 STARS

So, yeah. Aly Martinez had me all up in my feelings again with this one. WAY up. But the two most prevalent ones had me laughing at one point and smiling from ear to ear the next - hilarious anecdotes and deep discussions of the past providing a serious emotional barricade. But that certainly doesn't negate the fact that a twist thrown in there didn't just make me gasp like, "no biggie!"
CC
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, f-br, feels, damaged

At ten years old, Thea Hull’s life irrevocably changed when she lost her mother and simultaneously gained a friend. From that moment forward, counting time and possible future moments became second nature. As Thea matures, she remains true to what she believed her life could be.

“I didn’t know it then, but that day, Ramsey Stewart saved my life. And six years later, I’d repay him by ruining his life.”

When Ramsey Stewart moved to a small town in Georgia, he had hoped to make a new life at only
Wil Loves Books!
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020, arc
I love Aly Martinez and her books, she’s just such an awesome writer and her books always bring all the feels. This was no exception. I truly loved this one, it’s not my favorite Aly book but it was really good nonetheless. This is a childhood friends to lovers, second chance story that kept me hooked from beginning to end. It also had some twists and turns that I just didn’t see coming.

Overall I loved the story and felt for both characters and what they endured. However, I felt that the ending
~Dawn~TUG
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Aly Martinez always delivers, with her words, characters, stories, the amount of ins and outs, heart, and all the FEELS. She has us believing one thing and BAM, you are served with another twist and turn to pull your heart right out of your chest. She completely owns you while you read this story of first love, second chances, choices made, feelings displaced and some that never ever went away. I can't recommend this story enough. Ramsey and Thea will steal your soul and have you cheering, ...more
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
description

‘To explain how I fell in love with Thea Hull, I’d need to go back to the beginning. Fair warning, this is not a story of hearts, flowers, and romance. That would call come later. But in the beginning, my love for Thea was born out of death, broken hearts, and desperation.’

Release by Aly Martinez is an achingly beautiful and tragic love story about two young lovers whose lives would be forever altered in one tragic night. It is an emotional standalone that tells a story of childhood friends to
Dora Koutsoukou
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-5-stars
4,5 s

Captivating, emotional, a beautiful love story

My heart broke through Ramsey and Thea’s journey.
“The two of us were a pair if wings. One was worthless without the other.” Thea

Two young innocent, broken souls looking for affection.
“We were two lonely people who relied on each other.” Thea

And as they were growing up, their feelings grew along.
‘In that tree, suffering alone and also together, I fell in love with her like the stars falling from the sky.” Ramsey

And later, apart from the
~♡AB♡~
Loved the first half of this book when they were kids, the friends to more than friends journey from 11 - 16 was fabulous

Second half let me down a little, but only because it felt a bit rushed.

Would recommend though - it's well worth the read for fans of second chance romances.

3.5 Stars
Bookgasms Book Blog
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ratula
AHHH!! Release was a second chance love story of the ages!!! Aly Martinez rips your heart out, drowns you in angst and slowly mends all your wounds with heartfelt lifelong promises and swoony moments. I LOVED release as it was raw, gritty, poignant and so gripping. I was consumed with every word and could not stop reading! This was a marvelous story coupled with Martinez's masterful and incomparable talent! I was spellbound!

Oh my Lord. I can't even come up from air from this story without
Lo Bookfrantic
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-review-ng, f-br

4Stars

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Type:Standalone
POV:First Person – Dual

"Love changes a man - even when he's not yet a man at all."

Thea Hull at a very young age learned grief; the lost of her mother should of have been the worse for her except it wasn't. When she lost her mother she felt she lost her father as well as he dealt with his own grief.
"Our bond was sewn into the very fabric of our lives. Without Ramsey Stewart, there was no Thea Hull."

Ramsey Stewart was the new kid in
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-top-fave
I have never read an Aly Martinez book... I have several on my kindle and it's just not having enough time to keep up that has kept me from reading one of her books. I wanted to start off this year reading books from authors I have never read before and after reading the blurb, I knew that I wanted this to be my first Martinez book. And WOW... what a masterpiece!
I love the friends to lovers/second chance romance trope and this was right up my alley.
I laughed, I cried (the tears omg!), I smiled
Jessica Alcazar
My heart is on fire!! I just cannot with this woman.....

I know there’s a bazillion reviews on this book already. I don’t know how many you guys will read or not read or whatnot. Don’t read them, read them, whatever … it doesn’t matter. Why? Because you shouldn’t need a review to decide to read an Aly Martinez book. You just do it. If you don’t just do it then .. I don’t know. Not trying to judge (maybe) but you might not be right in the head. KIDDING. Maybe. *shrug*

This woman is talented. I have
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: January 5, 2019
Actual Rating: 4.5 stars

Contemporary Romance | Second Chances | Romantic Suspense

I haven’t read many of Aly’s novels but the ones I have read have been enjoyable. Release is a standalone, contemporary romance of second chances and redemption. This book is HIGH in emotions and SLOW in terms of the burning fire of love. Not only that, this is a unique story and one that is certain to leave an impression on any reader. This book isn’t without twists and turns
Betül
**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**

- 3.5 stars -

"Thea and I were two of a kind. Lost. Broken. Forgotten. Stuck."

Release is a fast-paced childhood friends-to-lovers romance. I always get very excited when I see that Aly Martinez is releasing a new book. Release started out really good, and the prologue had me intrigued to see how Ramsey and Thea got together. I was happy that the past was shown in one big piece, instead of inserting flashbacks every other chapter. I loved how these
AJ
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it

From the moment I read the blurb of this book I knew I had to have it. Not only is it Aly Martinez, but a dramatic and emotional second-chance-romance where the hero is sent to prison for defending his love? OMG, yes! I was sucked in from the very beginning and I relished in the rollercoaster ride, and I freaking loved it!

Thea and Ramsey met as children. On the day when 10-year-old Thea lost
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020

Turning Pages At ...: Release by Aly Martinez 45 32 Jan 09, 2020 04:10AM

• Come Back for Me (Arrowood Brothers, #1)
  • Devious Lies (Cruel Crown, #1)
  • Landon & Shay: Part Two (L&S Duet, #2)
  • Credence
  • The Guy on the Left (The Underdogs, #2)
  • Enemies
  • Manhattan (Becker Bothers, #3)
  • Focused
  • Hearts and Thorns (Magnolia Cove, #3)
  • Wait for Me
  • The Living Canvas (Master of Trickery Duet, #2)
  • The Younger Man
  • Lust Hate Love (Fallen Angel, #4)
  • Landon & Shay: Part One (L&S Duet, #1)
  • A Favor for a Favor (All In, #2)
  • Overnight Service (Always Satisfied, #4)
  • Mistletoe Over Manhattan
  • Liar (Voyeur, #5)
Born and raised in Savannah, Georgia, Aly Martinez is a stay-at-home mom to four crazy kids under the age of five- including a set of twins. Currently living in South Carolina, she passes what little free time she has reading anything and everything she can get her hands on, preferably with a glass of wine at her side.

“I’d often wished we had a cool story about when our relationship transitioned from that of tolerating each other to discovering we were two halves of one soul. But the truth is Thea and I evolved much like the seasons: slow, steady, and unstoppable.” 2 likes
“Love changes a man – even when he’s not yet a man at all. We were friends, but Thea was still quiet, stoic, borderline rude a lot of the time. However, in that tree, suffering alone and also together, I fell in love with her like the stars falling from the sky.
Thea made me feel.
It didn’t take long before I was utterly addicted.”
2 likes