Start by marking “The Secrets We Held (Secrets and Truths Duet, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Secrets We Held (Secrets and Truths Duet, #1)

The Secrets We Held

(Secrets and Truths Duet #1)

Born and raised in West Palm Beach, its time for Kate to move to Miami, spread her wings, and have the time of her life.

Wings are easily broken.

Deception masks itself as love while it slowly consumes every inch of her world. Lies spin into a web, trapping her in a nightmare she believes to be a fairy tale.

Fairy tales only live in fables.

Soon, her body will be
Kindle Edition
Published February 26th 2020 (first published February 21st 2020)

To ask other readers questions about The Secrets We Held, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Secrets We Held

Start your review of The Secrets We Held (Secrets and Truths Duet, #1)
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
24993460-SX540
secret
'THE SECRETS WE HELD' is the first full length new adult| romance book in E.K. Blair's 'Secrets and Truths' duet. 'Spoken in Dual Perspectives.' May cause triggers for some.

MY REVIEW AND OTHERS: can also be found on my blog:
➽ KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

When I found out that E.K. Blair was bringing us a binge worthy duet my anticipation levels skyrocketed out of the roof! The beginning was a wee bit shaky, then around the middle mark I was hooked, I saw then where the author was
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: February 26, 2020
Actual Rating: 4.5 stars

New Adult | Emotional Romance

The Secrets we Held is an achingly raw and emotional read that is sure to break the hearts of any reader. I had no idea what I was getting into when I first started reading this book and when things started to become apparent my heart DROPPED. Not because I didnt want to read about the subject but because its so haunting and devastating that my heart breaks for the characters and anyone who must deal with
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
20200311_215429.png

E.K Blair is a master when it comes to creating unique telling stories and one of a kind characters. She makes you a part of their world and you cant help but to feel something for her characters even if they bring out a side in you that you hardly recognize.

The Secrets We Held is a complicated love tringle that is guaranteed to have you going through all of the emotions. I knew what this book was going to be about before Im started it and I was more than okay with that because this author has
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
EK has a flair for making you feel in the toughest of scenes and stuns you with shocking truths she hides within.
This story starts with bunch of young college goers, who are living their carefree life, attending school, facing tough home assignments, playing sports and partying
And their top passion is surfing. Especially Kate, who's quite talented and adept. Her and Micah and Ady and a newbie Trent are a team, laughing & frolicking in sun & sand on Miami Beaches.

description

Trent is a surfer, player
Carlene Inspired
Find this review and others at Carlene Inspired.

4.5 Stars

She's back, she's angsty, she made me cry, she's E.K. Blair. Okay, cheesiness aside, I am so excited we have something new from E.K. Blair and that it is as stunning as, well, everything she's ever published. The Secrets We Held, just part one of the Secret and Truths Duet, is a long, emotionally-fraught novel that had me laughing, crying, and falling in love. It is classic E.K. Blair and I am one happy one-click fan. I know, you're over
Tia Louise
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
E.K. Blair is BACK with a story that will have you clicking frantically and begging for MORE. If you loved the CRAVE duet, you are going to devour this new set. Emotional, heartbreaking, and so well-written. Get ready for all the feels, and you're only on Book #1...
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
I am in awe. Everyone should read this book. The writing was masterful and I really felt for Kate and her journey!!
She is a surfer and everything seems fine u til she meets Caleb. Oh my. I adored this storyline. Granted, it may not be for everyone but if you love twisted and emotional, you should give this book a shot.
This author really knows how to graps your attention. Her characters and plot are so honest. Loved it.

4 Stars
Lauren Luman
Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Initially, the story was a little hard to follow because so many different characters kept being introduced and there was a lot going on in each scene.

Eventually, though, the story came together and found its central focus: a young college girl trying to navigate her way through budding relationships, friendly and romantic.

I enjoyed the writing style and the material was a little tough because of the subject matter, but it was quick to get through.

There were some predictable moments because of
* A review copy was provided by the author *

~ 3.5 - 4 Stars ~

I have spent the past couple days trying to process my feelings about this book. Even after thinking on it for a couple days, I am conflicted about The Secrets We Held.

I have always thoroughly enjoyed E.K. Blairs books and I did enjoy this one, but something just didnt connect with me.

As always this book covered a really tough subject and may cause some triggers with readers. Her books are always filled with emotion, realism and are
Vanessa
**FULL REVIEW**

Deep breath...

So many emotions swirling as I sit here contemplating the right words to do justice to this book. The first installment of Blair's newest duet, The Secrets We Held, is a doozy. Shocker, I know. What book of Blair's isn't? *grins*

As a woman, have you ever completely related to the HERO of the story? I did. This book may be predominantly about Kate, but oh Trent...that man is me.

So, stay with me as my thoughts tend to center on him and I offer a slightly different
Julie Lavalle
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow this one certainly had me in a war with my emotions. I had to take some time to think about what I wanted to write in this review.

First off let me just say - I love love loved that she used characters from a previous series, The Crave Series. Dang that series seriously gutted me!! This one so far certainly had my stomach doing flip over flip over flip. There were so many absolutely touching moments as well as hold your breath heart breaking moments. Just like any of E.K's other books you
Krissy loves to read
Omg!! *Frantically biting nails* I need book two!!

Ek has brought out a whole new level of emotion in this one!!! So shockingly common and real that can happen to anyone. I was hooked from page one, the characters speaking from the heart made me wanna get to know them more and more.
Kate is starting her first year of college along with her bff. She is so excited to start the rest of her life, so many plans!
Surfing, making friends and enjoying what she has worked so hard to get. She has no idea
Stacey
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
E.K. Blair is, without a shadow of a doubt, BACK! And she has brought her emotional artistry with her! E.K. delivers all the feels, and I do mean All. The. Feels!

She first captured my attention with her Fading Series. She captured my imagination with her Black Lotus Series. Her Crave Duet had me craving and yearning for more; and she absolutely broke my heart and stole my soul with The Secrets We Held. E.K. delivers Kates story with such raw and real emotion, that only she is capable of, and I
Kim
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was truly captivated by The Secrets We Held from E.K. Blair. This book truly broke my heart into pieces and Im waiting for book two to hopefully put it back together!

This story is exciting, emotional, and heartbreaking and you will feel every single emotion right along with the characters in this story. There is definitely some heavy subject matter that will not be for all readers.

Its been quite a while since Ive read E.K. Blair and I have to say that I am so glad shes back! What an amazing
Heather Poll
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wish I could give this one more than five stars, I loved it that much! It was raw. It was a rollercoaster of emotion. I couldn't get enough! I fell in love with these characters...but that's what E.k. does, she writes in a way that never fails to leave you feeling emotionally connected to her characters. It was so good to reconnect with some of my favorites from her Crave Duet that I loved so much! I cannot wait to read the second half of this duet!
Lulu Dumonceaux
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
E.k. Blair is back!!! And she doesn't hold anything back with this powerful story. The message is so very important. We've met many of the characters already from the Crave Duet. Kate, Trent, Micah & Brody. I liked them all in Crave and feel a deeper connection to them through The Secrets We Held. Kate is trying to navigate her first year of college, classes, friends, and maybe romance. She recognizes that she has developed a crush on Trent, but Trent is keeping a wall around his heart to ...more
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
This one is a must read story! It is one of the most realistic books Ive read in a long time. It is well written; all-consuming, and so painfully believable it will be with me a long time. I really felt connected to the story and the characters, which is why my heart hurts and has me concerned about whats next. EK Blair did an amazing job telling this difficult story, it will definitely make my favorites list for the year.

Even as I write this Im thinking about the characters and the pain, fear,
Kylie The Bookaholick
After taking 2 years off E.K. Blair is back!
The Secrets We Held is the first book in her new duet, which is a companion to The Crave Duet. Readers do not have to have read The Craver Duet first to be able to enjoy this duet. This duet focus on Kate and Trent who are both freshmen at the University of Miami. Freshman year is supposed to be a time for finding ones independence, meeting new people, making new friends and trying to figure out who you are as a person.
EK Blairs books are known for
April Timmons
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Let me first start by saying have I read a book by EK Blair that I have not enjoyed? Absolutely not. All of her books are amazing. First of all, the flood of emotions that come into the story is deep. You will fall in love with Kate and all that she goes through, but then you want to grab her and wondering why she does what she does. This is a story of what I see is understanding real love and what is just being comfortable with a person. With Trent, I am to knock some sense in him and say what ...more
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Feb 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars-2020
EK Blair is back with the Secrets and Truths Duet, a companion duet to her other duet, Crave. These can be read as standalone's but I loved the Crave duet so I can recommend that one too. If you have a trigger, please read the warnings as this does contain a sensitive subject for some. (view spoiler)

This is the story of Kate and Trent, albeit, they don't spend much time together in this half of the duet, but the scene has definitely been set. Kate is a tomboy,
Jenny
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was so captivated by this book! It was so amazing and sometimes hard to read. As soon as I read what this book was supposed to be about I knew I wanted to read it. This is about Kate and her boyfriend and friends. I cant wait to read the conclusion and see where this story goes. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS BOOK! It does have some triggers that may make it hard for some people to read though.
*Magic Beyond The Covers Book Blog*
Aimz
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow... The Secrets We Held... that was an intense and wild ride. I loved this story... a story about a young woman, Kate, who findslove.. this is a story about what we are willing to do for love, rationalizations, justifications.... I dont want to give anything away but this book was incredible! The way EK Blair is able to truly let you see why Kate does what she does is amazing! You get into her thoughts and while sitting on the outside reading you may want to yell at Kate, but the way it is ...more
Renee Jamison-Hardman
If you are familiar with EK's The Crave Series Duet then you have been introduced to Kate and Trent. Trent is that guy: the player, the surfer, the chill down to earth guy that all women want to know and be close to. Kate is no exception to the magitism that is Trent. Kate quickly gets stuck in the Trent friend-zone and has to watch the up close and personal interactions he has with other woman.

"It kind of makes me want to laugh. I like him for who he is, yet here I am, trying to change him to
Deekay
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ACME  TEEN BOOKS Kids, YA & NA Too!
Oh My Gosh! EK Blair is BACK and she had DONE IT AGAIN!!!! The SECRETS pulled me right on through that emotional magnifying glass, straight into ALL THE FEELS that she is so well known for! She broke my heart and stole my soul in this book and I'm hoping she'll put it all back together in The TRUTHS.

This story is an intense, emotional, and wild ride and you will feel every single emotion right along with the characters in this story. There is definitely some heavy subject matter that will not be
Sally
I absolutely LOVE this story! If you're a fan of EK Blair's Fading series or her Crave duet, you will love this duet as well. I felt so many emotions while reading this book. This is a spin-off of the Crave duet but you do not need to read it before reading the Secrets and Truths duet. This is a standalone duet, but I do think you should read the Crave duet as well because it's amazing.

This is the story of Kate and Trent who are in college at the University of Miami. A lot happens when you're
Paula  Phillips
Mar 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kate had always been a tomboy most of the time and preferred to hang out with the guys and surf rather than do girly things. That changed though when she met Trent and Caleb. Trent is a surfer like her friends and serious about surfing. He is also a bit of a playboy and though Kate is interested in him, she wants to protect her heart and due to a bit of miscommunication - he treats her just like "one of the guys" yet we, of course, know that there is some serious chemistry sizzling between the ...more
Sassy Southern
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sandy S
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars

ABOUT THE BOOK: February 26, 2020

Wings are easily broken.

Fairy tales only live in fables.

Soon, her body will be painted in a truth she cant deny but is too scared to face, so she runs.

A person can only run so
Smashlybookalicousreviewingchicks
The Secrets We Held is book one in a duet and this author has once again hit our hearts over and over. Wow! The twist and revelations that come out are shocking, but realistic. There are some triggers in this book, but we wouldn't expect anything different from this author. She writes on sensitive topics, that leaves us with a message (positive) in the end. One thing I loved if you have read her other duet, The Crave you will see that this story runs concurrently with the last book and has you ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Maryse's Book Blo...: BR The Secrets We Held DUET E.K. Blair *SPOILERS* 35 18 Mar 16, 2020 10:21AM
Some Like It Hot!: The Secrets We Held by E.k. Blair 1 6 Feb 25, 2020 07:11PM

• The Life You Stole (Life, #2)
  • The Life That Mattered (Life, #1)
  • We Are Us
  • Twice a Wish (Goddess Isles, #2)
  • Slow Dancing
  • The Affair
  • Waiting for my Queen
  • In the Garden of Discontent
  • Even If It Hurts
  • Into the Clear Water
  • Mating Theory
  • The Wives
  • Where the Truth Lives (Where, #2)
  • From the First Verse  (Life of Debauchery, #1)
  • Dirty Girls
  • Flame (Web of Desire, #2)
  • Kisses and Lies
  • Kiss the Stars (Falling Stars, #1)

Secrets and Truths Duet (2 books)
  • The Truths We Told (Secrets and Truths Duet, #2)