Start by marking “Honor and Desire (Gold Sky #3)” as Want to Read:
Honor and Desire (Gold Sky #3)

Honor and Desire

(Gold Sky #3)

For as long as anyone can remember Seylah Wickes-Barnes has been at the side of August Leclaire, her best friend and the boy her fathers took under their wing.

Now a grown woman and looking for love, Seylah's deepest regret, and secret, is quickly coming to surface: She has been in love with August for as long as she can remember.

For years she has been content in her role
Published January 29th 2020 by Violet Gaze Press

To ask other readers questions about Honor and Desire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Honor and Desire

Start your review of Honor and Desire (Gold Sky #3)
Becca
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to receive an ARC (honestly what does that even stand for I have no idea, *I'm going to Google it) copy of this book.

This review is spoiler free, so peruse at your leisure.

First, the prologue. It had my heart pounding and I actually cried at the end of it. This is not normal for me...I knew I had discovered something special.

The trope is best friends to lovers with a tiny sprinkling of a love triangle (which I usually hate but this triangle was actually delightful and short
Jess
4.5 stars - This book is a delight. Full review to come.
Blair Leigh
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I would die for Seylah. Is that a lot? Too much? OH WELL. She’s badass, she’s fearless, she’s a lover, and she holds her loved ones so closely to her heart. She’s exactly the character you would expect, and yet she surprises you with how rich her personality is. And August? Take. Me. Away. Sir.

This book is delicious and beautiful and I am SO grateful to be on earth the same time as Rebel Carter. This book is one of my FAVORITES from her—if not my favorite.
Eve Alacran
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARCs in exchange of my honest review.

I discovered Rebel with Heart and Hand, I was scrolling on Twitter and stopped straight when I saw the amazing cover of Julie. I needed this book, and I needed it now so when it came out I bought it and read it all night. I went to bed at 4am, I really loved it.

So of course when I saw the cover of this new book I needed it too !!! Can we all agree that Rebel's covers are the BOMB ?! And when I discovered it was Julie, Forrest & Will's
Brenda Moser
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a well written historical romance with strong,well developed characters and an entertaining story line. The author does a great job pulling you in with all the emotions flowing through the pages and brings it to life with her descriptive and painted scenes,taking you back to the day in vivid detail. She brings all the feels ,moving the story fluidly and had me glued to the pages right to the end. I enjoyed and would recommend this book.

I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book. All
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Seylah is a badass and I adored her. I wanted August to understand right away how someone so badass doesn't need coddling or protection but just support, so I was a bit disappointed with him--but our girl shows him.

I love the world of Gold Sky, and while I have a real soft spot for Heart and Hand, I enjoyed this book A LOT. It's structurally the tightest of the three in the series, and the pacing was spot on. Glad that we're going to see more from the sisters!
Melisa
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Whenever I finish a historical Rebel Carter romance, I always get the urge to read one of Beverly Jenkins' Westerns. There's something about the skilled way Rebel crafts Gold Sky that reminds me of Beverly Jenkins' books. Honor and Desire follows Seylah, the daughter of the heroine and heroes of Heart and Hand. She had a childhood crush on her best friend August, but overheard, painful words lead her to believing her feelings were one-sided. Instead, she throws herself in her work as the ...more
Bourbon, Books and Brenda
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
A beautifully brilliant love story

I was so happy to be back in Gold Sky. It is many years later and this story revolves around Seylah and August. Seylah is Julie, Forrest and Will’s daughter from book 1.
******
Overall rating:
Kindle Unlimited: yes
*******
This book was everything I expected and more. It was beautiful, it warmed my heart, it made me happy, and I’ve had a stupid grin on my face all day. It was perfect!

Seylah is a strong, independent woman. August has been her best friend forever.
Julia
Honour and desire, is book 3 in,
The gold sky series.

This is a first by this author for myself.
It's not normally a genre, I would read.

Please read the authors blurb for more details about this book.

The book was well written, the characters defined.
It was a sensitive caring book.
I will now need to buy book 1&2.

I was sent this book by Voracoous readers, in return for a review.
Rachel
Jan 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Lovely easy to read story with lots of feels. I found I was distracted by the thought of her parents story throughout the book. Although the story was unconventional it was engaging and intriguing, as I could see that those who had a less conventional lifestyle would find moving out to the frontier appealing.
Michelle Karise
I am a huge fan of historical romances and I was super excited to get my hands on a copy of Honor and Desire.

This is the story of Seylah Wickes-Barnes. Seylah lived an unconventional life with an unconventional family. The oldest of four girls, Seylah displayed interests in horses, guns, and the law. She spent her days running about town with her best friend, August LeClaire.

But somewhere around the age of fourteen, things began to change. She started seeing herself and her friends differently.
Penelope
Jan 29, 2020 rated it liked it
been really looking forward to this book since i loved the first in the series. tried to read 2nd but it was too low stakes for me.

this was an upswing from the second book but once again things moved too smoothly for everybody - very little conflict! i don't need unnecessary and prolonged drama but there should be some stakes! at multiple times throughout book i was hoping for issues that arose to be dealt with in more satisfying ways.

mostly i wanted to follow the characters from the 1st book in
Genevieve
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful story. I want to read the first two books now to learn more about the parents of the beautiful heroine.
This story had me captivated from the very beginning. It’s a real western romance and the author did an amazing job bringing the characters to life.
Seylah and August will grow on you as you follow along with them as they are now adults coming to terms with the way they feel about one another.
They both love their town, Gold Sky and will do whatever it takes to protect those
Heather Wamboldt
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Honor and Desire is the third book in the Gold Sky Series.

This historical romance has great characters that are well developed, strong, and likable. The storyline is well written and engaging, with a strong-willed woman, a love triangle, and a wonderful romance.

I loved this book and cannot wait to read more books in this series.

Jessie Bell
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful

The best story in the series. I enjoyed all of it. Missed some of the earlier characters from earlier stories, looked for a visit from her brother and his family. But still a good read.
Michelle
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was my first book by Rebel Carter and it won't be my last.
Seylah and August. *sigh* I just loved them. Seylah was full of personality, spunk and toughness. August wanted to protect her and love her. All Seylah wants is his love and support.
I thoroughly enjoyed this story. The great characters, Seylah's wonderful family, her sisters, the townspeople...all of it was wonderful.
I will be reading the previous two books in this series and anything else this incredible author publishes in the
Megan
Jan 13, 2020

• Mangos and Mistletoe
  • Tikka Chance on Me
  • White Whiskey Bargain
  • Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)
  • A Reckless Runaway (The Shelley Sisters, #2)
  • The Prince of Broadway (Uptown Girls, #2)
  • The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
  • Hearts on Hold: A Librarian Romance
  • Red, White & Royal Blue
  • Archangel's War (Guild Hunter, #12)
  • Broken Elite (The Darlington Elite, #1)
  • The Girl with the Make-Believe Husband (Rokesbys, #2)
  • Archangel's Prophecy (Guild Hunter, #11)
  • Archangel's Viper (Guild Hunter, #10)
  • King (King, #1)
  • A Taste of Her Own Medicine
  • The Wrong Mr. Darcy
  • Etched in Stone (Invested in You Book 1)
Rebel Carter loves love. So much in fact that she decided to write the love stories she desperately wanted to read. A book by Rebel means diverse characters, sexy banter, a real big helping of steamy scenes, and, of course, a whole lotta heart.

Rebel lives in Colorado, makes a mean espresso, and is hell-bent on filling your bookcase with as many romance stories as humanly possible!

Gold Sky (3 books)
  • Heart and Hand (Gold Sky #1)
  • Hearth and Home (Gold Sky #2)