Start by marking “Honor and Desire (Gold Sky #3)” as Want to Read:
Honor and Desire (Gold Sky #3)

Honor and Desire

(Gold Sky #3)

For as long as anyone can remember Seylah Wickes-Barnes has been at the side of August Leclaire, her best friend and the boy her fathers took under their wing.

Now a grown woman and looking for love, Seylah's deepest regret, and secret, is quickly coming to surface: She has been in love with August for as long as she can remember.

For years she has been content in her role
Published January 29th 2020 by Violet Gaze Press

To ask other readers questions about Honor and Desire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Honor and Desire

Start your review of Honor and Desire (Gold Sky #3)
J. Greene
Feb 20, 2020 rated it liked it
Honor and Desire was well-written and fairly true to the voice of its respective period, but there was something unexciting about the story.

Seylah is a gun touting and sharp-shooting woman whose only wish is to protect the town and the people she loves. Being a woman in this position, though fully embraced by her family, is still unheard of. August, her best friend, is quietly the love of her life. Except despite their closeness, they seem doomed to remain just friends.

The strongest part of the
Becca
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to receive an ARC (honestly what does that even stand for I have no idea, *I'm going to Google it) copy of this book.

This review is spoiler free, so peruse at your leisure.

First, the prologue. It had my heart pounding and I actually cried at the end of it. This is not normal for me...I knew I had discovered something special.

The trope is best friends to lovers with a tiny sprinkling of a love triangle (which I usually hate but this triangle was actually delightful and short li
Taryn
Apr 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
I never thought I wanted a romance novel with a gun on the cover, but when I saw this book I was like, I stand corrected. It turns out I want nothing more than a strong black woman sheriff’s deputy in Old West Montana who’s a crack shot with a rifle. Okay, technically Seylah is a secretary for the sheriff’s department, but she often steps in when the department is short-handed, and if that includes making an arrest or two, well, so be it. She’s known August since they were children and at one ti ...more
Jess
4.5 stars - This book is a delight. Full review to come.
Blair Leigh
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I would die for Seylah. Is that a lot? Too much? OH WELL. She’s badass, she’s fearless, she’s a lover, and she holds her loved ones so closely to her heart. She’s exactly the character you would expect, and yet she surprises you with how rich her personality is. And August? Take. Me. Away. Sir.

This book is delicious and beautiful and I am SO grateful to be on earth the same time as Rebel Carter. This book is one of my FAVORITES from her—if not my favorite.
Ceillie Simkiss
If you read my reviews of the first two books in the Gold Sky series, you’ll know I’m a fan of the books about the Wilkes-Barnes family. Honor and Desire was no different.

Honor and Desire CoverNow a grown woman and looking for love, Seylah’s deepest regret, and secret, is quickly coming to surface: She has been in love with August for as l
Eve Alacran
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARCs in exchange of my honest review.

I discovered Rebel with Heart and Hand, I was scrolling on Twitter and stopped straight when I saw the amazing cover of Julie. I needed this book, and I needed it now so when it came out I bought it and read it all night. I went to bed at 4am, I really loved it.

So of course when I saw the cover of this new book I needed it too !!! Can we all agree that Rebel's covers are the BOMB ?! And when I discovered it was Julie, Forrest & Will's daughter
Brenda Moser
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a well written historical romance with strong,well developed characters and an entertaining story line. The author does a great job pulling you in with all the emotions flowing through the pages and brings it to life with her descriptive and painted scenes,taking you back to the day in vivid detail. She brings all the feels ,moving the story fluidly and had me glued to the pages right to the end. I enjoyed and would recommend this book.

I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book. All opin
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Seylah is a badass and I adored her. I wanted August to understand right away how someone so badass doesn't need coddling or protection but just support, so I was a bit disappointed with him--but our girl shows him.

I love the world of Gold Sky, and while I have a real soft spot for Heart and Hand, I enjoyed this book A LOT. It's structurally the tightest of the three in the series, and the pacing was spot on. Glad that we're going to see more from the sisters!
Melisa
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Whenever I finish a historical Rebel Carter romance, I always get the urge to read one of Beverly Jenkins' Westerns. There's something about the skilled way Rebel crafts Gold Sky that reminds me of Beverly Jenkins' books. Honor and Desire follows Seylah, the daughter of the heroine and heroes of Heart and Hand. She had a childhood crush on her best friend August, but overheard, painful words lead her to believing her feelings were one-sided. Instead, she throws herself in her work as the sheriff ...more
Bourbon, Books and Brenda
A beautifully brilliant love story

I was so happy to be back in Gold Sky. It is many years later and this story revolves around Seylah and August. Seylah is Julie, Forrest and Will’s daughter from book 1.
******
Overall rating: ❤️❤️❤️❤️
Kindle Unlimited: yes
*******
This book was everything I expected and more. It was beautiful, it warmed my heart, it made me happy, and I’ve had a stupid grin on my face all day. It was perfect!

Seylah is a strong, independent woman. August has been her best friend for
Angie
+Interracial Romance in the Old West! It's also best friends to lovers! Seylah and August have been friends their entire lives.
+August is supportive of Seylah wanting to be a deputy.
+Shoot out!

-Timeline issues. Elliot was going to take Seylah to the town picnic on Sunday, in two days. The next chapter starts with "It was Monday afternoon..." Then the next chapter starts with Seylah talking to her sister about the upcoming picnic.
-Elliot completely disappears and is NEVER mentioned
Julia
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Honour and desire, is book 3 in,
The gold sky series.

This is a first by this author for myself.
It's not normally a genre, I would read.

Please read the authors blurb for more details about this book.

The book was well written, the characters defined.
It was a sensitive caring book.
I will now need to buy book 1&2.

I was sent this book by Voracoous readers, in return for a review.
Jenica
Feb 06, 2021 rated it liked it
I received this book in my friends to lovers gift package from Love's Sweet Arrow and it is definitely a great book for that. Childhood friends to lovers, with the tiniest second chance element thrown in, this book has a lot of things that will work for many people. For me, it was fine. I felt like I never had a great grasp of the setting or the characters beyond some simple basics and that kept it from sticking with me or propelling me forward through the book. That said, it's 2021 and I've def ...more
Rachel
Jan 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Lovely easy to read story with lots of feels. I found I was distracted by the thought of her parents story throughout the book. Although the story was unconventional it was engaging and intriguing, as I could see that those who had a less conventional lifestyle would find moving out to the frontier appealing.
Amy Pendergrass
Well this was just fine. I liked Seylah but was honestly a little underwhelmed with August. And the story itself-as they navigated from friends to lovers-lacked depth for me. I don't know, the series started strong but my interest has certainly waned from there to here. It also seemed weird to me that there was no mention of the couple from book 2. I mean, I didn't necessary need them in this story but it was just odd; they are related after all.

Anyway. The next book in the series features anot
Penelope
Jan 29, 2020 rated it liked it
been really looking forward to this book since i loved the first in the series. tried to read 2nd but it was too low stakes for me.

this was an upswing from the second book but once again things moved too smoothly for everybody - very little conflict! i don't need unnecessary and prolonged drama but there should be some stakes! at multiple times throughout book i was hoping for issues that arose to be dealt with in more satisfying ways.

mostly i wanted to follow the characters from the 1st book in
Genevieve
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful story. I want to read the first two books now to learn more about the parents of the beautiful heroine.
This story had me captivated from the very beginning. It’s a real western romance and the author did an amazing job bringing the characters to life.
Seylah and August will grow on you as you follow along with them as they are now adults coming to terms with the way they feel about one another.
They both love their town, Gold Sky and will do whatever it takes to protect those t
Heather W
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Honor and Desire is the third book in the Gold Sky Series.

This historical romance has great characters that are well developed, strong, and likable. The storyline is well written and engaging, with a strong-willed woman, a love triangle, and a wonderful romance.

I loved this book and cannot wait to read more books in this series.

Andrea
Jun 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another enjoyable installment in the Gold Sky series! This is fairly low stakes for the most part, although there is a bit of action towards the end. I wasn't a huge fan of the miscommunication stuff. (view spoiler) ...more
Lynette
Aug 20, 2020 rated it liked it
Sweet

This 3 installment to the series was...sweet. There were no hot and heavy love scenes at all...so if that is your jam then keep on searching. Things were very romantic and loving but the best way to explain the love between Seylah and her man was simply Sweet. It wasn’t may favorite in the series, but I still applaud the author.
Loves2Read644
Jun 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a really cute book! I liked how communication was stressed in this book and used. One troupe that I hate in romance novels is miscommunication. I love that this was a couple you rooted for from the very beginning and there was no unneeded drama. These are childhood friends who grow up loving each other and a pretty easy time becoming a couple.
Teirra
Feb 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
I’ve really enjoyed this series. I’m a sucker for some historical romance and I loved Seylah! I really enjoyed the characters more than I enjoyed the romance itself. The romance was so so but Seylah and the others were fleshed out and likable!
Jessie Bell
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful

The best story in the series. I enjoyed all of it. Missed some of the earlier characters from earlier stories, looked for a visit from her brother and his family. But still a good read.
Stephanie
Jan 09, 2021 rated it it was ok

Honor and Desire was a bit better than book 1 and 2 of the Gold Sky series. I did find the story to be a bit slow moving at times. I also noticed that the language was somewhat "modern" based on it's 1880-ish setting.

I look forward to reading, "Three to Love" next!
Alie
May 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is my favourite Friends to Lovers book of all time. OF ALL TIME!!!!
Michelle
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was my first book by Rebel Carter and it won't be my last.
Seylah and August. *sigh* I just loved them. Seylah was full of personality, spunk and toughness. August wanted to protect her and love her. All Seylah wants is his love and support.
I thoroughly enjoyed this story. The great characters, Seylah's wonderful family, her sisters, the townspeople...all of it was wonderful.
I will be reading the previous two books in this series and anything else this incredible author publishes in the fu
Michelle Karise
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am a huge fan of historical romances and I was super excited to get my hands on a copy of Honor and Desire.

This is the story of Seylah Wickes-Barnes. Seylah lived an unconventional life with an unconventional family. The oldest of four girls, Seylah displayed interests in horses, guns, and the law. She spent her days running about town with her best friend, August LeClaire.

But somewhere around the age of fourteen, things began to change. She started seeing herself and her friends differently.
Megan
Feb 08, 2020
consuela wip
Dec 04, 2020
« previous 1 3 next »

• A Cowboy to Remember (Cowboys of California #1)
  • Red, White & Royal Blue
  • Archangel's War (Guild Hunter, #12)
  • The Girl with the Make-Believe Husband (Rokesbys, #2)
  • Archangel's Prophecy (Guild Hunter, #11)
  • Archangel's Viper (Guild Hunter, #10)
  • Destiny's Embrace (Destiny, #1)
  • King (King, #1)
  • A Duke, the Lady, and a Baby (Rogues and Remarkable Women, #1)
  • Harbor (Beards & Bondage, #3)
  • Beautiful & Dirty (The Family #1)
  • Archangel's Enigma (Guild Hunter, #8)
  • The Duke Who Didn't (Wedgeford Trials, #1)
  • Indigo
  • A Day in the Life of Marlon Bundo
  • White Whiskey Bargain
  • The Lady Hellion (Wicked Deceptions, #3)
  • Archangel's Legion (Guild Hunter, #6)
Rebel Carter loves love. So much in fact that she decided to write the love stories she desperately wanted to read. A book by Rebel means diverse characters, sexy banter, a real big helping of steamy scenes, and, of course, a whole lotta heart.

Rebel lives in Colorado, makes a mean espresso, and is hell-bent on filling your bookcase with as many romance stories as humanly possible!

Gold Sky (5 books)
  • Heart and Hand (Gold Sky #1)
  • Hearth and Home (Gold Sky #2)
  • Three To Love (Gold Sky #4)
  • Leather and Lace (Gold Sky, #5)