Start by marking “Hani and Ishu's Guide to Fake Dating” as Want to Read:
Hani and Ishu's Guide to Fake Dating

Hani and Ishu's Guide to Fake Dating

Everyone likes Humaira "Hani" Khan—she’s easy going and one of the most popular girls at school. But when she comes out to her friends as bisexual, they invalidate her identity, saying she can’t be bi if she’s only dated guys. Panicked, Hani blurts out that she’s in a relationship…with a girl her friends absolutely hate—Ishita "Ishu" Dey. Ishu is the complete opposite of H ...more
Expected publication: May 25th 2021 by Page Street Kids

Start your review of Hani and Ishu's Guide to Fake Dating
daph pink ♡
Nov 13, 2020 marked it as to-read
Me: I have high standards in books.

Book: so lesbians/bi girls ~

Me: okay it's meeting all my standards! Give it to me.
may ➹
love the gaysians but I’m conflicted on how to feel about this

rtc!

——————

fake dating sapphic Asians..... this is everything I have ever wanted........
Adiba Jaigirdar
Aug 12, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Hi everyone! We're less than 2 months until the release of this book, and I can't wait for everyone to read it!

If you pre-order a copy, make sure you fill out this Google form, in order to avail of some pre-order goodies, including a signed bookplate, bookmarks, an exclusive digital short story that takes place after the events of the book, and an art print! More info on my Twitter!

The content warnings for this book are printed at the front, but they're also available on my content warnings pag
Melanie
Aug 13, 2020 marked it as to-read
Recommended to Melanie by: Maëlys
sapphic !! asians !! fake dating !!
(also, this is everything)

Blog | Instagram | Youtube | Ko-fi | Spotify | Twitch
emma
fake dating will forever hit different
katie ☾
3/7/21 - reread this for the second time because i was not in the mood to read anything else :')

-----------

update: 2/4/21 - i love this sm <3 rtc!

------------

OMGGG I LOVE THIS COVER IT'S SO CUTE I CAN'T

WTH HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO WAIT UNTIL 2021?!!!
mishi
Mar 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
I picked this book up hoping for a fluffy f/f fake dating and while it was that, it was also much more. This was such an emotional read. It didn't start out as such but gradually it got hold of my heart and started squeezing so hard that I was sobbing by the end. The Muslim representation is amazing here. No other piece of media has ever made me feel seen as much as Adiba Jaigirdar's book have. I love the sense of community and culture in her books.

I cannot describe how wonderful the characteriz
Mrinmayi
Dec 19, 2020 marked it as willsacrifice-maryams-soul-for-this
I read the surname "Dey" and I was like, "Ohhh..BENGALI girl!!!!"
Don't ask me how I knew it
Well.. I have a talent where I can tell which state the person belongs to... based on the surname(I am right most of the times *flips hair*)
It's probably the only talent I have xD

BUT back to the review...
BOTH the MCs are Bengali!!
Sooo..there will be Bengali food rt???!!!! *screams in happiness *
Its been a while since I've had Bengali food *sighs* (I haven't eaten Bengali FOOD in a while.. I do eat Bengali
☆Pelumi☆ (Going on hiatus because school exists)
Fake dating=Happy Pelumi
Slow burn romance= Happy frustrated Pelumi
Queer CHARCTERS= Extremely happy Pelumi

In summary, there's no happiness till i read this book!!!

EDIT: Welcome y'all. This is the point where I have a full on mental breakdown because my request for an arc of this got declined so join me. Let's cry together!!
😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭🤧🤧🤧🤧🤧🤧🤧😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭🤧🤧🤧🤧🤧🤧😭😭😭😭🤧😭🤧🤧🤧😭😭😭🤧😭😭🤧😭😭😭😭😭😭🤧🤧🤧😭😭😭🤧🤧😪😪😪😪😪
I did get to read an extract and that's just cruel because now I
Maëlys
*screech* the cover!!

FAKE DATING!! MUTUAL PINING!! SLOW BURN!!

i'm already obsessed with them!! (art by @cherryandsister)

YoutubeTwitter
fanna
Shelves: 2021-releases
October 21, 2020: OH MY GOD THE COVER! The almost-touching-hands theme is common with The Henna Wars cover and I'm crying this is so cute.

August 12, 2020: After giving away my heart to The Henna Wars, I'm RIGHT HERE FOR ANYTHING ADIBA JAIGIRDAR WRITES but also, queer South-Asians fake dating would be so perfect especially after the author has promised 'romantic scenes in the rain' I MEANNN OMG!
human [on hiatus]
hi, i'm screaming. nice to meet you, you gorgeous looking book. ...more
Elle (ellexamines)
Jan 11, 2021 marked it as 2021
OH my god
theresa
Aug 01, 2020 marked it as unreleased
Shelves: lgbtq, wlw-mc, 21-releases
sapphic fake dating!! sapphic fake dating!! sapphic fake dating!!

i am ready for the YEARNING, the 'wait, is this really fake? it doesn't feel fake' realisation, the sapphic EXCELLENCE

I also talk about books here: youtube | instagram | twitter
Cassandra
REVIEW COMING SOON BUT THIS WAS SO CUTE AW MY COLD HEART LITERALLY MELTED 🥺
Lunabookaddict
Apr 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fav-of-2021
OKAY HEAR ME OUT ! A sapphic fake dating book ? Is that my new favorite thing in the world ? Probably.

I already read The Henna wars by Adiba Jaidirdar and I'm always in love how she twists her character. I love this story, that made my heart melt for Hani and Ishu with subject that really matters. I LOVE THEM AND I COULD GIVE MY LIFE FOR THEM (is it too much ? idk probably, but I don't care).

I really hope one day to see Adiba's book translated into French because they deserve to have a large aud
Natasha
I can't get over how cute this cover it ...more
Gargee | Sapphire Bubble
Full review to come

7 Jan 2021:
This was the sweetest damned thing I have ever read. I am currently crying tears of joy for reasons that I shall keep close to my heart for a while.

6 Jan 2021:
Denizens of planet Earth. Page Street gas given me an e-ARC! I am now ascending into orbit!

12 Aug 2020:
Fake dating Sapphics!
Fake dating South Asian Sapphics!
Fake dating Bangaladeshi-Bengali and Indian-Bengali Sapphics!

Inject this book directly into my brain right now!!!!!
I am such an Adiba Jaigirdar stan!

Also,
em/zainab
Aug 12, 2020 marked it as to-read
sapphics fake dating! sapphic asian girls fake dating!! sapphic muslim girls fake dating!!! and there's yearning too. omg! ...more
Gargee | Sapphire Bubble
This is the best book, my favourite book, the most amazing book of all time!
As a South Asian, bisexual femme, Adiba Jaigirdar had already won my heart with The Henna Wars, but Hani and Ishu's Guide to Fake Dating compounded my love for her work a hundredfold. I realised that The Henna Wars was just scratching the surface of the deep well of thought in Jaigirdar's mind, and with every subsequent book, she will continue to blow me away.

Hani and Ishu's Guide to Fake Dating is the cutest story you w
Chloe
May 12, 2021 rated it liked it
Hani and Ishu's Guide to fake dating revolves around two Bengali girls (the aforementioned Hani & Ishu) who cope very differently with attending a predominatly white school in Ireland. Ishu is determined not to be pigeonholed, while Hani is scared to make her differences known.

This book delves into identity, not only as the two MCs are Bengali, and Hani is muslim, but they are both trying to navigate their queer identities. It does a great job of highlighting how all experiences are different,
Nicole Moon
Oct 21, 2020 marked it as to-read
how cute is this cover ahhhh!!!
Kelly Quindlen
Feb 01, 2021 added it
Shelves: lgbt, arcs
“My point, dear sister, is that we all have people who we bend ourselves for the approval of. For you and me, it’s Ammu and Abbu. For Hani, it’s her friends. We all need to fit in, or need to be loved, or need approval. You and Hani aren’t that different, if you think about it.”

Review to come! 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩
ThatBookGal
Apr 13, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Going in to this one I was expecting a cutesy cliche read about two girls falling in love by accident. Actually it didn't fit in to any of those expectations at all, Im not even sure I would describe it as cute as there are a whole lot of issues and prejudices examined throughout the book. The romance for me becomes overshadowed by all the other stuff going on, and I actually really liked that, even if it was totally different to what I thought I was going in to.

It was actually the friendship t
rhi ✰
THE COVER THE COVER THE COVER THE COVER IM SCREAMING

i mean,,, i loved adiba's debut,,,, and now we're getting more???

please hand a copy over ma'am
Justine
Mar 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to the author and publisher for the e-arc in exchange for an honest review!

I loved this, when I got the e-arc though from Netgalley I actually screamed because as soon as I saw this on Goodreads I wanted to read it, so to get the opportunity to read it before its official release, it was like all my birthdays at once! Queer girls and a slow burn? What more can a person ask for really? It was written so well, I fell in love with both girls a little bit but Ishu has a special place in my
Mishma Nixon
Nov 21, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2021
THIS IS GOING TO BE AMAZING!

In the meanwhile, enter to win a pre order of Hani and Ishu (and a copy of Henna Wars) on my blog!
devanshi (your resident loud person)
i dont like fake dating but i would do it for the representation:)
Adri
Apr 24, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
CWs: racism, Islamophobia, homophobia (biphobia and lesbophobia), bullying and toxic friendship, gaslighting, and parental abandonment

When a book has Adiba's name on the cover, here I come running. But when "fake dating" is in the title itself, I'm full on sprinting. I had such a desperate NEED for this queer contemporary rom-com, and it more than delivered!

Hani and Ishu is a story about self-love as much as it is about first love. When the story begins, both Hani and Ishu find themselves in
Simant Verma
Aug 12, 2020 marked it as 2021-releases  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: under-desi
October 21, 2020: Oh my gosh, the cover is here and if this isn’t the cutest thing I have seen today 😭😍😍

August 12, 2020: How can I not add next title by Adiba as soon as I saw the announcement? 😭 With queer Bangladeshi-Indian girls, we have fake dating trope too!!and there are ‘romantic scenes in the rain’?! My Bollywood heart definitely need it like right now 💕
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Ones We're Meant to Find
  • She Drives Me Crazy
  • Kate in Waiting
  • You Are Invited
  • SING (Like No One's Listening)
  • Black Sun (Between Earth and Sky, #1)
  • Whispering Pines (Whispering Pines, #1)
  • Rural Voices: 15 Authors Challenge Assumptions About Small-Town America
  • The War at Ellsmere
  • Mary: The Adventures of Mary Shelley's Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Granddaughter
  • The Backstagers #5 (of 8)
  • The Backstagers #6 (of 8)
  • The Backstagers #8 (of 8)
  • The Backstagers #7 (of 8)
  • The Backstagers #4 (of 8)
  • Cheer Up: Love and Pompoms
  • Spirit Hunters
  • By Night #4
Adiba Jaigirdar was born in Dhaka, Bangladesh, and has been living in Dublin, Ireland from the age of ten. She has a BA in English and History, and an MA in Postcolonial Studies. She is a contributor for Bookriot. All of her writing is aided by tea, and a healthy dose of Janelle Monáe and Hayley Kiyoko. When not writing, she can be found ranting about the ills of colonialism, playing video games, ...more

Articles featuring this book