Start by marking “Never Again” as Want to Read:
Never Again

Never Again

(Quicksand #3)

When Carlos Hortado left Toronto and the love of his life, it was the hardest decision he’d ever made. Eventually, he learned to live with the regret and build a life for himself as an up-and-coming artist in a new city. Then one day he sees her again—and the memories of what they used to share won’t leave him. He allowed her father to chase him away the first time, but no ...more
Published January 10th 2020 by Garden Avenue Press

To ask other readers questions about Never Again, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Never Again

Start your review of Never Again
MARQUETTA
This book was a snoozer. The drama between Carlos and Carmen was nothing special. The characters supposedly have this grand love and passion for each other but for me, it didn't come across on the page. I skimmed a lot. Thought about DNFing it. Wish I had because the conflict and resolution was lackluster. Just like the characters. ...more
Tracey
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!!
Bella
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I usually enjoy books by Delaney Diamond but this book was a huge miss for me.
Rosie J.
Three years ago, Carmen Reeves was unceremoniously dumped by her then boyfriend Carlos Hortado. She's the daughter of a wealthy businessman and he's the son of a struggling single mother. Fate reunites the lovers though Carlos tries to resist the inevitable until another chance meeting have them both remembering their love and passion for each other.

Of course, Carlos has a secret that needs to be told, which he doesn't reveal although he had ample opportunity. You already know what happens! When
Erika
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed the book

Because i could really feel the love between Carlos and Carmen. I would have enjoyed to know more about Carmen’s father and Carlos’ siblings. What I didn’t like about the book. Her father. What he did to
Carlos in my opinion amounted to blackmail. He basically played on a young poor kid’s insecurities and dangled life changing money in front of him. I really hate when parents want to live their children’s life under the cover of love and wanting to protect them. Alfred act
Mary
Loved it 😍😍

Carmen and Carlos, a great second chance love story. Separated for three years and a chance meeting on the streets of Atlanta. They had hurdles (secrets, mistrust and an overbearing father) to overcome, but they had their HEA.
Nancy  L Thompson
Not Really Sure....

This book didn't really give me a very good vibe. It felt like a lot of "in-between" stuff was missing. Or maybe it was just me. It stayed what nationality everyone was except the father. Why was that. That's why the 3 stars , cause maybe it's n just me.....
Alice
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
True love can't be bought!

Carlos and Carmen's story reminds me of many I have heard of and read about that occurs among the affluent in society. It always amazes me how much of the oppressor's mores` and values Black folk have internalized and emulate among the Black affluent in society. I am further amazed and quite a bit dismayed at how all of the other ethnic groups of color behave prejudicially towards each other much in the same way Caucasians disdain every ethnic group that is different fr
Cheryl Mcneil
Never Again is the third book of the Quicksand series. Carmen Reeves is focused on expanding her Families business, Fit Body gyms, into the Atlanta market. Carlos Hortado relocated to Atlanta after he walked out of Carmen’s life.

When Carmen and Carlos see each other for the first time in a few years, the reader knows right away that they still have feelings for each other. They easily fall back into physical intimacy, but can they get past the hurt and barriers and start again?

Ms. Diamond often
Deena
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok Carlos...

I've never liked rings and bracelets on men, but they sounded hella sexy on Carlos. I loved his whole vibe and could totally see why Carmen had a hard time letting that old thing go, lol. I initially thought Carmen was too young and immature for this relationship, but while she's young, she was much more mature than I thought. I really liked her dedication to learning and helping to grow her family's very successful business. She's a smart cookie.

Loved the pacing of the story. I fig
Joyce M. H.
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: delaney-diamond
This is the 3rd book in this Quicksand Series.
Carmen Reeves was a young naive rich girl who falls for Carlos Hartado a struggling artist who Alfred Reeves Carmen's dad own of Fit Body Gyms never really gave a chance.
Carmen was willing to give everything just to be with Carlos but he convinced Carmen to go back home.

It has been a couple of years and while in Atlanta on business Carmen sees Carlos and he is rather cold to her because he made a deal with Carmen's dad that should've never been mad
Cammyjoe
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Carmen & Carlos

I felt for Carlos, for him to be young and in love and being treated like a second class citizen, like you are nothing... People and their uppity, snobbish attitude can destroyed someone, so i see why Carlos had to made the decision that he made. And , poor young Carmen, was devastated because of it. Their love however was strong and what meant to be will be.
Let them tell you in their own words, grab a copy.
great read!!
Sassha Reads❤️❤️
Second Chance

This was a very good story about a second chance at love with Carlos and Carmen. What grated my nerves was that she was twenty five years old and still sneaking to live her life the way that she wanted to so she wouldn't get in trouble with her daddy. I'm glad that they got their HEA in the end.
Dinese E.
Aug 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book proved one major thing: Once you fall in love with the right person there's no way on Earth anyone can keep you apart.

This was so much more than about second chances. It was coming round to be with your soul mate. Carlos was SO hot and sexy and Spanish. Whew! Carmen was stupid and naive in some parts which could be annoying but got it together near the end.

Great book.
Carolyn
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An excellent chance

Carlos needed a second chance to prove to Carmen he'd made a big mistake. Her smug and very rich father wasn't about to let that happen. Class-ism at the finest. Love prevailed, and the socialite received a chance to have it all, and her not so wealthy man.
Ruby M. Bullock
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Outstanding story

This book really moved me. It highlighted how we can make unwise choices which impact our lives negatively. By grace, this couple was able to work thru their difficulties. Excellent writing Ms. Diamond.
Selina Durio
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable read

This was a great multicultural story of love lost and found. Carmen and Carlos are from two different worlds and those differences tore them apart. Sometimes it takes more than love!
Izzie d
Jan 30, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: second-chance
Cheryl Sherrod
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So Good

I love when characters are mismatched...but I must say the wealth & privelege is usually in the heroes favor but the switch up was nice. Love the couple's chemistry (Carlos you alright with me)! Keep it coming Delaney!
Faith Crittenden
Not a bad book just not........

It was a ok book. It was a typical ending. Poor boy rich girl parent doesn’t like. I just was hoping for a different flow to the book. I was a little bored.
Fredericka J Fisher
Carlos and Carmen

Beautiful Story, I'm glad that the couple was able to straighten out there differences and that her father was able to accept Carlos. This couple was very strong. Great writing from the author.
Sabrina Hamilton
What an Awesome Love Story

This quick book has me in my feelings. The passion and love Carlos and Carmen had for each other came across the pages loud and clear. Kudos to Delaney Diamond on another amazing story.
Tigger
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Started off slow for me...but pushed on, upset with the father; loved the storyline!

Another wonderful story by D. Diamond
Olubunmi Akinadewo
Beautiful

Such a lovely and beautiful story of second chance. Love is such a beautiful thing, great work Ms Delaney like all your other stories this was so awesome
Myrlita Clark
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read
Chameika Jarrett
HEA..always!

I always look forward to a Diamond romance. Short reads that pack alot of feelings. Looking forward to the next quicksand read!
Linda D. Christiani
Linda Christiani

This series has the best name ever quicksand and that is just what this story is about how the more you fight the deeper you get pulled in!!
Amaka Azie
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Totally enjoyed this sweet read. Didn’t see the twist at the end coming. Well worth spending the entire day reading 😊
Lorice DeBlanc-Brim
Wow!

I wouldn't know what to do in a situation Carlos was placed in. To decide between monetary gain or the true love of your life, that's a big question mark for me.
Ava Smith-forrest
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
#3

Good read if you haven't read books one and two I recommend you get them and read them in order

• And This I Swear (In The Heart of a Valentine #7)
  • No Coincidence
  • Jah (Them Boys, #2)
  • Caden's #Situationship (To Marry a Madden #3)
  • Shu (Them Boys #3)
  • Betrayed (Atlanta's Finest #5)
  • Seduced by a Steele (Forged of Steele #12)
  • In Pursuit of You (In The Heart of A Valentine #6)
  • Teach Me
  • Impromptu Seduction (In The Heart of a Valentine Book 8)
  • Claimed by a Steele (Forged of Steele #13)
  • An Alpha's Trust
  • Husband Material
  • Show Me (Irresistible Husband)
  • Set (Them Boys, #1)
  • The Bennetts' Wedding
  • The Wife He Needs (Westmoreland Legacy: The Outlaws Book 1)
  • New Year, New Boo?
Delaney Diamond is the USA Today Bestselling Author of sweet, sensual, passionate romance novels. She's also the owner of Garden Avenue Press, a digital-first press where she publishes other authors. Born and raised in the U.S. Virgin Islands, Atlanta, Georgia is now her home. She reads romance novels, mysteries, thrillers, and a fair amount of nonfiction.

When she's not busy reading or writing, s

Quicksand (3 books)
  • A Powerful Attraction (Quicksand #1)
  • Without You (Quicksand Book 2)

News & Interviews