Start by marking “Marvel Loki Where Mischief Lies (Young Adult Fiction)” as Want to Read:
Marvel Loki Where Mischief Lies (Young Adult Fiction)

Marvel Loki Where Mischief Lies (Young Adult Fiction)

An epic tale across the realms. A deadly power that spans millennia. A story of struggle and betrayal, this adventure is told through the patchwork past of Marvel's most misunderstood mischief-maker of all time: Loki: Trickster. God of Asgard. Brother.

This is the first of three young adult novels from New York Times best-selling author Mackenzi Lee that explores the
Published December 21st 2019 by Igloo Books (first published September 3rd 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Marvel Loki Where Mischief Lies, please sign up.
Mackenzi Hi! I think this question is technically about my GUIDE series, but I'll take it here :) No plans for a third book right now but that's such an…moreHi! I think this question is technically about my GUIDE series, but I'll take it here :) No plans for a third book right now but that's such an interesting idea! I wouldn't mind seeing fanfiction of that.....just saying ;) (less)

Start your review of Marvel Loki Where Mischief Lies (Young Adult Fiction)
Chaima ✨ شيماء
Mackenzi Lee, flexing on Marvel Studios: I'm bringing back canonically pansexual and genderfluid Loki and none of you COWARDS can stop me
Chelsea Humphrey
Happy Pub Day!

"Loki was convinced everyone loathed the feasts but no one dared say so for fear of appearing small-minded. Being quite confident of the size of his mind-large-and his ability to walk in heels, he was comfortable saying it."

description

Hi, hello, YES YOU! Could I have a moment of your time to tell you about this Marvel masterpiece? It features everyone's favorite god of mischief, and the author has portrayed him as canonically intended. I knew this book would be enjoyable, but I wasn't sure
Nick
May 02, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
this is what dreams are made of
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
*takes one look and adds it to TBR*

- Loki
- 19th-century London
- Mackenzi Lee

Do I have to say more?
I'm already SOLD!!! XD

This is the book I've been waiting for without even knowing it! <333
I can't wait to read this! September 2019 is going to be an awesome month!

P.S: How amazing is that cover?! =)))
Pie
Dec 10, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Mackenzi Lee + more historical novels + Loki?! Quick question, did someone just reach into my brain and take out everything I want in a novel? AND Loki's going to be gender fluid and pansexual according to her announcement on Twitter!
Mary S. R.
May 01, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Marvel/superheroes, adorers of Loki the Mischievous and Magnificent
Recommended to Mary by: My love for Loki, who'd you think?
[1 May 2019]
Rejoice! There's a cover and a full synopsis for Mackenzi Lee's new YA Fantasy trilogy about the trickster Loki! And in case you live in the 18th century: she is the author of The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue :|
The cover gives full Marvel superhero vibes which is its aim love it.

HOWEVER. WTF is wrong with the pop culture and this generation! As soon as anyone hears “Loki” they go “Marvel!

Doesn't anybody know that Loki's origins don't lie with Marvel and that they took it
Rose
Dec 12, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Update: Mackenzi says it fine, so we're back to having outrageously high standards.

Ummmm, did you guys read the summary for this book? Where's the queer representation? Who is Amora? Where's the genderfluid Loki? What's happening?
Clemlucian (&#x1f3f3;️‍&#x1f308;the villain's quest)

THE END FUCKED ME UP.
Katie.dorny
Sep 06, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
This a very typical ya novel that barely skimmed the surface of its potential from one of my trusted ya authors. It’s engaging but too neatly wrapped for what the story of Loki could have been.

Loki is a fabulous lgbtq+ character, blatantly genderfluid and that is something that cannot be undersold. It’s discussed openly and with such a nonchalance that I loved it. I wish we could all live like that.

However, Loki is let down by his supporting cast and plot. They are shallow, rigid and just plough
Tucker
Jan 05, 2019 marked it as not-released-tbr  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Edit: We have a cover! Thoughts?

Were getting a villain in the DC Icons series? Loki is a villain right? I honestly know nothing about the DC universe

| Goodreads | Blog | Twitch | Pinterest | Buy this book
Lauren Lanzilotta
Loki will always and forever be my evil snake boy.

“You're already the villain in everyone's stories, Loki," she replied, dropping her veil over her face. "Why not start playing your part?”

I swear to you, Mackenzi Lee pulled the Marvel straight out of Loki. Dialogue between him and Thor was spectacular, and I mean almost exactly as I would have imagined it coming from an Avengers movie.

‘Before the days of going toe-to-toe with the Avengers, a younger Loki is desperate to prove himself heroic
Faith Simon
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
He could be the witch. He could be the villain. He could be the trickster, the schemer, the self-serving God of Chaos, prove the mythology books right. Prove them all right in what they had all thought, that he was rotten from the start. He would serve no man but himself, no heart but his own. That would be his choice. He could be the witch. Be the witch, and know everything.

So uhhh yeah I finished this in a day. My partner and I read this book as a buddy-read, and I was so engrossed in the
Lea ♞ That_Bookdragon
2/5

I honestly don't know how to rate this book. I liked it but at the same time I didn't so it's kind of a weird situation here... I'm not sure it's a 2 stars but I'll leave it like that for the moment and maybe change it later. Sorry if this review is a mess, I'm a mess, everything is a mess.

"Asgardians don't want their princes to be magicians. It's not the sort of power they value."

In itself, I thought the book was pretty okay. I didn't know what to expect of it after Marvel what Marvel
Taylor

Mackenzie Lee is writing a Loki YA book?? YES PLEASE.
♠ TABI ♠
Dec 11, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
guess who got an ARC of this and will probably drop my 50 other reads to cackle with delight over this???

I AM HERE FOR MY FAVORITE GOD OF SASS AND PRANKS!!!!

and now the wait . . .

description

BUT JUST LOOK AT THAT COVER AND BLURB!!!!!!
fablesandwren
Loki is my favorite omg I’m living for this. This book is why I have hope in the world. Lee is going to nail this. Im so incredibly PUMPED.
Ellie (faerieontheshelf)
loki: i think yes bitch

(Loki is chanelling those Kaz Brekker vibes on the cover here I see)

ALSO LOKI IN NINTEENTH CENTURY LONDON ARE YOU JOKING MARVEL KNOWS HOW TO GET MY CASH
TL
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nothing to say but Loved it:)
rin ( ̄ヘ ̄)	 read/watch mo dao zu shi
mackenzi lee is writing a series abt marvel anti heroes and it starts with loki and it's in a historical setting and there's a big mf possibility it's going to be queer please take all my money mackenzi
Gabry
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5

My poor baby.
Yusra  ✨
Sep 18, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
i’m ready for this, whatever it is.
Diana
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Vid review (blurry one, sorry) will be available Nov, 2nd, 2019 here: https://youtu.be/q9TclM05hRY
Amber
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooksiown
Loki is sent to Midgard for a little while to help the Sharp Society a.k.a. Shield in 19th century London to see who has been draining people dry of their lives and turning them into corpses. Will he be successful or is he the villain everyone knows him as? Read on and find out for yourself.

For fans of the MCU movies, everyone will love this take on the young version of Loki and Thor before they become mortal enemies. Be sure to check this book out at your local library and wherever books are
Lauren Elise
Pre-Reading Updates

Right okay so I’m just finding out about this now?? Loki is my favourite Marvel character so I really hope this doesn’t turn out horrible.

also if Loki dies in Infinity War so help me

Infinity War Spoiler: (view spoiler)
Sabrina
Jan 14, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Oh, a book about my evil son.
♛primadonna♛
*Thanks goodness I'm auto-approved for Disney Book Group on Netgalley!!!!!!!*

My ARC copy of the book was provided by the publisher and the author through NetGalley in exchange for a fair, unbiased review.
Chad
Oct 22, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
A solid YA tale of Loki in his younger days. Odin sends Loki to Midgard (Earth) to investigate some strange murders in Victorian England. That's all of the plot you really need to know. Lee does treat Loki as non-binary, comfortable as a man or a woman being a shape-shifter and attracted to both sexes. Most of the book deals with Loki's struggle between doing good or not, as he's already been cast as the villain. This is definitely out of continuity. Not a bad tale, but nothing Earth shattering ...more
Nikki (Book Allure)
How did I not see that this finally has a release date!!! I'm so excited
Fiona✨
SEPTEMBER 3, I REPEAT, SEPTEMBER 3!! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!!
Lauren Stoolfire
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Loki is one of my favorite characters of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and in Norse mythology as well. I'm not very familiar with his comic book counterpart - yet. So when I heard Mackenzi Lee was writing a young Loki novel set in the 19th century I was already sold. I love her brand of historical fiction and somehow I managed to get approved for the ARC via NetGalley. Luckily for me this was a great introduction to young Loki. His voice is spot

• Wayward Son (Simon Snow, #2)
  • Pumpkinheads
  • Loki: The God Who Fell to Earth
  • The Guinevere Deception (Camelot Rising, #1)
  • Teen Titans: Raven
  • Loki: Agent of Asgard - The Complete Collection
  • Heart of the Moors: An Original Maleficent: Mistress of Evil Novel
  • Red, White & Royal Blue
  • Call Down the Hawk (Dreamer Trilogy, #1)
  • Loki (2019) #3
  • Loki (2019) #2
  • The Bone Houses
  • Mooncakes
  • Conceal, Don't Feel (Twisted Tales #7)
  • Loki (2019) #4
  • Loki (2019-) #1
  • Ninth House (Alex Stern, #1)
  • The Queen of Nothing
Mackenzi Lee holds a BA in history and an MFA in writing for children and young adults from Simmons College. She is the New York Times bestselling author of the historical fantasy novels THIS MONSTROUS THING, THE GENTLEMAN'S GUIDE TO VICE AND VIRTUE, which won a 2018 Stonewall Honor Award and the New England Book Award, and its sequel, THE LADY'S GUIDE TO PETTICOATS AND PIRACY, which debuted at #3 ...more
“Perhaps the future was only inevitable once you began to shape all your actions to fit it.” 12 likes
“I wish I could make your world want you," Theo said.

"Yours too," Loki replied.”
6 likes