Start by marking “Loki: Where Mischief Lies” as Want to Read:
Loki: Where Mischief Lies

Loki: Where Mischief Lies

(Marvel Press Novels)

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  8,311 ratings  ·  1,736 reviews
An epic tale across the realms. A deadly power that spans millennia. A story of struggle and betrayal, this adventure is told through the patchwork past of Marvel's most misunderstood mischief-maker of all time: Loki: Trickster. God of Asgard. Brother.

This is the first of three young adult novels from New York Times best-selling author Mackenzi Lee that explores the untapp
Published December 21st 2019 by Igloo Books (first published September 3rd 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Loki, please sign up.
Mackenzi I don't know but I'm dyyyyyyying to tell you more! But I'm counting down the days too! …moreI don't know but I'm dyyyyyyying to tell you more! But I'm counting down the days too! (less)
Mackenzi Hi! I think this question is technically about my GUIDE series, but I'll take it here :) No plans for a third book right now but that's such an intere…moreHi! I think this question is technically about my GUIDE series, but I'll take it here :) No plans for a third book right now but that's such an interesting idea! I wouldn't mind seeing fanfiction of that.....just saying ;) (less)

·  8,311 ratings  ·  1,736 reviews

Start your review of Loki: Where Mischief Lies
Chelsea Humphrey
Happy Pub Day!

"Loki was convinced everyone loathed the feasts but no one dared say so for fear of appearing small-minded. Being quite confident of the size of his mind-large-and his ability to walk in heels, he was comfortable saying it."

description

Hi, hello, YES YOU! Could I have a moment of your time to tell you about this Marvel masterpiece? It features everyone's favorite god of mischief, and the author has portrayed him as canonically intended. I knew this book would be enjoyable, but I wasn't sure ju
NReads
May 02, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
this is what dreams are made of
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
*takes one look and adds it to TBR*

- Loki
- 19th-century London
- Mackenzi Lee

Do I have to say more?
I'm already SOLD!!! XD

This is the book I've been waiting for without even knowing it! <333
I can't wait to read this! September 2019 is going to be an awesome month!

P.S: How amazing is that cover?! =)))
Pie
Dec 10, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Mackenzi Lee + more historical novels + Loki?! Quick question, did someone just reach into my brain and take out everything I want in a novel? AND Loki's going to be gender fluid and pansexual according to her announcement on Twitter! ...more
clem
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

THE END FUCKED ME UP.
Maryam Rz.
May 01, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Marvel/superheroes, adorers of Loki the Mischievous and Magnificent
Recommended to Maryam by: My love for Loki, who'd you think?
[1 May 2019]
Rejoice! There's a cover and a full synopsis for Mackenzi Lee's new YA Fantasy trilogy about the trickster Loki! And in case you live in the 18th century: she is the author of The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue :|
The cover gives full Marvel superhero vibes which is its aim 😍 love it.

HOWEVER. WTF is wrong with the pop culture and this generation! As soon as anyone hears “Loki” they go “Marvel!” 😐

Doesn't anybody know that Loki's origins don't lie with Marvel and that they too
Katie.dorny
Sep 06, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtq, 2019
This a very typical ya novel that barely skimmed the surface of its potential from one of my trusted ya authors. It’s engaging but too neatly wrapped for what the story of Loki could have been.

Loki is a fabulous lgbtq+ character, blatantly genderfluid and that is something that cannot be undersold. It’s discussed openly and with such a nonchalance that I loved it. I wish we could all live like that.

However, Loki is let down by his supporting cast and plot. They are shallow, rigid and just plough
human
(2.5/5)

Me starting this book:

Me not even halfway through:

To say that I am disappointed would be an understatement.

Angry?

Disappointed?
Very.

Hotel?
Trivago.

I can honestly say that I went into this book very excited. I almost screamed when I found out it was on Hoopla (keyword: almost. I have a reputation to maintain, y'all), and then immediately proceeded to tell my friend all about it. (I'm so glad you enjoyed this, btw!)

As I began to read this, I found my concentration slipping and slipping.
Tucker  (TuckerTheReader)
Edit: We have a cover! Thoughts?

Were getting a villain in the DC Icons series? Loki is a villain right? I honestly know nothing about the DC universe

| Goodreads | Blog | Pinterest | LinkedIn | YouTube | Instagram
Lauren Lanz
Loki will always and forever be my evil snake boy.

“You're already the villain in everyone's stories, Loki," she replied, dropping her veil over her face. "Why not start playing your part?”

I swear to you, Mackenzi Lee pulled the Marvel straight out of Loki. Dialogue between him and Thor was spectacular, and I mean almost exactly as I would have imagined it coming from an Avengers movie.

‘Before the days of going toe-to-toe with the Avengers, a younger Loki is desperate to prove himself heroic
Faith Simon
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
He could be the witch. He could be the villain. He could be the trickster, the schemer, the self-serving God of Chaos, prove the mythology books right. Prove them all right in what they had all thought, that he was rotten from the start. He would serve no man but himself, no heart but his own. That would be his choice. He could be the witch. Be the witch, and know everything.

So uhhh yeah I finished this in a day. My partner and I read this book as a buddy-read, and I was so engrossed in the stor
TL
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nothing to say but Loved it:)
♠ TABI⁷ ♠
Shelves: netgalley
guess who got an ARC of this and will probably drop my 50 other reads to cackle with delight over this???

I AM HERE FOR MY FAVORITE GOD OF SASS AND PRANKS!!!!

and now the wait . . .

description

BUT JUST LOOK AT THAT COVER AND BLURB!!!!!!
Meaghan
Sep 05, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bea-arcs-2019, 2020
Whew, that was uh, something.

(I want to preface this review by reminding others that Mackenzi Lee has made some problematic choices in the past, from signing the books of other authors without their permission to how poorly she handled writing a book with a trans MC. Because of this, things that I may have left slip for other authors I may have judged more harshly here. However, no matter who this was written by, this book would not be considered above 2 stars for me.)

I wasn't planning on readi
rin
Dec 11, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
mackenzi lee is writing a series abt marvel anti heroes and it starts with loki and it's in a historical setting and there's a big mf possibility it's going to be queer please take all my money mackenzi ...more
Yusra  ✨
Sep 18, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
i’m ready for this, whatever it is.
Collin
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: superheroes
Deeply disappointing, ngl. I’ve been waiting for this book ever since it was announced, and for it to come out like this - poorly written; badly characterized; inconsequential to (MCU) canon at best, contradictory at worst; “”diverse”” in such a weak, wishy-washy way that it might as well not have been “”diverse”” at all - is... yeah, deeply disappointing.

I may or may not write a longer review depending on what kind of angry this disappointment makes me.

[2 Hours Later]

Okay okay okay, if Mackenz
Diana
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Vid review (blurry one, sorry) will be available Nov, 2nd, 2019 here: https://youtu.be/q9TclM05hRY ...more
laur gluchie
Apr 18, 2018 marked it as up-next  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: marvel
Pre-Reading Updates

Right okay so I’m just finding out about this now?? Loki is my second favorite Marvel character so I really hope this doesn’t turn out horrible. 🤞🏼

also if Loki dies in Infinity War so help me

Infinity War Spoiler: (view spoiler)
Brittany
I initially was going to rate this book 4 stars, but I remember how many times it made me laugh and how much fun it was to listen to, and if that doesn't deserve 5 stars, then what does?

Sure, it wasn't Earth-shattering literature, but it was fun. Mackenzi Lee did a phenomenal job grasping the essence of the more recent Marvel personality of Loki. Oliver Wyman did a superb job of bringing these words to life. In fact, he did such a fantastic job that I'm not even sure that I could have liked it a
Amber
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooksiown
Loki is sent to Midgard for a little while to help the Sharp Society a.k.a. Shield in 19th century London to see who has been draining people dry of their lives and turning them into corpses. Will he be successful or is he the villain everyone knows him as? Read on and find out for yourself.

For fans of the MCU movies, everyone will love this take on the young version of Loki and Thor before they become mortal enemies. Be sure to check this book out at your local library and wherever books are so
Fiona✨
SEPTEMBER 3, I REPEAT, SEPTEMBER 3!! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!!
claire
May 09, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
“There is always a choice.”
♛primadonna♛
*Thanks goodness I'm auto-approved for Disney Book Group on Netgalley!!!!!!!*

My ARC copy of the book was provided by the publisher and the author through NetGalley in exchange for a fair, unbiased review.
Lauren Stoolfire
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Loki is one of my favorite characters of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and in Norse mythology as well. I'm not very familiar with his comic book counterpart - yet. So when I heard Mackenzi Lee was writing a young Loki novel set in the 19th century I was already sold. I love her brand of historical fiction and somehow I managed to get approved for the ARC via NetGalley. Luckily for me this was a great introduction to young Loki. His voice is spot
Alexandra
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
This review will be posted on Ideally Inspired Reviewers as part of their team.

HELLO SMIRKING LOKI! I am going to cuddle you!

Chad
Oct 22, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
A solid YA tale of Loki in his younger days. Odin sends Loki to Midgard (Earth) to investigate some strange murders in Victorian England. That's all of the plot you really need to know. Lee does treat Loki as non-binary, comfortable as a man or a woman being a shape-shifter and attracted to both sexes. Most of the book deals with Loki's struggle between doing good or not, as he's already been cast as the villain. This is definitely out of continuity. Not a bad tale, but nothing Earth shattering ...more
Nikki
Dec 19, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-anticipated
How did I not see that this finally has a release date!!! I'm so excited ...more
Monique
Dec 11, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I'm a simple woman who likes simple math:

Him being pansexual
=
Me screaming "Hell yeah!"
explorerofbooks
Jun 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As some may know, I’m obsessed with mythology and with superheroes, and I have a solid adoration for Loki’s character. So when a book in his narrative experience comes out accompanied by Mackenzi Lee's queer writing, you can sign me up.

Whereas Loki simply wants to show he’s capable, no one has ever truly expected he’ll do some good in the world. The only support in his life is Amora, a soon-to-be sorceress who sees the beauty in magic. When one of Asgard’s objects accidentally crumbles to dust

• Loki: The God Who Fell to Earth
  • Loki: Agent of Asgard - The Complete Collection
  • Loki: Agent of Asgard, Vol. 1: Trust Me
  • Forever Red (Black Widow, #1)
  • Loki: Agent of Asgard, Vol. 2: I Cannot Tell a Lie
  • The Order of Chaos (The Nine Worlds Rising #2)
  • Loki: Agent of Asgard, Vol. 3: Last Days
  • Vote Loki
  • Red Vengeance (Black Widow, #2)
  • Girl Gone Viral (Modern Love, #2)
  • Captain America by Ta-Nehisi Coates, Vol. 2: Captain of Nothing
  • Dear Haiti, Love Alaine
  • Snow, Glass, Apples [Chapbook]
  • The Stars We Steal
  • Chilling Effect (Chilling Effect, #1)
  • The Grey Sisters
See top shelves…
Mackenzi Lee holds a BA in history and an MFA in writing for children and young adults from Simmons College. She is the New York Times bestselling author of the historical fantasy novels THIS MONSTROUS THING, THE GENTLEMAN'S GUIDE TO VICE AND VIRTUE, which won a 2018 Stonewall Honor Award and the New England Book Award, and its sequel, THE LADY'S GUIDE TO PETTICOATS AND PIRACY, which debuted at #3 ...more

Marvel Press Novels (1 - 10 of 30 books)
  • Mary Jane
  • Mary Jane 2 (Spider-Man) (Bk. 2)
  • Astonishing X-Men: Gifted Prose Novel
  • New Avengers: Breakout
  • Iron Man: Extremis Prose Novel
  • The Death of Captain America
  • Guardians of the Galaxy: Rocket Raccoon & Groot Steal The Galaxy
  • Forever Red (Black Widow, #1)
  • Red Vengeance (Black Widow, #2)
  • Rocket and Groot: Stranded on Planet Strip Mall!