Start by marking “Deathless Divide (Dread Nation 2)” as Want to Read:
Deathless Divide (Dread Nation 2)

Deathless Divide

(Dread Nation #2)

The sequel to Dread Nation is a journey of revenge and salvation across a divided America.

After the fall of Summerland, Jane McKeene hoped her life would get simpler: Get out of town, stay alive, and head west to California to find her mother.

But nothing is easy when you're a girl trained in putting down the restless dead, and a devastating loss on the road to a protected
Published February 4th 2020 by Titan Books (UK)

To ask other readers questions about Deathless Divide, please sign up.
Cook Varen Advice to save your marriage and get your Ex Boyfriend/girlfriend back ,contact assurancesolutionhome@gmail.com for Urgent effective love Spell to get…moreAdvice to save your marriage and get your Ex Boyfriend/girlfriend back ,contact assurancesolutionhome@gmail.com for Urgent effective love Spell to get ex lover back or save you marriage fast and his result is 100% guarantee.
i want to give thanks to Dr.Larry for bringing back my ex Wife. No one could have ever made me believe that the letter I’m about to write would actually one day be written. I was the world’s biggest skeptic. I never believed in magic spells or anything like this, but I was told by a reliable source (a very close co-worker) that Trust is a very dedicated, gifted, and talented person,It was one of the best things I have ever done. My love life was in shambles; I had been through two divorces and was on the brink of a third. I just couldn't face another divorce, and I wanted to try harder to make our relationship work, but my WIfe didn’t seem to care. and She broke up with me again. I was confuse and do not no what to do again, rather than to get in contact with Dr.Larry . He did a love spell that make my Wife come back to me. we are now very much happy with our self. Dr.Larry make her to realize how much we love and need each other.This man is for REAL and for good. he can also help you to fix your broken relationship. I had my Wife back! It was like a miracle! She suddenly wanted to go to marriage counseling, and we’re doing very, very well, in our love life.

View on youtube https://youtu.be/ginVXzh2Q78 EMAIL: assurancesolutionhome@gmail.com    CALL/WHATSAPP: +2348102316854(less)

Start your review of Deathless Divide (Dread Nation 2)
AJ
Feb 03, 2018 marked it as arc-to-read  ·  review of another edition
*crying because I really want this book and need more Jane McKeene in my life*
viktoria
How do I review a book that wrecked my heart so thoroughly without blubbering or spoiling everything or just keyboard smashing?

Not well! But I'll try.

This was not the book I expected it to be; I enjoyed it nevertheless. I tried not to picture anything with Deathless Divide. Still, I had a vague idea of what I thought might happen. The book literally had nothing in common with my idea other than it being awesome. But thank goodness, because I never would've come up with this.

If Dread Nation is
megs_bookrack
Seriously, though...

Waiting on my library hold...

Will I even survive?!

Samantha Sophia
Junstina Ireland did not come to play with us in book 1: alternative Historical zombie sci-fi where the Zombie apocalypse abruptly ends the Civil War and black people are free but subject to a caste system that places them as trained zombie fighters to protect white people. I'm ready for book 2 and hoping for a Netflix series.

description
Betty
The survivalist "utopia" of Summerland fell to a horde. Jane McKeene and Katherine Deveraux, along with six other survivors, escaped the death and destruction with one immediate goal: to get somewhere safe. But where can safety be found in a world where the dead walk the earth? For Jane, wherever they go is just a stop along the way. Now that she knows where her mother is, she plans to find her. Plans tend to go awry, however, and the small group of survivors will face calamities resulting in ...more
Nemo (The Moonlight Library)
This review was originally posted on The Moonlight Library

See original review for GIFs!

Deathless Divide was the perfect sequel to Dread Nation. PERFECT.

Whereas Dread Nation (which everyone lost their minds for, myself included, because Civil War era zombies and a black female warrior lead? Oh. My. God. Yes.) sold itself on 'combat school for Negro girls', it really wove in a plot that expanded beyond the school and into a dystopic settlement called Summerland, where a young scientist was trying
Books on Stereo
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant and brutal in every way.
Audrey
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
Jane the zombie slayer is back and she’s definitely back with and for a vengeance. This time, we also get Katherine’s pov and it definitely enhances the story. Here, the plot picks up where it ended in Dread Nation and details were artfully woven to refresh one’s memory. Overall, it’s a satisfying read, where the ending could be continued or not.

Some issues: the pacing was off. I was immediately drawn in and then it lagged about half way. It did pick up again. Even a bigger issue is the
The FountainPenDiva, Old school geek chick and lover of teddy bears
HOLY SHIT BATMAN!!!! LOOK AT THAT COVER!!!

FIVE STARS AUTOMATICALLY FOR THE COVER ALONE!!!

THE FOUNTAIN PEN DIVA HAS SPOKEN. MAKE IT SO!
Cindee
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book it was better than the first book it was so well written. I loved the characters so very much especially Jane and Katherine I loved the friendship between them and Katherine's unwillingness to ever give up on Jane no matter the things Jane does with Jane being willing to do anything for Katherine. I loved Jane for her strength and her vulnerability she rarely shows I really loved her character so much. What I loved about Katherine was her tenacious will and how she never ever ...more
Diana
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Vid review will be available here https://youtu.be/5eK_oHICrAI on Feb, 12th, 2020
Alexandra
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an e-ARC from Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review. Review can also be found on *Milky Way of Books*

I have to say that Justina Ireland makes a glorious comeback with the second and final book in the Dread Nation series! The friendship, the girl power, and the plot twist! Holy wow I didn't see all these clues coming together and exploding like a bomb!

I have to say that while Jane kind of annoyed me I loved Katherine's POV! She is smart, reliable and also trusted all the right
Justine
Feb 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-read
A rewarding sequel to the amazing Dread Nation.

Ireland really digs deeper into her characters, and both Jane and Katherine have a chance to shine here. If you come for the zombies, you will definitely get that, but what will keep you invested is the fantastic portrayal of female friendship. The love and loyalty between friends is so well done, and one of the most interesting parts of the book.

While mostly things are pretty fast paced, the story felt a bit lax in the middle for awhile while it
Adah Udechukwu
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Deathless Divide was an exceptional read. It was a worthwhile sequel.
Emma
Jan 09, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs, 2020
Deathless Divide was a mixed bag for me. First off, I can't imagine how hard it was to write a sequel to a book as beloved and hyped as Dread Nation.

This is in some ways tonally quite different from Dread Nation, which made sense for plot reasons though I found it a bit disappointing. In the spirit of avoiding spoilers, that's all I have to say on that matter.

The world-building in Deathless Divide was just as incredible as its predecessor and it was so neat to see more of this alternate United
Deep_Abyss
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amy
Feb 06, 2020 rated it liked it
USOM
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
(Disclaimer: I received this book from Edelweiss. This has not impacted my review which is unbiased and honest.)

I rarely re-read books, but after finishing Deathless Divide my first thought was, "Yes I would dive back into that". I don't know what higher praise you need? Deathless Divide not only features these two bad ass black heroines fighting both racism and zombies, but also it turns out that my fave heroines are both queer (and Katherine struggles with anxiety). Besides these amazing
etta
May 01, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: not-yet-released
WINTER 2020????? I STG THAT BETTER MEAN JANUARY FEBRUARY BECAUSE...................... ...more
Shelley
*Source* Publisher
*Genre* Young Adult / Dystopian
*Rating* 3.5

*Thoughts*

Deathless Divide is the second and final installment in author Justina Ireland's Dread Nation duology. As a backdrop, in 1863, the dead began to walk the battlefields of Gettysburg and Chancellorsville—derailing the War Between the States and changing America forever. Laws like the Native and Negro Reeducation Act required certain children attend combat schools to learn to put down the dead. Attendant's Jane McKeene and
Devann
Every bit as good as the first book! I was a bit worried before I picked this up because it is quite a long book by my standards, but I never really felt like it dragged anywhere and it did a job keeping my attention the whole time. I don't want to give too much of the plot away because the author definitely does some daring and unexpected things here, but I think if you liked the first book you will enjoy this one as well. Also I continue to be surprised that I like both Jane and Katherine's ...more
Jks
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The second book was just as wonderful as the first! I laughed, cried and felt the suspense through out the story.
Shannon (It Starts At Midnight)

I loved Dread Nation . Loved, loved, utterly adored. And yet somehow, I lovedDeathless Divideevenmore. So that has to tell you some stuff right off the bat! Now, in the interest of not spoiling anything for either book, I shall do my best to do a vague-ish review that still makes you want to pick up this incredible duology, because tbh you need it in your life.

The Awesomeness:

• The
☕️Kimberly
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-2020
Justin Ireland is brilliant. The story unfolds, giving us perspectives from Jane and Katherine. It was fascinating, terrifying and addictive.

Ireland brought this character-driven story to life and pulled me in. Summerland falls but Jane along with Katherine and others survive and make their way west. Before they reach Nicodemus, the next settlement, they will lose some in their party and discover that the horde of zombies is following. I was biting my nails and loved Jane’s inner dialogue.

Jane
Susan
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"And once more, I despair, my freedom taken so easily. It seems I am a caged bird; no matter how far I fly, I inevitably find myself beating my wings against bars."

__________________________________

There are so many things about Deathless Divide's brilliance that are not my voice, my lane or my position to speak. And so I won't. I will stick to my lane and speak to the story.

It goes without saying that there are many brilliant race, sex and social constructs that Justina Ireland spreads
Shauna Yusko
Could almost be a stand-alone as it gives enough backstory to catch readers up to the story.
Shannon Dyer
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Round up to 4.5 stars. A thrilling sequel! Review to come at AAR.
MsVontrese
Justina Ireland exceeded every expectation I had for this book. It is an absolutely wonderful read. I was on the journey with Jane and Katherine feeling every emotion they experienced. I have to collect my thoughts and may add more later. Well done Justina! Well done!
Museofnyxmares
*I was provided with an ARC of this book by the publisher, in exchange for my honest opinion.

I absolutely loved Dread Nation and I was so excited to pick this up, unfortunately though, I didn't enjoy this as much as I thought I was going to. I found that this book dragged a bit, in a way that Dread Nation never did. There was a lot of travelling right from the start and for most of the novel and it got quite tedious after a short while. I'm not a big fan of books with a lot travelling in them
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
You'll love this ...: Deathless Divide - Mar 7 3 9 Feb 25, 2020 08:05PM
Goodreads Librari...: Page count correction - Deathless Divide 2 14 Feb 05, 2020 06:20AM

• The Secret Commonwealth (The Book of Dust, #2)
  • Upright Women Wanted
  • This Is How You Lose the Time War
  • Nothing to See Here
  • Strange Planet
  • The Unspoken Name (The Serpent Gates, #1)
  • The Wives
  • Red Hood
  • In the Dream House
  • Look Both Ways: A Tale Told in Ten Blocks
  • Lost Stars (Star Wars)
  • Out of the Easy
  • The Sun Down Motel
  • The Good Luck Girls (The Good Luck Girls, #1)
  • Riot Baby
  • Rebel (Legend, #4)
  • The Witches Are Coming
  • How to Do Nothing: Resisting the Attention Economy
Justina Ireland is the New York Times bestselling author of Dread Nation and its sequel Deathless Divide (Balzer + Bray/HarperCollins), the middle-grade novels Star Wars, Flight of the Falcon: Lando’s Luck and Spark of the Resistance, a Star Wars Story (Lucasfilm Books), and the fantasy young adult novels Vengeance Bound and Promise of Shadows (both Simon and Schuster). Her short science fiction ...more

Dread Nation (2 books)
  • Dread Nation (Dread Nation, #1)
“...we know the curse that has been laid upon us--not the curse of bondage, but rather the curse of neglect. This country does not see, nor seek to remedy, the suffering of the Negro, and we are taxed to bear the wrath of white inadequacy.” 3 likes
“I smile tightly, but say nothing. He is trying to protect me, in the simple way men are always trying to protect women: by stealing away their freedom.” 0 likes