Start by marking “Passions of a Papillon” as Want to Read:
Passions of a Papillon

Passions of a Papillon

After you’ve sold your soul to the devil, can you renegotiate with a dog?

Brilliant defense attorney, Finn Morgenstern, knows the worst guys pay best, so defending slimeball, Rance Franklin, becomes his path to senior partner and a whole lot of benefits. But then a walk home to his pricey townhouse brings him face-to-ears with a batshit-crazy little dog who just won’t leave
Published January 21st 2020 by Tara Lain Books

To ask other readers questions about Passions of a Papillon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Passions of a Papillon

Start your review of Passions of a Papillon
Donna
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Passions of a Papillon tells of the healing power of love. And if its instigated by a ball of fluff with big floppy ears well then so much the better. While some of the story is contrived the characters are so sweet you’ll let it slide. Who can resist a sweet little dog, a vet on the run and a lawyer who has lost his way. Take the journey with them and enjoy.
Lena Grey
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“Every once in a while a dog enters your life and changes everything.” ~ Unknown

Finn Morgenstern, of ‘Passions of a Papillon’ by Tara Lain, isn’t crazy about his job as a defense lawyer, especially since his clients are almost certainly guilty. But he needs the money to help support his parents who, as much as he adores them, are perennial hippies who never quite grasped the concept of being fiscally responsible. Other than his parents, he has never felt the desire to be accountable for anyone
Brandee (un)Conventional Bookworms
**4.5 Stars**
I adored Passions of a Papillon ! It has great characters, character growth, romance, suspense, AND it made me want a dog! A papillon specifically. ;)

I was immediately drawn into the story in large part because of a little ball of fluff. When Finn finds her - or maybe it was the other way around? - I knew Batshit was going to win over this non-dog-lover. Once Finn and Batshit meet Emerson, the vet, I knew this trio was fated. However, they had a few obstacles to negotiate before
Bike Book Reviews
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is delightful from the get go, and I was not surprised given who it was written by! Every time I pick up a Tara Lain book I know I am in for a treat!

Finn is a lawyer with some questionable clients, but he justifies defending them by reasoning that the pay affords him the things his upbringing didn't. It takes eight pounds of furry fireball to start the ball rolling on changing Finn's outlook on life, and you will want to be along for that ride for sure!

Em is a Vet who is stunned by
Anabela.M.
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Like a ripple effect,several lives are impacted when prized papillon Marisol took a liking to Finn. She might have looked like a batshit-crazy creature when they first met,but the hilarious thing is Finn named her precisely Batshit. And the name stuck. I mean,who does that? And seriously,I kept snickering all through the book, just imagining the cute,fluff doggie associated to such a nutty tag.

The cutie's name,the way she sauntered into Finn's life are only some of the reasons why 𝗣𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝗮
Sharon Heffernan
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is an absolutely brilliant and funny read, with a crazy loveable dog and stereo typical bad guys, and of course the 2 heroes who fight for good. Tara has written a wonderful book that I know I will be rereading again and again. Warning - Batshit steals every scene as any princess should, and as a cat person it is really saying something that I neeeeeed to have this dog in my life :-)
It is a real one sitting read, a little bit of angst, lots of love, some great one liners and as mentioned a
Paula
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm-vet, mm-dog-lovers
Loved it! Tara Lain never lets me down. Her characters are always so loveable, relatable, and endearing. This book is well laid out and the mystery builds with great foreshadowing. I admire how the characters overcome their hesitations and come together. The dog never fails to impress and totally lives up to her name. Animals are such a part of our families and it's beautiful how she brings them together. So looking forward to continuing the series!
Terri
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was at different times funny, sad, sexy, and exciting. I loved Finn, Em, and Bat. The way Finn and Em fell for each other after being brought together by the precious pup was swoon-worthy. I enjoyed watching Finn change into the man he needed to be, and I appreciated Em trying to overcome his terrifying past. Batshit was an awesome dog, and she wasn't afraid to do what was needed in order to find happiness in her own life. These three made a wonderful loving, crime-fighting family. I ...more
Lynn Stifle
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Gah! This was such an fantastic read! This is my first book by this author and most definitely won't be my last! I totally loved Emerson (Em) and Finn together, and this book is a perfect mix of hot, funny, suspenseful and romantic, that kept me fascinated throughout and turning the pages. Let's not forget about the crazy dog (Batshit) that kept me chuckling and stealing the show! I really enjoyed this book and highly recommend you read it for yourself, you will be glad you did.
kathleen
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I always know that I have a good story waiting for me when I start a Tara Lain book. Passions of a Papillon is no exception.
This is a wonderful mix of humor, a little angst, romance and a dog that steals the show!
I really loved Emerson (Em) and Finn together, their chemistry and connection jumps off the page.
I enjoyed this story from start to finish!
Joscelyn Smith
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A lawyer taking the easy way to success, a vet with secrets, and the crazy ass pooch (cute but oh so cray cray) that brought them together.

This was enjoyable from beginning to end, well-written characters and a highly entertaining storyline made for a story that was hard to put down, so I didn't and read it straight through in one sitting.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book*
Jocelyn Whaley
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic story! It was fun and entertaining. I love the accidental connections that brought the MCs together. Great Job!
Stephanie
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is such a funny and sweet story. I couldn't help but love this story. Finn and Rance are perfect for each other and I do love them as characters. However of course I think that my favorite character is Batshit. She is just such a loveable little dog. This is such a great storyline and Tara Lain definitely pulled me into this story.
Penumbra
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Passions of a Papillon is the story of Defense attorney, Finn Morgenstern and Emerson Fairweather, a veterinarian. The book is told in third person with dual pov, except for briefly in the beginning when it starts with a minor character’s pov.

(view spoiler)
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Passions of a Papillon is a sweet love story with a side of mystery and the most awesome dog ever. Honestly, Bat is the best ever. Finn is a stressed out lawyer who owns all of the stuff he always dreamed of but now he thinks maybe he wants something different. One night he finds a dog. A batshit crazy dog! And he calls her Batshit! But he doesn't want a dog! And the dog has bad guys looking for her. Ugh! Em is a vet. He lives a quiet life. He has been hiding for 6 years because he once knew a ...more
Yasmin Myrtveit
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As a pet owner i know for a fact that i would do anything to protect my pets and reading this book just made that fact stronger. When Finn an Attorney on the raise one night after work is going home he finds a Papillon on the street right outside his neighbors home. He fast learns that the dog didn't belong to the neighbor and he needs to find a way to help the dog back to its rightful owner. He calls the dog temporary "Batshit" and he never knew a dog could make him so attractive as he finds ...more
Erin
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Really I give this a 3 1/2 star rating. Mostly for the suspension of disbelief needed. The story was fairly convoluted as far as the crime or crimes happening, but it was still a cute little caper. With a dog that had a personality bigger than any of the humans.

Finn is a cut throat defense attorney, who ends up turning to mush for a run away dog. This is a smart guy, right? But he doesn't know what to do with this stray dog. Ok, he was career focused, never had a pet before, etc. Just made me
Dixiecowgirl
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Delightfully engaging with suspense, humor, action, drama and all the feels. Mix an adorable dog, a driven lawyer and a compassionate vet and you have the beginnings of a wonderful connection. I truly loved the interactions of Finn and the dog who gets an awesome name. I laughed out loud to many of the situations with this creative and adorable dog and his male caretakers. I found the MC's to be real, vulnerableand well developed which allowed me to like the and root for their happiness. The ...more
Deirdre
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Butterflied Earred Houdini Beauty

I love MM romances featuring dogs and this was just that sort of book.

It was full of humor, a dirty lost dirty pup, super sexy veterinarian, and owners & patients. A power-hungry law firm and an attorney seeking money, status & power. Crime fighting, action, segrets, danger, adventure, and abductions. Brothers, parents, good friends, and siblings. Small-time, but dangerous hoods in a beautiful expensive California tourist town.

Annoyance, frustration and
Gabrielle Lee
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
Two men brought together by one dog. Finn and Emerson’s lives are turned upside down by a lovable dog. Each man is dealing with his own worries when their lives collide. They are a lawyer looking to move up the ladder the easy way and regretting it and a vet who has a past, when the special dog brings them together the chaos begins.

I enjoyed watching Finn and Emerson find their way to happiness. The two men find something worthwhile with the help of the dog. I had to laugh at the dog’s name and
Shannon
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, arc, contemp
his book was absolutely sweet and adorable. Batsh*t was the best dog ever as she did most of the leg work in taking the bad guys down.
Finn and Em were pretty decent as well in chauffeuring the pretty dog around, helping her save the day. Sure, they happened to fall in love amidst the big time crooks.
I thought this book was fun and outrageous. The characters were a hoot and the romance both sweet and steamy.

I think you’d get a kick if you read this, if you like lawyers who should find a new
Leanne Davidson
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Pawsitively riviting

I thoroughly enjoyed this new tale. The love story is there but its so much more than that all the other threads that wind together made it a riveting read and I couldn’t put it down. It was entertaining and perfect for a lazy afternoon chilling in the sun.
The doggie mummy in me went on an emotional roller coaster from page 1 and didn’t really stop until the HEA that I knew I’d get in the end!
Recommended by me, quality reading all the way and once again I am grateful that
Tena
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The story has a little bit of everything - mystery, danger, and an adorably cute little dog. Bat (aka Marisol) is the star of this show, but her co-stars Finn and Em (aka James) definitely hold their own. The three meet through chance encounters, and that seems to carry throughout the story as the rest of the cast gets connected in the same way. I was invested immediately and loved every page of this m/m love story with a dog in the middle of it.
Cynthia Osborne
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was so much fun to read. I loved how the pup Bat came into the lives of these characters. And made them see beyond the surface. Loved the reactions Finn had when he encountered the pup. Thee growing to love her and having Emerson help him. This could happen in real life so it was very believable. Recommend this to anyone who loves the genre and especially Tara Lain’s stories.

I did receive a ARC for an honest review
Ivan A Sumblingo
Feb 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Funny, HEA, and a dog Oh My!!!

I love stories that involve dogs (and children). In this story, it’s the Papillon dog called Bat (no spoilers; you’ll find out why), Finn the lawyer, and Em the Veterinarian.

There’s also a crime boss, his brother, and a lot of other crazy things!

It was a perfectly, non-stressful read (phew).

I highly recommend this book!
Nancy A. Staab
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A dog gone good tale

Something for everyone in this solid story - - likable MCs, supportive friends, bad guys, and a super cute (and super smart) little dog. The story was well paced with a decent plot, and I enjoyed reading it.
Patricia Nelson
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this charming, adorable, sweet, lovely, engaging, poignant, hilarious, delightfully different, smexy, and totally awesome story. It had me hooked from beginning to end, and I would recommend getting this gem immediately.
Tessypoo
Shelves: arc, tara-lain
A cute story where the dog is the matchmaker, Batshit is my fav character in the story.
I do love the MC's too and the story of how they got together (the dog did it *wink*) but the dog has my heart lol.
Renee Gary
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
First time reader

This is the first book I have read from this author and I have to say that I quite enjoyed it. It was cute, made me chuckle and had a wee bit of action. On to the book.
Andrea
Jan 25, 2020 rated it liked it
Nice escape read - enjoyed.

• The Dichotomy of Angels
  • Back in Black (McGinnis Investigations, #1)
  • Angels Sing (Daddy Dearest, #2)
  • My Christmas Spirit
  • Caulky (Four Bears Construction, #1)
  • Principles of Spookology (The Spectral Files, #2)
  • Silent Heart (Search and Rescue, #2)
  • Love in 24 Frames
  • The Christmas Deal
  • Renegades (Breaking the Rules #1)
  • Sentinel (The Lost Pack #3)
  • Daddy (Kinky Boys #1)
  • The Prince and His Captivating Carpenter (Paranormal Princes, #2)
  • How to Vex a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes #1)
  • Troublemaker (Goode Boys #1)
  • Stay Lucky
  • Above and Beyond (Twist of Fate #4)
  • Brandon's Very Merry Haunted Christmas
Tara Lain never met a beautiful boy she didn’t love – at least on paper. A writer of erotic romance, mostly ménage and male/male, Tara loves all her characters, but especially her handsome heroes. A lifelong writer of serious non-fiction, Tara had the first novel she ever wrote accepted for publication in 2011. She’s now on book 45 and counting. After an exotic life of travel all over the world ...more