Start by marking “I'm Straight, Right? (Men of Fort Dale, #1)” as Want to Read:
I'm Straight, Right? (Men of Fort Dale, #1)

I'm Straight, Right?

(Men of Fort Dale #1)

Can a best friend become a lover without throwing away years of friendship?
Sometimes, all love needs is a little courage.

Sloane: I know I can be a grumpy bastard, and I’m not the easiest man to deal with, but you’d think my best friend would trust me. We don’t keep secrets, even about our love lives. That’s what I thought until I found out Dean was seeing someone. I do
Published January 3rd 2020 by Books Unite People LLC (first published December 22nd 2019)

To ask other readers questions about I'm Straight, Right?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I'm Straight, Right?

Start your review of I'm Straight, Right? (Men of Fort Dale, #1)
☆ Todd
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it

If the thought of a straight guy and his gay best friend regularly cuddling up on the couch to unwind appeals to you, then you'll probably like this book.

When Sloane and Dean first met, as fresh recruits in the military, in spite of their differences, something immediately clicked between the two of them, but only platonically. At least for Sloane.

Dean had kept his love for his best friend as his most closely guarded secret, until Sloane's asshole ways forced Dean into an emotional corner, after
Lorraine Lesar
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Well. As you may have guessed....he’s not 😉.
Full review to follow.
DarienMoya

2.75

Seriously just meh for me. The writing is good but I just couldn’t get into the story and it lacked heat 🤷🏽‍♀️ Maybe this just wasn’t the read for me.
Denise H.
Dean is a Doctor at the base, finally home from his time in the Mideast. He's haunted by what happened to his team after Sloane was sent home. He's always had a crush on his best friend of six years, straight Sloane, a big, Latino, muscled hunk, tattooed, surly and handsome Marine, since they met in boot camp.

Dean has begun to date, to move on from his futile hopes.

We see clear pictures of how deeply these two men care for each other. So, when Dean has to defend his point, he blurts out his s
Cadiva
Apr 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
A bit abrupt at the end, but I really loved this essentially 'gay for you' military romance

I thought the author did an excellent job of establishing just how close the two men were in their friendship.

The crisis point also worked well for me as the catalyst for their relationship changing and it felt believable throughout

I'd have liked a bit more after they'd got together just to see how everyone else dealt with the situation.
Michael S.
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5.

GFY and its prettier cousin, BFY, are my big guilty pleasure tropes, so of course you’re going to draw my interest if you throw in Hot Military Men and Secretely In Love With My Friend.

This is a sweet, fairly uncomplicated wish-fulfillment romance with modest angst. The editing could be a teeny bit tighter, but nothing jarring.

I’m docking it a bit because I wasn’t buying Sloane’s utter shift to single-target sexuality. This is the kind of GFY that risks the unfortunate implication of bi-eras
Eugenia
Despite the title, this is 3rd person POV

Full-on GF-Only-Y..
I liked the friendship in this story. It was solid and intimate.
The rest was...OK.

I’m normally a huge fan of the OFY, but this one made me a little uncomfortable in the sex scenes. I felt awkward for our GFY MC in his first sex scene with his best friend. Maybe that’s the intention of the author—me not feeling the hot, but feeling, “Are you really into this?”

That made me not quite into it.

This was a NTM author and I’m keeping him on
Leslie
Cute! A solid three stars. I liked it. Didn’t love it. Worth the read. Sexy and fun. Would read more by this author.
Amy B.
Jan 05, 2020 rated it liked it
Solid read

I’m perhaps a bit harder on novellas than on novels, because I like a slowburn and deep exploration of feelings, and that’s hard to do in a short form. I can’t believe I’m writing this, but I think the story could have used more angst. These guys are soldiers, one of whom had a highly traumatic experience while deployed and clearly has PTSD effects. This is explained in a single conversation and then never addressed again, which was wasted opportunity to show their relationship dynamic
Rachel Emily
Spoilers - he's not quite as straight as he thought he was! :D

I think this is the first book I have read from this author, although I know several are on my to-buy and to-read list. Solid writing, good chemistry between the two, some angst, some drama, and some sexy times as Sloane and Dean become more than friends.
Gerbera_Reads
May 03, 2020 rated it it was ok
I guess this author's writing is not for me. I am sorry to say but the story was, for the lack of better word, dull with a lot of awkwardness, no chemistry and the characters that I didn't like at all. I was very glad when it was over. Another author on the No list for me. *sad face* ...more
Ed Davis
Apr 26, 2020 rated it liked it
I needed a light read after having read a very dark book. This book filled my need. It’s a sweet story with a gay for you theme.
Rebeka
May 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
They take too fucking long to be together and I wanted more cute and sex scenes.
I love that Dean is in love with Sloan but he still goes out and has fun sex life and even though took him six years to decided to date someone, he actually does that for a month with a nice guy.
During these years Sloan never dated anyone serious. Also this is a GFY and a friends to lovers book. I love their friendship because even thought Sloan identified himself as straight they were always cuddling.

Safety: D
Jennifer☠Pher☠
2★'s = it was ok.

Bummer. It didn't really work out for me like I'd been hoping. Honestly I felt more of a connection between Dean and Marco and kind of hoped they'd have gotten their HEA.

Also, it sounds like from the Authors note this might be part of a series? I didn't realize that when I picked it up.

Really, I didn't hate it I just never connected with Dean or Sloan.

W.
Feb 11, 2020 rated it liked it
A GFY Story

I liked it but don't love it!

Writing is fine , same goes for the heroes and the sexy times. It's just a forgettable story, I probably won't remember in a week.

#KU # Kindle #Read2020 #Amazon
Rachel
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this, will be keeping my eye out for more from this author.
Deb Swietek
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
You're in love with your straight best friend. Do you tell him?

OMG ya gotta love men in uniform! This book is full of characters that are well thought out and intriguing . I found myself caught up in their lives. You will too.
Dean has been in love with his best friend for 6 years. Through all the deployments, the only place he has ever felt safe was with Sloane. Even the nice guy he's dating doesn't compare. Sloane is straight, right? So why is he so jealous? When a night of drunken lust sho
Mary
Jan 08, 2020 added it
This is dramatic, romantic, sweet and funny. Sloane is a big, hulking guy with a permanent scowl on his face who only shows his softer side to his best friend Dean. Dean is an easy going, cheeky and sweet guy who has been in love with Sloane for almost the whole 6 years they've known each other. And Sloane is oblivious to to it. They've always had a comfortable, easy, relationship, if a little more physical than most. But everything blew up when Sloane found Dean out on a date that he didn't kno ...more
Sabrina
Get it here:
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Shweta
I stayed up reading all night !
The Friends-to- lovers trope is one of my favorites and there's not many who can get to right.
I love how the author emphasized on the strength of Dean and Sloane's friendship, the way their personalities fit together and the bond they share in the initial chapters.

That was very well done. And quite refreshing to read as most of the stories in this trope start off with there being some sorta sexual tension between the MCs.
I also loved the way the author wrote Slo
Rachel
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: got-through-it
2.5* stars
I liked this, I was enjoying it.......right up until things got sexual, weird right? Don't know what went wrong but I just detached. Maybe its the way Sloan's "am so weirded out by finding out that my bf has been in love with me, to I think am into him too" situation was handled.
And Dean's PTSD, him talking to his best friend about it is the moment I was waiting for.....how they reached that point or how they addressed it would've shown me the extent of their bond or how they lean on
Cleo
Jan 22, 2020 rated it liked it
A nice uncomplicated quick read. I like the way the author introduced a backstory for each character. The characters were..ok...
Jenna
This book was a total surprise... and it deserves a MUCH better title!! I mean, the title wasn't wrong per se, but it certainly implies a certain level of PWP (which I'm totally down for, especially with GFY/OFY, or I wouldn't have even picked it up haha). This was NOT PWP. It was romantic, sweet, friends-to-lovers, discovery of deeper emotions and honestly it was one of the better GFY I've read in a while (and I read a lot of them folks, its one of my favorites and I ain't sorry 💁🏼‍♀️).

If you l
Rellim
KU.

I really liked this short story, but first. The title. Ugh. It sounds like a bad after school special. If I were just browsing, I would have totally skipped this ~ but it was recommended in a reader's group, so I grabbed it.

I'm really glad I did. GFY is hit or miss for me, but it was done really well here. I loved Dean & Sloane's friendship and how it evolved. For such a short story, this packed in a lot of information and didn't feel rushed. I think the PTS maybe could have been expanded o
Mrs.V
Mar 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Ooooh, I loved this one!
Best friends to lovers and one heck of a bi-awakening!
Surly and grumpy Sloane is usually growly with everyone, but he becomes a cuddle monster with his best friend, Dean.
Dean has been secretly in love with his super straight best friends for years, but now he has decided to let it go and move forward…
Sloane does not take it so kindly and one night of drunken confessions turns everything to awkward, until it isn’t…
Great performance by Michael Ferraiuolo!
Andrea D
Mar 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

This felt pretty good and real.
I wished for more contend at certain points of this story.
Makhda
Jul 31, 2020 marked it as not-for-me-dnf
Caipi
So, the audio narrated by Michael Ferraiuolo was excellent!
The story itself didn't quite convince me. The main characters, Dean and grumpy Sloane, were interesting and lovely and their friendship was really great, all snuggley and cuddley on the couch! :) Unfortunately I only read about their development from friends to lovers but I didn't really feel it.

Shan( Shans_Shelves) 💜
”If he hadn’t been a sap before, the pure joy in Dean’s sudden smile would have certainly made him one.”

It has been a VERY long time since I’ve wanted to read a romance that is just that- romance and nothing else. That and the title made me a little skeptical. However, this novella was so FREAKING CUTE.

Yes okay, it had some moments that made me roll my eyes so hard and also Sloane’s reaction to Marco was a little OTT, but overall- this was sweet and made me smile. The romance developed slower
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Fake It 'til You Make Out (Love & Luck, #1)
  • Caulky (Four Bears Construction, #1)
  • Virtually Screwed (Love & Luck, #2)
  • Hopeless Bromantics (Love & Luck, #4)
  • The Best Friend (Red's Tavern, #1)
  • Troublemaker (Goode Boys #1)
  • Giving Chase (Havenwood #1)
  • Caring for Little Ollie (Different Hearts, #1)
  • Socks for an Otter
  • Nailed (Four Bears Construction, #2)
  • Virgin Flyer
  • The Road Between
  • Hardwood (Four Bears Construction, #3)
  • Five Fake Dates
  • Marry Me (Tattoos and Temptation #1)
  • Mine to Save (Pine Ridge Pack #1)
  • Say You’ll Be Nine (Say You'll Be Nine, #1)
Romeo Alexander is an M/M (gay) Romance Author. Hip, plugged into pop culture, hopeless romantic. Romeo believes that love truly conquers all and that love can heal all wounds. His characters grapple with real relationships and real-world issues while simultaneously using their hearts as a guiding compass towards a Happily Ever After.

(Source: Amazon.com)

Men of Fort Dale (6 books)
  • Trust Me, I Hate You (Men of Fort Dale, #2)
  • Here We Go Again (Men of Fort Dale, #3)
  • At My General’s Command (Men of Fort Dale #4)
  • My Kind of Christmas (Men of Fort Dale #5)
  • My Surly Soldier (Men of Fort Dale #6)

News & Interviews