Start by marking “I'm Straight, Right?” as Want to Read:
I'm Straight, Right?

I'm Straight, Right?

Can a best friend become a lover without throwing away years of friendship?
Sometimes, all love needs is a little courage.

Sloane: I know I can be a grumpy bastard, and Im not the easiest man to deal with, but youd think my best friend would trust me. We dont keep secrets, even about our love lives. Thats what I thought until I found out Dean was seeing someone. I dont
Published January 3rd 2020 by Books Unite People LLC

To ask other readers questions about I'm Straight, Right?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I'm Straight, Right?

Start your review of I'm Straight, Right?
☆ Todd
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it

If the thought of a straight guy and his gay best friend regularly cuddling up on the couch to unwind appeals to you, then you'll probably like this book.

When Sloane and Dean first met, as fresh recruits in the military, in spite of their differences, something immediately clicked between the two of them, but only platonically. At least for Sloane.

Dean had kept his love for his best friend as his most closely guarded secret, until Sloane's asshole ways forced Dean into an emotional corner, after
Lorraine Lesar
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Well. As you may have guessed....hes not 😉.
Full review to follow.
DarienMoya

2.75

Seriously just meh for me. The writing is good but I just couldnt get into the story and it lacked heat 🤷♀ Maybe this just wasnt the read for me.
Denise H.
Dean is a Doctor at the base, finally home from his time in the Mideast. He's haunted by what happened to his team after Sloane was sent home. He's always had a crush on his best friend of six years, straight Sloane, a big, Latino, muscled hunk, tattooed, surly and handsome Marine, since they met in boot camp.

Dean has begun to date, to move on from his futile hopes.

We see clear pictures of how deeply these two men care for each other. So, when Dean has to defend his point, he blurts out his
Michael S.
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5.

GFY and its prettier cousin, BFY, are my big guilty pleasure tropes, so of course youre going to draw my interest if you throw in Hot Military Men and Secretely In Love With My Friend.

This is a sweet, fairly uncomplicated wish-fulfillment romance with modest angst. The editing could be a teeny bit tighter, but nothing jarring.

Im docking it a bit because I wasnt buying Sloanes utter shift to single-target sexuality. This is the kind of GFY that risks the unfortunate implication of bi-erasure.
Amy B.
Jan 05, 2020 rated it liked it
Solid read

Im perhaps a bit harder on novellas than on novels, because I like a slowburn and deep exploration of feelings, and thats hard to do in a short form. I cant believe Im writing this, but I think the story could have used more angst. These guys are soldiers, one of whom had a highly traumatic experience while deployed and clearly has PTSD effects. This is explained in a single conversation and then never addressed again, which was wasted opportunity to show their relationship dynamic
Eugenia
Despite the title, this is 3rd person POV

Full-on GF-Only-Y..
I liked the friendship in this story. It was solid and intimate.
The rest was...OK.

Im normally a huge fan of the OFY, but this one made me a little uncomfortable in the sex scenes. I felt awkward for our GFY MC in his first sex scene with his best friend. Maybe thats the intention of the authorme not feeling the hot, but feeling, Are you really into this?

That made me not quite into it.

This was a NTM author and Im keeping him on my
W.
Feb 11, 2020 rated it liked it
A GFY Story

I liked it but don't love it!

Writing is fine , same goes for the heroes and the sexy times. It's just a forgettable story, I probably won't remember in a week.

#KU # Kindle #Read2020 #Amazon
Leslie
Cute! A solid three stars. I liked it. Didnt love it. Worth the read. Sexy and fun. Would read more by this author. ...more
Jennifer☠Pher☠
2★'s = it was ok.

Bummer. It didn't really work out for me like I'd been hoping. Honestly I felt more of a connection between Dean and Marco and kind of hoped they'd have gotten their HEA.

Also, it sounds like from the Authors note this might be part of a series? I didn't realize that when I picked it up.

Really, I didn't hate it I just never connected with Dean or Sloan.

Deb Swietek
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
You're in love with your straight best friend. Do you tell him?

OMG ya gotta love men in uniform! This book is full of characters that are well thought out and intriguing . I found myself caught up in their lives. You will too.
Dean has been in love with his best friend for 6 years. Through all the deployments, the only place he has ever felt safe was with Sloane. Even the nice guy he's dating doesn't compare. Sloane is straight, right? So why is he so jealous? When a night of drunken lust
Mary
Jan 08, 2020 added it
This is dramatic, romantic, sweet and funny. Sloane is a big, hulking guy with a permanent scowl on his face who only shows his softer side to his best friend Dean. Dean is an easy going, cheeky and sweet guy who has been in love with Sloane for almost the whole 6 years they've known each other. And Sloane is oblivious to to it. They've always had a comfortable, easy, relationship, if a little more physical than most. But everything blew up when Sloane found Dean out on a date that he didn't ...more
Shweta Reads
I stayed up reading all night !
The Friends-to- lovers trope is one of my favorites and there's not many who can get to right.
I love how the author emphasized on the strength of Dean and Sloane's friendship, the way their personalities fit together and the bond they share in the initial chapters.

That was very well done. And quite refreshing to read as most of the stories in this trope start off with there being some sorta sexual tension between the MCs.
I also loved the way the author wrote
Rachel
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: got-through-it
2.5* stars
I liked this, I was enjoying it.......right up until things got sexual, weird right? Don't know what went wrong but I just detached. Maybe its the way Sloan's "am so weirded out by finding out that my bf has been in love with me, to I think am into him too" situation was handled.
And Dean's PTSD, him talking to his best friend about it is the moment I was waiting for.....how they reached that point or how they addressed it would've shown me the extent of their bond or how they lean on
Cleo
Jan 22, 2020 rated it liked it
A nice uncomplicated quick read. I like the way the author introduced a backstory for each character. The characters were..ok...
Jenna ~JennaBSpoke~
This book was a total surprise... and it deserves a MUCH better title!! I mean, the title wasn't wrong per se, but it certainly implies a certain level of PWP (which I'm totally down for, especially with GFY/OFY, or I wouldn't have even picked it up haha). This was NOT PWP. It was romantic, sweet, friends-to-lovers, discovery of deeper emotions and honestly it was one of the better GFY I've read in a while (and I read a lot of them folks, its one of my favorites and I ain't sorry 💁♀).

If you like
Rachel
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this, will be keeping my eye out for more from this author.
Rachel Emily
Spoilers - he's not quite as straight as he thought he was! :D

I think this is the first book I have read from this author, although I know several are on my to-buy and to-read list. Solid writing, good chemistry between the two, some angst, some drama, and some sexy times as Sloane and Dean become more than friends.
Debra Guyette
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sloane and Dean have been friends for the six years since Basic Training. Dean has been in love with his straight friend since he first saw him. Their assignments seem to follow each other even if they're not in the same unit. Everything would have continued as a status quo until Sloane found out Dean was seeing someone. Then everything changed and Sloane and Dean had to re-evaluate everything.

This so much more than a friends to lovers story. Even though Sloane is usually a grumpy bastard and
LateciaJ
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this wonderful friends to lovers story. Dean and Sloane are longtime friends. Dean has been carrying a torch for Sloane every since they met at bootcamp. Sloane is a straight man but loves his close friend Dean. Everything comes to a head when Sloane finds out Dean has started a romantic relationship with a guy. Some fighting/yelling/avoidance ensued. Through it all Dean let Sloane know his feelings which throws Sloane off a bit but he gets back on track quickly and realizes his feelings ...more
Elizabeth
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Surprisingly good.

I didn't expect much from this one. It was a very good friends to lover's story with two good main characters. I thought it was sweet and sexy. Fun read.
Nic
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Easy read

This was a fairly easy read. It was also pretty predictable. The characters were likeable it has some angst but not too much!
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: contemporary
Tahnee
Jan 08, 2020 rated it liked it
I liked it, didn't love it.
The main characters were okay. The side characters were cliche and I found myself rolling my eyes a fair bit. The writing for me didn't flow well at all, it was tiring to read.
Glad I read it but wouldn't read again.
Andrea D
Mar 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

This felt pretty good and real.
I wished for more contend at certain points of this story.
Bella
Shelves: m-m, military
So sweet story ...more
A.L. Miller
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this one! So this was a friends to lovers and a bit of strait to bi awakening. This was a slow burn and I have to be in the right mood for slow burn but this one was done really well. I loved all tension and jealousy built up the author presented, it made the characters seem so real. I enjoyed how things weren't super rushed and the author eased you into the story. It made it more believable then the story's that just jump from the character being strait one moment to be gay ...more
Fran
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Jealousy rears its ugly head.

Sloane is an Army veteran who had experienced the worst of war and has left him
far from safe and sound when he returned home. He was prickly as a pin cushion
except around his life long friend and fellow soldier Dean who had brought out Sloane's need for a
personal touch to and from another being. Dean is gay but wants Sloane to be his. A freak
reveal (confession) by Dean wakens a desire in Sloan that he's not sure how to handle.
Sloane seeing Dean with another man turns
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Fake It 'til You Make Out (Love & Luck #1)
  • Caulky (Four Bears Construction, #1)
  • Virgin Flyer
  • Troublemaker (Goode Boys #1)
  • Five Fake Dates
  • Above and Beyond (Twist of Fate #4)
  • Pretty Perfect (Boys in Makeup, #1)
  • Boyfriend 101 (Fever Falls #6)
  • The One Decent Thing
  • Daddy (Kinky Boys #1)
  • Danger Zone (The Elite, #1)
  • How to Vex a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes #1)
  • After the Crash (Small Town Hearts, #1)
  • Somebody to Love (Tyler Jamison #1)
  • Sanctuary (Wrecked #1)
  • It's Always Been You
  • Giving Chase (Havenwood #1)
  • Renegades (Breaking the Rules #1)
Romeo Alexander is an M/M (gay) Romance Author. Hip, plugged into pop culture, hopeless romantic. Romeo believes that love truly conquers all and that love can heal all wounds. His characters grapple with real relationships and real-world issues while simultaneously using their hearts as a guiding compass towards a Happily Ever After.

(Source: Amazon.com)