Start by marking “The Free (The Wild, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Free (The Wild, #2)

The Free

(The Wild #2)

This is Atticus Knox's book.
Coming March 6th, 2020!

He took me from the wilderness.
I was all alone and death was near.
His plan was to heal me and then let me go.
A reprieve from my harsh reality.

Food. Warmth. Safety.
Just us.
Its temporary and one day Ill be forced to go home.
But I dont I want to go back.
I want him to keep me. To tame and love me.

Freeing the wild comes with
Published March 6th 2020

Start your review of The Free (The Wild, #2)
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
3.5 Stars

This was totally taboo and fucked up.
It's wrong and depraved on many levels and I respect those who don't want to read it, just like I did with book one. This one deals with similar themes and issues, so I get it.

But feel free (see what I did there? *wink*) to unfriend me over this one too if you were one of those who meant to after book one. Because I enjoyed this one too.
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
the-free

'THE FREE' is the second novel in K. Webster's 'The Wild' series. Spoken in 'Dual Perspectives.'

We asked to be taken back into 'The Wild' and K. Webster delivered, The Taboo Queen is bacckkkkkk!! Bring me more!!

Take away the forbidden aspect and just throw in the Alaskan Wilderness and these kind of settings are becoming my Kryptonite. I love them!!

28893883-SY540

Even though this was wrong on so so many levels I couldn't help but fall down that rabbit hole of wrongness and just love this for what it was.
chan ☆
Mar 11, 2020 marked it as to-read
excited to experience this train wreck with my favorite gorlies soon <333
Nazanin
Mar 15, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: dark, romance, 2020
3.5 Little Fox & Big Bear Stars

Told in dual POV, 1st person. Its the second installment in "The Wild" series with characters crossover. It can be read as a standalone but IMO its better if you read it in order (albeit if you dont have a problem with taboo stories شnd there is a huge age gap! thats it!). Well, the story started off really good but then I didnt like Eve! I couldnt connect with her character the way I liked! But I liked the way she wore Atticus down! Overall, I had a good time
warhawke
Genre: Taboo Romance
Type: Standalone book 2 of The Wild series
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

The wild was all Eve ever knew her whole life. When she faced a desperate situation, Atticus Knox took her outside her comfort zone for her sake. But he didnt realize it would be a struggle for both of them.

I couldnt resist a taboo book, so of course, I dived into this one. Im glad to say this one met my dirty expectations.

I know this might sound strange for a dark, taboo book but Atticus
Sophia Triad
Mar 06, 2020 added it
Shelves: neverever
Hmmm
I think I'll pass, thanks
Bee
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
HELL YEAH! Gimme all the forbidden goodness!
Mirjam
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it

When a dire situation forces Eve to leave her home, the woods, it is Atticus Knox she turns to. But her situation so severe Atticus must take her out of the woods and bring her home with him.
While he has always kept her eye on her, both did not anticipate the toll their close proximity would have on them.

While nursing her, making sure she gains back her strength, the attractions between them reaches a level where Atticus has great difficult to resist her.
I loved reading their story, but it
CC
4.25 ★

For years, Atticus Knox lived in between civilization and the wild. Though he kept a distance, he watched feral Eve surviving on her own and occasionally brought her supplies. But when Eve is critically injured, Atticus agrees to be her caregiver. During this time, he learns more about Eve while trying to resist her.

Youre a temptation I dont need and didnt realize I wasnt strong enough to ignore.

Beginning with a glimpse into Eves past, the foundation is set for Eves decision and
 Leo (Queen of the Rants)
statutory rape.
Are readers really rooting for a 40 year old fuck with a 16 year old girl? 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
Nikki Ash
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
K Webster has a way of words. Whether its making you laugh or cry, she makes you FEEL. And this book is no exception. From the first page, to the last, I devoured this story. The twists and turns left me speechless, and the amount of love in the book left my heart full. ...more
Jillian
Wow! Just wow. I had no idea where this story was going to go. It is full of twists and turns and gave me all the feels. We first met these characters in The Wild. I think you could probably read this book without reading The Wild first, but I think it is even better and more fulfilling to read all the words, including where we first met these characters. We also get a peek at our favorite characters from The Wild. That is all you will get from me for now. I may update to a more complete review ...more
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
2.5 ⭐'s

After having read The Wild, I was curious about what kind of craziness Atticus could possibly get up to. He comes across pretty straight and narrow so it had to be something good.

And that was the part of the book I really liked...all the angst Atticus went through with coming to terms with his feelings.

Atticus has always been concerned for Eve. For those of you that have read The Wild, she's the daughter of those unsavory neighbor's of Reeds.

So when Eve shows up at Reed's with a bear
Jill
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Nomims
Mar 07, 2020 rated it liked it

I was really looking forward to read about Eve and Atticus after re reading the first book... but honestly this one felt more "bothering" than the first. It was too anchered in reality (unlike the first book where they were in the wild so i could go with it more) and the twist i really didn't like...
I liked Eve though
arissa
I thought this book would scar me for life like The Wild did, but surprisingly, it didn't (not a bad thing). Eve back story was fcked up tho.
Puss'N'Books
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
pussnbooks logo
Reviewed by PussnBooks.net

Review by PussnBooks. Reviewing the darkest, most erotic and taboo books we can find. Click HERE for your next disturbingly sexy read.

O...M...G...I cant even
Guys, this is it.
This is the book (and series) I have been waiting for my whole life.
Well, thats how it feels anyway.
I read The Wild - which is book 1 - and realised that this kind of story right here? It speaks to my soul.
Utterly amazing.
This one may be too much for some people, and thats okay.
But to those of you
April Symes
OMG!!! Finally it's Atticus and Eve's story!!!!This is such an emotionally intense, forbidden, complex, unique, TABOO, and yes- a romantic read that will have you rooting for Atticus and Eves relationship to get their HEA. Not all will want Atticus and Eve to be together and see their love as good because he's 40 and she's 16. There's triggers in this story of sexual assault that Eve deals with. She has nightmares of this(flashbacks) but Atticus is there to help her. This is a deliciously dark, ...more
Amy March (Between the Screens)
Omg. This book. THIS BOOK!

First of all, that plot twist? Yassss Queen. I shouldve seen it coming and I didnt. I shouldve known the Queen of Taboo romance would throw in a little extra surprise but I was happily blindsided. Taboo, dirty, wrong and so deliciously perfect. Thats what this story is. Between the smoldering hot forbidden themes is another beautiful love story and message about love being both relentless and unpredictable.

Eve and Atticus are explosive and all-consuming. Their story is
Eva
Mar 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
And since i was already feeling like a sick f*ck why don't read the other book in the serie? I liked the first more, but this was great, this book didn't feel so rushed like the first but was so enjoyable. I dare to say it was almost cute... See? I told you, sick!

Rating: 4 Stars.
Steam: 7 out of 10.
Triggers: (view spoiler)
Love Triangle: (view spoiler)
Cheating: (view spoiler)
HEA: (view spoiler)
MissPetiteBrunetteBookBlog
Is it hot in here or is that just me? I need to be hosed down! Clutch those pearls ladies as we go back to into the wild in the free!! Atticus Knox lives in Alaska and visits his friend in wilderness often. While there, a girl he once saved shows up needing help. Eves family was what backwoods nightmares are made of. After an attack she runs to the one man that can free her. He might be forty and she sixteen but when you have such a connection can you really say no? He has to teach her all the ...more
Badh
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
There's taboo. There's really taboo. Then there is the taboo-iest fucking taboo book ever. And that's what this one would be.

We met Eve back in the first book, but didn't get much about her, because she wasn't really the focus. We also met Atticus, and didn't get to know much about him. This time we learn a lot more about both of them, and damn, do we learn a whole lot about both of them.

I couldn't put this down, not at all. And when I was done I was mad because I was done with it. I think
Melissa B
Mar 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow, wow, wow..... speechless! This book had me from the start and only enraptured me the further I read. This story was dark, taboo with twists and turns that had me jaw-dropped and gasping for breath, yet I couldn't but the book down.....I devoured it! If you were captivated by The Wild then prepare to be immersed with The Free!! Eve and Atticus were raw, powerful, emotional and downright PERFECTION! This is definitely a Top Read for 2020 hands down!
Melissa  Wright
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
K Webster has the courage write about anything. Some people can not handle a Taboo read and if this is you then the Free is not the book for you.
If you are someone who enjoys a book that is full of love no matter what the circumstances then this is your book.
We meet Atticus and Eve in The Wild. I was hoping beyond hope that their story would come out. Eve with her tragically broken past and Atticus with his alpha fierceness needed the world to hear their story.
What a story it was. Filled with
Abby J Capps
Not sure how to rate this quite yet.

I liked this story, but it wasnt my favorite. I really loved The Wild and Im happy we got glimpses of Reed and Devon. In their book I really liked Atticus but I didnt really connect to him here. It was a quick read and I really liked the ending, but I think the biggest thing for me was lack of connection with the characters. I didnt feel anything while reading and thats super unusual for me when it comes to K Web.
Rowan Parker
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow, with a big fat cherry on top! What an absolute epic story. A standalone but best read after the The Wild, I did have a re read before I delved in to The Free and am so glad I did. I fell completely in love with all of the characters again. This is almost a continuation of The Wild but with the main characters of this book being Atticus and Eve. Whilst a difficult read in parts it is so amazingly well written that I literally couldn't put it down once I opened the first page. Definitely one ...more
RLoves2Read
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
K Webster has just left me wanting more of this awesome taboo series! The Wild and The Free are just mind-blowing and wonderful if you dare love extreme taboo!

The Free has been a long time desired release since book one The Wild released and the author did not disappoint! The Free gives us side characters, Atticus and Eves, from book one. No spoilers here... but if you like extreme taboo you definitely should grab this series up! This one surprised me with a twist that left me saying OMG!

I
Brandi Aga
Feb 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paperback
Its not very smart for a little fox to willingly go to bed with a bear.

First of all, if youre new here, go read The Wild. The book that started it all. The book that broke the internet. When I saw The Free was coming I didnt even know who was about when I ordered it. Just give it to me!

Readers are going to talk about it! Some of them wont get it or judge the content of the story but you know what that means to me? Its going on my favorites shelf ASAP!

Atticus is caught on the cusp between
Flo₂₂
Chrissy Busick
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
The heart wants what the heart wants, and nothing can change it's mind. This is something to keep in mind when reading The Free, and The Wild for that matter if you haven't yet. If you have read The Wild you have already met Eve and Atticus. While they both played small parts in The Wild, The Free is their story. This is a taboo love story, if you are faint of heart read the trigger warnings before you read this book. However, if you can look past the age gap and other taboo elements of this ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Pretty, Dark and Dirty
  • Mating Theory
  • Poison
  • NORTH
  • Say Yes: A Hush, Hush Novella
  • Inappropriate
  • Play Me
  • Surrender (Voyeur #3.5)
  • Park Avenue Player
  • Sweet Temptation
  • R.I.P. Parts 1 and 2
  • Fallen Son (The Fallen Men, #2.5)
  • Bohemian Mark (Traveler, #2)
  • The Farmer's Daughter
  • Cozy
  • Dirty Girls
  • Stolen Soulmate (Crowne Point #2)
  • The Unhoneymooners
K Webster is a USA Today Bestselling author. Her titles have claimed many bestseller tags in numerous categories, are translated in multiple languages, and have been adapted into audiobooks. She lives in "Tornado Alley" with her husband, two children, and her baby dog named Blue. When she's not writing, she's reading, drinking copious amounts of coffee, and researching aliens.

You can easily find

The Wild (2 books)
  • The Wild (The Wild, #1)

News & Interviews