Start by marking “Jock Blocked (Copper Valley Fireballs #1)” as Want to Read:
Jock Blocked (Copper Valley Fireballs #1)

Jock Blocked

(Copper Valley Fireballs #1)

She can't let him score…

Call it superstition, but when a guy bats as hot as Brooks Elliott, you don't mess with what's working. And what's working is him keeping his pants zipped and doing all of his scoring on the field.

So when I hear he's planning to ditch his V-card now that he's been traded to baseball's lovable losers — aka my home team and my reason for living every
Published May 19th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Jock Blocked, please sign up.
Jules Because books are often live releases and can therefore not be found on the platform before release.

However, Pippa has now uploaded the book to all p…more

However, Pippa has now uploaded the book to all places, and you will find it on Amazon.ca here: https://bit.ly/Jock_Blocked_CA
Enjoy!(less)

Start your review of Jock Blocked (Copper Valley Fireballs #1)
Pippa Grant
Feb 28, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Author's note, one day post-release:
AHH!! It's HERE! It's finally here! I hope you enjoy Brooks and Mackenzie every bit as much as I did, and also as much as the Starbucks staff enjoyed watching me make a fool of myself giggling and spitting my tea out as these two continuously surprised me throughout their entire story. Happy reading!! <3

Author's note, ONE WEEK before release:
The cover's here! The cover's here! I've licked it, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who intends to do so...

I c
Carmen Rae
Pippa Grant is such a feel good author. I read all of her Bro Code novels and loved them all but I loved the characters even more. They were so great, I loved their crazy, quirky, individuality as much as I loved the fact they were all so close and supportive. And when I saw the sign up for this book I thought it was going to be Cooper Rock and a continuation of all the Bro Code craziness and well it was but it wasn’t.

Mackenie was such a nut job. But she was a lovable, normal kind of nutjob. She
Brooke — brooklynnnnereads
Sep 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, ebooks
This book was my first introduction to Pippa Grant and let me just say: what took me so long?! This was such a fun (and hilarious) sports romance.

Even though I read plenty of sports romance, this one was truly unlike any other that I’ve read before. Have I read novels where the main male character is a famous baseball player? Yes. Have I read novels where the main female character is a devoted (yet superstitious) fan worried about the male character ruining his game? Absolutely not.

This novel
Bookgasms Book Blog
Shelves: missy
Sports fans and players and their crazy superstitions. . . wear the same socks on away game days. To ensure a win, eat a hot dog at the top of the third inning when the team plays at home and the temp is over seventy degrees. If it’s under seventy, heat up the nachos.

But nothing beats the superstition about Brooks Elliott and his virginity. Keeping it and playing well—that’s what it’s about. Past history has proven—just ask him—that any sexual activity before a game hinders his batting ability.
Alley Ciz
May 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I want to live inside the pages of a Pippa Grant book. They are legit my happy place.

Mackenzie and Brooks are just...I have no words but I love them.

This book has pickup baseball game I wish was something I could pull up on YouTube to watch.
A drag club I wish I could frequent and drag queens I want spend time with.
A baseball team that just might have me turning in my pinstripes.
A a puppy I want to take home and follow on Instagram. Who also needs to send me his collars for my own fur baby!
And a
Blair Babylon
Okay, I haven't had much time to read lately, but I jumped at the chance to read Pippa Grant's newest book, Jock Blocked. It's cute, funny, sexy, sporty, and just all around good fun.

Also, I didn't realize how much I needed a hot virgin hero in my life until I read Brooks Elliot. He's adorbs. If you liked Jaime in Outlander, ("I'm a virgin, not a monk.") then you'll like Brooks.

Highly recommended.
✴ Cindy ✴
Jul 23, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: virgin-hero
Plot was stupid. Wait a minute... was there a plot? No. Not really.

Heroine was flighty and did dumb things. Her interest in the baseball team was over the top crazy.

Hero was so superstitious it was unbelievable. Who goes 30 years being a virgin just because the last time you made out with a girl you didn't play well? Not any guy I know.

Do not recommend.
Joyce
May 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Spectacular!
Another home run from Pippa Grant! I love baseball, and I love Jock Blocked!
Brooks Elliott is baseball’s oldest virgin and he is looking to shed that title after getting traded to Copper Valley’s Fireballs baseball team. He’s hurt and angry after believing he’d spend the rest of his career in his home state of New York, and at his beloved home team. Brooks figures he has nothing to lose by blowing up all his superstitions.
Mackenzie Montana is the Fireball’s biggest fan, and she ho
Jenny
May 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
⚾️⚾️⚾️⚾️⚾️
Brooks and MacKenzie’s story is absolutely delightful and just what you need in your life right now.
Mackenzie is a Fireballs FAN submerged in a FANDOM so deep she’s elevated her hometown baseball players to gods and is leading a campaign to bring back the retired Fireballs mascot. Mackenzie is basically about every sports fan I’ve know from my hometown of Philly, because she’s that passionate about the diamond. Mackenzie is starstruck by the Fireballs players but she tries with them,
CzekMart
May 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
There is so much goodness and awesomeness in this book, I am having a hard time encompassing all the love in one review.

“You’re Nutella-covered bacon in a baked chicken breast world.”

In true Pippa Grant fashion, Jock Blocked is an action packed rom-com with hilarious laugh out loud moments, plenty of swoon and steam, love, cuteness and crazy pants shenanigans.

The story evolves around the Copper Valley professional baseball team - The Fireballs - that, after disastrous couple of seasons, is under
Elysian Fields
May 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Yes, *$ YES!! 😂😂 This book is everything and by far my favorite from this author (gasps, I know!!). I am a baseball fanatic, I live and breathe it, and the Fireballs are my team (outside the MLB that is). I have never, NEVER related to a character more then I did to Mackenzie. She's quarky but wholeheartedly dedicated to her Fireballs. I loved her awkwardness and her willingness to go to lenghts. I have the same issue with "The Gods." And Brooks?! Besides looking good in a uniform, he is an awes ...more
Marika Ray
May 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Super funny read from Pippa Grant!! Brooks might be the oldest virgin in all of baseball, but even though the premise might be a bit hard to believe (I mean, based on the description of Brooks and that cover....*fans myself*), what do you expect from a RomCom where the mascots are stolen, the cell phones are highjacked, and the dog collar barks out creative swear words? This is a classic Pippa book which will both delight you, have you rolling in laughter, then swooning and smiling, and finally ...more
Christy Bailey
May 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing!

This was such a fun book to read! I'm kinda sad I didnt learn who won the mascot challenge but I am happy to see it's not the end of the fireball series! Also I kinda want to know what went down with the items used in the spring training course breaker! All in all this was a freak book to read! Now I need some more Cooper Rock in my life!
K-Lanie
May 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sports romances are my absolute favorite. This was so cute and fun. I laughed and smiled from beginning to end.
Heather❀Kiss The Pages❀
Jul 14, 2020 rated it really liked it

This was a hilarious, virgin hero sports romance! I fell in love with both these crazy characters who had more than a few screws loose but were so lovable and sexy together. I don't know anything about baseball but you can't help but get caught up on the love of the game when you read this. Saying Mackenzie is the ultimate fan is an understatement. Her superstitious beliefs were ridiculously comical and she would do anything to get her team to win. This included cock blocking the newest
Monique
Sep 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
📖📖 READ THROUGH KU. 📖📖

4.5 🌟’s

After reading my first Pippa book - Liar Lair, Hearts On Fire - I couldn’t wait to find out more from this baseball team, especially the new trade from the New York Yankees, he sounded very interesting indeed. And he was! He had a magic combination of hot and adorable that had me smiling the whole way through the book. He was a little lost leaving his old team but traditions and superstitions couldn’t stop him falling for MacKenzie. She was exactly what he needed to
HeadOverBooks
Check out my blog to know the answers to

What it is about?
Who Shouldn’t read this

My Instagram- https://www.instagram.com/headoverboo...
Jeeves Reads Romance
Shelves: 2020-favorites
What a bright ray of sunshiney happiness this was! I always love Pippa Grant’s quirky rom coms, so I knew I was in for a good read, but this has got to be one of my absolute FAVORITES from her. It’s light and funny and oh so sweet with a couple that you will be rooting for from start to finish. I loved this hero once I got to know him a little better - Brooks is kinda broken at the beginning of this book, and it takes some TLC from our heroine before he finds his happy again. It’s refreshingly d ...more
Kay Daniels (Kay Daniels Romance)
Jock Blocked is a unicorn pinata jammed full of glittery happiness and fun!! I laughed, giggled, and snorted unlady like through the entire book and loved every minute of it!

Pippa's wacky characters are some of my absolute favorite and Jock Blocked is sprinkled with my all of my favorite ones which now include Mackenzie and Brooks. Interconnected with Pippa's other worlds Jock Blocked can be read as a complete standalone, but you may spit your coffee out while laughing at the references to her o
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
May 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am a sucker for sports romance and make it a rom-com and I am living for this. Jock Blocked had me snort laughing from the very beginning. I kid you not I have not laughed so much while reading a book since I don’t even know when.

Mackenzie is, well there are no words to describe how much I love her. She is awkward, passionate, and hilarious. She loves the Fireballs. She is devoted to the team and will do anything to make sure they have a great season. Her love for them oozes out of the pages.
Closet Romance Reader
May 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Oh Pippa!! Her humor... always crazy, but it works! Jock Blocked was the first book in her Copper Valley Fireballs Series but she nicely sprinkled all my favorite characters in!! It was a pee your pants funny, sweet, and sexy read!!

Mackenzie was the number one Fireballs fan, the president of the “bring back fiery” club, and superstitious enough to be the protector of Brooks’s v-card. How far would she go to protect it?

Brooks had been traded to the worst baseball team in the league. Would he be
Melonie Fatchet
May 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Jock Blocked is just plain fun! Pippa Grant knocked it out of the park with another Grand Slam. The characters are larger than life, and the story is so hilarious you will be wiping your eyes. Jock Blocked has the ingenious and absolutely perfect combination of innocence and insanity all packed together with heart-thumping chemistry, and topped off with the sweetest happily ever after. Even if you don’t love sports romance, you will after you read Jock Blocked. There is a depth to these characte ...more
Melena Torretta
May 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Jock Blocked is classic Pippa Grant with hilarious moments, swoon-worthy heroes, and a whole cast of characters you love to see again and again.

Brooks has been traded to the Copper Valley Fireballs and Mackenzie is their biggest fan. When she gets wind of his plans, she decides to stop him so it doesn't mess with how well he plays. Of course, shenanigans ensue as Mackenzie does her best to block him, but things change the more time they spend together. I thought they were adorable together, and
Serenechaosnyc
May 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
With this book, Pippa Grant proves to me that I can indeed swoon while laughing so hard I'm tearing up. This book has it all- the laughs, the heart, the LOVE. And quite possibly, the cutest puppy with the best talking collar this side of the Atlantic.

In this book, Mackenzie, the most superstitious super fan of the Cooper Valley Fireballs tries to stop Brooks Elliot from getting intimate because apparently, it's that specific stat of his that makes him a baseball legend. When he's traded to the F
Resting Book Face
May 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When I was a teen (long before Kindles and other e-readers), when I read a book that I absolutely adored, I would carry it around with me for days, even sleep with it under my pillow, in some sappy attempt to keep it in my heart. I would read my favorite passages over and over again. This beautiful, heart-wrenching, HILARIOUS story brought back those memories and made me long for that connection with a physical book. After all, it's not as easy to flip around in a Kindle, nor is it comfy under m ...more
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
May 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
description
Grant delivers a fabulous series beginning with Jock Blocked. A hilarious, laugh out loud read mixed with some seriously swoony moments and a fun story line. This isn’t all just laughs and no substance though, there is still a depth that was perfect for these characters and their journey. Endearing characters, ridiculous superstitions, witty banter, and great push and pull, all had me flying through this book. I’m excited that we’ll get more books from this world and can’t wait for the next one!
J Williams
May 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is Pippa Grant at her finest!

It has everything you've come to love about her stories: hilarious banter, crazy pranks and wacky animal shenanigans plus a very steamy and at times emotional love story. I loved watching baseball's biggest (and most superstitious) fan fall in love with the one baseball player who has no business dating. I honestly have not read anything else in the few days because I am just not ready to leave Mac and Brooks yet.

Great plot, fantastic characters, and the
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
Mackenize takes her love of the Fireball baseball team to an epic obsessed level and she believes in them to turn it around. Finding out that Brooks wants to give up his V card now that it doesn't matter how he plays anymore. Mackenzie does everything to block him and keep him a virgin to turn the fireballs around. I adored their banter and all the crazy mascot shenanigans they got into on their path to love. OMG Coco Puff and his collars!! Loved seeing past characters from different books that ...more
Johnaka- Amity Book Blog
May 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Jock Blocked by Pippa Grant
“Laugh out loud, 5 stars”

To be completely up front, Grant is my go-to I need a laugh author. She has a way of writing absolutely ridiculous stories that you could see happening and make you laugh out loud. Jock Blocked totally hit the laugh meter for me. I loved both Brooks and Mackenzie. If you want a solid read with lots of laughs look no further.
Mackenzie knows a thing or two about superstitions. In fact, she goes to the extreme to make sure they stay intact. When s
Emily
May 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romcom, virgin
I knew Mackenzie’s story would be hilarious. I admit that I thought she would end up with someone else, but this was sooo much better. I want to live in Copper Valley. I agree with Mackenzie and her Fiery Forever campaign. I don’t typically enjoy having a virgin Hero, but it fit the storyline perfectly, and I can’t imagine it going any other way. Mackenzie and Brooks are great combination of crazy and passion. I loved that so many previous characters were included in the book.

• The Two of Us (Love in Isolation, #1)
  • Everly Dalton's Dating Disasters (Dirty Martini Running Club #0.5)
  • Without You
  • Big Ben (See No Evil Trilogy, #1)
  • The Treble With Men (Scorned Women's Society, #2)
  • The Billionaire's Fake Fiancée (Billionaires of Manhattan #4)
  • Dare To Resist (Dare Nation, #1)
  • Upsy Daisy
  • Changing Roles
  • Crush
  • Emeralds
  • Mum's the Word (Bennet Brothers, #3)
  • Down and Dirty (Hot Jocks, #5)
  • Code Name: Hacker (Jameson Force Security, #4)
  • Fallen (Fallen, #1)
  • May Contain Wine (SWAT Generation 2.0 #5)
  • Been There Done That (Leffersbee, #1)
  • Lies
Pippa Grant is a USA Today Bestselling author who writes romantic comedies that will make tears run down your leg. When she's not reading, writing or sleeping, she's being crowned employee of the month as a stay-at-home mom and housewife trying to prepare her adorable demon spawn to be productive members of society, all the while fantasizing about long walks on the beach with hot chocolate chip co ...more

Copper Valley Fireballs (2 books)
  • Real Fake Love (Copper Valley Fireballs #2)