Start by marking “Ruin (Kingdoms of Sin, #3)” as Want to Read:
Ruin (Kingdoms of Sin, #3)

Ruin

(Kingdoms of Sin #3)

I never wanted to be a royal.
I could leave that to my older brother and sister and be happy.
I’d rather see the world, experience life with unjaded eyes, and meet people who liked me based on something other than their expectations.
Gentry Barrington saw exactly who I was the first time we met, the real me.
My title wasn’t part of the equation.
It was our connection that made
Published March 19th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Ruin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ruin

Start your review of Ruin (Kingdoms of Sin, #3)
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Mar 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4.5 Stars!
(ARC provided by Wildfire Marketing Solutions)

-“You’re the most exquisite thing I’ve ever seen.”

photo 61D1EF93-D7ED-4BAE-88AF-F6C72A2714EA_zps0crsox86.jpg

Ava Safrin is the rebellious, reluctant princess of Farrow. She’s the youngest sister in the close knit Safrin family, but never feels like she can compete with her perfect siblings, so she doesn’t even try. She’s often considered a wild child and trouble. She doesn’t even attempt to be proper, and doesn’t feel she’s cut out for this life she was born into. She wants nothing to do with t
Elle's Book Blog
Mar 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Release Date: March 19, 2020
Actual Rating: 4 stars

Forbidden Romance

I'm fairly new to Willow Aster's books but from what I've read I've really enjoyed! Ruin is the third standalone in the Kingdoms of Sin series but CAN stand alone. I had no issues with reading this one out of order but from what I can gather from other readers this series is best enjoyed reading in order. Either way, I think many readers are going to love this forbidden romance with some fantastic twists!
Sarah N
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow, wow, WOW! I absolutely and wholeheartedly enjoyed Ruin by Willow Aster! As book three in the Kingdoms of Sin series, I was so excited to read this book. I loved the first two books, but was not prepared for just how much I would love Ava's book! So much so, it's probably my favorite in the series!

Ruin was emotional, angsty, and deliciously forbidden. With so much packed into this book, it's nearly two stories in one! You get age gap and the forbidden element, coupled with so many twists and
Kalie Phillips
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020, arc, favs-of-2020
*sigh* I loved this book so much!

It had everything I love in a book
Feisty take no shit heroine ✔️
Heart stopping suspense ✔️
A bit of forbidden love ✔️
Swoon worthy romance ✔️
Ava and Gentry were everything. From their chemistry the second they met, to the forbidden flirting, to finally being able to give in and love each other out in the open, had me smiling from ear to ear! They are definitely my favorite couple in the series so far.

Have I told you all how much I love this world Willow has crea
Courtney
Mar 23, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
2.5 Stars

Ruin is the third book in the Kingdom of Sin series. While it can be read as a standalone, there are a lot of other characters from previous books in this one and I think in order to get a true understanding of the whole story, it is best to read them in order. But Ava and Gentry's story itself does not tie into anything else.

If you have read my previous reviews on this series, then you know I have been running right down the middle with it. I don't love it, but I am not hating it eit
Norma
Mar 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of this book for an honest review.

The Kingdoms of Sin series continues with book 3 and it is everything I was waiting for! I instantly fell in love with this series with Downfall. And then came Exposed and I fell even more in love. Now we have Ruin and I can honestly say I am truly blown away by this series and I don't want it to end after the next book.

Willow brought Ava and Gentry to life in a way that I can't explain. From the very beginning, they both capture you and create
Johnaka- Amity Book Blog
Ruin by Willow Aster
“Rebel royal, 4 stars”

Upfront, the only reason Ruin is getting 4 stars is because I needed more. I need answers like now. Granted I know that we will get those answers in the next book but I’m not a patient woman. With that said, if you love a good royal story with an unusual twist than look no further.
Ava wants nothing to do with the life she was born into. She loves her family and she does love her country but she doesn’t love the pressure her country puts on her family. T
Talon
Mar 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
As I started Ruin, book three in this standalone series that Willow is so graciously delivering to us, I assumed as the books went on the less and less I would enjoy what I was reading or eventually I would get burnt out on the setting / characters but that is sooo not the case! Every time I open my kindle to these books, I am just as in love if not more than I was with the last bok.

There is so much going on in this book !SO MUCH! but Willow wrote it in a way that you are able to enjoy, not fee
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
wait until you read Ava's story!!! OMG!
Konny
Mar 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ruin by Willow Aster is book three in her series of stand-alones, Kingdom of Sins. The previous books are Downfall and Exposed.
Ruin is Ava and Gentry's forbidden romance story. I will not spoiler here, only so much, the storyline is a hot one- fans herself.
I loved the characters from the start. The writing is great and I connected easily with the characters.
Chayo
Mar 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Being new to Willow Aster’s books I found myself quickly falling into this story of forbidden love among other things. While being the third book in the Kingdoms of Sin series, I found it easy to read and had no problem picking up on the interconnected aspects of the characters. I will, however, read books one and two in order to fully appreciate the whole aspect of this series as it unfolds. There were twists I didn’t see coming and found myself enthralled to the point of absorbing it all in on ...more
Anastasia
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ruin is book 3 in “The Kingdoms of Sin” series by Willow Aster. I was pulled in to the series from Downfall (book 1), but I have to say that hands down Ruin has to be my favorite so far. The way that Willow wrote their story is amazing. The emotion, the chemistry, the craziness of their lives had me not wanting to put the book down and I finished it in less than 1 day 

Ava is Eden’s little sister (book 1). She never wanted to be like her sister the Queen or her brother the King. She never wanted
Mari
Mar 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
I definitely didn't expect much as I didn't love the last book but I was pleasantly surprised. We only saw little pieces of Ava through the two previous books. Aside from veing Eden and Jadon's little sister anyway. I never actually thought about her getting the next book to be honest. Here we also have a new name in Gentry. This was a surprise student ans teacher trope. While Ava is all carefree and rebellious she felt their connection. She isn't too bothered by the forbidden aspect too. Gentry ...more
* A review copy was provided by the author *

~ 4 Ruining Stars ~

Wow….I totally did expect this book!! I don’t really know what I was expecting going into Ava’s story, but nothing could’ve prepared me for what we got!!

This book was so good. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. This was a taboo/forbidden age gap romance, but it was also a romantic suspense story. If you have read any of the other books in this series then you know this world we are in with these characters is twisted one and will leave
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
Ruin, Kingdoms of Sin #3, is, not surprisingly, another 5 Star book by Willow Aster.

While you can technically read each book as a stand-alone, I whole heartedly recommend starting with book #1; main characters from each book make appearances in all of the books and it helps to know how they all relate to each other and how they all fit in to the larger story line.

‘Ruin’ features Ava, sister of Eden and Jadon - introduced in book #1, and Gentry, friend of Elias - whose story is the focus of boo
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
Wow! Just wow! This series has been amazing and I have loved every single book. Though each book is a standalone about different couples, they do build upon each other. In Ruin by Willow Aster, we get Ava and Gentry’s story and let me just tell you, hold on to your seats! This forbidden romance had me turning the pages quickly and yet wanting it to never end! When they meet, the sparks fly, but there is an age gap he cannot ignore. And yet he cannot stay away either. When danger looms, all bets ...more
Misty
Mar 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Willow has started a series that I think I could keep reading as long as she wanted to keep it going. This is a rare thing for me. I'm the girl who is usually yelling give us something new but Willow has me hooked with this. Maybe it's because with every book it does feel like she's giving us something new even when the stories in each book are woven together. We get new main characters with their own issues that seem to fall into a huge puzzle that we're just waiting to put together.

Ruin captu
Karin
Mar 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
I adored this book! Ava and Gentry didn’t know much about the other the night they met but even after they went there separate ways after neither could really forget about the other until they meet again and he wants as much distance as possible but she isn’t having any of it. Ava and Gentry’s story was endearing and there chemistry was explosive
Rachel Schneider
Mar 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
I am so smitten with this series. And I absolutely adore Ava. Wise pass her years. Knows what she wants and goes after it. Gentry ***swoons*** he is all the things. Smart, handsome, and level headed. I love that there are still some unanswered questions after this conclusion. I’m excited to see what happens next.
michelle Shelly
Mar 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ruin is my favorite in the series so far. You don’t really have to read the others but it will help to understand the characters more. This is Ava’s story and I absolutely loved it. It’s got that touch of forbidden story so it grabs you right away. Her love interest is Gentry and boy is he a great character. Not only is this a forbidden romance it’s also gritty, mysterious with a bit of excitement. It kept me entertained and I was totally engrossed in the story. It’s a definite must read.
Mojo_Mama
Better than the others if only for the plot. The twist somewhere around 60% saved the monotony of the beginning. I was just about to DNF out of boredom.
Jessica
Mar 12, 2020 rated it liked it
I did not finish this one.
I just couldn’t get into it. Not even when I skipped around.
Amy Dickinson
Overall Grade: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Willow Aster’s Kingdoms of Sin series offers us a world of royalty. Undergirding each standalone in this series is a larger mystery. There is something afoot in each of her books that the hero and heroine of that book must contend with. It’s the tie that binds each of them together. Can they be read as total standalones? Yes. However, for the breadth of the experience, you should read them all. It will make connections in ways that show Aster’s ability to world-build.

Now,
Amy
Mar 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
If you've been following Willow Aster's Kingdoms of Sin series, then you've seen the hints that Ava, the Aria Stark of Farrow, will fall for the older Gentry. In this book, Aster tells you their story, and it is every bit as angsty and dangerous as you expect--more so, even.

Ava pushes back against her birthright. She may love her siblings--her older brother is the king, her sister is queen of a kingdom she married into--but she wants nothing to do with royal status. She likes tattoos and dying c
Shh!! Me Time!!
Mar 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have read this book in exchange for an honest review.

I adore her writing!! She is very detail oriented and paints a clear picture in your mind. She really brings to light forbidden love and the emotion to go with it. Add some drama, sexiness, and royalty a book you can not put down.

Ava is a free spirited princess who does not want anything to do with the thrown. She wants to live a simple life of traveling and to live her life the way she wants. She loves her family, but not the life they lea
Valerie
Mar 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
From the moment I started this series with Luka & Eden’s story, I felt like it was kind of a mix between Pretty Little Liars and any Liam Neeson movie. I swear, the level of suspense and intrigue in each of these books is just astounding and with this book? It was off the charts. I was on the edge of my seat from the middle all the way through the end of the book. Mind you I read this in two sittings so I couldn’t even begin to imagine what my facial expressions looked like.

Lately one of my obs
Ree
Mar 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A forbidden love that exposes many secrets!

There is political turmoil all around Ava, but as the youngest child, and therefore spare heir of the Saffrin household, she's been sheltered from much of the goings-on. Her tendency to rebel has resulted in her living with her oldest sibling, the new queen of Niaps, attempting to finish her last year of school with as little fanfare as possible. But before that happens, she meets a man who takes her breath away. Eager to find her mystery man, but conte
 •Cici• Theory of A Dreamer Book Blog♥
4.5 Everything Stars!!

Having read the other books in the Kingdoms of Sin series, Ruin quickly became one of my most anticipated reads of 2020! I could not contain my excitement when I picked up my kindle and started reading it! I loved this story so very much! I was glued to my kindle from the beginning to the very end.

Ava and Gentry's journey was quite the unforgettable one from start to finish. I couldn't get enough of their connection and how they had me feeling ALL the feels possible! Ava wa
Nikki Pennington
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It is an awakening. I'm aware that I will never be the same after this kiss. And I wouldn't want to be.

I received an ARC of Ruin from the author for my honest reiew. Ruin is book 3 in the standalone Kingdom of Sin series. I would highly recommend reading the first two books also, because this series is amazing!

Every time I read a book by Willow Aster I just fall more and more in love with her and her writing. She knows how to write a story that draws you in from the first page, and keeps yo
Novel Grounds
Mar 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing

I loved this read fiercely. It is hands down my favorite of this series. Willow took two characters that I was madly interested in and made them the center of my universe for this entire book.

I fell fiercely for this. I love a good student teacher romance and this was not what you thought it was going to be. It was something completely out of what you expect and once that ball got rolling all the secrets started to come to light.

This book brought it all. It had the angst and the romance and it a
« previous 1 3 next »

• Mum's the Word (Bennet Brothers, #3)
  • Sweet Chaos (Love and Chaos, #2)
  • Waiting for my Queen
  • The Sinful King (Naughty Royals, #1)
  • Bachelor Boss (The Bachelors Club, #2)
  • Lies We Tell
  • The Lying Season
  • When Shadows Follow
  • Catch Twenty-Two (Westover Prep, #2)
  • Falling North (Turner Artist Rocker, #2)
  • Rising West (Turner Artist Rocker, #1)
  • From the First Verse  (Life of Debauchery, #1)
  • The Hating Season
  • Southern Comfort (Southern Series, #2)
  • A Lovely Confession (Debt of Passion Duet #2)
  • He Hates Me (Hate & Love Duet, #1)
  • The Ninth Inning (The Boys of Baseball, #1)
  • Unrequited
Willow Aster is the author of True Love Story, In the Fields, Maybe Maby, Fade to Red, Lilith, and 5,331 Miles. She is also half of the Fisher & Aster writing duo of The End of Men series.

Writing is the ultimate escape ... I love it and hate it and can't live without it. My home is in St. Paul, MN with my husband, two kids, and our rescue dog.

Join me on my website: http://www.willowaster.com/

Join

Kingdoms of Sin (4 books)
  • Downfall (Kingdoms of Sin, #1)
  • Exposed (Kingdoms of Sin, #2)
  • Pride (Kingdoms of Sin, #4)

News & Interviews