Start by marking “Bullseye (The Monsters Within Duet, #1)” as Want to Read:
Bullseye (The Monsters Within Duet, #1)

Bullseye

(The Monsters Within Duet #1)

For twelve long years, I’ve breathed, I’ve bled for only one thing…

Revenge.

Four men took something from me, something which can never be replaced. That one night changed the lives of so many and taught me that monsters are real.

But I also learned I’m the biggest monster of them all.

Nothing and no one will stand in my way of redemption because those men…they’re now three. T
Published February 20th 2020 by Monica James

Start your review of Bullseye (The Monsters Within Duet, #1)
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
24993460-SX540
a

‘BULLSEYE’ is the first full length book in the ‘Monsters Within’ duet by Monica James. Spoken in 'Dual Perspectives.'

"🅃🄷🄸🅂 🄸🅂 🄼🄴. 🄰 🄲🄾🄻🄳 🄷🄴🄰🅁🅃🄴🄳 🄱🄰🅂🅃🄰🅁🄳. 🄰 🄳🄴🄿🅁🄰🅅🄴🄳 🄰🄽🄸🄼🄰🄻. 🄼🅈 🅂🅃🄾🅁🅈 🄳🄾🄴🅂🄽'🅃 🄴🄽🄳 🅆🄸🅃🄷 🄿🅁🄸🄽🄲🄴 🄲🄷🄰🅁🄼🄸🄽🄶 🅂🄰🅅🄸🄽🄶 🅃🄷🄴 🄿🅁🄸🄽🄲🄴🅂🅂 🄰🄽🄳 🄻🄸🅅🄸🄽🄶 🄷🄰🄿🄿🄸🄻🅈 🄴🅅🄴🅁 🄰🄵🅃🄴🅁 🅆🄸🅃🄷 🄷🄴🅁 🄱🄴🄲🄰🅄🅂🄴 ... 🄸 🄺🄸🄻🄻🄴🄳 🅃🄷🄴 🄵🅄🄲🄺🄸🄽🄶 🄿🅁🄸🄽🄲🄴."

How much would you sacrifice to avenge your best friend/your brother's death? When revenge ran fluidly through Bulls veins nothing else mattered! It's all he tasted. It's all h
Jessica ❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
You know that saying, "Two wrongs don't make a right."?

Well, sometimes that's a bunch of bullshit.

Bull's brother is senselessly and brutally murdered by a group of men while Bull's held down and forced to watch every horrifying second up close.

After that night, Bull wants nothing more from life than vengeance against the monsters responsible for his brother's death.

Unfortunately, he's thrown into jail before he can finish the job, so for twelve long years, he plots his revenge and waits for
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
4.5 STARS

This is me. A coldhearted bastard. A depraved animal. My story doesn’t end with Prince Charming saving the princess and living happily ever after with her because…I killed the fucking prince.

Holy hell, Monica James. I'm equal parts terrified and in awe of your author brain right now. Because this book? It was all sorts of f*cked up. And I. FREAKING. LOVED. IT.

You know what I love about a good dark romance? It's that feeling that it gives you. You know the one? When you're re
Ria
Feb 14, 2020 rated it did not like it
Sometimes I read a book or attempt to read a book and I am left speechless.

This is one of those times. Originally I wasn’t going to review this but I did receive an ARC in exchange for an honest review so here goes.

Monica, I loved your All The Pretty Things series, it was really well written and I always recommend it.
But SIS......every other book I attempted to read from you was a DNF or I hated. I’m beginning to think that ATPT was a one time thing! I’m sitting here trying to figure out HOW
Jessica
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
I absolutely love Monica James' dark romances, so when I saw she had a new duet coming out, and after seeing that gorgeous cover, I couldn't wait to get my hands on this book.

This book starts the day that Bullseye gets released from jail and I was immediately intrigued by his character. We knew that he was out for revenge, but we don't know what that revenge was until about 20% into the book. I love myself a damaged hero and Bullseye is as damaged as they come. I loved how we were slowly given i
Lyn❤Loves❤Listening #AUDIOBOOKADDICT
Audio review dnf @ 13%

Dual male/female pov story with only a female narrator...not my favorite kind of audiobook, but there are some very talented female narrators that carry it off very well. Too bad that's not the case here. Not only does the narrator lack the attituded of a 6'4 tall, 30-year-old ex-con male, she makes ZERO effort to even sound male. In what audio world is that the least bit appealing???!!!

Syndi
Jul 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Wow! This is good! Really good. Now I am on the edge of my seat to get my hand on second book. I have no idea how Miss James going to resolved everything.

The story of romance and mafia blends perfectly in this book. Every twist and turn are arranged so perfectly. It is now a tangles of web. Betrayal, lies and love hitting at every direction on every page.

Bravo.

5 stars
❤️Emma Book Lover ❤️
3.5/4 Stars

"So much is going on behind those mismatched eyes, eyes I can’t stop looking into because it seems as though he’s battling both good and bad. Light and dark. I wonder which side will eventually win."

"There isn’t a hero in me. And that’s what someone like Tiger deserves.
Like a butterfly, she is so beautiful, but all I want to do is tear off her wings."

I am a bit confused by my feelings regarding this book.Was highly praised and I had equally high expectations which were met and
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
This dark romance features an unapologetic antihero that experienced a heartbreaking beginning. He grew up too fast after making mistakes that had serious consequences. He’s raw, intense, and bent on revenge.

Lily is a woman marked by a hard lonely life. She’s been at the mercy of the men in her life yet something draws her to Bull.

While the plot had some parts that were predictable and it was quite involved, I liked that the characters were consistent throughout the story. Their prose and acti
Meredith Wilson
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-arc-reads
WOW! What a ride! This book, Bullseye, had me holding my breath the entire time. This multi-layered, twisted tale starts off with a blaze of fire making your heart beat wildly in anticipation of what's to come. It's dark. It's gritty. It's raw. It's completely addicting. The characters, the plot and the intensity of feels... all of it was off the charts.

Bull (Cody) is a complex and angry man. A man shrouded in a heavy, painful past that leads him to a life of vengeance. His demons haunt him, mak
Whitney
Aug 12, 2020 rated it liked it
I have been dying to read something - ANYTHING - by Monica James for a while now. When this bad boy popped up on my KindleUnlimited, I knew I had to read it.

Bullseye has had a hard life. As a teenager, he witnessed his brother get brutally murdered. He felt partially responsible because he wasn't able to stop it. This caused him to become estranged from his parents and become obsessed with getting revenge on his brother's attackers. He was able to kill one person involved with his brother's dea
Tiff
Oct 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Bull is fresh out of a twelve year stint in prison for something traumatic that happened in his teenage years that changed his life forever. Now he lives and breathes revenge. Convinced he’s a horrible person, and comfortable in it, he’ll do whatever he needs to meet his end goal. Beginning his revenge is to get in the strip club scene to find who he’s looking for. Obtaining a job as a bouncer, he meets TigerLily, a single mom who “dances” to financially take care of her preteen son. TigerLily, ...more
Book Maniac Forever

⭐️ 4.5 "Tortured Soul" Stars ⭐️
This book... wow! It was so different than what I was expecting, but in a very good way! Poignant, obscure, twisted and riveting this read was difficult to put down. Monica James created an enigmatic, tortured hero in Bull and a fiery heroine in Lily; such multi-faceted protagonists. I found them utterly fascinating! The evolution of these characters throughout the story was incredible.

I personally didn’t find Bullseye that dark! Not in a typical way, anyway! I
Jessie
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 Insane ☆Stars

Marvelous. Wild. Intense. Unputtable down.

description

I received this arc in exchange for an honest review.

What an insane and wild read! I want to thank Monica for finishing this first part without a cliffhanger. However, it does not take away my urge of knowing how this story will end. I can't wait to read it!

Cody, had only one thing in mind. Revenge. At fifteen he lost, heartbreakingly, the most important person in his life. Uff, be prepared to read one of the most heartbreaking parts i
Mickeysreads
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: two-star, 2020-read
Let me just make it clear that I really liked both the characters up to a certain point. That point was when they went through the different stages of sex. Let me just start from the beginning okay?

So we have our H who just got out of prison for murder. (view spoiler)
Ria Alexander  - Reading Is Our Satisfaction
Dark, raw, violent ... yet soul touching and emotional

A pair of motorcycle boots, size thirteen. A Harley-Davidson T-shirt. A pair of blue jeans ripped in both knees. A black hoodie. A leather wallet containing eighty-five dollars. And a silver necklace with a St. Christopher medallion. “Here is two hundred and fifty dollars, a map, and three condoms. You got someone picking you up?"

These are the opening lines of a book that will devour you, it will eat you alive, your emotions won’t know h
TheSassyNerdBlog
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: top-2020-reads
Holy.. fucking... shit.

I am not sure where to begin with this review. I've read this twice now and I'm still sitting here completely speechless and trying to find the right words to say. This book? THIS FUCKING BOOK?... Holy fuck. I knew going into this that the author was about to rip out my soul and eat it for lunch... But I didn't even expect what I got.

Bullseye was something... Oh, fuck was he something. He is the definition of darkness and terror. A depraved animal and bad to the bone. No
Beneath The Covers Blog
Feb 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-reads, arcs, sonal
Full review can be found HERE --> https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

*ARC provided for a voluntary honest review.* ~Sonal
queen_of_the_books_18
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Bloodlust and revenge drive my demons, and all they want to do is cause pain because misery loves company. I want to watch the world burn with me. But the monster inside me has always lingered. It was just waiting for the right moment to slither out of hell.

Ok, breathe. I need to calm the hell down because even though it’s been 2 days since I finished Bullseye, I’ve just been looking back through the 100’s of quotes I highlighted and now I’m all hot and bothered again! 😂

Bull. This man. He is da
Bozena
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Queen of dark romances has once again given us an incredible gripping, terrible emotional and brutal story.
A story that starts without hope and ends exactly the same way. This book will play with your mind, emotions and feelings and will wreck you completely. Holly sh*t 😱 I'm all over the place and don't know how to describe this wreaking emotional havoc story.
Brace yourself for the hurricane that's this story.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Bull is the incarnation of a bad and heartless criminal after a tragedy th
Karen Mc
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing

That warning though ... only enticed me more!

WARNING: This is the point of no return because now, it’s time you forgo what’s left of your soul.

WOW!!! What a rush! What a read!!! Monica James took my body, heart, and mind on a high-octane dance with danger, dominating me with the beautifully broken BULLSEYE, a book that blasted into me with a force I never saw coming, but one I felt everywhere.

The slow burn of a build-up.
The palpable push and pull.
The thrilling and toe-curling tens
hooked_on_books
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
image: description

★★★★★★REVIEW★★★★★★
RATING:
Okay, let me first catch my breath. 𝙊𝙪𝙪𝙛 !!
It’s been a while since I’ve read something dark now, then 𝑩𝒖𝒍𝒍𝒔𝒆𝒚𝒆 was out and I had to read it.
Best decision EVER!!
𝑩𝒖𝒍𝒍𝒔𝒆𝒚𝒆 was one of those books once you start reading you can never put down. Literally. .
𝑪𝒐𝒅𝒚'𝒔 world was flipped upside down when he was only 15 years old. He saw his brother getting killed right in front of his eyes. And since then, he had only one thing in mind. 𝘼𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙜𝙚 𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙗𝙧𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧’𝙨 𝙙𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙝. 2 years
Anne's Corner Book Blog (AC)
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
Holy WOW! Must take a minute and collect my jaw from the floor...this author has a dark side and she got this book to prove it - dark, gritty, total mind-f!
Diana * burningdesire_x3 *
Here comes the praise
“My patience ends, I want revenge” In the words of The Payback by James Brown, I PRESENT TO YOU A MASTERPIECE OF DARK ROMANCE
*arc generously provided by the author in exchange for an honest review*

Bullseye release date: February 20
Blowback release date: April 30

BLOWACK: THE MONSTERS WITHIN DUET BOOK 2 spoiler-free review

I'm enjoying this far too much, the handing out of Lana Tropico gifs HAHA
description

"In the smoke they can hear me coming
If you were me, and I was you
I'd get out o
Kodie Mackay
OKKKKRRRRRRRRR

IMEANWTFACTUALLYJUSTHAPPENED

I feel like every book I read from this author leaves me feeling like I'm a having a nervous breakdown. I'm not even fucking kidding. The emoshhh of it all.

Just saying now this book is a masterpiece. I'm not even going to draw it out because it makes no sense I'll just be straight up and say this book is everything your never knew you needed. Yes there is some triggers in here for those who are sensitive to certain subjects so do your research if t
The Smutbrarians
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Feels 3
Steam 4
Storyline 4
Overall Rating 4
Kindle eArc provided by Author
Reviewed by Stephanie

“It’s as if heaven and hell are fighting their own personal battle, wanting to conquer the other side.”

I love me some Monica James books and her latest one does not disappoint. Bullseye is the first book in The Monsters Within Duet and it’s a mind-blowing mix of all things raw, gritty and twisted. While I personally wouldn’t consider this book super dark, it does walk that line and crossed over into depr
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 4.5 / 5 stars

Wow wow wow. Monica James never fails to reel me completely into her stories. Bullseye was different than I imagined it was going to be... I was so pleasantly surprised by this story. It was intriguing, compelling and oh so delicious. Bull won me over... his darkness was all centered on getting revenge for someone he loved and I was rooting for him from the beginning.

Lily was the perfect woman for him... their darkness calls out to one another and when they are alone in the
Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri
description

Monica James’ Bullseye hit the target! Monica spins a multi-layered dark romance that is dark, gritty, and raw. This book is a cluster-eff (can't say the word) of epic proportions.

Bull (Cody) is a monster, hell-bent on revenge. Tiger (Lilly) is the one woman who tempted his blood lust in an entirely different way. Bull will get his revenge on the animals that hurt his family, but will Tiger turn into emotional collateral damage?

Knowing Monica's storytelling ability, Bullseye is just the beginni
Sue
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Dark minds, tatted bodies and dangerous personas have always been my catnip, my go-to reads in any books where the "hero" is all of those things. With Bullseye, Monica James has taken me back to experience those same feelings I got when I first read Bad Saint. Bull is one complex dude who started off pretty much as any normal kid, but the universe had other, more insidious ideas about how his life would turn out, and he becomes something that nobody can contain. This book is at once heartbreakin ...more
Siobhan (Bookish Vibes)
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Monica James was not kidding when she said this book was dark. The whole thing was intense and had me completely obsessed from the moment I started reading.

This book is violent, gritty, raw and full of so many heart stopping moments that leave you breathless. Bull is by no means a 'good guy' but you cannot help but feel for him. Life has not been kind to him and in return he became this hardened, emotionless guy out for revenge. Lily is the good he didn't know he needed in his life. She has had
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Releasing Keanu (The Kennedy Boys #8)
  • Unbreakable (Cloverleigh Farms, #4)
  • Danger Zone (The Elite, #1)
  • Old Fashioned (Becker Brothers, #4)
  • The Free (The Wild, #2)
  • The Cruelest Stranger
  • Surrender (Voyeur, #3.5)
  • Creeping Beautiful (Creeping Beautiful, #1)
  • The Trade
  • Warrior Blue
  • The Affair
  • Without You
  • Revenge (Slay Quartet #3)
  • The Secrets We Hide (The Four, #2)
  • Beautiful Liar (The Reed Rivers Trilogy, #2)
  • Catch Twenty-Two (Westover Prep, #2)
  • Hometown Heartless
Monica James spent her youth devouring the works of Anne Rice, William Shakespeare, and Emily Dickinson.
When she is not writing, Monica is busy running her own business, but she always finds a balance between the two. She enjoys writing honest, heartfelt, and turbulent stories, hoping to leave an imprint on her readers. She draws her inspiration from life.
She is a bestselling author in the U.S.,

The Monsters Within Duet (2 books)
  • Blowback (The Monsters Within Duet, #2)

News & Interviews

“You’re about to get in bed with the devil. Can you deal?” 0 likes
“Like a butterfly, she is so beautiful, but all I want to do is tear off her wings.” 0 likes