Start by marking “Hearts and Thorns” as Want to Read:
Hearts and Thorns

Hearts and Thorns

(Magnolia Cove #3)

I love you; I loathe you

Jackson Thorn was my best friend and worst enemy, but that didn't stop me from wanting him.
From first words to high school halls, our childhood years braided a bond that wove in a direction neither of us could predict or outgrow.

Forbidden became a word we ignored.
It wasn't that we didn't care.
It was that we cared too much.
We had it all planned
Published January 1st 2020 (first published December 31st 2019)

Start your review of Hearts and Thorns
Michelle Claypot_Reads
Everyone knows I fangirl this author and her stories & this is the reason why. These characters are so beautiful and hurt each other and me so much I wanted to reach into the Ipad and punch them. Then drive 3 hours to Ella's house & shake her & ask why she likes to hurt me so much.

She has this ability to hurt you while still giving you hope that you’re afraid to have. Her characters are flawed and real and their love stories are never easy.

Willa and Jackson's story is everything I hoped for &
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
24993460-SX540
ella-fields

HEARTS AND THORNS: Is a standalone full length new adult stepbrother romance. Spoken in 'Dual Perspectives.'

Once this landed on my kindle I was off like a rocket to the beach away from social media, away from all distractions, inhaling, devouring, loving every word, getting swept away on a sea of angst. It felt like the author was playing target practice on my heart, no bandaid could fix the damage caused. A roller coaster that never ended. This book, her words packed a punch, this book
Bee
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
2.25-2.5 STARS

Guys... When I say I'm disappointed, when I say that this story had so much potential, when I say that I couldn't sleep properly ALL NIGHT because of how awful this story made me feel, I am not lying.

Let me just start off by saying that the first 50% was completely magical. I absolutely loved it. The characters were everything I ever wanted them to be, the brewing angst in every page, the love, the obsession, the possessiveness... SWOON. I was hundred percent sure that this was go
Mali Mor ❤️ The Romantic Blogger
Hearts-and-Thorns-GIF
Ella Fields is an evil woman. 😈
She might look sweet with her cute posts on social media, but with no doubt, her biggest hobby is to break-crush-smash her readers hearts!!! 😭

Nothing could prepare me for all the crying, the ache in my stomach and the sound of my heart *literally* breaking because of this book. 💔

📚 "𝗪𝗲’𝗹𝗹 𝗻𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗯𝗲 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗳𝗲𝗰𝘁, 𝗝𝗮𝗰𝗸𝘀𝗼𝗻.”
“𝗜 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄,” 𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗮𝗶𝗱. “𝗜 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄, 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲’𝘀 𝗻𝗼 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗲𝗹𝘀𝗲 𝗜’𝗱 𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗯𝗲 𝗶𝗺𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗳𝗲𝗰𝘁 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵.” 📚

Willa and Jackson Thorn are step siblings who have always shared
Chelsea Humphrey
"Then he moved, his unsaid words fading into a kiss that would break a thousand rules and promises for years to come."

"We weren't only soul mates. We were stitched at the seams, unable to part without losing fragments of ourselves."

😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭
Jessica ❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
4.5

Hearts and Thorns by Ella Fields was one of my most anticipated reads of 2020, and how could it not be? Ella Fields is a motherfucking unicorn! No shit! The woman is magical! The level of angst in her books is unparalleled. She rips your heart out and beats you with it, punches you in the stomach, and stomps on your soul! If you don't believe me, give one of her books a try, and you'll see I speak the truth! She earned her "Queen of Angst" nickname honestly. If you're not sweating, sobbing, c
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
20191229_013030.png

I never knew this about myself but after finishing this book, I now know with certainty that I have a glutton for punishment . This author punctures my heart in every story and what do I do time and time again? I go back for more!! I know my heart is going to be at risk, I know that whether I like it or not, she’s going to evoke the most toughest feelings out of me and I KNOW that when I read that very last sentence, I’m going to exhale for the journey that I took with a smile on my face.

“We w
mel ☽
Jan 06, 2020 rated it liked it
”We weren't an itch we could scratch. We were fire that would never extinguish, and we'd burn anything in our path to keep getting what we wanted. What we needed.”

not gonna lie, i really did like this overall even though there were tropes i absolutely HATED (OP drama/scenes, miscommunication, and all that).

HOWEVER, the whole forbidden, step-sibling, taboo, thing drew me in so here i am, reading this book that i know will frustrate me to no end, and boy did it ever.

i have only read
Wendy

Wow, what a great way to start the new year...with an amazing 5 star read !! I am not surprised though, because this author really knows how to pull on my heartstrings, and she made sure to pull hard this time 9f01372377900d9203bc4efe48eb1659

I am however gonna keep this review a bit on the vague side because I think reading this one without spoilers, makes it way more enjoyable.... or should I say angsty ...

angst gif - Google Zoeken

Prepare to have your hearts squeezed into tiny little pieces because no one can do teenage angst like Ella Fields can. Th
Malene
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Why do I keep doing this to myself? Why do I put myself through all this angst and heartbreak? Ella Fields that’s why! She puts me through hell with Willa and Jackson. Makes me frustrated and pissed as hell but the pay off is so damn worth it.

Hearts and Thorns is an addictive step siblings romance. So entertaining and even though I could anticipate the mistakes Willa and Jackson were about to make I couldn’t look away. I didn’t want to! I’m a glutton for punishment. Oh boy did these two screw u
Ellie
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was ok
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
5 Stars!
(ARC provided by author)

-No matter how much time passed, nor how hard I'd tried, I'd forever be in love with my stepbrother.

photo 1AA00EA3-5A2B-4627-A847-C6831753FB0C_zps4z6ceuzo.jpg

Jackson and Willa grew up in the small town of Magnolia Cove. They shared the same surname in the Thorn household, and were very close. Ever since their parents married they were inseparable. They shared an unbreakable bond that strengthened through the years. They were more than step siblings, they were best friends. As they get older their relationship begins
Dilek VT
Jan 03, 2020 marked it as nope
I love forbidden love/taboo love stories and step-siblings don't sound like a big taboo to me so they are the easiest I can accept but this one sounds like a bad example of it.

My friend Ellie's review below is enough for me to say no to this book as the hero sounds too much of a douche-bag and the heroine is once again a doormat. Also, the book sounds like a poorly written one.

Storiesandcoffee
9/21/20 Reread/buddy read time because I've really missed these characters. Loved it just as much this time around. ❤️❤️❤️

“A goodbye that never should’ve been a hello.”

So...I'm no prude when it comes to reading romance novels that push boundaries (obviously), but this one definitely goes under the category of Taboo novels that made Jenn feel slightly uncomfortable. I've read plenty of forbidden stepbrother romances, but Hearts and Thorns just felt different.

With that being said, I still devoure
The Book Bee
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
REVIEW: 4.5 STARS
"Need and love were a force we couldn't contend with and forever lost the battle to."

Once again, Ella Fields made me a tangled mess of emotions for yet another one of her angsty YA/NA romances that took me on one helluva ride. It's no secret I enjoy her stories and how well they work for me. To put it simply, her words dance on the page. They’re so animated and I love the visual she gives me and she never fails to put me IN the story. Did I want to throw my kindle? I might a
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ⭐'s

This is the third book in the Magnolia Cove series so we've already met Jackson and Wilma and I thought I was prepared but oh my, I certainly wasn't.

Jackson and Willa are step siblings and before I didn't think it was too bad that they would be in a relationship BUT...they are step siblings who have been together since they were toddlers. And for me, that's just a tad bit uncomfortable.

I thought that would be the only source of discomfort but things get so much worse. After things hit the
Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it

When childhood innocence transforms into forbidden romance, Ella Fields delivers a bittersweet narrative that touches on more than falling in love with someone you shouldn’t—it’s about family, heartache and forgiveness. Hearts and Thorns, evocative in deliverance and angst-ridden in content, traverses the tumultuous waves of first loves and second chances that will leave your heart tattered and bruised, but the true authentic qualities and the overall deliverance ensures this heart-rending narra
Elle's Book Blog
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Release Date: January 3, 2020
Actual Rating: 4.5 stars

New Adult | Forbidden | Stepbrother Romance

Hearts & Thorns is the third book in the Magnolia Cove series but can stand alone. This book is a young adult/new adult crossover, but I recommend it more for new adult readers rather than young adults. This is because the book has a slightly taboo plot , sex, drinking, and all that other fun stuff we adults enjoy! Half of the book takes place in high school, the other half when the character
lazybookconqueror
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: angsty, taboo
description

''We weren't only soul mates.
We were stitched at the seams, unable to part
without losing fragments of ourselves.’’

Well, I guess when I started reading this that I just felt like ripping my heart out and entering a deep pool of sadness and angst *shrugs*.

description

Hearts and Thorns is a new standalone new adult stepbrother romance from the Magnolia Cove Series, and told through both Jackson’s and Willa’s POV.

Taboo in romance is complicated trope, because the lines are sometimes so thin between a forbidde
Meredith Wilson
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-arc-reads
Hearts and Thorns is an angsty YA romance that gave me all the feels, and I wholeheartedly loved it. Ella Fields is the master at drawing every single emotion out of you with the stories she delivers. Without fail, she obliterates my poor heart every time and then somehow makes it whole again. And she really knocked it out of the park with this one. I'm talking some serious teenage angst perfection right here. It was absolutely delicious and addicting!

Since childhood, Willa and Jackson Thorn hav
Phuong ✯
"I'm not sure how it happened, but somehwere along the way to our forever, I lost track of right now. And I ask myself, all the time if things would've been different had I just stopped and breathed with you.

I can offically say now that I'm done with Ella Fields' books. I really tried, but her books are just not for me. 'Hearts And Thorns' has not convinced me to keep reading EF's books, but in my eyes it's still her best book. There is way too much drama and maybe teenager to stupid things
Sentranced Jem
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-5-stars, arc-2020
**4.5 stars**

Ella Fields… You woman, have made me eating by the palm of your hands.
My first read of the year and it starts with a bang!
Hearts and Thorns is just mind-glowingly good. Talk about taboo! Talk about angst! Talk about the level of chemistry that makes you feel like there are fireworks bursting inside you.

Jackson and Willa’s love story is not going to be everyone’s cup of tea but by god is it worth all that messy, dysfunctional, heartbreaking love story of love.

Brace yourself for a
nikki
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
CRYING!!
I’ve been waiting for Willa and Jackson’s book for so long, but I think I massively underestimated the emotional journey their story was going to take me on. Have you ever had that feeling when reading, where you can physically feel your heart clench and you’re on the verge of tears, but you have to keep going because stopping isn’t an option? Yeah...me too. I really have loved this whole series, but this one was pretty special
Jessica *The Lovely Books*
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rhonda Ziglar
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 HEART GRIPPING STARS!! Jackson and Willa's story is beautiful, painful and will touch every emotion button you have. Be ready Ella Fields takes us readers on a journey you will never forget. I loved these characters, but let me tell you....there were times I wanted to kill Jackson and I also wanted to hug him. You definitely need this book in your lives. ...more
Na
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it

For that was what we were doing, speaking a different language. A language that tasted of disaster and sin but felt like promise and perfection.

The queen of angst is back again! Whereas I didn’t feel the angst so much in her last two or three books, you can only imagine how happy I was finally feeling this knot in my stomach again.
Always waiting for the other shoe to drop. Not knowing how things will turn out, breaking my heart over and over again.

We were fire that would never extingui
queen_of_the_books_18
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Every time I read an Ella Field’s book I try to prepare my heart for what it’s about to encounter and every time I end up with my heart hurting, tears streaming down my face not knowing what to do with my life. This time was no exception. Ella Field’s has just shattered my heart with Heart and Thorns, completely blew it to pieces.

“I feel like I need you to breathe properly.”

I have loved every story in this series but I’ve always been intrigued by Willa and Jackson’s story. A stepbrother romanc
Jen
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My poor aching heart. What a rush. Hearts and Thorns will obliterate you—talk about angst overload!

I’ve been impatiently waiting for Willa and Jackson’s story knowing it was gonna be brutal but in the very best way.

The hurt and pain was worth it and Ella Fields can tell a tale like no other. There were moments I had to take breaks, not gonna lie. I live for angsty books—and god did she deliver. I’m shocked my kindle made it through in tact since I had to force myself to not smash it against the
Annette Brignac
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
With a sore and achy heart, I finished this story today. Holy HELL can this author write!

This story is everything I hoped for and so much more than I was expecting in the absolute best way. My heart broke into a thousand pieces because of what these two went through, and then it was healed so perfectly.

This author... She has this way of grabbing the reader and dragging them into the story. She makes the stories real and relatable. She makes the reader FEEL, which is the best part of her writing.
Timitra
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Rated 4.5 Stars

Hearts and Thorns was angsty, sexy and an emotional rollercoaster of epic proportions. I loved it and hated it; I loved that it had me so emotionally invested in it to the point where I didn't want to put it down and hated a lot of the things the characters did but man what a great story. I was obsessed with Willa's and Jack's story. It was rough, they made stupid decisions but their love endured through it all. I thoroughly enjoyed this book even though it put me through the emot
Goodreads Librari...: Please add page count 2 20 May 29, 2020 03:48PM

• The New Husband
  • The Dugout
  • The Wrong Prince Charming
  • Impact
  • Discretion (The Dumonts, #1)
  • Broken Knight (All Saints High)
  • Savior (Voyeur, #3)
  • The Lineup
  • Choosing Us (Pierced Hearts Duet, #1)
  • Choosing You (Pierced Hearts Duet, #2)
  • The Burning Shadow (Origin, #2)
  • Kaleidoscope Hearts (Hearts, #1)
  • Mason (Trinity Academy Book 2)
  • Kisses and Wishes: One Holiday Wish / Collared for Christmas / Stolen Mistletoe Kisses
USA Today and international bestselling author, Ella Fields, resides in Australia with her husband, two children, and furry critters.
A lover of chocolate, love, magic, and words—she enjoys exploring the emotional mayhem of seldom penned what-ifs in varying genres of romance.

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ellafieldsa...

Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/authorellafields/

Newsletter: http://bit.

Magnolia Cove (3 books)
  • Kiss and Break Up (Magnolia Cove, #1)
  • Forever and Never (Magnolia Cove, #2)