Start by marking “Uncaged (Unspoken #2)” as Want to Read:
Uncaged (Unspoken #2)

Uncaged

(Unspoken #2)

Not every queen needs a crown.

After escaping Stormwall, Izzy and Fray have finally crossed through the Archway and into The Old Kingdom in search of allies. But finding a place within Fray’s former pack is harder than they imagined. When Izzy’s father warred with the Gwylis, it made a lifelong enemy of the Rowan name. Fray’s betrayal of siding with Aquarius in the war make

Published February 11th 2020 by The Parliament House

To ask other readers questions about Uncaged, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Uncaged

Start your review of Uncaged (Unspoken #2)
Lindsay (pawsomereads)
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved getting to revisit this world and these characters again!! This sequel is so action-packed and we get introduced to a whole new cast of characters who are each dynamic and captivating in their own way. I loved the journey taken by Izzy and her friends/allies in this book and I can’t wait to see what happens next in the third novel!
Angela
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this as an eARC to read for free in exchange for my honest review. Thank you to Celia McMahon and The Parliament House for giving me access.

Oh. My. Heart. I think it is breaking. Why? I can’t even begin to answer that without leading to spoilers. But there is death, which is to be expected because we are at war, but I am not okay.

Moving on…

Celia Mcmahon does and amazing job at world building and storytelling. We have love and loss, traitors and heroes, more Gwylis and FIRE MAGIC! I d
[ReadersRealms] Heather
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Celia McMahon and The Parliament House Press for an eARC in exchange for an honest review.

In the sequel to Unspoken, we finally get to see more of the world outside of the New Kingdom. We get to see the other side of the ravaged land and those affected by the centuries-long war. We watch as Izzy and Fray struggle to find themselves and hold onto each other as they try to build a new life beyond the Archway.

I love this world that Celia has created and was thrilled to be diving deep
Celia McMahon
Nov 08, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
UNCAGED was the most challenging book I'd ever written. When UNSPOKEN was first picked up by a small indie publisher back in 2017, I started up on the sequel right away. But when the small press decided to close, I was left with two books that I never thought would see the light of day. So, Izzy, Fray, and Ashe's stories were left dangling. Enter The Parliament House Press, who took a chance on my wolf children, and with the best of eyes, transformed this difficult book into something that made ...more
Yolanda
Dec 11, 2020 rated it liked it
I Liked:
*Aesthetics ~ the covers for the whole series are so good! I love the color scheme and the cover art is just so beautiful.

*World Building ~ Izzy and Fray have left Stormwall and now they are in The Old Kingdom which is very detailed. I enjoyed learning about this land of Gwylis who aren’t voiceless, the Gwylis history and their way of life. We get a lot more wolves in this book as Izzy meets Fray’s old pack.

*Characters ~ I like meeting the new characters like Olio (he’s my fave). Sonia i
Katelynn Watkins
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-reviews
The sequel to "Unspoken," and the second book in Celia McMahon's fantasy trilogy, Uncaged offers an action-packed continuation of a story about magic, loyalty, wolves and war.

If you haven't read "Unspoken," stop here. Do not pass "Go," do not collect $200 (I saw it first, and finders keepers). Uncaged is not for the faint of heart, and this review is going to contain spoilers. To really appreciate them, you're going to want to start at the beginning.

Now, on to the juicy stuff. We've got allian
Nessa
Feb 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Brigette
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was ok
Monica
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It started with a princess and a kitchen boy with no voice. Now Izzy is one of the Gwylis and Fray has been cured if the sickness that left him unable to speak or to change. They try to escape to the Old Kingdom, but uncover darker secrets than the ones they left behind.

If you haven’t read Unspoken, you need to go do that now. If you have, then you need to immediately pick up Uncaged, because it is SO. DAMN. GOOD. This isn’t a “happily ever after” story, the prince does not get the princess, and
Brigid - thereadingsassanech
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
I read the first book in this series and I loved it. I definitely fell in love with the world and the magic system that Celia uses. I think that it is so well thought out and fun. Coming into the second book I didn't know how she would top the plot of the first book.

I will be honest and say that the second book wasn't my favourite. I found that it got slow in some places and I wasn't sure where it was going. It took me a little longer to get through for this reason. There was a lot of what I wi
Kimberly Gordon-Bercich
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Beta Testers

Adult content, reader discretion advised. Please find more Beta reader or an assistant to grammar check and proofread. I am terrible at grammar so if I am distracted its noticeable. Izzy and Fray are meant to be. She needs to accept herself and accept the help of her loved ones. She is so hell bent on protecting everyone that Izzy is taking their choices away and pushing everyone behind stone walls.
Savannah
Mar 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sink your fangs into worthy

A beautiful twist on wolves, princess and adventure. This is not your typical fantasy happily ever after. This is heart wrenching, breath taking and can’t eat shower or function without completion type of story. My love and heart goes out to Izzy... True Love and Adventure aren’t always happy..
Maria Lebron
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
After reading this second book in series and the first i can say i liked both books and the plots. I enjoy reading different kinds of books. I like the plot And structure of the story.
Emily Radojits
Apr 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. This one was a little slow until towards the end. Looking forward for the 3rd book and to learn where Izzys journey ends!
Cassidy
Feb 18, 2020 rated it liked it
Rating: 3 Stars
Read: February 2020

I'm not sure what to say about this book. I did like it better than Unspoken. However, some of the same issues I had with the first book carried over to this one. Two books in, I am still unsure if Izzy's kingdom is called the New Kingdom, Mirosa, or Stormwall. I felt no attachment to any of the characters (except Ghetee) (view spoiler)
A.J. Vrana
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Uncaged, the gripping second installment to Celia McMahon’s Unspoken Trilogy, follows our princess-turned-Gwylis protagonist Izzy as she travels to the Old Kingdom with Fray on a quest for truth and justice. Where the first book took place in Izzy’s home, in the confines of the palace and amid a world she’d always known, Uncaged takes us to a foreign and forgotten land of magic, treachery, and danger. The daughter of her new people’s old enemy, the pack into which Izzy and Fray wander are resist ...more
Brooke
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. I finished this almost a month ago and I’ve been sitting on it thinking of everything that happened. I can honestly say I enjoyed it and plan to read the next installment in this series. I love Izzy and her bad self. I love Frey. I love the struggles they are enduring together, but I didn’t love all of it. I am having personal qualms because I would have handled so many things differently than Izzy has handled them. And I’ ...more
Laura ( Latteandbooks )
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc
I feel like I didn’t get to enjoy this book because I didn’t read the first book in the series. I feel like I could have enjoyed it more knowing the back story. This book wasn’t for me. I wish that it was because the synopsis made the book sound interesting.
Michelle White Baker
Wei
Dec 23, 2020
Chloe
Feb 17, 2020

• Disenchanted (Disenchanted, #1)
  • Mark of the Empress (The Empire Saga #2)
  • Leaving Time
  • Can't Escape Love (Reluctant Royals, #2.6)
  • A Prince on Paper (Reluctant Royals, #3)
  • A Princess in Theory (Reluctant Royals, #1)
  • A Duke by Default (Reluctant Royals, #2)
  • Once Ghosted, Twice Shy (Reluctant Royals, #2.5)
  • Unnatural Magic
  • The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue (Montague Siblings, #1)
  • Blood and Brume
  • Stolen (The Stolen Series, #1)
  • Shameless (Sinful Surrender Quartet #4)
  • Snowfall: Book 2 (Somewhere in Time)
  • Epistemology of the Closet
  • Scandalous (Sinful Surrender Quartet #3)
  • The Gargoyle
  • The Faithless Hawk (The Merciful Crow, #2)
Me in the third person:

Celia Mcmahon is a devourer of books and coffee. If she’s not busy buying more books than she can read or discovering new ways of being tired, you can find her scouring the world army-wife style for book ideas.

What I read: I read fantasy and contemporary with your occasional biography and horror thrown in.

Unapologetically addicted to jalapeno Cheetos.

What I write: I write

Unspoken (3 books)
  • Unspoken (Unspoken, #1)
  • Unleashed (Unspoken, #3)