Start by marking “Fighting Fate (Fate, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fighting Fate (Fate, #2)

Fighting Fate (Fate, #2)

Katie has everything planned out; school, career, social life. And she isn't going to let anything get in her way. Until she repeatedly crosses paths with poster-child frat boy, Isaac Johnson.

She hesitates when all he wants is a hook up. She pushes him away when he shows signs of wanting more. Then she's torn, when she finds him all alone and sick as a dog after his frat
Published January 2020 by Anastasia Austin (first published September 19th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Fighting Fate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fighting Fate

Start your review of Fighting Fate (Fate, #2)
Heather Blair
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult, romantic
'Fighting Fate' was fun, funny, romantic getaway with all the addicting tropes you hope for when reading a romance. I had a great time reading Katie and Isaac's story and I think people will really enjoy it too.

Katie, the main character, is a breath of fresh air because she's not perfect and has faults. Her desire to be successful in her career and her belief that love will only get in the way creates a nice space for her character to grow. The fact that her studies and her future are so
Jessica Landberg
I really like Katie and Isaac as characters, and I enjoy their story. I don't mind sex scenes in a book, but I didn't like some of the language used here. I also prefer when not every single detail is described so thoroughly and graphic, I like when some things are left to my own imagination.

It's a fast and easy read, and I'm gonna miss Katie and Isaac...

Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Isaac and Katie are interesting characters in this college romance. She had her life planned until Isaac interrupted things. Their path constantly crosses and when he is left by himself while sick on top of things, she makes a conscious decision to assist him. Her feelings for Isaac are beginning to blur despite her determination. Will they have a happily ever after knowing Isaac's personality?

Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Wonderfully fantastic... The book was amazing... It had a lot of details and juicy scenes to it... The characters and their personalities match them perfectly... The plot and the storyline was very descriptive and amazing...

Jamie Lee Zonneveld
Fighting Fate was my first book by Anastasia Austin. I liked the story of Isaac "Muscles" and Katy "Blondie" very much. It was a really nice story with very likeble charachters and it was very well written. Can't wait for Jake's story.
Ashleigh
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A quick enjoyable read.

Know what you are getting: not a long story but the author does an amazing job of filling in all the gaps so that it is not full of holes while also not rushing too much.

I felt that the author had the ability to convey some depth to the personalities of the characters, despite the length of the book, bringing a greater sense of reality to her story.

I received a copy of this book. This review was posted voluntarily.
Vinessa Wooten
Feb 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a quick read
A little dirty
A lot of steam
A few mistakes and misunderstandings
An ah ha moment
A little maturing
Some understanding
Undeniable Attraction

Rudy Red
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was not sure about this book from the ARC preview, but I am really glad I took the chance. Totally loved it! Isaac and Katie were wonderful characters that drew you in from the onset and kept you at the edge of your seat throughout. They were earnest (almost to a fault), loyal, headstrong (Katie in particular), honest, and expressed honest feeling. Katie had a very set, determined plan in place, at least for her college time. She may not have known the exact direction post graduation, but how ...more
Christine Garza
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book from Anastasia Austin that I have ever read and I absolutely loved it. Katie is flawed and she knows it but she dedicates herself to be better and successful so she has a set plan for her life and doesn't want to deviate from those plans. Issac a 'frat boy' is far from the typical stereotype he portrays. I loved the dynamic and the sweet yet passionate romance between Katie and Issac and I loved that they both learned something from the other that helped them open up their ...more
Brenda
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Katie and Issac met at college in a round about way. The connection between these two young people was sweet to read about. Katie had her life planned out to achieve her ambition and studied hard for it. Almost there. Devotion to her studies and classes. She met Issac at a frat party she was literally drug to by her roommate. Issac's father was rich and they all thought he had it made. Wrong. He gave parties his friends, so called he thought, loved and encouraged the parties. He was in a wrong ...more
Faith89
Katie is all work and very little play. Her priorities are not falling behind in school and keeping her GPA high. She is focused and allows very little to distract her. She is out for a rare break in work when she meets Isaac. It's like the are pulled together by an unexplained force. Katie immediately puts an end to it and leaves Isaac without a name or phone number. Again circumstances put them together and they get to know each other over spring break. Katie learns a lot about balancing work ...more
Michele
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great chemistry between the two people Katie/Blondie and Issac/Muscles. Loved the college antics and all that was described, but also the pressures that are placed on the students in order to get projects and jobs once they are done with school. I like the inner turmoil within Katie to let her guard down and to trust Issac that he wants to be there for her. Wonderful ending in how the rest of their lives have yet to begun.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily
Anneliese
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
3.5/5 stars. I enjoyed this story a lot. I liked the interaction between Issac and Katie. As someone who tends to put her career over relationships I can understand where Katie is coming from with her hesitation to be with Issac. I think there was a lot of buildup to the smut scenes when I really just wanted it to happen already but I definitely understand why it was done. Overall this was a really great NA novel and I’m looking forward to the next book in this series.

I received a free copy of
J. Ockenhouse
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
No matter how much you plot and plan fate does exactly what it wants and you have no choice to ride with it, just ask Katie.

Isaac and Katie have such an impressive story for you. The writing flowed and captures the characters at their most vulnerable times and gives belief to their story. Such an incredible read. One that I'd recommend highly. I received an ARC for an honest and voluntarily review.
Jeanne Richardson
Sep 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the 2nd book I've read written by Anastasia Austin; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I can’t wait to read more of her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.

Amanda Lyons
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought this book was super cute and I highly recommend it! I loved how Katie and Isaac's relationship developed over the course of the book. There are some very steamy moments between these two. I was very sad when the book ended. I would love to see how things play out for these two after the timeline for this book.
Jadyen (jayjaysbooknook)
This book was absolutely adorable and I couldn’t put it down. I loved Katie and Isaac and their real life issues and stories. I loved the side characters and their parts within the story and can’t wait to see how the stories continue. The overall story arc was great and kept me entertained.

Maja
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my first read from this author and I definitely liked the story. It pulled me in from the very first line. Katie and Isaac were great characters and I liked reading about them. I will definitely read more.

Hazel
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story was enjoyable and funny Katie and isaac had really good chemistry between them which made the book interesting

Shawna
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Katie and Issac are destined to be together. If you’re looking for a really sweet story with closure and a happy ending then read this book!!

Melissa
Sep 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: booksprout
College romance with likable characters and a well-written story. Katie (Blondie) and Isaac (Muscles) were so cute and interesting.

Acai
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a nice full length novel. Girl meets boy in senior year when the pressure is on. She almost lets her career get in the way of their romance. It wasn’t a slow burn and there were some hot scenes. I enjoyed it.
Elvira
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the characters they are well developed and engaging from beginning to the end. The storyline flowed smoothly from page to page.

Angelica Larsson
This is the first book that I have read by this author and it will not be the last. I enjoyed the storyline and the characters. I loved the chemistry between Isaac and Katie. They are so good together.

Nate
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked Issac & Katie's story. Good characters. Lots of chemistry. This was a new author for me. Great book. I'm voluntarily leaving an honest review. And I received a free copy of the book.
Lindsy
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this story. It’s very adult and well written. I enjoyed the characters and how they were with each other. It seemed like fate was throwing these characters together instead of them going on spring break. They ended up enjoying spring break together.
Katie decided to take care of Issac and see where this relationship was going to go. I wish she had figured things out with him instead of running away but everyone has to figure things out in their own way. I thought it was cool
Anastasia Austin
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I can't tell you how grateful I am for the support I've gotten from family, friends, and you, the readers, while getting this book ready for you all to read. And I can't wait to hear what you all think of Katie and Isaac's story.As for me? I love it!

In this book you’ll find...
A woman afraid to commit.
A playboy looking for something new.
Spring break fling.
Stranded in a frat house.
Low angst.
High sexual tension.
Super steamy scenes.

Universal link
Haley
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was a bit hard to get through, it felt like i was reading a tumbler story and the characters personalities change so much its like 3 characters in one. Its a bit jumbled up and confusing sometimes as well. I gave it two stars instead of one because i did get to the end instead of putting it completely down

Celicia Fowlkes
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes you know what is right for you and nothing is done. He tried to find her after meeting her. He knew she was the right one for him just as she knew. I know they were busy with school but at least try to find out if it is really what you want. When she did that, she finally got what She wantef.

Héléne
Sep 19, 2019

• Secret Billionaire Baby Daddy
  • Snowed in With the Rancher
  • Doctor Mountain Man's Special Delivery (A Man Who Knows What He Wants, #39)
  • The Bad Twin
  • Loving Luca
  • One More Song
  • Mr. Misunderstood
  • Falling For Her Boss (A Man Who Knows What He Wants, #119)
  • Hot Daddy Sauce (Hot Daddy, #1)
  • Carpool (Milford College, #1)
  • Skye (Signature Sweethearts, #8)
  • With This Ring
  • Forbidden Dad (The Irresistible Daddies, #2)
  • Protective Captain: A Secret Virgin Romance
  • A Rock and a Hard Place
  • Faking It
  • Drawn to Dark
  • Brother's Billionaire Best Friend (A Second Chance Romance #2)
Fluffy and sweet with lots of heat.

Anastasia Austin writes new adult and adult romance with plenty of heat.
When she's not writing, Anastasia can be found planning her next month in her bullet journal, watching bullet journal YouTube videos, playing games with her family and friends, or cuddling with her two cats in the two minute window they aren't trying to kill each other. Just the cats, not