Start by marking “Fake to Fate (Fate, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fake to Fate (Fate, #1)

Fake to Fate (Fate, #1)

Stephanie expects a polite greeting when she calls for takeout. What she gets is an earful of obscene grunts and moans after dialing the wrong number. In no mood for pranks, she gives the guy an earful of her own. He apologizes. They exchange a pleasant farewell. The end, right?

Wrong.

Her ex-boyfriend, convinced Stephanie is lonely without him and should take him back,
Published January 2020 by Anastasia Austin (first published April 30th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Fake to Fate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fake to Fate

Start your review of Fake to Fate (Fate, #1)
Princess
Jun 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this from the author. A cute, fun story. Very fast paced with a sweet hea. Great job!
Faith89
Stephanie is a college student who finds it hard to open up to others. She does not party or interact with well with others. I thought something traumatic had happened in her past, but that’s not the case. That’s just her. Roland is a young professional catering to his dad so can prove he is capable of taking over the business. He had friends and experiences that are tailored to the business. They have a unique first “meeting” on the phone. A wrong number turns into a friendship. When Stephanie ...more
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
I absolutely loved this book and was honored to have been able to read and review. It was such a phenomenal read and had amazing characters as well as an amazing story line. I just could not get enough of it and once I started reading it I could not put it down. I recommend that you read it.

Vinessa Wooten
Aug 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Stephanie has a controlling ex, but he keeps coming back. He won't leave her alone.
Lie after lie she yells to gey rid of him. A wrong number to a guy who just wants to be alone. Stephanie explains she has an ex who stay an ex and he reluctantly helps her. But what they did not count on when they meet is the connection but what happens when the charade is over.

Lindsy
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this story. I thought it was a little quick and didn't realize it was short until I was almost done with it. I wondered how it would end because I felt that it was ending really quickly.
I think this was a really cute read though and I am glad Stephanie was able to get out of her shell and enjoy life a little. What an odd way to meet someone but I am glad Gabe was out of her life finally. I really did not like him and wasn't really sure what Stephanie saw in him.
I don't think I
Siobhan Yilmaz
Apr 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love how this story starts. Stephanie doesn't exactly mix things up in her life and the one time she tries, she rings the wrong number. It works out well for her though as Roland's stuck in a rut himself and the two of them hit it off.
Stephanie needs to get her ex off her back. He keeps trying to invade her life, but Gabe doesn't believe she's moved on and doesn't need him in her life. Her parents loved him but didn't know half of what happened between them. Roland steps up and they pretend
Michelle (Love, Stars and Books)
(I received a free eARC from the author for a voluntary and honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own)

Book review: Fake to Fate by Anastasia Austin (3.5 stars)

Fake to Fate by Anastasia Austin
Genre: New adult, Romance, Contemporary
Rating: 3.5 /5 stars

(Review)
(DISCLAIMER: All thoughts and opinions are my own.)

When Stephanie tries to call for a takeout, she ends up getting an earful of obscene noises from the other end and she realises it is the wrong number. Stephanie ends up calling the
Shaun
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Genni Piatt
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was such a short, cute read! Roland feels like he's going through the motions in life in order to please his dad. Stephanie feels lost after a breakup with her manipulative ex, Gabe. When Stephanie dials the wrong number ordering take out, she ends up finding Roland. They become quick over the phone friends. Stephanie tells Gabe that Roland is her boyfriend to get him off her back. Gabe tells Stephanie's parents about her new boyfriend. What happens when Roland agrees to be Stephanie's ...more
Naomi
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. When I started the book I was not quite sure if this was my cup of tea. For me, it took three chapters to get into the story. When the plot started to show and the main character had contact with her love interest I was hooked. The way Stephanie and Roland met was really funny to me. It was a short story and everything happened rather quickly, which didn't bother me while reading. The dialogue was funny and witty.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and
Jeanne Richardson
This is the 1st book I've read written by Anastasia Austin; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I will definitely be reading more of her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.

Sheila
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Stephanie dials a wrong number and after hearing some obscene talk she gives him (Roland) a ear full and hangs up. Then her ex Gabe wants she to take him back and to prove she has a boyfriend she call Roland and ask would he pretend to be her boyfriend to get Gabe off her back and he agrees. When her parents finds out she is dating they want to meet him. This is a cute sweet romance with great characters.

Terri Jones
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a quick, fun story that I enjoyed. How Stephanie and Roland meet is unique and I liked the way the characters got to know each other. I wanted to know what happened next. There were only a couple of sentences that I found were sticky and not sure what was meant. But overall, a good read. I wish the ending had been different, but that's just me. I recommend it.

Jadyen (jayjaysbooknook)
I really enjoyed this book and loved the character growth and journey.
It was fun to see what could happen when a wrong dial goes right.
Rolland was a true gentleman and Stephanie was a relatable character.
I really wish the book was longer.

C
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really, really loved this book!! It was so hilarious, it made me laugh out loud!! I didn't think it was going to end the way it did!! I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a really good and funny contemporary romance!!

Candie
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After an accidental meeting through a misdialed number, Stephanie and Roland begin a friendship. Roland agrees to be her fake boyfriend, but it quickly turns to more.

It was sweet but almost too sweet. There was no excitement or drama.

poppy
Apr 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ng
This was a really good cute read and I would recommend it. This is Stephanie and Roland's story these two meet when she calls him by accident thinking she is ordering takeout. I liked that they became friends this way and when she needs help getting rid of her ex she asks Roland to pretend to be her boyfriend this was a really sweet read I liked the characters and enjoyed getting to know them.
Christine Campbell
They meet when she dials the wrong number and she calls him back when her ex shows up. They talk on the phone and get to know each other and they stay on the phone for hours. They meet in person when her parents invite him when she is to go home on spring break. It was a good book. I loved it.

Esha
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG, what another great read, exciting and a page turner!!! The characters were great and the author really knows how to involve the reader. The pages jump out at the reader

Candice
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In order to get her ex off her back she redials the wrong number. He decides to play along hearing the desperation in her voice. Nothing could go wrong right?

Celicia Fowlkes
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good clean romance that started as a prank but ended in a relationship. They liked each other enough to try to make it work and it did.

Melissa
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: booksprout
A wrong number gives Stepanie and Roland a cute and weird meet up. Quick short story with enough to grab your attention. She thought she was ordering takeout but she was at the end of a prank call.

Bree Howland
Omg so much yes.
This was adorable and sweet and funny and ugh I just loved it.
Ashleigh
Aug 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great characters that will keep your interest extremely well.
The chemistry, sweetness, and twists in plot kept things interesting.
Add in a wee bit of drama and you have a good read.

I received a free copy of this book. This review was posted voluntarily.
Elvira
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this sweet book. What starts off as fake relationship turns into a whole lot fun. The characters are well developed and engaging the storyline was spicy.

Amy Miller
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good short story. Fun storyline with amazing characters that put a smile on your face. A must read!
Nate
Apr 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this one. Good characters. Was a quick read. I'm voluntarily leaving an honest review for a copy of the book via booksprout.
Jackie Roberts
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lisa H
Apr 09, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Two socially odd people. Stephanie is pretty unpleasant with a salty vocabulary.

Roland has no backbone and allows his father and friends to dictate his life.

Stephanie calls the wrong number and Roland pranks her.

Stephanie has an obnoxious ex, Gabe so she embroils Roland into being her fake bf.
Because she’s a hermit and Roland only does what other people want.

Roland deserves Stephanie since he needs someone to boss him around.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily
Kelly Bugler
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really good read. Couldnt put this down.

• Craving You
  • Circus Of The Dead, Book #1
  • His Little Wife Lie
  • Richmond Brothers Love Curves: Series Collection 1-3
  • Hot Daddy Sauce (Hot Daddy, #1)
  • Ransom (Courting Chaos #2)
  • Babysitter For Dad's Russian Mafia Bear Friend (Bratva Bear Shifters, #2)
  • Claiming His Fashionista (A Man Who Knows What He Wants, #120)
  • Richmond Brothers Love Curves : Series Collection 4-6
  • Full Bodied Curves (Richmond Brothers Love Curves Book 6)
  • Possessive Highlander (Lairds & Ladies, #1)
  • Marry Me: An Older Brother's Best Friend Romance
  • Brooklyn Bratva (Russian Underworld, #1)
  • A Man Who Knows What He Wants: Books 1-10
  • More Than Dad's Best Friend (A Man Who Knows What He Wants, #121)
  • Trouble (Hell's Heathens MC, #1)
  • Thanksgiving With Dad's Best Friend (A Man Who Knows What He Wants, #122)
  • Wilde Ride: A Short Biker Romance
Fluffy and sweet with lots of heat.

Anastasia Austin writes new adult and adult romance with plenty of heat.
When she's not writing, Anastasia can be found planning her next month in her bullet journal, watching bullet journal YouTube videos, playing games with her family and friends, or cuddling with her two cats in the two minute window they aren't trying to kill each other. Just the cats, not