Start by marking “Lie to Me (Clarke Brothers Series)” as Want to Read:
Lie to Me (Clarke Brothers Series)

Lie to Me

(Clarke Brothers #1)

Aiden
I’m happy up here in the mountains. There’s no one else around. No one to remind me of the past, no one to ask me about the future. My life is simple, but it’s enough.

Until suddenly, it’s not enough anymore.

Maddy shows up with the company that’ll rip this mountain apart and I know I should hate her, but I can’t. I know I should stay away, but I don’t want to.

Published September 18th 2019 by Independently published

To ask other readers questions about Lie to Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lie to Me

Start your review of Lie to Me (Clarke Brothers Series)
☆☆Hannah☆☆
I really enjoyed this this book. I liked Maddy and Aiden. It sucked that her dad's company did what they did to him and his brother's. However, they loved each other and got to have their HEA. I look forward to reading the next two books in the series.
Coco.V
Apr 06, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (4/6/2018)! ...more
Annie
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I volunteered to read this ARC for an honest review. I really enjoyed reading the story about Aiden and Madeline. Aiden is a young man who lives on the side of a mountain away from everyone else due to issues in the past regarding his father's death, The McCoys a local family, especially Maura McCoy his ex-girlfriend. Madeline is an environmentalist she's working as an environmental engineer for company who builds hotels. She cast with being the lead environmental engineer on a hotel project in ...more
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Aiden is furious with the Mccoys ever since they talked him and his brothers out of their business to help pay off their father's hospital bill. They realized afterwards how they were taken advantage of but by then it was too late. Now the town is in an up roar about the building of a new hotel that will upset the natural balance of nature and extinct animals that survive in the forest and river. Maddy is an environmental engineer who has been sent to represent the company who is building the ...more
Megan
Apr 27, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the characters in this book and the storyline was good but it just didn’t give me as much as I was expecting, I will definitely carry on with this series to find out what else happens but it wasn’t as full on as I expected. There was some twists and turns which I loved and I loved the ending of this book which is why I wanted to give it a higher rating but overall this book was just a little flat for me sometimes which is why it seems to of taken me a while to finish - As I said ...more
Megan
Madeline Croft
Aiden Clarke
----------------------------------
What happens?
Madeline is making up for her dad owning a oil company so she works as an environmental expert for a construction company.
Aiden and her meet at a community talk about a new hotel her company is building. Aiden is an unwilling part of the movement to stop the hotel being built and they cannot
Jenifer
Great characters. Even though they are on opposite sides of the construction of a brand new resort hotel in this tiny peaceful town, Maddy & Aiden have a sweet yet steamy instant connection that they can't deny.

The chapters are short and change povs back and forth so it reads really fast and holds your interest easily.

The bonus content of her first book 'Doctor O' is also great. There are also two sneak peeks of two books in the Knocked Up series. I recommend both series!
Glenda
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Madeline is going into the mountains to sell a small town on the idea of the hotel her company is building in their virgin forest. Aiden is asked by the town to represent the their interest in keeping the hotel out. They are on opposing sides, but still can't fight the pull they feel. Will they be torn apart or drawn together by this hotel?
Loved it! Great story, great characters. I look forward to the next Clarke brother's adventure.
Dawn Herrera
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, reviews
Lie To Me by Lilian Monroe was the first book that I have read from this author and found it very intriguing, the writing was well done and the storyline captures your attention from the very start. The characters are strong, independent and they definitely have some major chemistry. I really enjoyed this story and was hooked till the very end. I absolutely recommend this great story, I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.
Judith Fletcher
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The mountain man and the environmental woman

This story is full of passion, and sacrifice, and how the death of two fathers changed the lives of their children. It's been a while since I've read one of Lillian's books but I'm so pleased to have found her again. From starting this story I was hooked, and looking forward to reading this series.
Vivian Chrisman
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
They were on opposite sides of the debate but their chemistry would not be denied. Was there any chance of a HEA for Aiden and Maddy? This is the book in the "Clarke Brothers" series and the first book by this author I have read. I can't wait to read the next brother's story.

*I received an Advance Reader's Copy of this book via Hidden Gems which I am voluntarily reviewing*
Lizette Criscitiello-Diaz
Aiden and Maddy capture our hearts in Lie to Me. Aiden is fighting to keep his heart from breaking again after he meets Maddy she starts to heal his heartache. I love these books and look forward to seeing what happens next.
Beverly Kee
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book!

I normally don't like first person books in which both guy and girl take first person, but loved this one! Maybe it was the storyline or the mountains the townspeople wanted to save. Really enjoyed this story!
Kim F
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An amazing book. Extremely entertaining, captivating and interesting sexy read. I could not put it down. Wonderfully written with strong, intriguing characters. I want to read more from this author. I voluntarily read and reviewed an Exclusive Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Viera Bodnarova
Apr 06, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
So Bad, I couldn't finish it.
Karen Sebeika
it took a bit to get into but once it did it was a good read
Nate
Apr 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed Lilian & Aiden's story. Was intriguing. I'm voluntarily leaving a review for a copy of the book.
Kelley
May 20, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The 2 stars are very generous.
Linda
Oct 30, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story would like to know more of the brothers back story and hopefully see them get justice for their father
BooksSaveMe
May 12, 2018
Rebecca A. Smith
Dec 16, 2018
Bud Zumsteg
rated it did not like it
Dec 01, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Black Ice
  • Pretend You're Mine: A Curvy Girl Romance
  • Come Undone (Come Undone Trilogy #1)
  • Married to the Secret Billionaire
  • Bully Me Once (Invern Elite Prep School, #1)
  • Bully Me Never Again (Invern Elite Prep School, #3)
  • Bully Me Twice (Invern Elite Prep School, #2)
  • Baby Inheritance
  • Life Support (American Heroes, #1)
  • Rough Love (Tannen Boys #1)
  • Billionaire Needs Nanny
  • Dirty Trick (Ballers #3)
  • Puckboy
  • Playing Dirty (Ballers, #1)
  • The Casanova Experience (Ballers, #2)
  • Declan (Undercover Billionaire Book 4)
  • Insatiable
  • Savage Dom (Savage Island #1)

Clarke Brothers (2 books)
  • Swear to Me (Clarke Brothers Series, #2)